Colie Glass

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
How's Andy's work on Slime pieces? Ever since Toro came out with the goo I've been dying for one.
9d36efece77e11e2adc122000a1f9ace_7.jpg

love his slyme dish.

StonedMMA

I just received my colie glass cloud buddy adapter.

Item arrived within a week, it's high quality and great price.

StonedMMA,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Well the GAS has kicked in...just spoken to Andy and he is going to knock me up a Mini Sidearm Thick Showerhead with an 18mm female joint in Knight Rider Black...can't wait!

Should be rockin, and Andy is such a pleasure to deal with :rockon:

It will be similar to this piece...

custom_slightly_worked_mini_showerhead_bubbler_-_you_pick_color_a94875bc.jpg

Edit:

Andy just sent me a picture of the black glass on a different piece he has just done...nice!

mQufV1x.jpg

Last edited:

bench88

Quick questions about hook up with my extreme Q.

"GonG: 18mm Male or Female (You Pick)"
For elbow piece hook up to my extreme Q, do I pick male or female 18mm?

bench88,

FrogBoy138

Quick questions about hook up with my extreme Q.

"GonG: 18mm Male or Female (You Pick)"
For elbow piece hook up to my extreme Q, do I pick male or female 18mm?
You need a 18mm Female. Colie glass is a good choice for someone getting into the glass hobby.

FrogBoy138,
Reactions: Richy

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Female is probably what you want, but I'm not totally clear what you're trying to do? Connect the Q directly to a glass piece, or using a whip in between?

To connect a Q directly to female glass you'll also need a male-to-male adapter, and to do it with a whip you'll need an extra whip adapter. You can alternatively connect a Q directly to male glass with no extra hardware by putting a packed elbow screen directly in the glass's male joint, but it's a lot more awkward to connect a whip to a male piece.

Anonymouse,

bench88

The setup I was talking about would require a small which in between two glass elbow pieces that came with my extreme.

Now I'm thinking about doing all glass on glass. I don't know how I could hook this kind of setup to the extreme without the piece being directly on top of the extreme. Your thoughts?

bench88,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Yeah, it was female you wanted originally, then. If you did have a male/DI piece, though, the procedure is easy. Load an elbow screen, sit it in the male joint of the piece, put the Cyclone bowl over it (or a shorter female to female adapter if you have one), and then invert the whole Q on top. As long as you hold both the Q and the piece while you take the hit, it'll be fine, and the Q browns more evenly when used inverted, too.

Only downside is you have to clear through the load, which means you cool it off between hits and add a few seconds to the priming delay of the next draw. On the bright side, gently pack the elbow half full and it's perfectly possible to expend the whole thing in one long draw, rendering said downside moot.

Anonymouse,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
You can also just put the cyclone bowl directly on a Male joint, put bud in the cyclone bowl, and put the EQ on the cyclone bowl.

That way the cyclone bowl/EQ can be lifted from the piece, allowing the piece to be cleared without cooling the load.
The only thing you'd need to be careful of is to not flip the EQ/cyclone bowl back to "regular", or you could end up with bud all through the heater...

Frederick McGuire,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You can also just put the cyclone bowl directly on a Male joint, put bud in the cyclone bowl, and put the EQ on the cyclone bowl.

That way the cyclone bowl/EQ can be lifted from the piece, allowing the piece to be cleared without cooling the load.
The only thing you'd need to be careful of is to not flip the EQ/cyclone bowl back to "regular", or you could end up with bud all through the heater...

The problem is the Q works like total ass if you don't elbow pack, though. If you want to properly milk a piece you basically have to load the elbow screen, or put a ridiculously large load in the Cyclone and prime it forever (as opposed to an elbow, that holds about 0.2g fully packed and primes in a few seconds).

Anonymouse,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah, fair enough, I haven't used my Q like that, I've just seen a few vids like that and thought I'd throw it out as an option.

Also, since the bud is closer to the heater I figured it'd probably get it up to temp quicker...
And, since it's be using the cyclone bowl the opposite way to the stock setup, you wouldn't get the bud swirling around in there, I figured it'd make it act at least slightly more like an elbow pack :shrug:

Frederick McGuire,

SnidelyWhiplash

I just bought the 13" Honeycomb to Reti Perc Waterpipe - 19mm specifically to use with the cloud and I have a baddass DSLR and know how to edit.

So... I'll shall be posting 60p slow motion video after I get mine. Drum roll please........

Last edited:

Rrose Selavy

log enthusiast
very cool. i am liking it more and more everyday. it should match well with the solo. i use a log with mine and i have never had any problems. nice and sturdy so no need to worry about it tipping.

Andy is very quick i had mine a week after contacting him.

Rrose Selavy,

TommydCat

My first researched piece that I didn't just pick up on a whim when Andrew happened to make what I already had in mind at a very very reasonable price - 50mm shower head to 60mm 8-arm:

Worked tree top and matching bowl (matches better from other angle.. lol)!

I really like this bowl (but strictly limited to connoisseur use):

Closeup of that showerhead:

With Colie Cleaning Plug:

TommydCat

(Sorry for double-post, but previous post no longer editable)

Review after a couple days:

This piece is the bhomb for oils, gives a nice clean cool hit and really brings out the flavors in the really saturated oils. This is where this piece really shines, much like a decanter can "open up" a wine.

Not enough diffusion (into air a la can size, not water perc) for a daily flower piece (not that I combust daily), yet tasty A+ bud snaps work great - and I have to clean the fuck out of anything to get that burnt smell out, yet with the right bud this can be a treat (like going to DQ but having to clean up the resulting mess, worth it for something tasty every once in a long, long while).

Vaping off an Extreme-Q is really, really nice. Moistens it up more than a single perc bubbler (vaping always leaves my throat really dry - I usually am chugging a glass of water with it - not nearly as necessarily this time out). It's always got a bit more heft and a much more stable base than my vape bubblers - this is a huge plus to keep a hose from accidentally pulling a lesser piece off my desk.

Yes, this may look similar to some other brands out there, but this thing is really ripping the oils and vape for me - and that's no bull, and the reasons for why I got it. I've got a huge beaker for flower, but a bit oversized (a la most of the college smoke store bongs), which I knew this piece wouldn't replace (but I was hoping) so I'm on the lookout for a nice flower piece next, but not in any hurry since it's rare strain that calls for it (e.g. Cherry Pie - just doesn't taste "right" in a vape).

(Fixed last pic from previous post)

Dry pull (click for vid):

Last edited:

Angus Thermopyle

miner of truth & delusion
Andy just sent me a pic of my new bubbler just before it went in the kiln...

Looking forward to trying it...I think it looks swish :)

That looks like a perfect match for the SOLO. Nice clean look as well! Congrats.

Your wait just got a bit tougher. Enjoy.

Angus Thermopyle,
Reactions: GSH
Top Bottom