Colie Glass

colieglass

I was getting a bit of a "heated" vibe from your previous reply. I thought you seemed offended, but if my wires were crossed, all the better, as I was not trying to cause any. Then again my judgement is somewhat impaired right now, I guess.

Interesting how the perks go in. I looked at the perfect outer walls and assumed they used tube of final length, slid a disc down inside, and somehow through-welded it with a ring burner or something. Like I said, not a glassblower. I do like to know how stuff goes together, though, as it helps you think what else could be assembled using the same techniques.

Thinking about it, the "disc percs"could be as simple as a diaphagm with a single hole, slightly offset from centre (allowing them to be rotated so that each discs' hole doesn't line up with any above or below, slowing backflow). Actually combines some of the earlier thought in that the single holes, as well as being easy to make, would also act like crude venturis, and generate a shitload of turbulence, so they'd be more effective than they sound. I'll try to get around to sketching something up, but it's near 4.00am and I doubt it'll happen before tomorrow.

word, sounds good, try to find that swagger video, there is no ring torch, youre spinning it on a lathe.

p.s. i didnt really call every glassblower in the world and tell them you loved only heady pieces.

Thank you KC for the Video, you guys are killing it !

Tweek

How much does a basic setup cost for someone just starting out? Do you think there is an age limit to learning how to do this sort of thing? Just curious.

Tweek,

colieglass

How much does a basic setup cost for someone just starting out? Do you think there is an age limit to learning how to do this sort of thing? Just curious.

Tweek, it really depends how far you wanna take it and how serious you get. I answer this question all the time. If it was me, and I was starting out on a hobby level, and I knew then what i know now, I would set aside about 3k before jumping into it. That being said, there are heads like myself at one time, where i started up for about 700 bucks, but all i was capable of was making little oil rigs, pipes, nothing larger than my 9x9x9 kiln. I have seen lathes go from 5k up to 50k in person and im sure they get wilder than that. plus if you watch that corning glass museum shit, i dont even wanna know the cost of those kilns... my god.

but then there are heads who are really crafty and can build on the hand tools, kilns and numerous other tools i wont even get into. but it really depends how crafty you are and how determined youre to make it happen. it isnt cheap and it takes a big leap... but you can rest assure if youre not keen to it after youve invested all that money somebody else will come along and buy that equipment off of you quickly.

Tweek

Thanks brother, I appreciate you taking the time. Right now, I am interested in it as a hobby, small scale if possible. Nothing for selling...just personal satisfaction. There are some places around me that have workshops that I might take, just to see how much I enjoy it.

colieglass

Thanks brother, I appreciate you taking the time. Right now, I am interested in it as a hobby, small scale if possible. Nothing for selling...just personal satisfaction. There are some places around me that have workshops that I might take, just to see how much I enjoy it.

those workshops are usually pretty dope... you can always move to cali and ask jhan for a job, i heard he hires peeps off the streets... :lmao:

colieglass,
Reactions: Tweek

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie

I can't wait to see some Tweeked out glass.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
My piece just came in !!!!!

Pics/vids later.
This is my new baby ! :rockon:
12inch straight tube , diffused downstem.
Pretty simple hen.

Custom Colie whip adapter coming soon.

Really thick and has that handmade touch.i love it.
IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

colieglass

ya man , the joint is really rock solid and its huuuge.

i let the ice melt before using it so no danger suffocating :lol:

Im so glad it made it to you in one piece.. i always get scared of international orders cause it takes em so long to deliver, you seen how beat up the box was, it was brand new when i sent it and it looked like they played hockey with the box strapped to their chest. I swear the post office is a joke sometimes... sorry about the whip attachment, i am hip now, just give me some time to get it to you... anybody else who wants an herbalaire 2.2. whip attachment, please contact me.. thanks :)

You know what im saying? - J-Roc

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Im so glad it made it to you in one piece.. i always get scared of international orders cause it takes em so long to deliver, you seen how beat up the box was, it was brand new when i sent it and it looked like they played hockey with the box strapped to their chest. I swear the post office is a joke sometimes... sorry about the whip attachment, i am hip now, just give me some time to get it to you... anybody else who wants an herbalaire 2.2. whip attachment, please contact me.. thanks :)
yeah man quite beat up ! this is the best angle :
IMG_2592.jpg

but of course it was verryyy well packed !!

IMG_2610.jpg

few extras !
IMG_2611.jpg

colieglass

Love that piece you made :rockon:

thanks man, that distributor is cool that's in the video. he has this vision of a glass webstore with only Colorado glass companies. he has his site up and running, the link is in the description of the video... thanks man.. :)... I made another gem today, I will post some pics later :)

francis

Vape enthusiasms
thanks man, that distributor is cool that's in the video. he has this vision of a glass webstore with only Colorado glass companies. he has his site up and running, the link is in the description of the video... thanks man.. :)... I made another gem today, I will post some pics later :)
yeah man pretty sick piece there ! thats impressive !:clap:

itschad

Lot of really nice pieces in this topic. Do you have a listing/website colie? I want to get a dedicated oil rig in a few months and I really like a few of these

itschad,

colieglass

Lot of really nice pieces in this topic. Do you have a listing/website colie? I want to get a dedicated oil rig in a few months and I really like a few of these

itschad??? is this mr. brown fucking with me again? mods please investigate this person and make sure he dont have an identical ip to xchadb.
xchadb, stop harassing me, I refuse to give you a back rub. Please drop it.

dabzilla.com is my webpage. as long as youre not trying to get a backrub, we could probably work you out an oil rig... why dont you just contact me when youre ready and we will put something together..
pe@ce

itschad

itschad??? is this mr. brown fucking with me again? mods please investigate this person and make sure he dont have an identical ip to xchadb.
xchadb, stop harassing me, I refuse to give you a back rub. Please drop it.

dabzilla.com is my webpage. as long as youre not trying to get a backrub, we could probably work you out an oil rig... why dont you just contact me when youre ready and we will put something together..
pe@ce

hahah i don't know who mr. brown is but i don't think i'm him.

I'm over in louisiana, never heard of ya til today. thanks though man, i'll peep the website

itschad,
Top Bottom