Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Hi. I just bought a flowerpot b1 and am trying to decide between CC glass pieces to pair with it. I am leaning towards the protege but in reading here it seems like vertex may be more recommended as a daily driver? I want a piece I can put water in so I do not think the prophet would be a good fit for me.

If you could pick only one CC piece to be your daily driver with a ball vape only for flower not concentrates, what would it be? Thanks!
I have a B1 and I slightly prefer the Protege with it. I use the Vertex a lot more lately with other vapes because it preserves a bit more flavor. Although the Protege can surprise you despite the frit doing a lot of diffusion.

I think that the B1 performs best with a bigger piece where you can watch the vapor appear. In my experience it needs a good rip to get really going, and the Protege sets me up for success with that. It's not a huge piece by any means but it has more volume available for vapor than the Vertex.

Anyway, that's my experience. YMMV

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Minis on the horizon also?
Terry Crews Awwwww GIF by America's Got Talent

the123321

I have a B1 and I slightly prefer the Protege with it. I use the Vertex a lot more lately with other vapes because it preserves a bit more flavor. Although the Protege can surprise you despite the frit doing a lot of diffusion.

I think that the B1 performs best with a bigger piece where you can watch the vapor appear. In my experience it needs a good rip to get really going, and the Protege sets me up for success with that. It's not a huge piece by any means but it has more volume available for vapor than the Vertex.

Anyway, that's my experience. YMMV

Thank you for the feedback. That is good to know. So it looks like the Protege may be my best bet for the B1. I am looking at the Prophet too now after reading so many good recommendations for it. I just know when I was doing dabs in a dry rig my tongue and throat start hurting from it so I switched back to water and I had my PID set to 520 for dabs. I imagine running it at 665 for the B1 would be even hotter. Anybody run into throat burn when using the prophet without water with a ball vape like the B1?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thank you for the feedback. That is good to know. So it looks like the Protege may be my best bet for the B1. I am looking at the Prophet too now after reading so many good recommendations for it. I just know when I was doing dabs in a dry rig my tongue and throat start hurting from it so I switched back to water and I had my PID set to 520 for dabs. I imagine running it at 665 for the B1 would be even hotter. Anybody run into throat burn when using the prophet without water with a ball vape like the B1?
The prophet is literally my go-to piece for most vapes. It can keep up with my B1, but it can also be overwhelmed. Less throat problems, just a lot of vapor. You can put water in the prophet, as @Shit Snacks recommends, but I haven't tried it yet.
I just don't really use it with my Zeal or B1 because the Zeal especially produces so much vapor so quickly.

I don't usually run my B1 that hot, but lots of people do. If you haven't, I'd encourage to play around with lower temps. The beauty of a nice dry piece is preserving the flavor, which is mostly gone at 666F with a B1. Which be another reason I don't use the prophet much with the B1; it can mute the flavor more than some others.

Anyway, the prophet absolutely rules and I consider it my only indispensable glass. It lets you experience your vape to its fullest but still keeps it cool. With a j-hook using the B1 can be like sucking on a tailpipe.

the123321

The prophet is literally my go-to piece for most vapes. It can keep up with my B1, but it can also be overwhelmed. Less throat problems, just a lot of vapor. You can put water in the prophet, as @Shit Snacks recommends, but I haven't tried it yet.
I just don't really use it with my Zeal or B1 because the Zeal especially produces so much vapor so quickly.

I don't usually run my B1 that hot, but lots of people do. If you haven't, I'd encourage to play around with lower temps. The beauty of a nice dry piece is preserving the flavor, which is mostly gone at 666F with a B1. Which be another reason I don't use the prophet much with the B1; it can mute the flavor more than some others.

Anyway, the prophet absolutely rules and I consider it my only indispensable glass. It lets you experience your vape to its fullest but still keeps it cool. With a j-hook using the B1 can be like sucking on a tailpipe.

That is great to know. Thanks!

I may hold off on the prophet for now. I have a 9" TAG recycler dab rig that I was going to use with the B1 but after reading a bit it looked like I should maybe go a little bigger for the B1. I was looking at 12" bent necks then I saw this awesome looking CC glass recommended on reddit then I found this thread. That Protege just looks awesome in the videos I have found for it. I think I may go that route first then maybe try the prophet later. I am going to wait for 710 to buy in case of any sales.

Anyone using a whip with the Protege? I may give that a try too. I used a whip with my silver surfer and enjoyed the convenience of it.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah the prophet is actually really fun to use in reverse with a little water, would be really nice with nice dabs, but yeah that would get it dirtier, better to have a dedicated dab rig separate regardless... Protege is good for the smoother hits with the big ballers, I did a description post somewhere comparing all of them, vertex would kind of be somewhere in between, flavor retention with cooling, working at as a dry piece or a wet piece pretty well... Unique though being an egg, protege is more of the smooth hitting big ripper, and they all work fine with a whip!

the123321

Yeah the prophet is actually really fun to use in reverse with a little water, would be really nice with nice dabs, but yeah that would get it dirtier, better to have a dedicated dab rig separate regardless... Protege is good for the smoother hits with the big ballers, I did a description post somewhere comparing all of them, vertex would kind of be somewhere in between, flavor retention with cooling, working at as a dry piece or a wet piece pretty well... Unique though being an egg, protege is more of the smooth hitting big ripper, and they all work fine with a whip!

Thank you for the reply and info. I do not need a lot of cooling, just enough for it to not burn my throat/tongue and would like to experience the flavor now that I am into higher quality stuff. The middle of the road description of the vertex sounds like it would be great but from the earlier comment it sounds like the vertex may be not as ideal as the protege volume wise for the B1 and since I do not plan to branch out much(yet) into other vapes, I want to start with the best option for the B1 so I think I will go with the Protege and maybe try the prophet later.

I used to always use the protégé with a whip. Had the piece next to my bed. Not anymore, grandkids moved in. The party is over…

Thanks. Sounds like I will be getting a whip too or I may try my silver surfer whip with it since I just ordered a new tube for it anyway.

the123321

Does CC website usually do anything for 7/10? Planning to order the protege and ash catcher and wondering if I should wait.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does CC website usually do anything for 7/10? Planning to order the protege and ash catcher and wondering if I should wait.
I vaguely remember iDB said he was going to list some stuff on sale for 4/20, but I think shipping delays and life thwarted that plan. I don't think it was anything like a discount on the Protege or other mainline glass. Maybe those vapcap stems?

Anyway, you can always wait and see, but there is always the risk of it selling out. Although I have no clue how many CC has in stock.

the123321

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just didn't want to make the same mistake I did with my B1 setup. I bought a lot of B1 stuff a couple days ago then found out that CH was going to be having a 20% off sale next week lol.

I know I have already bugged yall a bunch but I have one last question before I order.

I'm getting the protege and ash catcher. CC is out of stock on the dropdown ash catcher that was made for the protege. They have the extended drop down that was made for the vertex but it looks like it may be a bit big for the protege. They have a non drop down ash catcher in stock. Is the drop down a better choice with the protege? Would you just get the non drop down or wait for them to get the drop down back in stock? I do not mind waiting to order the catcher if the drop down is better.

I know it is probably just a preference thing but I have no frame of reference here and wanted to see what those of you that have more experience with these pieces would get. I tried searching online for the benefits of drop down vs non and did not find much so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks! That really should be my last question lol.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
m getting the protege and ash catcher. CC is out of stock on the dropdown ash catcher that was made for the protege. They have the extended drop down that was made for the vertex but it looks like it may be a bit big for the protege. They have a non drop down ash catcher in stock. Is the drop down a better choice with the protege? Would you just get the non drop down or wait for them to get the drop down back in stock? I do not mind waiting to order the catcher if the drop down is better.
Get the large drop down. It's better all around. I have both and I almost exclusively use the larger one now.

the123321

Ok that is good to know. Thanks. Since it said it was made for the vertex I wanted to ask first to make sure it wouldn't look out of place on the protege. Such a great looking glass piece I wanted to make sure I got the right matching catcher for it.

I got it ordered. I am really looking forward to using this piece. My 9" dab rig does not cool the B1 enough so this should be just what I need. Thanks again everyone!

coolbreeze

@iDRINKBLEACH apart from Influx, will you produce smaller models of your existing pieces? For example, Prophet or Protégé.
@Axel_420, it's really not that large, but it is large enough:
IMG-2109.jpg

That's a Couch Log, which is kind of small. The Prophet is just over 4.75 inches high at the joint, 7 inches at the middle tube, and about 11 inches tall at the tip of the mouthpiece. The volume, cooling angles and nubs, bowl placement, and stability are just about perfect. It really is everything it's cracked up to be. A smaller one might be less useful, as you'd start getting into size-related issues of balance, cooling, bowl placement, etc.

Top Bottom