claiming insurance for broken water piece, at USPS...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Has anyone had to claim insurance on a glass water piece that broke in shipping?? My concern is that USPS is federal, and if they ask to see the broken glass in person (having me bring it to the P.O.) should I be concerned about breaking any laws by taking it there for inspection? Personally, it's not worth finding out the hard way to get my $ back, if it turns out to be a valid concern. I just really don't know where that line is, and wondered if anyone in FC has experience with this.

jambandphan03,

way2

I've never had any experience but, as long as it's clean there is nothing to worry about. Glass is not illegal.

way2,

Anders Nelson

there is nothing to lose--they cant charge you for anything.. if anything they'd know you were a stoner, and that doesnt matter. Anyways i bet tons of water pipes have broken in the mail, this definitely won't be their first issue like this at all

Anders Nelson,
Depends how anonymous you are or want be at your post office. If you're in a small town, uptight town, etc, etc. I understand your concern.

kelper,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, right now I am a carded patient in OR, so it should not be a real issue, I just wanted to find out if there was any real concern to be aware of. I am not even sure if I will need to show proof or not since I submitted a photo of the broken parts, as I have yet to hear anything from USPS. I filed on the 8th of March, so they are leaving me in the dark at this point, I have no idea how long this should take.

jambandphan03,

Anders Nelson

im not really sure how long it'd take either, but u could call in and ask about your claim. It'd be just to see what is going on, you know?

Anders Nelson,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sounds to me like you are in the right place to not worry about it. however, i would check on the status of the sender as well to make sure that person is not at risk.

stickstones,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am the sender, the person who bought it, and received it broken, shipped it back to me.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom