Civilization Much Older Than Previously Thought

steiner666

Serial vapist
Just to let everyone know, this is a segment from the history channel series Ancient Aliens, and it is probably THE most mind blowing show IMO. So many unexplainable evidence from all across the world that indicates some form of extraterrestrial intervention. I'm not one to buy into beliefs blinding, and i kinda laughed at the name/concept of the show at first, but man they have some things that are really really hard to deny.

The pilot ep is a good place to start of course, it kinda summarizes a majority of the evidence from around the world, and teh subsequent episodes kinda go more in detail on the individual cases.

steiner666,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Amazing stuff considering how old it is, looking forward to the eventual findings.

The skeptical historian in me cannot help but be slightly annoyed at the unhistorical History Channel as ever though. The people they get to talk and comment on their shows are always just 'authors' or 'investigative journalists' etc. Whenever you see a History documentary on the BBC it's supported by professors from Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, MIT etc. or even the archaeologists themselves. I suppose the History Channel would rather spend money making such great historical shows as Ice Road Truckers, Ax Men, and UFO Hunters...

Anyway this site is truly fascinating - religious centres, assuming that's what this is or something similar, were always the starting points for the surrounding areas. One of the most amazing places on Earth that I intend to visit one day is the Oracle at Delphi, which completely transformed that area from a tiny mountain town to the centre of the Graeco-Roman world.

wilf789,

djonkoman

ahh, ancient aliens, interesting show
it was on veetle.com for a while, don't know if it still is(I saw most episodes), but if it still is that great place to watch it(we have no history channel here, just like we don't have adultswim and other american channels)

about it being unhistorical, my history teacher in the first grade of highschool said the very first lesson wee got, that history is 10% facts and 90% guessing

and even if the ancient alien theory is not true, it's still a cool serie because of the interesting sites they visit
the electric universe theory also uses some similar things(also some documentaries about that, also sometimes on veetle but less popular so lower on the list, 'symbols of an ancient sky')

djonkoman,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's true;

L. Ron Hubbard's teachings said:
Xenu was the ruler of a Galactic Confederacy 75 million years ago, which consisted of 26 stars and 76 planets including Earth, which was then known as "Teegeeack". The planets were overpopulated, with an average population of 178 billion. The Galactic Confederacy's civilization was comparable to our own, with aliens "walking around in clothes which looked very remarkably like the clothes they wear this very minute" and using cars, trains and boats looking exactly the same as those "circa 1950, 1960" on Earth.

Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of psychiatrists, he summoned billions of his citizens together under the pretense of income tax inspections, then paralyzed them and froze them in a mixture of alcohol and glycol to capture their souls. The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). The appearance of these spacecraft would later be subconsciously expressed in the design of the Douglas DC-8, the only difference being: "the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't". When they had reached Teegeeack/Earth, the paralyzed citizens were unloaded around the bases of volcanoes across the planet. Hydrogen bombs were then lowered into the volcanoes and detonated simultaneously. Only a few aliens' physical bodies survived.

The now-disembodied victims' souls, called thetans, were blown into the air by the blast. They were captured by Xenu's forces using an "electronic ribbon" ("which also was a type of standing wave") and sucked into "vacuum zones" around the world. The hundreds of billions of captured thetans were taken to a type of cinema, where they were forced to watch a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for thirty-six days. This implanted what Hubbard termed "various misleading data"' (collectively termed the R6 implant) into the memories of the hapless thetans, "which has to do with God, the Devil, space opera, et cetera". This included all world religions, with Hubbard specifically attributing Roman Catholicism and the image of the Crucifixion to the influence of Xenu. The two "implant stations" cited by Hubbard were said to have been located on Hawaii and Las Palmas in the Canary Islands.

In addition to implanting new beliefs in the thetans, the images deprived them of their sense of personal identity. When the thetans left the projection areas, they started to cluster together in groups of a few thousand, having lost the ability to differentiate between each other. Each cluster of thetans gathered into one of the few remaining bodies that survived the explosion. These became what are known as body thetans, which are said to be still clinging to and adversely affecting everyone except those Scientologists who have performed the necessary steps to remove them.

A government faction known as the Loyal Officers finally overthrew Xenu and his renegades, and locked him away in "an electronic mountain trap" from which he still has not escaped. Although the location of Xenu is sometimes said to be the Pyrenees on Earth, this is actually the location Hubbard gave elsewhere for an ancient "Martian report station". Teegeeack/Earth was subsequently abandoned by the Galactic Confederacy and remains a pariah "prison planet" to this day, although it has suffered repeatedly from incursions by alien "Invader Forces" since that time

Maybe Tom Cruise & Co. are right.

So I guess we should be careful poking around any of these pre-ancient sites for fear of maybe releasing Xenu?

:lol:

I think there's quite a market for such fantasy's and they get good viewing figures. Agree with Wilf that I'd like to hear the academic community's interpretation; I was pretty disappointed when I looked in to other informed opinions on the Crystal Skulls after watching a fascinating one sided TV documentary- it turned out to be pretty spurious. Not to say that there's not a lot of strange unexplainable historical shit out there........ there sure is..... just maybe less than we/the TV producers would like us to believe :2c:

WatTyler,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
The whole series is on You tube. Just watched the first and part of the second. Some really perplexing stuff. Still not convinced it's aliens, but pretty fascinating anyway. Worth a watch;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qtjI8eGtvM

Couldn't stand the way there was backing mood music and sound effects for a majority of the show :/

WatTyler,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I was told L. Ron Hubbard was room-mates with Robert Heinlein around the time Heinlein wrote, "Stanger in a Strange Land."

I Grok Scientology in a somewhat disdainful light. hehe...L. Ron ain't no Michael Valentine, but sure lived the lifestyle.

I'm glad to hear about such an old civilization...what else did we miss?

VWFringe,

crawdad

floatin
VWFringe said:
...what else did we miss?

likely a lot. finding an artifact or a drawing on a wall is but a sliver of a glimpse into the mind and life of a society we can only speculate about. i find all kinds of artifacts (being it human or other) fascinating, it helps to put together the puzzle that is our journey as a species.

crawdad,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Just had to revisit this thread in light of the most recent episode of South Park.

For those who didn't see it it completely lampoons the History Channel and its theories of ancient aliens, this time centring around the history of Thanksgiving.
Mini review here: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/11/south-park-review-natalie-portmans-vagina/
Mini trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXJi3FBCpDc

They make a lot of fun about the History Channel's style of negative argument - basically that you can't prove that aliens etc weren't there back then, and plus there's a load of totally weird symbols that we can't explain man... :rolleyes:

As one of the mock 'experts' of the History Channel says in the episode: In every journal entry we researched from those early pilgrims. not one entry mentions anything about aliens not being there.

djonkoman's history teacher was right to suggest caution when dealing with this subject, but there's a big difference between academic, peer-reviewed, journal-published history and people who write a book about murky parts of history based on highly questionable evidence just because they can.

To be honest if you get into dense historical theory, you can argue that nothing that has ever happened is provable. All history is based on sources, which are created by language, which poststructuralists/postmodernists will tell you can be interpreted uniquely by every single different person who encounters them, thus rendering everything into fiction, not fact. (See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodern_philosophy and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-structuralism )

To quote Jenkins, a staunch postmodern theorist:
Not only are multiple and sometimes mutually exclusive interpretations [of historical sources] possible, they are inevitable, and the truth of an interpretation cannot be verified. All histories are equally representative of reality and therefore equally fictitious.

However, this is a pretty extreme view and despite making a fair amount of sense when you sit down and think about it (or do a degree on it like I did), it works better as an exercise in thought rather than in academic practice. As another prominent theorist, R. J. Evans, stated:
Through the sources we use, and the methods with which we handle them, we can, if we are very careful and thorough, approach a reconstruction of past reality that may be partial and provisional, and certainly will not be objective, but is nevertheless true... even if the truth they tell is our own, and even if other people can and will tell them differently.

All of which means that the postmodern challenge to history results in us having to put up with the History Channel and its wacky programming - but it doesn't mean you have to believe 99% of what they say! Most historians still have high empirical standards I can assure you...

I'm sorry if all of this has been a very boring rant, and didn't mean to annoy anyone who watches the History Channel, who are of course welcome to watch and believe whatever they want, I'm just speaking up for the majority of historians!
And I'd be impressed if anyone cared long enough to read through all this, but it was bugging me and I had to get it out somewhere! Although for those among us interested in philosophy, I can really recommend a vape accompanied by some Derrida or Barthes (even if they are overly-wordy Frenchies). Wondering if facts or even anyone/thing else actually exists is a bit of a headf*cker! :D

-

Kyle: "What? This isn't history!"
Cartman: It's History Channel, Kyle..."

wilf789,

crawdad

floatin
i find it healthy to question other points of view (be it history channel or whatever) and even healthier to develop your own...and even question that. THINK! its the greatest journey on this planet.

crawdad,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I'm reading "Children of the matrix" by David Icke.

I recommend this book if you're interested in discovering the eldest history of our planet, and how humanity is born in chains. Maybe it is not the truth, but it is still damn interesting and accurate, with many facts.

Smokey,

fidget

Smokey said:
I'm reading "Children of the matrix" by David Icke.

I recommend this book if you're interested in discovering the eldest history of our planet, and how humanity is born in chains. Maybe it is not the truth, but it is still damn interesting and accurate, with many facts.
lol David Icke

icke_main.jpg

fidget,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I dunno Icke's reputation, I'm just reading this book and I find it really interesting and in-line with the topic subject. Everything else is just personal thinking I guess.

Smokey,

djonkoman

the only thing I know about icke is that he basically combined all existing illuminati and conspiracytheories and threw them in a blender with some shapeshifting aliens-incest, goes a little too far for me :lol:

that what my teacher said wasn't really in a context like this tough, it was our very first hstory lesson, 1st grade of highschool
it aplied to how often in newspaper articles history is portayed as fact, but still there are often discoveries that suddenly turn everything around
but that this os because it may be told as a fact but actually is a lot of guessing around a find
basically a bit as a disclaimer to his lessons, that we may ;earn it as facts but that it actually isn't that solid(and you shouldn't accept it as absolute truth)

I do like conspiracytheories, sometimes they're actually interesting and you think good idea, that could actually be true, and for all other cases it's usually good comedy
ancient aliens falls kind of in the 1st caregory for me altough they take it a bit far, but at the same time it lends itself great for making fun of like south park did, kind of double win

there certianly must be extraterrestials IMO, so in essence it's possible
altough I would imagine a bit more startrek-like galaxy, where the more advanced races able to travel between planets see us as too primitive to visit , ally with or invade, the agressive ones don't seeing much gain from conquering us and the friendly ones don't wanting to screw up our development(since of 2 civilisations meet often the less advanced is screwed, like when spaniards arrived in south america and a lot where wiped out by deseases they never encountered before)

djonkoman,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
If you're into this sort of thing it's worth checking out a book from the 70's by Robert Temple called the Sirius Mystery. It looks at the Dogon Tribe, a nomadic tribe from Mali, and their intricate knowledge of scientific things from a few thousand years ago that we have only discovered in the last 50 years like the double helix and red/white dwarfs. They claim their knowledge came from aliens!

J.R.R.Tokin',

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
If you're into this sort of thing - fine. All I'm asking it that people don't think of it as history.

Yes, as I was outlining above, you can argue quite well that there is no such thing as fact, or a 'true' and knowable past, which could technically leave the way open for anyone to say anything they want about the past - but proper history is still achievable via peer-review and strict empirical standards.

Conspiracy theorists/alien hunters aren't exactly known for their scholarly standards...

wilf789,

ktx49

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
If you're into this sort of thing it's worth checking out a book from the 70's by Robert Temple called the Sirius Mystery. It looks at the Dogon Tribe, a nomadic tribe from Mali, and their intricate knowledge of scientific things from a few thousand years ago that we have only discovered in the last 50 years like the double helix and red/white dwarfs. They claim their knowledge came from aliens!

Dogon? yawn. fakes

ktx49,

ktx49

what is this history channel you guys keep referring to??? i remember a few years back there used to be a "History Channel" and it was exactly that, a channel with a lot of high quality, informative programming geared towards history obviously but with a wide variety of subjects.

now a days there is only this fake channel with the same name but its programming lineup is 90% reality TV shows about fat blue-collared Americans.

ktx49,
Top Bottom