Choosing a Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefer

Hey, I'm looking to purchase a vape for my dorm. I'd like one that has minimal smell and smoke, but is still effective (portability is not necessary). I've looked at the Vaporblunt, the PAX and MLFB. They all look pretty nice, but I want to know what I'm buying before I shell out $200 or so. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: What do you think of the Vapir NO2? I've heard mixed things about it

Reefer,

HSIHP

I have both the MFLB and the Pax and I would say go for the Launch Box. I lived in the dorms before I vaped and now that I have both, I think the Launch Box is the best for discrete, quick sessions. Its really easy to take 4 or 5 good hits without it smelling that bad (depending of the quality of your herb). The Pax, in my opinion of what I would do in a dorm, might be too much for inside but perfect for taking a short walk around the building.

HSIHP,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think even the MFLB will smell if you vape enough MJ in one sitting, especially if your dorm room is completely closed with no windows.

So, to make a decision based on smell is not, IMO, very advisable. I think you have to adress several issues here.

1-What will be your standard session? How long and where?

I ask this because, like HSIHP said, the MFLB is great for a quick hit, as is the PAX IMO. The main difference between these two is, the PAX has temp control and a much bigger bowl.

But if you like to take your time, a Solo, INH, or DV would be a much better option.

2- How much importance do you give to keeping a low usage of MJ?

The MFLB and the Solo are the better option in this case because of the smaller bowls and good extraction, followed by the INH, then the DV and then the PAX.

3-Do you mind hanging around with extra aa batteries?

If that is the case, dont get the MFLB.

4- Are you flimsy with your hands, and tend to break things?

Then the Solo might not be a good choice, or you should get a wood stem from Edtnt.

Other questions could be asked.. My advice to you is to REALLY know what you want, in detail.

max

Out to lunch
^ Good post.
I'd like one that has minimal smell and smoke
It's all a matter of how you use it, as far as smell, and if you're using one correctly, there's no smoke, just vapor. The MFLB is a good choice for minimizing odor, as long as you keep it clean. It does take some practice, and you have to factor in battery age and charge, but it's good for small hits, which helps keep smell to a minimum.

ODS

i have the vapir N02 .... worked great in the hotel room in vegas....
personally it didn't work as well as i would have liked. not a large amount of vapor is produced. you don't seem to get many hits off each load and it is not the easiest to load nor is it a large load. my bong hits are 2x the size. for what its worth i recently ordered the Inhalator.

good luck in your search

ODS,

Reefer

Thanks for the input guys. I think the best vape for me would probably be the MFLB, it is very sneaky. If I get a smokebuddy as well I'm sure the odor wont be problem. Although, the vaporblunt does look very appealing.

http://www.thevaporblunt.com/

Plus, I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my high or of the vapor for the stealth of a smaller piece.

In response to vorrange, my standard session will be about 10 minutes in my dorm room and I smoke relatively small amounts (about .1-.25 or so) per sesh.

Reefer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thanks for the input guys. I think the best vape for me would probably be the MFLB, it is very sneaky. If I get a smokebuddy as well I'm sure the odor wont be problem. Although, the vaporblunt does look very appealing.

http://www.thevaporblunt.com/

Plus, I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my high or of the vapor for the stealth of a smaller piece.

In response to vorrange, my standard session will be about 10 minutes in my dorm room and I smoke relatively small amounts (about .1-.25 or so) per sesh.

Those are not small amounts.. at least for me. My usual session is half of that.

I don't own the VaporBlunt but from what i read, it is not your best option at all. And many people don't realize this, but it is quite big.

Although the MFLB is great, i think that the INH or the PAX would be a better match for your usual sesh. But the diference in the price could be an issue, my experience is that most people who are serious about vaporizing use the MFLB outside but have a more powerfull vaporizer for the longer sessions. Or they get a power adapter for the MFLB.

I love my MFLB, and it still has its place. I just don't think it will substitute a smokers habit easily. It can, but it will take more effort on your part to not combust and just vape.

About the smell, my room always smells right after vaporizing but unlike smoke, the smell doesnt cling and stays for a long time, instead all i have to do is open the door a little bit and it will dissipate quickly. If you want you can burn some incense or essential oils, to ensure there is no way people will notice even if they walk in in the middle of the session. Don't choose a vaporizer based on smell, because they all smell.

vorrange,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Don't choose a vaporizer based on smell, because they all smell.

They don't smell equally though. The Pax gives off a lot more odour in use than the MFLB because it continues to heat the load while you're not hitting it. The smell while the LB is in use will depend almost entirely on how much you exhale. The Pax will be giving off odour the whole time it is on and you still have to worry about how much you exhale.

If your stash is well dried, the LB won't acquire much permanent odour at all. The Pax doesn't acquire much permanent odour either if you keep it well cleaned, and keeping it clean is essential to the Pax.

I don't own and have never used the INH004 but I suspect that it is similar to the Pax in that it heats the load while not being hit.

pakalolo,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
They don't smell equally though. The Pax gives off a lot more odour in use than the MFLB because it continues to heat the load while you're not hitting it. The smell while the LB is in use will depend almost entirely on how much you exhale. The Pax will be giving off odour the whole time it is on and you still have to worry about how much you exhale.

If your stash is well dried, the LB won't acquire much permanent odour at all. The Pax doesn't acquire much permanent odour either if you keep it well cleaned, and keeping it clean is essential to the Pax.

I don't own and have never used the INH004 but I suspect that it is similar to the Pax in that it heats the load while not being hit.

I agree, they don't smell equally but it is my opinion that it would be a frustrating mission to choose a vape who does not smell. And it could steer you away from more appropriate options for the needs in question.

I also believe that conduction mainly operating vaporizers like the PAX will more often than not have the smell problem because it is the contact between the bowl and the herb that vaporizes it.. in a device like the INH it is the hot air that vaporizes it and not so much the contact with the bowl.

I would never have the mflb alone if that is the only vaporizer i got, at least i would get the PA and i think i would still want a convection based vaporizer. This is what i learned about me and my preferences, i am sure there are others who would be satisfied with just that. Not my advice though.

vorrange,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
I would consider an Underdog log vape for a few reasons. Ever since I got one I thought "where were these things when I was in college!" It can discreetly sit in the open on your desk and be ready to go 24/7 with no smell at all when not in use (put your herb and stems in a bag or container). Smell during use with these comes down to one thing, how much vapor you exhale. The UD is a heavy hitter and can surely generate big stinky clouds, but it does not have to. No vaporizer has to.
With whatever you choose, if smell is the priority, take several small hits that you can fully absorb rather than blowing big clouds.

edit: Forgot to mention. The other reason for a log vape is their efficiency. I was a poor college student. These things make a little go a long way. It will amaze you how little it takes to get the job done.

edit 2: Comes with a cup to put on top to diffuse aromatherapy oils. end session, put cup on, smells are masked.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I would consider an Underdog log vape for a few reasons. Ever since I got one I thought "where were these things when I was in college!" It can discreetly sit in the open on your desk and be ready to go 24/7 with no smell at all when not in use (put your herb and stems in a bag or container). Smell during use with these comes down to one thing, how much vapor you exhale. The UD is a heavy hitter and can surely generate big stinky clouds, but it does not have to. No vaporizer has to.
With whatever you choose, if smell is the priority, take several small hits that you can fully absorb rather than blowing big clouds.

edit: Forgot to mention. The other reason for a log vape is their efficiency. I was a poor college student. These things make a little go a long way. It will amaze you how little it takes to get the job done.

edit 2: Comes with a cup to put on top to diffuse aromatherapy oils. end session, put cup on, smells are masked.

If you can pull the "aromatherapy" excuse, i think this is a great idea. Just make sure you buy some nice essential oils.

I don't have an UD but i have an Wychwood which from what i heard is pretty similar, and it is all i use at home right now. Good flavour, easy to pair with a bong, great efficency too.

vorrange,

Reefer

Thank you again vorrange. (pakalolo and happyTrails too) I realized I have been a little generous by saying I smoke a quarter gram per sesh. It takes me 10-20 session to go through a gram as of late. This being said, would I have to fill the entire bowl of a log vape to get its full effect? Either way, I'm not crazy about the hose and its 'stationary-ness'. I've been leaning towards the Solo and INH.

The incense is a decent idea by the way. I can't really see myself using a smokebuddy.

Reefer,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Thank you again vorrange. (pakalolo and happyTrails too) I realized I have been a little generous by saying I smoke a quarter gram per sesh. It takes me 10-20 session to go through a gram as of late. This being said, would I have to fill the entire bowl of a log vape to get its full effect? Either way, I'm not crazy about the hose and its 'stationary-ness'. I've been leaning towards the Solo and INH.

The incense is a decent idea by the way. I can't really see myself using a smokebuddy.

I think either one will serve you very good. I just received my Solo and i am enjoying it very much indeed, but it seems the INH as a stealth factor that is more appealing than the Solo, and is perhaps more well rounded. But some other FC members might be of more help than me. :D

About the log, the entire bowl is dependable on how big the bowl, there are minor differences between some tubes for the different brands that exist. (UD/HI/WW just to cite some of the most known brands) I think that it is a great investment and you will be more than satisfied with an entire bowl of a log vape, it just isn't portable.

vorrange,

Reefer

Ok awesome. It's a bog toss-up between the two. At this point, I've decided on the Inhalater pretty much for its aesthetic appeal. Thanks guys.

And it charges with a USB. lol.

Reefer,
Reactions: CentiZen

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Ok awesome. It's a bog toss-up between the two. At this point, I've decided on the Inhalater pretty much for its aesthetic appeal. Thanks guys.

And it charges with a USB. lol.

You are lucky since on top of aesthetics, it is a great unit. ;)

vorrange,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom