cheech Glass Honeycombs

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok let me rephrase. The stacking sucks! I thought that a honeycomb piece would stack better. But it just chugs. I've played with every water level possible and I'm just not impressed.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Wait chugs like restricted draw? I put the water level like right in the middle of the honeycomb. I don't even know the best spot to fill this, but with the water halfway through the honeycomb I was just telling someone else that it had effortless draw lol.

Perhaps they are different? Try the new one before you sell it IMO!

darkrom,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
No not restrictive at all! But chugs like a single stem diffy. It's ok I guess I was just expecting some good stack age and it doesn't do that at all.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I fear my limited knowledge of high end glass has me simply saying its a pleasure with the cloud. I can't really agree or disagree, because I haven't hit a piece with better or worse stackage lol.

darkrom,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
On disc percs, if they place the disc too high, it cause the natural perc effect... which cause that big rumble chug, you're probably talking about.

The water makes a sharp bend at the stemless and instead of "flattening out" to an even level, the flow turns upwards and is pulled up thru the perc at a sharp angle. Causes back pressure, restriction... drag.

Though, hold off on your decision to sell the next one. Quality Control might let a decent one slip thru now and then.

BigDaddyVapor,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Exactly that BDV! The disk is to high. I've got some tiny glass beads. If I line the bottom with those will it change it do u think? I'm not expecting DG type diffusion but was hoping for better than a fucking gas station bong diffusion.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Doubtful. But, its worth a try... By decreasing the space and turbulence under the water, might help.

I think its more related to the angle of the bend, however.

A well-made disc will typically sit almost on top of the opening for the stemless. Maximum stackage, easiest draw.

BigDaddyVapor,

z9

Damn that disc does look like its rather high in the tube. Best of luck with that bong, looks like a thirsty one.

I agree, you need something to take the place of all that water that bong needs. Glass beads, marbles, or even glass aquarium rocks will do. I've used all of the above as diffuser beads before. It appears to be a 19mm from the pictures so it should be easy to get something into the tube.

z9,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah I'm gonna try that in a bit.

Well.... It still sucks with the beads. I wish I could have the bottom of the tube cut off (since it shipped with a broken base anyhow) and have an inline with 4 slits welded in underneath the disc. Then a new base welded on. This would make the piece into a stack-machine I believe.

mod note: Please use 'edit' to avoid back to back posts. 2 posts merged.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BigDaddyVapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm still really enjoying mine. I'd suggest you try the new one before selling it one last time. Maybe the quality on this first one was an issue?

Much much more flavor preserved than other glass pieces, including all the hydratubes I've tried.

darkrom,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I just emailed Sam at GBD and he emailed me back like 10 minutes later. He asked me to send him a rendering of what I wanted. So I did a quick mspaint mockup and we are going from there. I want a mini travel piece with a removeable mouthpiece, but with a frit disc. Think the pipesdaddy infamous but without a downstem and a fritted disc in the bottom instead. I'm anxiously awaiting his response. As for my cheech, the new one will be here tomorrow and I will give it a try but based on my previous experience I'm not very optimistic.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Top Bottom