Cheap High Quality Bubbler

howie105

Maybe because the Netherlands has only a few specialized bong webshops... bong smoking has never gotten mainstream among weed enthusiasts over here.... Dutch weed smokers just can't seem to stop rolling their tobacco-weed mix joints.

SG18 and SG14 indeed refer to 18 and 14 mm female joints.
I don't know if this would be of use but taking a look into lab glass is an option. There are lots of 14 mm (14/20 nomenclature) and 18 mm (19/22) pieces made of borosilicate glass. I have found bargain glass tubing, adapters and various flasks. As a mater of fact, I am using a 50 ml (~2") globe at the moment. (puff)

Radwin Bodnic

Most bubblers have SG14 grind, weirdly enough.
I don't know how much your ready to spend but this in an option :
Narrow from jelly joker

I sold mine recently because I admitted water filtration is just overkill for my usage. But it was pretty functional and convenient. You can remove the branding by soaking in white vinegar over a night.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
So I received the big straight fab FOL from DHGate yesterday.

It’s really big… 😅

So far I tried it with the TM on the Tinymight.t_bowl (we need an abbreviation for that thing!) and a DV Helix Cap. While it’s ok with the TM it seems too big for a DV (could also be that I just not yet dialed in my technique).

What devices do you use on that big piece?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Flowerpot B1

Yes it can work with TM and Tetra but it is much better with heavy hitting ballers in my experience as well (Atlas)

Thank you both. Ok, time to get a ball vape then… I’m eyeballing the Zenleaf system for quite some time now anyway. But then there’s also the Screwball… 😅

the CaliBear version is quite a bit smaller actually

Thanks, a little bit expensive for me though. Maybe I’ll find a smaller version on DHGate as I actually like the looks and performance pretty much.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I have been eyeing their 14mm version (nothing a 14 to 18mm dropdown cannot fix) as the can void above the perc is a tab big on the 18mm version for my liking, the 14mm is also long but at least narrower for easy clearing.

Thank you, that one's on my wish list for a long time already. I was just hoping they will release an 18mm version but that doesn't seem to happen. I would be very interested to hear about your experience with it.

Ariwe

TedJones

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you both. Ok, time to get a ball vape then… I’m eyeballing the Zenleaf system for quite some time now anyway. But then there’s also the Screwball…

Vapvana would definitely be the way to go for a complete bundle for a reasonable price... personally I would never get anything from CH at this point (I'm an advocate for cloud connoisseur of course but there are a lot of options for budget friendly ballers especially with alternative heating methods)

Thanks, a little bit expensive for me though. Maybe I’ll find a smaller version on DHGate as I actually like the looks and performance pretty much.

I was not suggesting you grab that one, just stating it as an example, since the one from Steven is basically a clone of it originally...

Gili version is also way too large with worse perc, but JC glassshop honeycomb version has a size in between CaliBear and SamL it seems...

I have been eyeing their 14mm version (nothing a 14 to 18mm dropdown cannot fix) as the can void above the perc is a tab big on the 18mm version for my liking, the 14mm is also long but at least narrower for easy clearing.
Thank you, that one's on my wish list for a long time already. I was just hoping they will release an 18mm version but that doesn't seem to happen. I would be very interested to hear about your experience with it.

Otherwise yeah I would have suggested that one, but I know you already knew about it, I thought you were just waiting for the 18 version to go in stock because you wanted the larger one? They are never going to make an 18 of the smaller version unless we specifically request it... But remember there's no reason to care, don't you have the drop down to go 18-14 now anyway??

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
@Shit Snacks: As always, thanks a lot for your detailled reply.

Vapvana would definitely be the way to go for a complete bundle for a reasonable price... personally I would never get anything from CH at this point (I'm an advocate for cloud connoisseur of course but there are a lot of options for budget friendly ballers especially with alternative heating methods)

I would love to hear more details and your personal opinion on this, especially why you wouldn't get anything from CH. But that's not the topic in this thread, so maybe I'd drop you a quick PM when I'm planning to buy a ball vape - you might have a tip.

JC glassshop honeycomb version has a size in between CaliBear and SamL it seems...

JC unfortunately doesn't ship to Switzerland...

Otherwise yeah I would have suggested that one, but I know you already knew about it, I thought you were just waiting for the 18 version to go in stock because you wanted the larger one?

I didn't necessarily want the larger one, I just wanted an 18mm version. But don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the piece - I just need the right vape to go with it (and that's usually not a problem thanks to VAS...:lol:).

They are never going to make an 18 of the smaller version unless we specifically request it... But remember there's no reason to care, don't you have the drop down to go 18-14 now anyway??

Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification. And yes, I have a drop down. I just had the impression that going from 18mm to 14mm wasn't quite ideal because of the airflow. So I always try to find 18mm versions. But maybe that's not so important?

Shit Snacks

just had the impression that going from 18mm to 14mm wasn't quite ideal because of the airflow. So I always try to find 18mm versions. But maybe that's not so important

Yeah, not important at all, if you refuse to buy 14 mm rigs, you are only limiting yourself since there are many designs that are just not available as 18 and would not work as well that way... 14 is a more prevalent connection despite not having as wide open air flow that's not necessarily necessary anyway? Most vapes work well with it and smaller volume and a little restriction helps that milk up quicker to regulate your draw too, I use my 18-14 dropdown adapters a lot, I think that's why I brought them up in the first place, talking about that 14 mm smaller straight fab and how it could easily be used with 18 still (although it has less of a fab as well)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Yeah, not important at all, if you refuse to buy 14 mm rigs, you are only limiting yourself since there are many designs that are just not available as 18 and would not work as well that way... 14 is a more prevalent connection despite not having as wide open air flow that's not necessarily necessary anyway? Most vapes work well with it and smaller volume and a little restriction helps that milk up quicker to regulate your draw too, I use my 18-14 dropdown adapters a lot, I think that's why I brought them up in the first place, talking about that 14 mm smaller straight fab and how it could easily be used with 18 still (although it has less of a fab as well)

Well, that opens up a whole new world for me! :rofl: Thank you very much - as you can see, I still have a thing or two to learn... :razz:

And yes, if I remember correctly, you're absolutely right, the topic regarding drop downs actually came up because of the smaller straight fab.

It's crazy: I bought the big 18mm straight fab thinking it would be perfect with the TM2, but it's not and now that leads me to the ball vapes I need for the big straight fab, subsequently I read about the Terpcicle and the Quarts Cap (oh yes, I need that!), this week I'll get my first Runt, a TA3 is ordered - and now you are telling me that I don't have to be limited by 14mm? :whoa:

Thanks a lot @Shit Snacks, extremely helpful, really appreciate it!

Man, what a hobby - love it! :love:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
now you are telling me that I don't have to be limited by 14mm?
I was in the 18mm only boat myself but there were just so many 14mm rigs that I wanted that I caved and just add a 14mm to 18mm dropdown to each 14mm rig I get. Still, I'm not too fond of any restriction when using a bong though, and the reason I dislike fritted percs and the like.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I usually prefer clear glass but I do use cranberry extract so I went for the pink as it will be camouflaged!
89937e04-1e31-4343-926f-60441c8df600.jpg

Just wanted to say the glass is very thin on this piece, I knocked it over while empty on my silicone covered wooden bench top and the mouthpiece parted ways with the body (the glass was paper thin at the join)...I will not be buying another (as I have others that I have broken) as I am clumsy and it is too fragile for butterfingers...it did function pretty well though.

Shit Snacks

Just wanted to say the glass is very thin on this piece, I knocked it over while empty on my silicone covered wooden bench top and the mouthpiece parted ways with the body (the glass was paper thin at the join)...I will not be buying another (as I have others that I have broken) as I am clumsy and it is too fragile for butterfingers...it did function pretty well though.

Yeah sorry to hear, understand why you wouldn't want to replace, it is cheap and thin for sure, the function is nice though yes (I wonder if you could source from a different manufacturer if it might be better or maybe blue better than pink but who knows)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yo Les! Bummer!

Have you tried using one of these yet or something similar?:
They included one free with a bunch of other stuff when I purchased the Baio.Tlmnop RBR clone a couple of months ago and I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how well it works! It's practically like super glue and requires either great effort or technique to remove and is pretty much impossible to knock over...:tup:

Something maybe worth looking into...?

:peace:

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It's practically like super glue and requires either great effort or technique to remove and is pretty much impossible to knock over...:tup:
I have similar to hold my garage remote to my car dash, great stuff, probably tear the mouthpiece off that particular bong when trying to remove it from that sticky mat!
I usually strap my bongs down, this was just sat on the bench top to get to another rig behind it and ol butterfingers missed the grab when going to put it back under the bench...I really need to make some shelving or get something to store them all in.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I have similar to hold my garage remote to my car dash, great stuff, probably tear the mouthpiece off that particular bong when trying to remove it from that sticky mat!
I usually strap my bongs down, this was just sat on the bench top to get to another rig behind it and ol butterfingers missed the grab when going to put it back under the bench...I really need to make some shelving or get something to store them all in.
Ha, well, yeah, if you try to do it like that... but using the proper technique makes it relatively easy to remove stuff w/o issue.

Oh, I remember the leather (or rubber?) straps.... :whip:not suggesting so much that you change your current routine, but they may be something worth adding say, for when you have a couple of rigs out and about for whatever the reasons. I don't use mine all the time, only when I think it may be wise....

Last edited:
Top Bottom