Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Baron23

While you look like a funny and passionate guy (and as a huge Futurama fan I feel an instinctive connection to anyone with your avatar) I find this kind of answer quite unpleasant. I asked a question and you did nothing except stating your preferences and labeling a different opinion as "uncivilized", an attitude I have seen before in your posts and that I find pretty rude.
I also hope that someone less biased can chime in.
Sorry for the rant.
@ataxian really needs no defense on this board where he has many long time friends who understand his medical condition and his wry humor and different perspective on things.

I'm not saying you have to love him like we do, but I do think that if you observe his postings over a period of time you will find that he has no intentional rudeness or meanness in him.

Just a thought

P.S. - you might want to Google the word ataxia, it might help illuminate the situation a bit for you.

stonedbob

100% THC
@ataxian really needs no defense on this board where he has many long time friends who understand his medical condition and his wry humor and different perspective on things.

I'm not saying you have to love him like we do, but I do think that if you observe his postings over a period of time you will find that he has no intentional rudeness or meanness in him.

Just a thought

P.S. - you might want to Google the word ataxia, it might help illuminate the situation a bit for you.
people like him ^ make fuckcombustion what it is. thank you.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Just a thought

@Baron23 you get it!

I'm just having fun!

My sister lived in ITALY for 20 years and speaks 5 languages other than ENGLISH.

She was a translator of english.

I speak FRENCH and SPANISH plus I write both of them and read as well.

Sorry to hurt anyones feeling.

I think it comes from a lack of understanding?

Beta vs ALPHA?

CIVILIZED and UNCIVILIZED?

Having pounds of CANNABIS or GRAMS?

As @Baron23 say's: Look up ATAXIA (SCA)

I love CANNABIS and it's my medicine!
Water path I love. (small-mouth-piece's)
BonG's have too big of mouthpiece for me.
If I could I like JOINTS better than BONG'S.
We don't have to be PC about it?

SJW I'm not!

Can you link me to that mouthpiece please? Thank you
www.oregonglassblowers.com for mouthpieces.

I think it might be a old whip end?
I use teflon tape (plumbers tape to make a seal)
OGB is my mouthpiece source these days.

sunshine store has SHERLOCK I love.
Too bad they don't convert glass pipes to ash catchers.
Why ship attached mouthpieces? (weird)

Last edited by a moderator:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
http://m.dhgate.com/product/mini-mo.../373053121.html#mvdpd-1-9|null:01:r1750809445

PBOhUg.jpg

Also came with this little 18mm female banger and 18mm m2m.
MpRBju.jpg

Pretty sweet for <$25

Baron23

HI guys - regarding the Paramount Glass piece that I recently bought and posted about, I went to use it for the first time last night (yeah, its been here a week and I'm just getting around to it) and saw that it had a crack within the glass right at the mouthpiece. I wrote to Paramount today and we will see what we get as a response. Not cracked during shipping, I feel certain and certainly not from handling has it hasn't been. The crack is well within the glass and looks like a flaw made during manufacturer (cool down crack maybe?). Rather disappointing but I'm glad its not a very expensive investment.

This is the piece in question:
Attachment-2_2.jpeg

Here is the crack...look at bottom of mouthpiece
Cracked%20Mouthpiece.jpg

By the by, I did put my GH on it last night and I'm not crazy about the function....LOT of draw resistance and too much diffusion for me, but for others this might be wonderful as we each have our own likes/dislikes.

Cheers

brainiac

log wrangler
@Baron23 I hope Paramount either replace the piece or give you a refund. Be interesting to see how it works out. I use this bubbler every day and find the draw resistance and diffusion to be moderate - well within my acceptable range - perhaps because I use a slow draw which eases both those issues.

I bought a cyclone perc a few months ago - watched the function video and just had to have one - now that's a tough draw. It only comes out occasionally now.

One thing I particularly like about this tree perc is that there's no backwash (not sure what you call it) so your abv doesn't get blown out if you remove the vaporiser before you stop drawing. I love this piece - if I broke it I'd order another the same day but you're quite right:
we each have our own likes/dislikes.

:leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf::peace::leaf:

Baron23

@Baron23 I hope Paramount either replace the piece or give you a refund. Be interesting to see how it works out. I use this bubbler every day and find the draw resistance and diffusion to be moderate - well within my acceptable range - perhaps because I use a slow draw which eases both those issues.

I bought a cyclone perc a few months ago - watched the function video and just had to have one - now that's a tough draw. It only comes out occasionally now.

One thing I particularly like about this tree perc is that there's no backwash (not sure what you call it) so your abv doesn't get blown out if you remove the vaporiser before you stop drawing. I love this piece - if I broke it I'd order another the same day but you're quite right:

HI @brainiac - was out waterfowl hunting today but sitting out there I considered my last post and decided that I didn't have enough experience with this glass to criticize its function. I only used it with a Grasshopper one time and I probably had too much water in it to boot.

Let's see what Paramount comes back with and then we will know the quality of that store.

Thanks for the reply and I hope you and yours have a wonderful and joyous holiday.

Baron23

Mods - I can no longer edit my last post, please combine
===========
Hi @brainiac - well, this is how it went:

Me:
HI Paramountglass - I'm so sorry but I finally went to use my new bubbler last night for the first time (order 334771912) and noticed a small crack in the mouthpiece. You need to look at it in the right light to see it and it was not obvious on first examination.

Please see the attached picture. Look at the bottom of the mouthpiece and you will see the crack within the glass.

Again, the item was never used until last night and the crack is within the glass in the mouthpiece area. Please see attached photos and advise what you can/willing to do to correct this.

Thank you.

Paramount:

Hello Stephen
Thank you for your message.
We see the crack in the mouthpiece area.
According to the rules, if the product has any problem, you need to send us pictures within 3-5 days.
You know that it has past more than 10 days after you receive the product.
But we would like give you $10 discount coupon as a compensation to show our sincerity.
Is that OK?
Awaiting your early reply.
Best regards!
paramountglass

Me....politely but..more or less..."keep the $10"

So, look....they have a point. Not sure how long it was in my possession before I saw the crack, but it certainly was a while and glass products are subject to damage in owners hands and you can't expect sellers to be responsible for that.

However, I'm very disappointed in that this is my first (maybe my last) DHGate Chinese glass purchase and I know this crack is well within the glass...that is, it was in there from its creation.

Oh well, live and learn.

Cheers

brainiac

log wrangler
@Baron23 - Hi Stephen

Yeah they do have a point but it's still appalling customer service. It puts a total downer on Paramount specifically and on DHGate in general. Check any future piece (if there ever is one!) as soon as you get it and dont release the payment until you're certain that it's in perfect condition. Also, don't mention on here or elsewhere that you've used the piece - they can refuse replacement on those grounds alone.

Personally, I'd say don't let it put you off - this stuff is so cheap even I can afford it whereas the European or USA glass is way outa my reach.

And what a time of year for it to happen:(. But I hope that you can put it behind you and get on with the business of having a seriously good time over the festive holiday. My very best seasonal wishes to you and your family - I'm guessing it's duck tomorrow?

Also, here's hoping that all this thread's posters are:
a. going to have a brilliant holiday, and
b. going to find plenty time for chasing the clouds.

Peace to you all.

Baron23

@Baron23 - Hi Stephen

Yeah they do have a point but it's still appalling customer service. It puts a total downer on Paramount specifically and on DHGate in general. Check any future piece (if there ever is one!) as soon as you get it and dont release the payment until you're certain that it's in perfect condition. Also, don't mention on here or elsewhere that you've used the piece - they can refuse replacement on those grounds alone.

Personally, I'd say don't let it put you off - this stuff is so cheap even I can afford it whereas the European or USA glass is way outa my reach.

And what a time of year for it to happen:(. But I hope that you can put it behind you and get on with the business of having a seriously good time over the festive holiday. My very best seasonal wishes to you and your family - I'm guessing it's duck tomorrow?

Also, here's hoping that all this thread's posters are:
a. going to have a brilliant holiday, and
b. going to find plenty time for chasing the clouds.

Peace to you all.

Thanks, mate! All right back at you and yours and really, this piece of glass is the least of my worries and certainly will not tarnish my holiday.

Cheers

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Mods - I can no longer edit my last post, please combine
===========
Hi @brainiac - well, this is how it went:

Me:
HI Paramountglass - I'm so sorry but I finally went to use my new bubbler last night for the first time (order 334771912) and noticed a small crack in the mouthpiece. You need to look at it in the right light to see it and it was not obvious on first examination.

Please see the attached picture. Look at the bottom of the mouthpiece and you will see the crack within the glass.

Again, the item was never used until last night and the crack is within the glass in the mouthpiece area. Please see attached photos and advise what you can/willing to do to correct this.

Thank you.

Paramount:

Hello Stephen
Thank you for your message.
We see the crack in the mouthpiece area.
According to the rules, if the product has any problem, you need to send us pictures within 3-5 days.
You know that it has past more than 10 days after you receive the product.
But we would like give you $10 discount coupon as a compensation to show our sincerity.
Is that OK?
Awaiting your early reply.
Best regards!
paramountglass

Me....politely but..more or less..."keep the $10"

So, look....they have a point. Not sure how long it was in my possession before I saw the crack, but it certainly was a while and glass products are subject to damage in owners hands and you can't expect sellers to be responsible for that.

However, I'm very disappointed in that this is my first (maybe my last) DHGate Chinese glass purchase and I know this crack is well within the glass...that is, it was in there from its creation.

Oh well, live and learn.

Cheers
@Baron23 I have had about 40 pieces from www.dhgate.com
Some I had made not far from my house.

Like I said before; "mouthpieces attached to a water pipe are really claim no matter where it's made!".

Using your own mouthpiece is CIVILIZED.

Back to your situation.
sunshine, steven FC, GB, even Kathy 57 have all been ok?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

TIME for: EVO + CANNABIS + HYDROTUBE at 1:30 = CIVILIZED

NOTE: "my own mouthpiece"!
oe73nwv.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

@Baron23 I have had about 40 pieces from www.dhgate.com
Some I had made not far from my house.

Like I said before; "mouthpieces attached to a water pipe are really claim no matter where it's made!".

Using your own mouthpiece is CIVILIZED.

Back to your situation.
sunshine, steven FC, GB, even Kathy 57 have all been ok?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

TIME for: EVO + CANNABIS + HYDROTUBE at 1:30 = CIVILIZED

NOTE: "my own mouthpiece"!
oe73nwv.jpg
Thanks, friend. Yep, I'm aware of Sunshine and Steve LMZ and their good reputation.

What the heck, I took a flyer on a piece I liked and got burned for $42. I've pissed away more money with less hope of success in the past so its really ok. Just won't buy from Paramount again, is all.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I got the Thermal P knockoff from goodsstore today! This thing is biiiiig and pretty well crafted! I wish I had a real Thermal P to compare it to, but it seems to function pretty well. No obvious flaws from what I can tell.

Who else ITT copped one of these?

Me, I needed some 10mm nails to try with all of my recent minis so I grabbed one. The Liger does have a 10mm adapter and Some of these 10mm are fine with a big ole enail and drop but others are just better with a banger due to their size. But I grabbed the Dudu one instead of the goodstore although I think they are all coming from the same factory! :lol:

It was only $16.69 at the time with the bubble carb cap so we shall see. I will use it on some of these 10mm beauties! 10mm Mafia!

http://www.dhgate.com/product/a-set-of-glass-bubbler-carb-cap-and-quartz/394587744.html

CjzDB4b.jpg

QfuGi0L.jpg

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: ataxian

galacticdad

Me, I needed some 10mm nails to try with all of my recent minis so I grabbed one. The Liger does have a 10mm adapter and Some of these 10mm are fine with a big ole enail and drop but others are just better with a banger due to their size. But I grabbed the Dudu one instead of the goodstore although I think they are all coming from the same factory! :lol:

It was only $16.69 at the time with the bubble carb cap so we shall see. I will use it on some of these 10mm beauties! 10mm Mafia!

http://www.dhgate.com/product/a-set-of-glass-bubbler-carb-cap-and-quartz/394587744.html

CjzDB4b.jpg

QfuGi0L.jpg

Hell yeah! I want to order another with a ground joint since the clear one wobbles hard after it's been used even once, though. Makes q-tipping a serious challenge. I love the function though!

galacticdad,
Reactions: ataxian

2000pm

I got the Thermal P knockoff from goodsstore today! This thing is biiiiig and pretty well crafted! I wish I had a real Thermal P to compare it to, but it seems to function pretty well. No obvious flaws from what I can tell.

Who else ITT copped one of these?

I did as well. Coming from the old cfab I've been using for years, agreed this thing is massive in comparison! The proportions look funny on my traveler but I'm sure I'll get used to it real quick.

I am not used to the heat time + retention so I have to learn all over again on this one. Pretty impressed with it for the price, seems like a quality piece.

2000pm,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
This is the piece in question:
Attachment-2_2.jpeg

By the by, I did put my GH on it last night and I'm not crazy about the function....LOT of draw resistance and too much diffusion for me, but for others this might be wonderful as we each have our own likes/dislikes.

Cheers

I liked a lot the shape of that one ^ too but I was afraid of draw restriction as well.

Received few days ago this one v that has similar dimensions:

7-4in-hollow-out-glass-bong-4mm-thickness.jpg

draw is very open and it feels solid and well made (mine has no visible flaws (bubbles or crack)

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-feb-newest-glass-bong-9-quot-inches/247499767.html

I saw it here first time, some dozen pages back (do not remember who suggested it, though) and I am glad I followed the suggestion

galacticdad

I did as well. Coming from the old cfab I've been using for years, agreed this thing is massive in comparison! The proportions look funny on my traveler but I'm sure I'll get used to it real quick.

I am not used to the heat time + retention so I have to learn all over again on this one. Pretty impressed with it for the price, seems like a quality piece.

Yeah, it's definitely taken some getting used to. I've let it cool down to about the same feeling temperature as my 3mm banger and it didn't seem to retain as much heat as I thought. Granted, my old banger has been seasoned but they feel about the same temperature to me and I don't get as much smoke? I've been q-tipping it, so I torch it for a while since I can't see it even faintly glow orange. I get a better hit when it's hotter than I feel I'd like. Also, the clear joint was killing me when it would swing around while I tried q-tipping it. Last time getting any DHGate clear joint for me. Nothing really matters now though, since I broke the bubble cap tonight :bang::huh::wave:

I think I might just find the best wide dish 3mm banger vendor as well as a decent Toro Grail knockoff. That vendor topglass has a lot of nice bangers:

galacticdad,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

brainiac

log wrangler
@Baron23 - Hi Stephen, I've just had a thought.
HI guys - regarding the Paramount Glass piece that I recently bought and posted about, I went to use it for the first time last night (yeah, its been here a week and I'm just getting around to it) and saw that it had a crack within the glass right at the mouthpiece.
Perhaps you've already used it for target practice but perhaps it's worth suggesting that rather than just binning the piece you could take a leaf out of @ataxian 's book and fit it with a seperate mouthpiece. I'd fully understand if you just wanted to put the whole issue behind you but, hey - this could be the CIVILIZED option! Hope your holiday is going well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone's holiday is going well. My responsibilities as a host have been particularly burdensome this festive season so I'm scouring China to reward myself with a new acquisition. I'll keep you posted :)

Have a :rockon:New Year.

Top Bottom