Cheap High Quality Bubbler

TrippyVic

Had a great CS experience with this seller: http://www.dhgate.com/store/19983403#st-navigation-storehome
I'm posting it because compared to the usual sellers I buy from: kathy, steve- I had an unusual experience. The bubbler arrived within 2 weeks. It had a broken stem and with no problems he sent a replacement. The replacement is great and with some of the other sellers I'd still be waiting.

That was the first seller I purchased from- not only did he quickly respond to all of my
That was the first seller I purchased from when I had the nerve to order from that site. Not only did he quickly respond to every message I sent but also took the time and effort to make sure I was happy with it. Richly recommend that one, fast to ship and quick to respond to questions, seems to really care about making customers happy. Just my opinion-peace out.

Last edited by a moderator:
TrippyVic,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Justpassedu

Hey guys got the new HT from SSS this morning, here are few pictures:

UoUnyJP.jpg

P0uoYD2.jpg

It's a bit smaller then I expected- looks like the mini of the original, but the dimensions still match up.

It seals on the Evo just fine, it is slightly loose but only enough to avoid joint lock, which happens with my hydrabomb .

The welds in the perc are great for the price , I was particular worried about the inline as the one pictured on SSS looked quite wonky, but this one is much better looking.

It does need a Hydrafoot, it isn't that stable without one you could risk it but one nudge and it will tip over.

The mouthpiece is the perfect size for me which is another plus, not just a big gaping hole with nothing to rest the lips on.

It's a really nice change up, for the price you really can't go wrong.

I know chinese pieces get a lil hate round here-but for folks who live outside of the States we can't get the Limited edition pieces shipped so this is the best option. Obviously its not the original more like a mini of a way lesser standard- but it's still nice to use something affordable and somewhat resembles the form factor of its superior original .

Edit: If you fill the HT up sideways water will end up in the overflow chamber, fill it standing straight. The way the recycler is shaped I guess .

Vid : https://vid.me/I1u3

(Was gonna say some other shit at the end, phone rat out of batt ):

You got that quick. Look's nice to me. I should have mine this week. Ty

Mangos

Anybody order this version of it ? Either way thanks for posting it, looks pretty good.

After a few more sessions with the SSS HT I have found it to be a little bit restrictive- but that's compared to my Hydrabomb which has been my daily piece.

It doesn't take much effort to get the bubbles to stack its just a bit of an effort to clear the chamber, I'm guessing because of the fact the the honeycomb's are soo close together- there is space but not much.
I wonder if that would not be an issue in Yingman's HT , in is pictures they look more evenly spaced out .

I still really enjoy using this piece , nice to have a change . It's great for high temp hits, nice amount of diffusion. It doesn't require much water so the taste comes through a bit more, but would be better if the perc was more like the original and not just Honeycomb's. But keep reminding myself for the price its a great functioning piece.

Justpassedu

Last edited:

jrcmang

So I decided to give clean clear glass a shot. Picked up this piece and received it today.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/ccg-2016-new-arrival-glass-water-pipes-glass/378838356.html

Had a few shipping issues but they still got it to me pretty quick. Everything is great about this piece except for the way it hits. There is some strong draw resistance on the first pull. Never experienced anything like this with any other rig or bubbler. Also there are a few scratches on the perc but they are very minor. I really want to like this piece because its thick, sturdy, and looks awesome but the draw resistance is such a turn off that I don't want to use it.

I totally understand dhgate glass can be hit or miss but damn it sucks that this doesn't perform well.

Edit...I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or just how the jet percolator hits. Anyone have a jet perc and do you experience significant draw resistance before it gets bubbling? All my previous bubblers have been sidecar rigs with 4 hole slit percs. Very simple percolation. Not sure how to describe it any better....I've just never experienced this before.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Do you think the dimensions are correct on the Hydrabomb clone? To me it looks like it might be a little too short. :(
yeah I just got mine today and that looks short, which worries me because on the legit one you have basically just enough room for it to stack and not go into the moutpiece, like there really isn't much room for more water. Hopefully it works.. Would love a backup and idk about the triple honeycomb one.. Anyone have it and have any problems? Or has it been good?

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
yeah I just got mine today and that looks short, which worries me because on the legit one you have basically just enough room for it to stack and not go into the moutpiece, like there really isn't much room for more water. Hopefully it works.. Would love a backup and idk about the triple honeycomb one.. Anyone have it and have any problems? Or has it been good?
DG7hRHr.jpg

I got mine today and just messing around.
NANO today {D022; FC UFO; FC 186; Black leaf?} better than hydro-tube
EVO tonight

Oogendoogan

DG7hRHr.jpg

I got mine today and just messing around.
NANO today {D022; FC UFO; FC 186; Black leaf?} better than hydro-tube
EVO tonight
Let me know how that thing works man. I have the hydrabomb and love it, but something that would hold more visual vapor and had maybe a little restriction would be nice. If it functions well I will probably order because it's cheaper than an official one.

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Really excited to hear reviews of the 2way rig. Going to place order pending a good review...
NANO {D022; FC MOUTH-piece; FC 186 and some others} these work!

The new Mouth-piece I just got I need to play some more?

I used my custom made hydro-tube I'm way to medicated to make an assessment! (EVO)

Tomorrow more assessing!

One thing I learned is Super Silver is knocking me out?

Last edited:

PeteSeattle

Thinking about getting a peyote pillar.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/sover...s-water-pipes/371589054.html#cart_view-5-null

Would an ash catcher be a good idea? Thinking about this one, reminds be of a peyote button-
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-style-glass-ash-catcher-swiss-perc/246394457.html#pd-019

I purchased their original "inspired" peyote design. I feel as if the original design was quite big and required massive lung power. The new one looks more like the peyote vs original design which is more atractive.

I ended up purchasing a mini version with the same function.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/advan...gh-quality-glass/218125920.html#mfavit-3-null
Less lung power and flavor is more pronounced.

Justpassedu

Really excited to hear reviews of the 2way rig. Going to place order pending a good review...
Let me know how that thing works man. I have the hydrabomb and love it, but something that would hold more visual vapor and had maybe a little restriction would be nice. If it functions well I will probably order because it's cheaper than an official one.

It works well , has a small bit of drag , perfect for the nail's if you are using it with the Evo. That is all I have used it with so for and some flowers. It def works better with the nail due to the slight drag. I happen to really like it for the price and feel you cant go wrong. It def beats spending $150 on a vapexhale tube imo when they havnt been delivering 100% quality as of lately.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It works well , has a small bit of drag , perfect for the nail's if you are using it with the Evo. That is all I have used it with so for and some flowers. It def works better with the nail due to the slight drag. I happen to really like it for the price and feel you cant go wrong. It def beats spending $150 on a vapexhale tube imo when they havnt been delivering 100% quality as of lately.
I know your the expert concerning glass.
The first hydro-tubes were terrible. (my POV)

My custom HYDRO-TUBE works unreal.
The new ones are lame. (Don't waste your $'s)
I tried to have CHINA make one how ever they just copy stuff that has a track record of selling.

My GAS is cured and I wish you all the best!

Local CUSTOM here in CALIFORNIA is the way I'm going.
Function is what I'm seeking!

You can have looks??

FUNCTION is CIVILIZED (don't listen to me I'm ranting)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I know your the expert concerning glass.
The first hydro-tubes were terrible. (my POV)

My custom HYDRO-TUBE works unreal.
The new ones are lame. (Don't waste your $'s)
I tried to have CHINA make one how ever they just copy stuff that has a track record of selling.

My GAS is cured and I wish you all the best!

Local CUSTOM here in CALIFORNIA is the way I'm going.
Function is what I'm seeking!

You can have looks??

FUNCTION is CIVILIZED
I am no expert , I admit the 1st round of hydro tubes were not my cup of tea. This new style is working for me though & I like it allot , $400 + for the real version and under $45 for the copy , I don't have to worry about breaking glass , traveling with it and it functions well. I am happy. If you could get a nice local custom made for under $50 than I am all for it. I have 0 problems with the function of it for the price , the 1st two that came out is a different story. They copy them bc that is what the people want , a affordable option that is a proven design. That doesn't always work out so well with copies and sometimes they are shit. The best part is if they are shit you didn't spend allot of money for it and it can always be given away or even a case can be started for refund if function is not proper.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So I decided to give clean clear glass a shot. Picked up this piece and received it today.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/ccg-2016-new-arrival-glass-water-pipes-glass/378838356.html

Had a few shipping issues but they still got it to me pretty quick. Everything is great about this piece except for the way it hits. There is some strong draw resistance on the first pull. Never experienced anything like this with any other rig or bubbler. Also there are a few scratches on the perc but they are very minor. I really want to like this piece because its thick, sturdy, and looks awesome but the draw resistance is such a turn off that I don't want to use it.

I totally understand dhgate glass can be hit or miss but damn it sucks that this doesn't perform well.

Edit...I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or just how the jet percolator hits. Anyone have a jet perc and do you experience significant draw resistance before it gets bubbling? All my previous bubblers have been sidecar rigs with 4 hole slit percs. Very simple percolation. Not sure how to describe it any better....I've just never experienced this before.

From the videos it seems like the CCG is pretty close in restriction to the real Toro. I think the real Toro Jet Perc actually does have a little restriction, but not too much. See the blue one in the video, that's the real one. It has some restriction. I have the Hfy_glass one and it has much less restriction, you would probably like it better to be honest. See my videos of that HFY glass (Phoenix glass) one in Slyme below that. It has a similar design and a nice easy pull. You can compare the toro, HFY, and CCG from here and see if yours has more restriction. Try less water, the CCG tester in the video has way too much.

Real Deal

HFY_Glass

CCG function

Justpassedu

I would say try with the nail if you have 1 , it works perfect with it imo , decent with flowers , it has a tiny bit of drag. be careful filling , fill slowly trying to make sure no water gets into the bottom chamber bc when it does I found it a bit of a pain to get out. I try to be nice , I had my coffee allot earlier than you as I am on the East Coast in NY. No French Roast , that's fancy , I like the bold , nice and dark strong cup. You are nice also in the afternoon :lol:

Justpassedu,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom