Cheap High Quality Bubbler

ma0u

frozWn Member
Contrary to what @ma0u says above, I don't think more diffusion is a good thing - not for vaping anyway. Maybe better for smoking or for dabs to smooth out the harshness of the hit - depending on how good/clean your concentrates are. But if you value taste and your vape gives a nice flavor profile, or you have yummy concentrates, I suggest you keep it slow and simple for best results..

Worst thing for a dabbing piece really seems to be excess size. From my experience, the quicker and smoother the diffusion transfer through the nail/stem to the mouthpiece is, the better. I have yet to find a piece better for dabbing than my FC-710 (w/ domeless female 14mm banger nail). The diffusion and pull for the 710 is PERFECT; the diffusion ball along with the greater water to air ratio seems to vape miracles :science:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Worst thing for a dabbing piece really seems to be excess size. From my experience, the quicker and smoother the diffusion transfer through the nail/stem to the mouthpiece is, the better. I have yet to find a piece better for dabbing than my FC-710 (w/ domeless female 14mm banger nail). The diffusion and pull for the 710 is PERFECT; the diffusion ball along with the greater water to air ratio seems to vape miracles :science:

Couldn't agree more for dabbing or the 710 in general. It's a great dab piece and retains flavor very well for vaping. Though I still like to use a drop-down on mine for dabs for cleanliness and reclaim.

digigator

I know a lot of people are gonna find this info very helpful including myself. I was expecting a few flaws like the joint strength, but damn thats quite a few more than expected. My man you just saved me $60. Much appreciated!

"B squad" lmao :lmao:

Its not cheap.. but its high quality... Everyone go check out the redesigned 2015 MOBIUS stereo matrix! Not sure if its more, but it looks like it has a shit ton of slits

https://jfriendly.com/products/detail/mobius-60t-stereo-matrix-2015-re-design

dude I ain't even exaggerating. Look at this:

bubbles everywhere
HyiAuCb.jpg

bubbles on the little disc:
IVR9zGW.jpg

Neck goes to the LEFT of can!!
QfAUxcJ.jpg

The function was nothing to write home about. I've noticed that about Steven's Mopbius copies, some functions better than others. I've had 3x FC-187, 5x FC-186, 4x FC-200 and the bubble stacking ability definitely varies from poor to the one he shows in the video.

This piece is staying in the garage where it belongs!

I suspect it's a different squad because I've also gotten 3x Torus (1x V1 2x V2) and 5x Straight Fabs from Steven and none had any of these workmanship issues.

dude I ain't even exaggerating. Look at this:

bubbles everywhere
HyiAuCb.jpg

bubbles on the little disc:
IVR9zGW.jpg

Neck goes to the LEFT of can!!
QfAUxcJ.jpg

The function was nothing to write home about. I've noticed that about Steven's Mopbius copies, some functions better than others. I've had 3x FC-187, 5x FC-186, 4x FC-200 and the bubble stacking ability definitely varies from poor to the one he shows in the video.

This piece is staying in the garage where it belongs!

I suspect it's a different squad because I've also gotten 3x Torus (1x V1 2x V2) and 5x Straight Fabs from Steven and none had any of these workmanship issues.

That shit really grinds my gears!! They shouldn't have sent that shit!!!

Meth0tica

Finally had one of my $40 DH Gate glass pieces crack. I usually put it in the freezer for a few hours before use, but tonight the inner bubbler cracked while I was using...

Going to order a few more, but as a rule of thumb, should I not put glass in the freezer or is this just because these DH Gate pieces are cheaper and may have thinner glass?

I see some with an 'ice pinch' on DH Gate, what is that and is that a better route for me?

This one lasted over a year, so worth the $40 for sure!!!

Meth0tica,

A1FBG

woke up this morning and saw this video posted on Steven's YouTube page...

looks like he mad the water inlets into the incycler longer? idk but the vortex looks like it is consistent now. Is it smaller too?

Man the straight fab is legit. Okay so when I first got the straight fab I was testing water levels and I tried a few pulls at high water level as I had seen on videos of others. I never had a drink at the high water level... but my buddy came over and on a dry pull with drop down and nail attached one rip made for 2 foot straight tube and took a drink. Lowered the water level to just above the perc and its perfect. No one has had a drink since that one time or any splashing really that I can remember (it's my daily driver too). So to answer your question about control, just hit like the size of the piece it is and you should be fine haha

Idk what to compare the drag to but its almost none. I'd say its almost as easy of a hit and milk as my real Toro Micro Internal Stemless Froth. I like that you don't have to make a suction with your whole mouth/lips on the straight fab which makes it easy to draw on.The hit is smooth and just right... it's kind of hard to explain. I'll say it's one of my favorite hits from an oil rig. It's cooler in temp so no harshness in the throat.

When its put up for sale will this be the one to purchase?? So we are good to go on the vortex function?? I still can't really tell much of a difference haha..

Edit: Which size would be better? 9 or 12" ?

And damn you have me convinced to go with a Straight Fab! I had highly considered it in the past but ended up going with something else at the time. Guess its time to finally try it out :brow:

Last edited:
A1FBG,

EverythingsHazy

Finally had one of my $40 DH Gate glass pieces crack. I usually put it in the freezer for a few hours before use, but tonight the inner bubbler cracked while I was using...

Going to order a few more, but as a rule of thumb, should I not put glass in the freezer or is this just because these DH Gate pieces are cheaper and may have thinner glass?

I see some with an 'ice pinch' on DH Gate, what is that and is that a better route for me?

This one lasted over a year, so worth the $40 for sure!!!
Yea, don't put your glass in the freezer. If you really prefer cold vapor, use freezing cold water, and/or get a piece that has ice pinches. Even then, you still have to be careful not to drop the piece from room temp to freezing too quickly, or you risk it cracking.
Before doing any of that tho, I recommend you try the very opposite, and put in very warm water. It sounds counterproductive, but the moisture it adds makes the hits much smoother.

Last edited:

dabsonthemountain

Yea, don't put your glass in the freezer. If you really prefer cold vapor, use freezing cold water, and/or get a piece that has ice pinches. Even then, you still have to be careful not to drop the piece from room temp to freezing too quickly, or you risk it cracking.
Before doing any of that tho, I recommend you try the very opposite, and put in very warm water. It sounds counterproductive, but the moisture it adds makes the hits much smoother.
They also lose all flavor though.. I'm not sure why, warm water dabs all taste the same. Maybe since terpenes are more water soluble, in warm water it catches them all?
But they are very smooth. I find it smoother than cool water.

dabsonthemountain,

HyzerSoze

Yingmin5 GB-187. Holy shit, where to begin?

How about the goose-egg where you're supposed to put a round object?
xLxuAZdB1p7CY22T_msgevH682Pmn0CrV-gpAGEmX-A=w944-h531-no

Or the huge defect on the bottom that looks like a crap repair job?
G8N1aStBCv-v7r9bU1RhtlCVjPHusMSI8Bor7e2ux4g=w944-h531-no

No, I think I'm most upset by the SHARDS OF GLASS that were inside the piece.
IAq8tmeaX2jcLnFiyphlrL2d2iE8gBo6bdjxEDlyhmI=w944-h531-no

Oh, and there are the little bubbles all over, the uneven base, and the crooked neck.

My China Glass experience to date:
D021 looked good but was designed poorly. It broke when bumped up against a poplar box with rounded edges. (SSS)

The D020 looked cloudy and had bubbles, a too-deep 18.8 female joint, and uneven base, and a glass burr right where the male 18.8 is supposed to go in. (SSS, who is still refusing to do anything on it)

ISI3i-iiE0pqDfTlux7QnXn2VWNsJVmglnm_4f9Uvbs=w944-h531-no

My HymanQuartz 18.8F/18.8F drop down came with a hole in one of the welds next to a mystery material black spot in the glass.

And the GB-187....it speaks for itself.

Still waiting to hear back on the last two.

A1FBG

@tstar In the videos the 14mm seems to drain/vortex a lot faster than the 18mm piece. Do you feel the same way? I usually go with 18mm rigs for more airflow but i think I'm gonna go with the 14mm because of that still occurring vortex issue. Are you guys satisfied with the 14mm's function/is it time to finally purchase?

A1FBG,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
They are getting sloppy. And the fucking Counterfeit logos are total :puke:. I'm finished experimenting with China glass. I definately was able to find what I like for relatively small money. My En4cer is now my driver. My 710 is in the rotation but eventually I will have the real thing. I will probably thin the flock a bit and keep a few faves' tail I get real counterparts to the China pieces.

snamuh

ghost
I think I might go with the new ball...

What's the consensus on payment? Last time o used my debit card. Is there any other way? Looking for some security, or ease because I have to call my bank for every purchase.

I'll probably purchase the pnwt from ss too....

snamuh,

tstar

When its put up for sale will this be the one to purchase?? So we are good to go on the vortex function?? I still can't really tell much of a difference haha..

Edit: Which size would be better? 9 or 12" ?

And damn you have me convinced to go with a Straight Fab! I had highly considered it in the past but ended up going with something else at the time. Guess its time to finally try it out :brow:
@tstar In the videos the 14mm seems to drain/vortex a lot faster than the 18mm piece. Do you feel the same way? I usually go with 18mm rigs for more airflow but i think I'm gonna go with the 14mm because of that still occurring vortex issue. Are you guys satisfied with the 14mm's function/is it time to finally purchase?

Yes dude! Get a straight fab you'll enjoy it, promise.

I wouldn't mind a 14mm torus if it is the one that vortexes and I'd want a 9" I don't like big rigs for concentrate. Did anyone notice that the perc on the first torus looks like it has less slits than the second torus in the video?

tstar,

CameraNerd

I wanted the fc-torus-9.5 until i saw that it is $80... i was ready to purchase at $60, but this is 2x the price of the ccg torus.

With all of the bad reviews of poorly functioning Torus designs from both steven and beyond, I think im just going to pull the trigger on a 710. some of my fav reviewers here speak extremely fondly, and the price is right....ugh, but i want the stupid torus...so maybe ccgtorus for $40 so i can get it out of my system. i feel disappointed that i waited on this torus and then am not impressed by the final presentation.

@ Steven - bro, some simple tips:
1- name your videos the same as your product name (i.e. fc-710)
2- name your youtube channel the same as your dhgate name
3- use the same restriction as someone would use while actually using the pipe. (perhaps ask someone here on google hangout... many of us would be happy to help)
4- This means put the honey bucket inside the dome. The entire point of a water test is to see diffusion of the vape and functionality during use. if the bowl isnt in, or the honey bucket isnt in the dome, the video is worthless. unless of course, you are trying to deceive us. This problem exists in your fc-torus video.
5 - this also means having the correct amount of water in it.
6- Watch videos until you understand how these bongs are supposed to function.
6- Now ask yourself...does my product function incorrectly? did i get water in my mouth? if you answer yes to either, dont sell the product.
7- guarantee your work if you are going to be the most expensive provider, and ship it within an appropriate amount of time.
8- lastly, maybe make a 3 pipe package. id like a couple of them, but they are all 30%+ more than your competitors...perhaps accommodate withc a package... it would convince me to pick up a third piece.

weenstoned

I would just get the ccg torus if I were you. The drain isn't that slow but other than that it is fine. Also I don't think Steven is monitoring this thread super closely so you'd be better off messaging them on DHGate. However, some of your points seem kind of unreasonable. I don't think buying 3 different pieces necessarily warrants a substantial discount (also have noticed that when people have received broken pieces from Steven they are often in orders of 3+ pieces). Also I doubt there would be a huge difference in restriction by putting the honey bucket inside the dome as honey buckets are considered pretty airy.

weenstoned,

CameraNerd

Totally hear you. I personally prefer the quartz banger to the honey bucket, which (my qualve) is more restrictive. more restriction for torus = less function... perhaps he coulndt get it to function with the bucket engaged.

Most of stevens videos have no restriction, which is completely pointless imho. I have used both, real and clone...the mothership honey bucket is dope, once the cap hits it...but with out it, its total crap. thats my $.02. The clones are dramatically crappier though i have been very interested in the hyman stuff.

Its obvious they dont know how to use these, or they do, and they are trying to sell you something they know doesnt function. That may not bother you. in most industries, knowledge of product is pretty essential. I should say that i think extremely highly of the "banger" style. 0-10, with 10 being the qualve banger, i would give motherships design with cap an 8, with out cap a 4, and the chinese knock off that came with my othership, a 0. so perhaps im just not the guy

My fab is dramatically lower quality than mothership. do i love it? kinda. Do strangers like it? a lot. Do they like it as much after they try it? no. Every one sorta says "yea for 40$ i would buy it" before they hit it, and only the noobs still want it after. It looks a lot cooler than it hits. I am glad i purchased it, because i can afford it, and because i was genuinely excited about it. my lust is significantly lowered by 2x the price. This just isnt a $2500 piece. It looks cool, but its not a high quality work of art. Its production glass. Think Coke Bottles, or pyrex baking dishes. 8x12 pyrex dish is 10 bucks... must require 20x the material. I understand that these items arent hand made, but the price difference between shops is still kinda frustrating.

I guess my entitled american consumerism expects these points. I am ok with sacrificing these points, but they lead to indecision. in turn, making me wait longer for something that i want and can afford. I appreciate that they are making these tests.. i just wish they were a tad more realistic/scientific.

re: 30% off, We can dream cant we? he is already 50% above everyone else... His competitors are able to make money at $40 for a larger version of the same pipe. i assume this means that steven could sacrifice as much as 30% in exchange for us not purchasing from his competitors. %70 is more than %0.

My guess is he knows that he has become the local fav, and is jacking his price as closely to LHS prices as he can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom