Cheap High Quality Bubbler

HyzerSoze

Any thoughts on this thing, other than 14.4 joints suck? I'm worried that there might be some splash.

1.0x0.jpg

HyzerSoze,

420boi

any one order the gordo scientific recycler from hfy glass (phoenix)? super tempted, but the cad dollar is so shit right now. Is the video they posted of the authentic?

HyzerSoze

Well I jumped on the grenade and took a chance on the Gordo clone...really hoping it isn't shitty :/ If it is I got the FC-710 on the way to help ease the payne :D

I'm also interested @420boi; looks like we're going to have to wait for a review :thmbup:

+1, asking for a input on the FC-711. Looks like a sweet little piece.

On the topic of vendor quality, I was pretty disappointed with a D020 that I got from SSS. Lots of bubbles around the top, with a burr on the ground glass that is keeping things from seating correctly. After f-ing up and getting the well made but horribly designed D021 from them previously, I think I'm going to just move on to another vendor. They politely declined to do anything about the 020 and I'll just have to drink the distilled tears of regret from my 021.

wolfJflywheel

He's saying that the D020 is a nice piece. I think he misread fancy for nice. D020 is apparently a very nice piece according to many members of the community, but I'd agree that there's nothing particularly fancy about it. I think that's part of the appeal to many though, all function and no flash. Honestly I think you'd do well with the vast majority of the pieces mentioned in this thread (besides, obviously, the wtf posts and the new people popping in to ask about random untested pieces). Keep in mind though, if flavor retention is your primary goal, you're not going to want a lot of diffusion which generally rules out most of the 'fancy' looking pieces.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Any thoughts on this thing, other than 14.4 joints suck? I'm worried that there might be some splash.

1.0x0.jpg

Can't quite tell about the bottom perc (but it's replaceable, so whatever). But the top tree perc clearly has open-ended percs. This means instead of bubbles pouring out of the 3 slits in each perc, it'll come bubbling out of the bottom of each perc.

Also it looks like quite a narrow base, might be easy to tip over. Personally, I'd pass. The YQ-42 by sunshinestore is a MUCH nicer piece in my opinion

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
He's saying that the D020 is a nice piece. I think he misread fancy for nice. D020 is apparently a very nice piece according to many members of the community, but I'd agree that there's nothing particularly fancy about it. I think that's part of the appeal to many though, all function and no flash. Honestly I think you'd do well with the vast majority of the pieces mentioned in this thread (besides, obviously, the wtf posts and the new people popping in to ask about random untested pieces). Keep in mind though, if flavor retention is your primary goal, you're not going to want a lot of diffusion which generally rules out most of the 'fancy' looking pieces.

Ah ok, cheers. Looks like I'll have to get two glass pieces then ;-)

EmDeemo,

wolfJflywheel

I'd be all for it if the vapor wouldn't flow up the down tube. I wish someone would redo this design with a showerhead or something similar. As is, the honeycomb slows the flow too much which allows a large enough bubble to form to start flowing up the down tube. They could probably even fix it just by adding another honeycomb below the intake and above the down tube.

wolfJflywheel,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What exactly are you asking here?
I should have used a ! Instead of ?
On the sentence about the D020!

I have a little over 30 pieces!

With vaporizing you don't need all the diffusion like for combustion!

The D020 I like because of it's function!

I use a D022 as well.

The FC UFO is one that works very well also!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Last edited:

_WaxPayne_

I'm also interested @420boi; looks like we're going to have to wait for a review :thmbup:

+1, asking for a input on the FC-711. Looks like a sweet little piece.

I'll keep you guys posted on the Gordo. Hoping for a win but not setting my hopes to high. :tinfoil:

Jane from Stevenlmz's store asked me what else I'd like to see them carry today and I gave her a few of pics and videos of Pukinbeagle's Propeller bubbler. I've seen some Chinese vendors carry "pinwheel" type percs , which means percs with moving glass parts are possible for Chinese glass companies...but Pukinbeagle's Propeller is going to be extremely hard to get right. I'm sure im not the first person to ask about it though .

weenstoned

Wouldn't be surprised if CCG does the propeller perc first as based on their youtube channel they're already looking into it. Given China's reputation for mass production I could see them being more capable of cranking out the moving parts required than Pukinbeagle.

Also the Gordo copy looks pretty good though the return tube could be lower. Possibly could end up being parallel to the perc if the blower is not careful. Assuming that doesn't happen it should probably function fine.

I should have used a ! Instead of ?
On the sentence about the D020!

I have a little over 30 pieces!

With vaporizing you don't need all the diffusion like for combustion!

The D020 I like because of it's function!

I use a D022 as well.

The FC UFO is one that works very well also!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!
Do you vape oil? I've come to the realization that my d020-d was recommended based on the fact that I'd been looking for an all arounder -- turns out I'm really just looking for something to use with oil. Gonna get an FC-710 and an adapter to use it with my hercules, curious if anyone has further oil rig suggestions. I'm still contemplating a nectar collector, has anyone used the newest generation? Kathy has the black version, so I thought someone here might have ordered by now.

ragnorokk,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do you vape oil? I've come to the realization that my d020-d was recommended based on the fact that I'd been looking for an all arounder -- turns out I'm really just looking for something to use with oil. Gonna get an FC-710 and an adapter to use it with my hercules, curious if anyone has further oil rig suggestions. I'm still contemplating a nectar collector, has anyone used the newest generation? Kathy has the black version, so I thought someone here might have ordered by now.
I will make about 18 grams of SHATTER
my HERCULES I will use.
Any bubbler or water pipe will do.

GSC is what I use!

J_ackson

It's always sunny in Colorado

1.0x0.jpg

It's a very good one for $30 bro, the second perc really makes it smoother. I would invest in a better diffused downstem because the one that comes on dhgate are never long enough to enjoy your bong to the fullest. I broke this one, the glass isn't very thick but if you're not high and trying to clean your piece like me it won't happen to you. :zzz: If you don't pull like a mad man then bubbles won't come out of the open holes of the tree percolator.

You can get this one for not much more and it has a splash guard and ePacket option for shipping:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/12-in...oking-bong-4/243072246.html#s2-1-1a|509309759

I don't like the pieces that gets repeatedly posted here, I want stuff with nice diffusion and good lucking glass pieces and not just for dabbing... :2c:

J_ackson,

HyzerSoze

Yeah, I've noticed that there really seems to be a big less-diffusion-is-more camp in here. Not that I necessarily disagree, especially when it comes to vaping, but is it just a flavor thing?

And to that point, if excess diffussion robs flavor, could it also reduce potency? I've never observed as much after years of combusting, but bongs are weed hungry and inefficent so I'm not sure that I'd notice tbh. The molecules that are responsible for odor and taste can't be that different than those that cause intoxication (if they're not one in the same)....

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yeah, I've noticed that there really seems to be a big less-diffusion-is-more camp in here. Not that I necessarily disagree, especially when it comes to vaping, but is it just a flavor thing?
Flavor and necessity - too much diffusion means you lose all the taste completely (it's happened to me - fucking weird when you get to that level of diffusion). Vaping through water is used to add moisture to the vapor, not really to physically "cool" the vapor. Hence there's really no need for excessive diffusion

And to that point, if excess diffussion robs flavor, could it also reduce potency?

Yes, exactly. Thats why it's preferred to use less diffusion than normally found in combustion pieces.

That said, this is my current favorite upright waterpipe for combustion (got one as a gift for a friend who still smokes) - http://www.dhgate.com/product/yq-42-two-function-glass-water-pipe-with/185864647.html

wolfJflywheel

Yeah, wish he'd made the joint stay above the base. I'm assuming the giant joint was largely due to him wanting to emulate that stupid mobius joint support.

wolfJflywheel,

twentypast4

#nycdabber
I finally bit the bullet and processed my order on the fc-710 my first DHg piece - as well as a 3mm banger and dabber from hymanquartz, and of course a 14f to f dropdown from alina. Tried to get best bang for buck overall. Can't wait to get this thing!

twentypast4,
Reactions: jds32
@Ratchett I honestly didn't see any CCG pieces that I was interested in. Since you mentioned build quality, is Steven known for fragile or nonfunctional glass? I thought his issues were CS related, like CCG's (making people who receive broken glass order more crap to get their replacement).

ragnorokk,
Top Bottom