Cheap High Quality Bubbler

hafalump

Old school burner, noobie vaper, so um help me out here. Why would I want an ash catcher for vaping?

hafalump,

EverythingsHazy

In regards to the Chinese postal service, their tracking is only really good for telling you when it was sent out (and only sometimes at that lol). Location data is almost always behind or otherwise inaccurate. Once you order from a seller, you can check the tracking info, calculate how long it took to arrive after a certain point, and hen use that for future estimations. Things usually go through the same stops from the same sellers since they are coming from the same location.

2.5 weeks after dispatching the sorting center is a decent estimate for it to get to the USA. Possibly less, but possibly more time too.

Old school burner, noobie vaper, so um help me out here. Why would I want an ash catcher for vaping?
You don't need one at all, but it can provide extra percolation/cooling if you want that.

Hey guys,

I'm getting my first apartment coming up this week and I'm looking for a nice water pipe to pair with my dbv.

Does anyone have suggestions as to something that works specifically well with the dbv or other whip style vapes?

This one looked pretty cool. Has anyone picked this up before?

http://m.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-circle-glass-water-pipe-glass/211931053.html#s1-16-1

I'm looking to save some money over my local headshops so something cheap would be the best.

Thanks for your help

lazylathe

Almost there...
The FC-187 has landed!!
Looks pretty clean, perc is nice and cleanly cut although at a slight angle.
Some odd kinks in the part just above the perc but not too bad.
Mouthpiece i would have preferred to be slightly more angled up. If i have a free flowing vape like my MiniVap and i haul on it, i get splash up the mouthpiece. Not bad though and i just have to go a bit easier!

She purrs like a kitten though!!!
Very sweet!!:tup:

For $40 delivered to my door, an excellent purchase!
Thanks to everyone that had some input in it's manufacture!!:clap:

Going to have to run the vape gauntlet through her, all for science of course!:science:

EDIT:
Verbalizer whitewalls this sucker with ease!!
Yee Haaa!!!:razz:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys,

I'm getting my first apartment coming up this week and I'm looking for a nice water pipe to pair with my dbv.

Does anyone have suggestions as to something that works specifically well with the dbv or other whip style vapes?

This one looked pretty cool. Has anyone picked this up before?

http://m.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-circle-glass-water-pipe-glass/211931053.html#s1-16-1

I'm looking to save some money over my local headshops so something cheap would be the best.

Thanks for your help
Just get it!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

This is a bit off topic for the thread, but simply put - an ash catcher is extremely versatile:
- Increase diffusion when connected to a large bubbler (multiple chambers for added diffusion) - I do this when vaping reclaim - taste is horrible so more diffusion is preferred to smooth it out
- small bubbler - when paired with a mouthpiece (like a j-hook) or a whip - you can make a tiny low-volume small diffusion rigs for a smaller vape (like my Lotus vape)

Typically you don't really need many ash-catchers in your collection, but it may be good to have one or two for fun if you have a bad case of GAS :science:

Cablue

@ataxian ,can you rec an ash catcher from dhgate for use with d020 and nano ?

I don't think you can use any normal ash catcher on mobius style bubblers unless you're willing to use another adapter on top of it which will kind of make your piece similar to the old board game Mouse trap, lol. You would need to get some chillum style vertical ashcatcher which are very rare and don't seem worth it for the most part.

edit: The only reason I can see getting one of these (vertical style ashcatcher) is if you're REALLY trying to keep your piece clean for whatever reason as the diffusion it's going to give you will just be minimal while sacrificing the airflow ALOT.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@ataxian ,can you rec an ash catcher from dhgate for use with d020 and nano ?

You'll want to be aware of the distance from down-GonG on ash catcher to it's can. Using an a/c with a dewar (top center GonG) can get pretty tricky if you don't have the clearance for a good connection. There are probably a few that would work with the D020, because not that much clearance would be needed. But, once you start getting into wider cans I don't think you'll find much that will mate up.

Think this is exactly what @Cablue is saying above, except the dewar joint is not really "mobius style". Mobius just uses them on many of their pieces. Many blowers have been using them for at least 6 - 7 years. Probably longer, but that's about as long as I've been paying attention.

IME a/c's work better on a standard stemless. And, even then I don't use to vape. More diffusion = less flavor. For dabs (especially of abv oil) they can be nice to smooth the flavor.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You'll want to be aware of the distance from down-GonG on ash catcher to it's can. Using an a/c with a dewar (top center GonG) can get pretty tricky if you don't have the clearance for a good connection. There are probably a few that would work with the D020, because not that much clearance would be needed. But, once you start getting into wider cans I don't think you'll find much that will mate up.

Think this is exactly what @Cablue is saying above, except the dewar joint is not really "mobius style". Mobius just uses them on many of their pieces. Many blowers have been using them for at least 6 - 7 years. Probably longer, but that's about as long as I've been paying attention.

IME a/c's work better on a standard stemless. And, even then I don't use to vape. More diffusion = less flavor. For dabs (especially of abv oil) they can be nice to smooth the flavor.
Cannabis is the HOLY GRAIL!

hafalump

Yeah I was looking at those going hermmm. How do I fit that? Anyway very happy with my set up!
Why fix what aint broke? No ashes gettin in there any way now that I F'ed cumbustion.:)

I thought the Dewar joint was a place to drink single malt, and hit some OG Kush :lol:
Anyways I learn a new term!

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Thanks for the video @BoogerMan. I almost feel dumb for not looking there for it. I just posted yesterday about the double recycler being on their page. I always knew that they sold China glass and have been waiting for some of their selection to show up on DHgate for fair prices. I bet lots of our members would jump onto his ball rig and Swiss perc
The Swiss Perc ac has been around awhile, the Swiss tube on greenbuddhashop looks nicer than the fatter ones I have seen too. I stumbled across a Swiss perc recycler today, it looks shoddy in some of the pics and a good vortex looks unlikely, though I've been wrong before.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/19cm-...pes-oil-rig/215690629.html#s2-12-1|4055083074

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yeah I was looking at those going hermmm. How do I fit that? Anyway very happy with my set up!
Why fix what aint broke? No ashes gettin in there any way now that I F'ed cumbustion.:)

I thought the Dewar joint was a place to drink single malt, and hit some OG Kush :lol:
Anyways I learn a new term!
Do what you like!

My ash collector's are used to add volume..

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is a bit off topic for the thread, but simply put - an ash catcher is extremely versatile:
- Increase diffusion when connected to a large bubbler (multiple chambers for added diffusion) - I do this when vaping reclaim - taste is horrible so more diffusion is preferred to smooth it out
- small bubbler - when paired with a mouthpiece (like a j-hook) or a whip - you can make a tiny low-volume small diffusion rigs for a smaller vape (like my Lotus vape)

Typically you don't really need many ash-catchers in your collection, but it may be good to have one or two for fun if you have a bad case of GAS :science:
Here is an example. Simple HC Ash Catcher and my Lotus (GL) J-hook and the Lotus. Works well.
mjlev8.jpg

I find Ebay a better source of Ash Catchers than DHgate.

Last edited:

Cablue

Here is an example. Simple HC Ash Catcher and my Lotus (GL) J-hook and the Lotus. Works well.
mjlev8.jpg

I find Ebay a better source of Ash Catchers than DHgate.

Oh, I guess he meant a "literal" ash catcher, this looks like one for vaping I guess, I'm not a huge vaper myself (just a dabber) so the contraption probably escaped my bounds of knowledge.

Good looking out, I have seen these in other threads being put in front of the vaping machines on glass.

Last edited:

Cablue

Well, you won't find many people in here using an Ash Catcher to actually catch ash... :)

This particular AC was 14mm and fit the JH and Lotus with no adapters. Most I think are 18mm.

Yeah...I guess technically the things we standardly call the glass type ashcatchers are really "pre-coolers/diffusers".

Cablue,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't dab so I don't know if an AC might catch the dabbing debris that dabbing seems to produce. I would think it might with something like an Honeycomb but it might also be a bitch to clean.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom