Cheap High Quality Bubbler

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Coriolis effect is actually negligible at this scale, but even at full size, whirlpools don't rotate any fixed direction; their rotation is determined when they form by whatever circumstances conspire to allow them to exist, and may go either way. Coriolis does provide a bias to one direction over the other, that gets more significant the larger the body of water being drained, but to make it reliably impose its influence you basically have to start with a really huge, really circular pool of artificially still water with a perfectly-centred, perfectly-circular drain. Even at toilet-bowl scale it's influence is not noticed; our flushes spin like yours.

Even if it was a universal law, though, you might have just been looking at the Southern-Hemisphere model. :p

Always amazes me the amount of technological knowledge posted here. I remember a Mythbusters episode that explained that :rofl:

I'm so happy, I just figured out that my DYD nail has a tiny Ti cup on the bottom end, so I took it apart and made it fit into my 10mm mini rig :D nice!
I'm pretty impressed at how well that mini-beaker hits... it's so tiny!! The glass nail it came with did work, but the nail is so tiny and fragile, I wanted to find a more solid replacement. This will hold me until I get a domeless. It's a nice size cup, glad I decided to look in that spare parts drawer.

YrrwaP6.jpg

Glad you found a nail! So, when you dab with a tiny rig like that, are big hits harder to take? More cough - inducing?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Glad you found a nail! So, when you dab with a tiny rig like that, are big hits harder to take? More cough - inducing?

I couldn't say, I don't usually take very big dabs... I guess too much might cool the nail too quickly?? I get pretty full rips from that size nail. A domeless nail would give you more surface area for larger dabs and globs...

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the suggestion @BoogerMan! I just ordered one of those New-Vape nails for $22. What a good deal! This is going to really upgrade my new favorite little rig. The cooling and flavor out of it is impressive!

Purchase here at 420Titanium. Cool site, too!
cool let us know how that works out... I won't be purchasing a nail any time soon, since I can use my DYD nail, but I'm curious to see how those domeless function on the mini rigs.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:clap::clap:Well I now have a working GB-186 from Yingmin :) I like it a lot. I can't really add anything extra that has not already been discussed about the model. I could see he tested this one himself as it was still wet :lol: For $40 though I would have to say it doesn't get much better. I used it with my E-Nano and there was no shortage of milk. I felt very bad for Lamin as he was not selling this pieces as singles that long ago. I would hate it if a few botched orders made him return to only selling in bulk.

I also got one of his Ti nails and I just received a couple of torches so tonight I will give that a try for the first time. I have never tried to vape like that before so it should be fun.

I was going to gift a friend my GB-189 but I ended up giving hime the TDS-209 instead. It has a 14mm joint and for anyone who does not own a gong you can also fit one of Ed's Solo stems right in there (friend has a Solo and Ed's stem. He is also a student so was pretty happy to get a bubbler that did not require any further purchases to function for him :D). I have acquired too much glass so I was happy to see one go to someone who will get some good usage out of it. I would like to think this is the end of my GAS for the time being but that remains to be seen :D:evil::evil:

mestizo

I just want to report that I have been in contact with Yingmin AKA Lamin, he is shipping another bubbler, all I can say is the customer service couldn't have been better, he was prompt at answering my emails and he even complimented my cat in one of the videos I sent him to show the problem on the glass joint. Now the wait starts, I hear they have a holiday coming up in the next few days.

@mestizo You are right. There is a long weekend coming up. Actually the holiday is on Monday and is for the Dragon Boat Festival (Tuen Ng). Hopefully he ships it for you today. Otherwise it will be Tuesday before things get back to normal.

Does anyone know why Yingmin is not able to post here? If it is a matter of allowing North American retailers but not allowing Chinese retailers that would not be cool. Perhaps one of the mods could let us know the position FC is taking here. At least it would help us when communicating with different Chinese vendors in the future. There is no point in inviting them to join us here if they are not going to be permitted to do so. Either way I think some clarification may be helpful :)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
@mestizo You are right. There is a long weekend coming up. Actually the holiday is on Monday and is for the Dragon Boat Festival (Tuen Ng). Hopefully he ships it for you today. Otherwise it will be Tuesday before things get back to normal.

Does anyone know why Yingmin is not able to post here? If it is a matter of allowing North American retailers but not allowing Chinese retailers that would not be cool. Perhaps one of the mods could let us know the position FC is taking here. At least it would help us when communicating with different Chinese vendors in the future. There is no point in inviting them to join us here if they are not going to be permitted to do so. Either way I think some clarification may be helpful :)

They have specific membership rules for vendors, they have to follow the rules and not just register as a regular user. I don't know what the delay is for Yingmin, but I'm pretty sure it isn't due to location.

Jahrastafari

Hello, First post here. Found this forum after finding these cheap pieces on dhgate. I ordered 4 Bubblers. 187 from Yingmin. The double barrel recycler from btoc another from him as well and a recylcer from kathy. They are all marked as shipped but tracking shows nothing. Ordered 5/25

Not quite a water test, forgive me.
Can you post more vids of this? Just ordered one. Had to have after seeing this piece. Are they exactly the same?
http://www.thedablab.com/grav-labs-grav-cup-vapor-rig-w-14mm-dome-adapter-and-glass-nail/

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Hello, First post here. Found this forum after finding these cheap pieces on dhgate. I ordered 4 Bubblers. 187 from Yingmin. The double barrel recycler from btoc another from him as well and a recylcer from kathy. They are all marked as shipped but tracking shows nothing. Ordered 5/25

Can you post more vids of this? Just ordered one. Had to have after seeing this piece. Are they exactly the same?
http://www.thedablab.com/grav-labs-grav-cup-vapor-rig-w-14mm-dome-adapter-and-glass-nail/

hmm I think that is not quite the same, probably this link fit's better?
http://www.smoketower.ca/store/7-starbud-frapp-bubbler.html

Throwie

I'm looking at getting a D020-D from DHgate but the one's from sunshinestore are a bit pricey with their shipping, I noticed another seller with only ~50 overall transactions is selling the D020-D which works out cheaper and ships faster, is it safe to buy from these smaller stores? They likely get their product from the same place right?

I'm looking at getting a D020-D from DHgate but the one's from sunshinestore are a bit pricey with their shipping, I noticed another seller with only ~50 transactions is selling the D020-D which works out cheaper and ships faster, is it safe to buy from these smaller stores? They likely get their product from the same place right?
Sunshine Store is expensive????!!!! WTF!!!?? Lol, I guess it is all relative. Here is my advice. Do not order a D020 from anyone other than Sunshine Store. The other shop will most certainly not be faster despite what they tell you. There are very few trusted and reliable Dhgate vendors. If you order from elsewhere you may be waiting a long time. Sunshine Store will have your order out the door and into the postal system within a day or so. They are awesome :)

Throwie

Well I'm a tight ass when it comes to glass and it works out close to $50 with shipping to Aus for just 1 piece, I remember getting 2 decent pieces for that price from Kathy when she was on aliexpress, unfortunately I couldn't find the D020-D on her DHgate store.

Good point though, I'll stick to the trusted larger vendors.

Herr_Dampf

Sunshine Store is expensive????!!!! WTF!!!?? Lol, I guess it is all relative. Here is my advice. Do not order a D020 from anyone other than Sunshine Store. The other shop will most certainly not be faster despite what they tell you. There are very few trusted and reliable Dhgate vendors. If you order from elsewhere you may be waiting a long time. Sunshine Store will have your order out the door and into the postal system within a day or so. They are awesome :)

I have no clue where @Throwie is from, but for european customers, Sunshine Store is kina expensive because they don't offer any cheap shipping options. For example, the D020 would be 55 USD as EMS is the only shipping option for 32 USD. Compared to the 11 bucks e-Package option for US customers, thats very expensive.

EDIT: Seems Aussies get the same shitty shipping options.

@Stu Is it a matter of these vendor rules being a little too difficult for the Chinese guys to follow? Or do they baulk at the process and stall? You can only imagine how intimidating this site must be to new members that are using English as a second language.

Read the rules, vendors are not allowed to post in regular threads. Vendors and Manufactureres aren't the same.

THE RULES said:
Retailers and Advertisers
We allow vape dealers to post in the Retailer Announcements thread only. While the interest is very much appreciated, we do not run advertisements and are not actively looking for sponsors. Before any type of sponsorship is considered, a retailer must be well-established in the community with an excellent track record of customer service. They must also be an authorized dealer for the products they carry.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I have no clue where @Throwie is from, but for european customers, Sunshine Store is kina expensive because they don't offer any cheap shipping options. For example, the D020 would be 55 USD as EMS is the only shipping option for 32 USD. Compared to the 11 bucks e-Package option for US customers, thats very expensive.

EDIT: Seems Aussies get the same shitty shipping options.

Actually, everyone but the US is EMS or DHL only with SunShine, apparently. :c

Read the rules, vendors are not allowed to post in regular threads. Vendors and Manufactureres aren't the same.

This doesn't explain why he hasn't started a new thread in an approved area, though. His forum presence just evapourated all of a sudden. Pity as such a thread would see a lot of interest, I bet. Do we know whether anyone explained the situation to Lamin and if he understands that he can do this and still publically talk to us, post pics, etc, it's just that he can't post in normal threads?

Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

This doesn't explain why he hasn't started a new thread in an approved area, though. His forum presence just evapourated all of a sudden. Pity as such a thread would see a lot of interest, I bet. Do we know whether anyone explained the situation to Lamin and if he understand that he can do this and still publically talk to us, post pics, etc, it's just that he can't post in normal threads?

The question is, is he vendor oder manufacturer.
I'd guess the rules for vape vendors apply to glass vendors as well. Or at least similar rules. That would restrict him to post here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/retailer-announcements.145/
JoDa, Cory, Gordo, Ed etc... are manufacturers and have their own threads.
That said, the rules always speak of "vape vendors" ... so yeah.

You can ask @vtac if you want to know for sure whats going on, seems like the most reasonable route :)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Lol so my D020-W FINALLY arrived. Wow it's bigger than I expected, and the side-arm is a bit shorter than hoped. And the mouthpiece is a bit smaller than hoped, but overall, it's pretty good for the price!

The glass is pretty thick, and the only spot I have concerns is the weld between the arm and the oil rig itself - looks like either a rough weld, or a hairline fracture - doesn't appear to leak air or water, so I'm not worried (especially at this price!)

I'm liking the birdcage perc however - seems to fire quite evenly around the whole perc (unlike my D020 which seems to favor one side over the other).

I'd really like to see more sidecar glass on this thread, having full view of the vapor action is awesome!

Top Bottom