Cheap High Quality Bubbler

BoogerMan

@SSVUN~YAH nice purchase! You won't regret it. It is one of my favorite and most used pieces.

Photobucket is down. I will edit and post the rest of the images as soon as it is back up.

Finishing up Glass Pipe Master and covering Brothers With Glass and starting Thick Quality Glass:

GLASS PIPE MASTER

Item: Honeycomb and Grid aka Stereo Matrix to Honeycomb Recycler
Link: http://www.glasspipemaster.com/all-...rid-perc-cylinder-concentrate-water-bong.html
Price: $95 + about $15 shipping
Ordered: 4/14/2014
Delivered: 4/18/2014
Pros: Tons of diffusion. Extremely smooth pull. Zero drag. Thick quality glass all the way around and again no flaws. Brand name quality. It is a tricky piece as I explain in the cons below, but once you get it working right it is great. I will have to upload a video of this because it is hard to explain what I discuss in the cons below.
Cons: It is not your traditional recycler design. It doesn't vortex/whirpool/cyclone. I knew this from the picture because it does not have a large enough recycling chamber, but I wanted it anyways. So after finding the perfect water level, which is fairly tricky, I have grown to love this piece. So what happens is the bottom stereo matrix causes some bubbles to go up through the honeycomb, but other bubbles go up the mouthpiece tube/recycling chamber. I see this as a natural perc so instead of a stereo matrix to honeycomb it is kind of like a stereo matrix to natural perc to honeycomb lol.

Brothers With Glass

Item: Gridded Upline Recycler
Link: No longer available. It is made by American Glass based out of colorado. If this item every pops up anywhere and you have around $150 you need to buy this. I also believe another member posted some pictures of 2 recyclers a few pages back that someone on the forum makes. This recycler I am reviewing looked similar to those recyclers so if you can get your hands on one you should!
Price: $150
Ordered: 2/8/14
Delivered: 2/12/14
Pros: The best recycler I have seen and used for $150. Purrrrrrs like a cat. Has around 40-50 holes on the gridded upline. It is thick brand name quality without the logo. Love it! Makes the whirlpool and everything. Overall one of my all time favorite recyclers (besides the double barrel hitman knockoff haha).
Cons: None. Buy it if you see one like it!

Thick Quality Glass with some DHgate links too ;)

Item: Double Honeycomb to Turbine
Link: http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...honeycomb-w-cyclone-and-dome-splash-guard-7mm
Link to similar items on DHgate:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass...with-2-honey/184352636.html#s2-1-1|3166345403
http://www.dhgate.com/product/glass...ith-2-honey/191512109.html#s1-21-1|4246129341
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...g-pipe-with/191000878.html#s2-18-1|3121731240
Price: $110 + $15 shipping.
*On Thick Quality Glass - Create an account and add the item to your cart and let it sit there for a day. You will get an email with either free shipping or a 10% off coupon code (which basically covers US shipping).
*The DHgate items I found don't have the turbine splashguard but they are a lot cheaper :)
Ordered/Delivered: It was a while ago, UPS shipping, took about 4 days to get from East to West coast.
Pros: I really like the 7mm thickness. It feels really heavy and sturdy, but still manageable. The honeycombs stack bubbles like crazy all the way up to the turbine just like a frit. When you clear the pipe the vortex action happens. I will post a video later.
Cons: It is big, 16-17 inches. I like having a few big pipes, but I know most members in this thread like the smaller bubblers.
image_zps05960246.jpg

I have one similar to this one, but my "matrix" doesn't have nearly as many slits. It looks like this is the new and improved version lol. I will review my similar piece soon.
http://thick-quality-glass.myshopif...s-1/products/10-bent-neck-matrix-diffuser-5mm

Saw this one from a new seller named "Suade". Shipping was a little expensive to the US ($42) and no feedback for the seller but the quality and percs looked nice lol :) Maybe I will risk trying this seller next month…
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/yc-034-glass-water-pipe-glass-smoking-pipe/191526702.html

More to come!

Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

Brothers With Glass

Item: Gridded Upline Recycler
Link: No longer available. It is made by American Glass based out of colorado. If this item every pops up anywhere and you have around $150 you need to buy this. I also believe another member posted some pictures of 2 recyclers a few pages back that someone on the forum makes. This recycler I am reviewing looked similar to those recyclers so if you can get your hands on one you should!
Price: $150
Ordered: 2/8/14
Delivered: 2/12/14
Pros: The best recycler I have seen and used for $150. Purrrrrrs like a cat. Has around 40-50 holes on the gridded upline. It is thick brand name quality without the logo. Love it! Makes the whirlpool and everything. Overall one of my all time favorite recyclers (besides the double barrel hitman knockoff haha).
Cons: None. Buy it if you see one like it!

150 bucks? You guys should come over to the Corys thread ;)
Same price, made to order:
33fghkz.jpg

slvelocity

I LOVE the SIDECAR MOUTHPIECE. I've always wanted a sidecar, this is my first one, I'm in love. It give such a better view of what's happening in the can.

Frankly, I think every piece needs to be sidecar! New industry standard! :p:brow:

Functionally, it makes SO much more sense than the regular mouthpiece. Being able to actually watch the perc (without having to lug a mirror and frankly I'm a bit scared of mirrors... yah too many scary movies) has opened a whole new experience to me. Usually, I'd buy a piece, probably hit it in the bathroom mirror a few times to actually look at the perc I shelled out an extra $100 for, and never see it again :doh:

Sidecars have made my glass addiction THAT MUCH WORSE :lol: (I guess it's a good thing sidecars aren't the standard or I'd be broke... even with $30 pieces :D)

Plus, if you're a cloud chaser, a sidecar will give the best view to control your draw. Thick clouds virtually everytime... my draws are perfect now!

@Mister G Nice review dude and I'm glad you like it. How high are you filling the water? I find it needs to be around about level with the turbine. Also, while I think of it the turbine action is much better on the TDS-209 even though it is just a small bubbler. There is definitely no real tornado like action on the GB-189 but did you notice that when you clear the piece it absolutely roars?

Even though I am not loving this piece so far I totally agree with you about the quality of Yingmin's glass. To me it looks to be of very good quality. The glass is thick and I could not find any imperfections.

I am going to order one more. Now to decide between the 186 or 187. Hmmmm or maybe I will pick something totally different :)

EDIT: ALERT ALERT - looks like Yingmin has some new stuff :) GAS sufferers beware.

Last edited:

slvelocity

@slvelocity, I've never had any interest in sidecars, but after reading your post I feel like I NEED one right now

I had the exact same thought when a previous poster reviewed the d020-w! $30?! Just eat at home with the lady friend for a night and I can buy TWO!!

The visual appeal of watching a perc function makes me like a fat kid in a candy shop.

So I warn you. If you're like me and you have GAS and you're a cloud chaser.... actually hell who am I kidding it's $30 bucks bro! It's worth it just to satisfy the curiosity!

Or like others have mentioned, be a superhero to your friends and gift it away if it's just not for you :D

Random note: just took a dab and stood up too fast and got the light headed feeling with the dab hitting me at once. Zomg..

Yingmin has this. The GB-048, single unit $61.79 - $67.05;
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/glass-bong-glass-smoking-pipe-with-ice-pinch/191508012.html

Also the GB-20, tiple Honeycomb perc, Roor logo, looks very tall, single unit $63.67-$69.10;
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-glass-bong-glass-smoking-pipe-with-3/191777030.html

They both look very interesting but I am wondering if perhaps these pieces may be best suited for combustion purposes. I've been looking at pictures of pieces similar to the GB-048 for a while but this is the first time I have seen them offered for sale as single pieces. Any thoughts?

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

ou812?

Yingmin has this. The GB-048, single unit $61.79 - $67.05;
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/glass-bong-glass-smoking-pipe-with-ice-pinch/191508012.html

Also the GB-20, tiple Honeycomb perc, Roor logo, looks very tall, single unit $63.67-$69.10;
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-glass-bong-glass-smoking-pipe-with-3/191777030.html

They both look very interesting but I am wondering if perhaps these pieces may be best suited for combustion purposes. I've been looking at pictures of pieces similar to the GB-048 for a while but this is the first time I have seen them offered for sale as single pieces. Any thoughts?

Alot of the rigs we see here are definitely for combustion.In my experience I noticed the rigs that are bigger with multi percs really smooth out the SMOKE (I say smoke and not vapor in this sense) I only have a Solo and I notice that those rigs that achieve mass amount diffusion due to multi percs kill the flavor. IMO when vaping I like smaller rigs which I think preserve flavor more, I gravitate towards the smaller oil rigs, which are easier to milk and clear. Most of what I own are bubbs. I occasionally burn, but in bigger rigs w/ a charcoal filter attached and its a blast to see the rigs deliver massive clouds and some of the road filtered out:tup:

I want to thank ALL for carrying the torch to discover more vendors and their rigs. This thread runs strong constantly and is a blast to see what members find.:nod:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Got mine yesterday. :D

What is weird is that even though the GB-187 is a few inches taller than my D020-D, the difference in weight is minimal. My GB-187 weighs 456 G, while my D020-D weighs in at 440 G. Don't know why, either the D020-D is thicker or the wider can on the D020-D makes up for the taller can on the GB-187.

Cosmetically I'm kinda disappointed. After all the glowing reviews I thought the quality would be better. The top of my can isn't straight, has a angle as it goes toward the mouthpiece, very noticable. And there looks like a crack/defect right next to the dewaar joint. The perc is straight though, so that's awesome. I'm not seeing the quality difference vs SunshineStore's glass, :shrug:.

But in terms of performance, this thing fucking rocks, :rockon:. So easy to stack the bubbles and doesn't feel like it takes much to keep the bubbles in the air, kind of hard to explain. Each session I tried I liked the GB-187 even more. My only gripe is that because of the height of the bubbler, it doesn't feel as sturdy of the D020-D. With the tiny e-nano on top I could feel it being top heavy. A small price to pay for more volume I guess.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ahh! So hard to not pull the trigger on the D020-W - my wife already laughs at me for the phallic shape of the mouthpiece on my Molino bubbler (old combusting piece). What will she say if I pull out the D020-W???

But it's so tempting - the perc I want, and the sidecar shape I want. Please someone make something similar with a normal mouthpiece!

Last edited by a moderator:

HugieLewis

I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion
Ahh! So hard to not pull the trigger on the D020-W - my wife already laughs at me for the phallic shape of the mouthpiece on my old Molino bubbler (my old combusting piece). What will she say if I pull out the D020-W???

But it's so tempting - the perc I want, and the sidecar shape I want. Please someone make something similar with a normal mouthpiece!

The W's mouthpiece isn't THAT phallic...its more of a snake head shape. I have always been a big fan of sidecars and once I saw the W I knew I had to have it. Finally tried out one of my D's a few nights ago for some dabs and I didn't like it nearly as much as the W. The viewing angle was fruatrating for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ahh! So hard to not pull the trigger on the D020-W - my wife already laughs at me for the phallic shape of the mouthpiece on my old Molino bubbler (my old combusting piece). What will she say if I pull out the D020-W???

"My wife tell me that I have more stuff than a Smoke Shop"!

Top Bottom