Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Radio

stay true to yourselves
@Caligula (tagging you because i'm not sure who else has your level of knowledge yet)
I checked out those artists, amazing work. Better than most artwork i've seen all year.. But after checking it all out It made me realise that I probably want something more scientific looking. Am I wrong to believe that with vaporisation you only really need to filter the vape through water once? Twice or more is a bit overkill.
That being the case; I think a more sleek, scientific looking glass is the way to go. The elaborate decorative type isn't my thing unfortunately. What are the top brands out there for a $100-$250 one?
Edit: im actually on https://aqualabtechnologies.com/ and it's fantastic. If there are any other sites like that then someone here should let me know :) Otherwise I think this site is going to have something I want for sure.

edit 2: FUCK AquaLab is expensive though. It looks like $200-$300 ones are the 'cheap' ones here.. and the expensive ones are like $7,000.
For $300 this is gorgeous, but sheesh.. $300..
opinicus-9-glass-mini-blasted-satellite-bubbler.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...s-9-glass-mini-blasted-satellite-bubbler.html

I finally understand the practically of this thread, but still tempted by some of these masterpieces at AquaLab

Last edited:
Radio,

blankrider

@Deja Vu, yeah if you are financially well off or just have some money burning a hole in your pocket then aqua lab is cool...

But after smoking out of MANY different high end pieces in the last decade I cannot claim that they are that much better. Most people who have spent that kind of money won't admit their super expensive pieces were a rip off because it would make them feel stupid. They are all brand whores and dick riders living in denial lol.

If you had an unbiased person hit 10 different pieces while blind folded I doubt that they would be able to tell you what cost less than 100 and what cost over 1k. For that kind of difference in money it should be instantly noticeable in my opinion.

I would love to hear some other members chime in on this

Radio

stay true to yourselves
After checking out AquaLab I was honestly wondering who the fuck buys these.. Extravagant billionaire stoners? To have a classy, well-made and durable little attachment just to add water filtration to my vaporiser.. I want to acheive that, but no way am I spending more than $150.

I've smoked a fair share in my life and the difference is just placebo.. A bigger, 'better', crystal, handpainted brand-name bong doesn't make a difference to the hit in the long run. Water filtration is what is important..

This is harder than I thought, what a journey.. Just to find a hand-held bong/bubbler (under $150-$200) to stick on the end of my Extreme Q hose to pass around something a little bit prettier than a bacteria infested plastic mouthpiece, and that servers the function of one chamber of basic water filtering for a smooth hit.

WHERE ARE THE GODS OF VAPOUR TO HELP ME! :shrug:

edit: and I also found some users on FC that said that AquaLab weren't as great as they appear. Defective bongs were hustled off during their 4/20 sale, and shitty customer service/refund policy for overseas buyers.

Last edited:

oli

@Deja Vu, yeah if you are financially well off or just have some money burning a hole in your pocket then aqua lab is cool...

But after smoking out of MANY different high end pieces in the last decade I cannot claim that they are that much better. Most people who have spent that kind of money won't admit their super expensive pieces were a rip off because it would make them feel stupid. They are all brand whores and dick riders living in denial lol.

If you had an unbiased person hit 10 different pieces while blind folded I doubt that they would be able to tell you what cost less than 100 and what cost over 1k. For that kind of difference in money it should be instantly noticeable in my opinion.

I would love to hear some other members chime in on this

Funny a while back I asked my other half to test me with blind folding and try various pieces and guess what I thought I knew the pieces I loved so well but think again, I was shit at it!!!

blankrider

Maybe @PhotoRider could help us out here. In my reading on the recycler thread he seemed very knowledgeable and owned a lot of glass ranging from cheaper stuff to high end with pretty unbiased opinions. Most people who have spent this much will be completely biased to the expensive stuff but photo seems very fair from what I have read

blankrider,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I'm going to give the dude a private message then. Thanks Blank. I know there are quite a few messiah's of vape out there!

Radio,

rosetta

Long Time Lurker
Got my Kathy Hu HC bubbler. This link http://www.dhgate.com/product/honey...r/183730519.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Took only 9 days to get to texas, not terrible. Its straight, everything is welded well. It looks like a classier piece than my old broken d020 IMO. Good looking piece for the money for sure. It looks very nice with my solo, a little chuggy though and less diffusion than the d020.
I am still waiting for my Kathy Hu recyclers, should be in next week.

blankrider

Got my Kathy Hu HC bubbler. This link http://www.dhgate.com/product/honey...r/183730519.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null

Took only 9 days to get to texas, not terrible. Its straight, everything is welded well. It looks like a classier piece than my old broken d020 IMO. Good looking piece for the money for sure. It looks very nice with my solo, a little chuggy though and less diffusion than the d020.
I am still waiting for my Kathy Hu recyclers, should be in next week.
I am dying to hear back about those recyclers!
What all did you order? Links please

blankrider,
Reactions: ataxian

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:2c: Here. My DO20 is nearly flawless. There are some tiny bubbles in the bridge to the MP and any 18mm male rocks slightly in the Dewaar joint. There is also a slight chip in one slit. All that said it works perfectly. When I watch it bubble it seems that the firing goes around the perc in the direction the tops of the slits are leaning. I just noticed this while a friend was hitting it. Not during full power clearing but when slowly milking. I love my DO20! Best $30 MJ purchase ever. I have 2 other water pieces right now the infamous Simba White Lion MaTrix(massdrop), and an old school fumed bong with a new slitted downstem. Lately I am only using the DO20. Until my 186 gets here! My lungs don't care how much the thing costs but my wallet does! I just wonder given 2 similar pieces, one $$$$ and one $ could I tell the difference with my eyes closed.?

186 UPDATE: It has arrived in NY yesterday at noon. It's all downhill now. Gotta love USPS text alerts!:argh:
Edit: all 4 of my pieces cost what you could spend on 1 "name brand" piece. I like variety.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That was a great post, and you are totally right. I'm a big fan of reputable brands that I can trust, so ill firstly check out classifieds and then suss those glassmakers that you mentioned. May your next hit from the vape be extra potent! :tup:
Since you are determine to blow your cash raise your budget to $400 for a name brand.
$200 I've spent many times before to only have it break. Some pieces I spent over $300. Just to have it break in the first session.

So the cheap $30 pieces that functions the same as a $200 piece.

I spread my $ and don't put it into one item.

Do what makes you happy.

There is a high and a low spot with glass.

The piece I want is $2,000.
I can afford it no problem.
However it is wasteful!

For now I will get the $30 specials until I quit breaking glass.
If I keep breaking glass I always have my $30 pieces that functions just the same!

If I want volume I add a ASH COLLECTOR and CAISEN.
Or I go plain and simple. (depends on the vaporizer)

Do what you want however this is the cheap bubbler tread for a reason!

You say your a big fan for name brands?

"Put your EGO in your POCKET"!

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ice-chamber-vapor-tamer.14084/#post-597729
I'll stop posting here. I started a new thread for it.

I've narrowed down my search to an Ice Chamber that SSV allows you to customise the colour and minor visual elements of. Seems like a nice touch at a reasonable price.
And I'm a fan of brands that I can trust. & @ataxian - You want to know that the customer service is reputable, they have a certain standard you can expect, and they are a company worth supporting. That's all I meant. I'm not exactly into designer clothing, Apple products and Coca Cola. I just dig a company that respects themselves.

Thanks again for the help and sorry for clogging up the cheap high quality bubbled thread. It may have been a nuisance but the info I got from you all was invaluable and very refreshing.

(also @ataxian what is a caisen?)

blankrider

@DieHard
Great post! So true

I have a post in the Fuck You thread about overpriced pieces but it didnt get much love so I thought I stood alone

Last edited:
blankrider,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I find these low cost pieces a good way to test different perc styles to see what you like, and you can get 3-4 different kinds of bubblers sent at once to try out for the same cost of one higher end piece. If you are not sure what you like, why spend hundreds finding out the hard way like I did, when you can spend less to achieve the same goal, at least figure out what you like before dropping big bucks on something. I wasted so much money buying and later reselling and taking a loss on $200-$400 glass, and shipping adds up too. If you are unsure about what you are looking for, why not get a sampler at an affordable cost? What it comes down to is this is all glass, and it breaks...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian - You want to know that the customer service is reputable, they have a certain standard you can expect, and they are a company worth supporting. That's all I meant. I'm not exactly into designer clothing, Apple products and Coca Cola. I just dig a company that respects themselves.

Thanks again for the help and sorry for clogging up the cheap high quality bubbled thread. It may have been a nuisance but the info I got from you all was invaluable and very refreshing.

(also @ataxian what is a caisen?)
mo4fI24.jpg

I like name brands to on certain items.

CARS, BOATS, WATCHES.
Glass doesn't fall into this category!

I have an IPHONE, ROLEX and so forth!

I joke around so forgive my attempt at humor!
The CASIEN is on the left in between the water piece and the ash collector.
The D022 $30 is on the right!
This replaced a $300 piece of the same function.
I can live without the logo!

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
@lazylathe has turned me on to GrassCity and there is some excellent stuff here 10x cheaper than SSV and AquaLab. I can't believe I was prepared to pay $15 for a glass poker (to stir the herbs) when there are some insane looking stainless steel ones for $5 on GrassCity.

All I have to say is; fuck my $250 budget. That shit has been reduced.

Caligula

Maximus
@Caligula (tagging you because i'm not sure who else has your level of knowledge yet)
I checked out those artists, amazing work. Better than most artwork i've seen all year.. But after checking it all out It made me realise that I probably want something more scientific looking. Am I wrong to believe that with vaporisation you only really need to filter the vape through water once? Twice or more is a bit overkill.
That being the case; I think a more sleek, scientific looking glass is the way to go. The elaborate decorative type isn't my thing unfortunately. What are the top brands out there for a $100-$250 one?
Edit: im actually on https://aqualabtechnologies.com/ and it's fantastic. If there are any other sites like that then someone here should let me know :) Otherwise I think this site is going to have something I want for sure.

edit 2: FUCK AquaLab is expensive though. It looks like $200-$300 ones are the 'cheap' ones here.. and the expensive ones are like $7,000.
For $300 this is gorgeous, but sheesh.. $300..
opinicus-9-glass-mini-blasted-satellite-bubbler.html

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...s-9-glass-mini-blasted-satellite-bubbler.html

I finally understand the practically of this thread, but still tempted by some of these masterpieces at AquaLab

I'd say @mvapes @Deadshort480 and @PhotoRider are probably the biggest glass fiends here. As a matter of fact im petty sure PR'S collection is bigger than what Aqualab has in stock at any one time!

Anyway, these independent glass artists don't have to use worked glass you know. That colored stuff is more expensive/harder to use, so it would actually cost much less to get a clear , scientific style piece made.

Take these recyclers made by Cory GLASS Designs for example:

t7wwfQy.jpg

$150 USD and they are made to order. Sure price can go up if you want to add color and what not, but the function will be the same (amazing).

That's an example but you get my point.

Top Bottom