Cheap High Quality Bubbler

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Ok, I know this is the cheap glass thread, but one more question about DHGate. When I submitted my payment via Amex, DHGate stated payment of $28.01 received, but my txt alert I get from Amex whenever I buy something online shows payment of $170!!! I went back and checked, but I only ordered one at the $28 price. Has this happens to anybody else? Do they take a big chunk out and then refund the difference like some gas stations? Just need to know in case I need to dispute, thank you.

You may have bought a "lot". :D

Sell them to your buddies for a markup. :)

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Lol!!! Let me get the egg off my face. The 170 is in CNY currency. All is well. Thanks for chiming in though guys, would've been helpful if emergency was real!

That's good to hear. Not sure of exchange rates, but that's probably about the same as the $0.38 charge I had on mine. Maybe just some sort of checking before processing the whole order through Chinese system.

ou812?

Cruising around Ioffer and some other threads, found this glower, seems some import and USA blown.Prices are not of the A.E. or DH Gate but saw some mini (nano) rigs and quite a bit of detachable mouth piece rigs along with some cool designs.Its food for thought for anyone Jones'n for some new glass. Hope some of you may find it helpful. Enjoy!!

https://www.facebook.com/ApolloGlassworks
https://www.facebook.com/ApolloGlassworks

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/americanglassstudio

edit: ....A member has posted this around (props to him/her) and thought maybe some didnt remember or see,I for one didnt. Just saying :\

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
And I've had this item in my cart and almost pulled trigger on it a few times but haven't yet...
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/Honeycomb-Perc-Mini-Glass-Water-Pipe-p/wp-0198.htm

That little guy is awesome. Too bad it's only 14mm, :ugh:. For that price though, :hmm:. Would pair well with my SSV.

Been contemplating re-ordering the $40 infamous again, just for the 18mm WPA that would cost me $20 anyway. Has anyone gotten one of those lately? I know they changed the design once.

I had this Honeycomb & Inline Perc bookmarked if Kathy Wu didn't ship me her honeycomb, just hate paying 3X as much, hah. Looks like the VXC might even fit w/o an adapter. Looks bigger than Kathy's, so I'll keep it bookmarked for now, ;).

PoopMachine

From that specific seller?

Kathy Hu

I have a couple of things coming from her. I also have one of those other pieces that people talk about here (The one with the stacked circular percs) coming from Glass Mall on iOffer. He also sells that same piece that Kathy Hu does.

Its been 22 days since I ordered and Kathy's stuff, according to tracking, which I know is not real accurate, hasnt left China yet. The other piece from Glass Mall has been in sorting in Chicago for 6 days and it didnt get delivered today so I dunno if its even moved yet. Last tracking update for it was on the 18th. With Monday being a holiday, maybe it will show tomorrow.

Just for the record, I buy TONS of stuff from China and I have never had experiences like Ive had with these glass sellers. I buy computer parts, cell phone stuff, etc all the time and it gets shipped promptly and usually shows up in 2-3 weeks tops. This glass stuff is going through the same shipping system so I have to figure the seller is at fault here. I know what theyre doing, theyre printing labels and not shipping because all these services require them to ship in 7 days or the order automatically gets canceled and the customer gets a refund. Theyre doing this to avoid that happening.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Just for the record, I buy TONS of stuff from China and I have never had experiences like Ive had with these glass sellers. I buy computer parts, cell phone stuff, etc all the time and it gets shipped promptly and usually shows up in 2-3 weeks tops.

Well in their defense, it is glass they are working with. It's not like a PC/Cellphone part that is mass produced by machines, easily stored, long shelf-life, and easy to package/ship. There are tons of companies that offer those items, so competition is fierce.

My shipping didn't update until the day of delivery. For the price of these pieces, I don't mind as long as they make it.

If you really need a piece ASAP I wouldn't order from china. You say it's been 3 weeks, I would add a week to any glass piece, give them time to blow it/order it. I doubt Kathy has a huge amount of glass blowers employed, if any at all. I think because of this thread, we are keeping them pretty busy. IMO, one of the reasons she shut her store down for China's New Year, so she wouldn't be swamped when they got back.

Sucks you haven't gotten a single piece yet. I could see how that would be frustrating.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well in their defense, it is glass they are working with. It's not like a PC/Cellphone part that is mass produced by machines, easily stored, long shelf-life, and easy to package/ship. There are tons of companies that offer those items, so competition is fierce.

My shipping didn't update until the day of delivery. For the price of these pieces, I don't mind as long as they make it.

If you really need a piece ASAP I wouldn't order from china. You say it's been 3 weeks, I would add a week to any glass piece, give them time to blow it/order it. I doubt Kathy has a huge amount of glass blowers employed, if any at all. I think because of this thread, we are keeping them pretty busy. IMO, one of the reasons she shut her store down for China's New Year, so she wouldn't be swamped when they got back.

Sucks you haven't gotten a single piece yet. I could see how that would be frustrating.
My confirmation said that it shipped Wednesday. If their truthful then that means Saturday next week!

PoopMachine

Its not that I mind waiting, its that if youre going to do business on these sites then you should follow the rules. I only have 8 days left I think before I either have to cancel Kathy's order or go into the "no refund" zone, which also means if Im not satisfied with the piece, Im stuck with it. If the stuff REALLY hasnt left China, which I 100% believe because it took her over two weeks to ship, then theres no way its going to make it before that deadline runs out.

I guess Im sensitive to shipping shenanigans because I saw so much of this same bullshit in my previous line of work. "Oh yea, part is TOTALLY shipped!! Here's the tracking number" and then it doesnt actually go live for 10 days when it should have taken 2 days to get the part if it REALLY shipped. Its not fair to the consumer that they are gaming the system. If they dont have the piece in stock, take it off the site. Dont keep selling it and "shipping it" while youre waiting for the blower to make some more.

PoopMachine,

tuk

This glass stuff is going through the same shipping system so I have to figure the seller is at fault here. I know what theyre doing, theyre printing labels and not shipping because all these services require them to ship in 7 days or the order automatically gets canceled and the customer gets a refund. Theyre doing this to avoid that happening.
Have bought quite a few things from Cathy and not seen that happen. It's the seller that sets the time limit not the site, how would printing a label and not shipping prevent a refund exactly?

tuk,

PoopMachine

Have bought quite a few things from Cathy and not seen that happen. It's the seller that sets the time limit not the site, how would printing a label and not shipping prevent a refund exactly?

Because once you print the label through Ali, it changes the status to "Shipped" and at that point even tho its not technically shipped, the website doesnt know that. It then flips over to the 30 day countdown where you either confirm you got the stuff or you open a dispute or if you do nothing, it assumes you got it.

This is a really common thing.. they arent the only ones who do it.

PoopMachine,

bagelbanger

Has anybody used the d020 bub for dabs with the included nail? I have never tried dabbing but have the piece and will have some abv QWISO next week, as I'm planning on doing a run this weekend. I picked up a Bon jour torch from bedbathbeyond for the occasion but don't recall hearing anyone that's actually tried it with this piece.

Oh yeah, just wanted to say that it took ffffoooorrrreeeevveerrr for the bub to arrive from china/dhgate and I thought it wasn't coming. Usps tracking showed it leaving the local sort facility and than it didn't show for at least two weeks. Once I called and filed a lost item claim, it arrived the next day.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I've dabbed in it but only with my Ti nail. I did heat up the glass nail just to see if it would break. It held, but I've not dabbed off it. IMO the nail is too close to my face when I hit it in the D020, so I've only tried it the one time. Went back to my normal rig for dabs. The D020 is perfect for vapes, though.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
my experience so far was aliex took almost exactly a month for my glass to arrive and down to the wire on the time limit for dispute, making me pretty nervous, but they did show up in the time allowed. Tracking never worked through their links, but when I plug the #s into the USPS tracking system it eventually showed updates.

DHgate orders shipped much faster, I had them with in 2 weeks time, and I never had the chance to start worrying about them showing up.

I have ordered 2 pieces from each company so far (4 total). If you get down to the final day to open dispute and you have not received your items, then I would open the case before its too late, but until then, it's not a bad idea to just try to relax a bit and wait it out.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
That little guy is awesome. Too bad it's only 14mm, :ugh:. For that price though, :hmm:. Would pair well with my SSV.

Been contemplating re-ordering the $40 infamous again, just for the 18mm WPA that would cost me $20 anyway. Has anyone gotten one of those lately? I know they changed the design once.

I had this Honeycomb & Inline Perc bookmarked if Kathy Wu didn't ship me her honeycomb, just hate paying 3X as much, hah. Looks like the VXC might even fit w/o an adapter. Looks bigger than Kathy's, so I'll keep it bookmarked for now, ;).
Did you hop on board I noticed a couple sold recently, they probably have more but since there was under 5 I couldn't resist! Lovin how tiny it is!!! 3 more in stock now...

ou812?

Good find ou812?! I knew we had similar taste but wow! Lol I've been eyeballing that mushroom and turtle piece from that studio since Kathy Hu went on vacation! http://www.ioffer.com/i/pink-cadillac-toro-style-mushroom-perc-oil-rig-bubbler-561691706

And I've had this item in my cart and almost pulled trigger on it a few times but haven't yet...

I cant take credit for it Ssvun some one else's leg work but I missed who did post it on what part of the forum, but there are some cool rigs there, numbers aren't like our Chinese buds,but not too bad, some are affordable and unique. I too dig that mushroom/turtle rig and the perc it sports, looks very nice!, and the neat little nano's... nice!! Also great little collection of detachable m.p's and detachable percs.. Makes for easy clean up and also re-claim I would imagine. BTW like that rig on A.E. you mentioned w/ the inline to 6 or 8 arm tree for 42 bucks.Theres one down at the LHS ,hes asking 100 :o........... booyah!!! :whip:cut that middle out !!!

Top Bottom