Cheap Chinese e-Nail thread

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I couldn't open your link but I entered the search terms and I'd give the second one a try as he's sold more plus it's cheaper. I just received one today that I ordered as a backup, it's working great so far. I wanted the case and was hoping for the exact coil pictured which I didn't get too bad it would've matched my old one. Here is the one I just purchased, it doesn't say green light but the case is nice and it's even cheaper.

:sherlock:

OK cool ! Thanks for the info.

... forgive me, I tried to refresh the page to see your post, but it wouldn't update. So I made that double-post.

Anyway, I'm excited to get one, maybe the one you linked. I'm also thinking of getting a quartz banger thats deep enough to attach the heater coil onto the bottom of it. Seems like that would work great.

I'll let you all know when I've saved up enough for my own enail !!

Edit: ... you said you didn't get the coil pictured ?

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I couldn't open your link but I entered the search terms and I'd give the second one a try as he's sold more plus it's cheaper. I just received one today that I ordered as a backup, it's working great so far. I wanted the case and was hoping for the exact coil pictured which I didn't get too bad it would've matched my old one. Here is the one I just purchased, it doesn't say green light but the case is nice and it's even cheaper.

:sherlock:

So !
Now that you've had a chance to try it out, how's it going with your new enail?
The one you linked, this one, looks like I could slide it onto the bottom of a 16 quartz banger.
What do you think ? Is it adjustable at all ? You mentioned you didn't get the coil pictured,,, could you explain further ?

DJ Colonel Corn,

Baron23

Ok, I will share my experience. Not from DHGate, but from Alibaba and supposedly dealing directly with Greenlight (it was their Alibaba account).

Not one of the units you are discussing, but a G9 enail with Omron E5CC PID controller. Omron is a company, it makes PID controllers, and that is 85% of what makes an enail controller. Omron, especially this version, is considered desirable for their ability to hold temp steady (and use an external solid state relay....SSR....which is supposed to also help temp stability).

It was a complete disaster. A total joke. The box didn't have an SSR and quite honestly I don't know how it ever worked. It did work after a fashion but temp excursions were +/- 25-30 F which is entirely unacceptable.

I looked into the PID settings and found that PID was never even turned on or configured. There is the one and only reason to get a PID controller.....because it has PID.

Turning it on didn't help as it was wired incorrectly. Omron publishes quite a bit of tech data and you can find how to wire it....Greenlight hosed it up beyond belief.

The Omron assembly has screw down terminals for wiring. Greenlight actually soldered the wires on top of the screws. sigh

@mutten840 offered to help me and it now has an SSR, is rewired correctly, and programed correctly...but what a PIA.

NOW, I do know people who bought the exact same thing as I (they gave me the link) and theirs was perfect with none of the issues I listed above.

Like I said, perhaps it didn't actually come from Greenlight but I should think it would be hard to hijack someone's Alibaba account and this account that I bought from was definitely Greenlight's.

Now....$100 for controller and coil is really good. It could be worth the chance to buy one, but my advise is to go for $110 and get this from Auber ($110 for controller and coil)...yeah, Chinese made but American commercial instrumentation company in GA that you can call up for tech support.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=459

For $145, you can go for the RDK-300 and coil...this is what I bought and I'm happy with it but don't think I actually use any of the added features of the 300 over the 200.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
So !
Now that you've had a chance to try it out, how's it going with your new enail?
The one you linked, this one, looks like I could slide it onto the bottom of a 16 quartz banger.
What do you think ? Is it adjustable at all ? You mentioned you didn't get the coil pictured,,, could you explain further ?
It's working great! It's compatible with my older dhgate enail setup, that's built into a pelican case. It's pictured earlier in this thread. The coils have different color metal and different kevlar wrappers.

If you want it to slide onto a 16 quartz banger, you need to specify a 16mm heating coil.

Are you asking if the temperature is adjustable? Yes it its; up to 999f, also celsius.

The coils themselves can be physically adjusted with nylon-jawed pliers.

:science:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@grokit I *think* I have a similar pid/controller to yours. I was looking into getting an nv flowepot or the galaxy symphony and they both work with 5 pin xlr pids. I know mine is 5 pin, is it xlr? I was hoping you'd know or someone could tell me how to figure it out. Otherwise google it is.

I got one of these:
rBVaI1iEN8SAMEf0AAPm5Zeh4ws157.jpg

StormyPinkness,

grokit

well-worn member
@grokit I *think* I have a similar pid/controller to yours. I was looking into getting an nv flowepot or the galaxy symphony and they both work with 5 pin xlr pids. I know mine is 5 pin, is it xlr? I was hoping you'd know or someone could tell me how to figure it out. Otherwise google it is.

I got one of these:
rBVaI1iEN8SAMEf0AAPm5Zeh4ws157.jpg
Your image didn't come through do you have a link? Both of mine are full-size (not mini) 5-pin xlr and are wired the same. I think they use the standard d-nail wiring but not positive about that. I didn't check the actual pin diagrams or anything, I just took it on faith that they would be the same and they were.

One thing for sure is that newvape coils and pid boxes are a world unto their own and do not play well with other brands. Is the galaxy symphony on dhgate? If so it might be the same as what you have.

:borg:

grokit,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Your image didn't come through do you have a link? Both of mine are full-size (not mini) 5-pin xlr and are wired the same. I think they use the standard d-nail wiring but not positive about that. I didn't check the actual pin diagrams or anything, I just took it on faith that they would be the same and they were.

One thing for sure is that newvape coils and pid boxes are a world unto their own and do not play well with other brands. Is the galaxy symphony on dhgate? If so it might be the same as what you have.

:borg:
I tried to look it up on their page but didn't see anything saying it was xlr, here it is:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-price-smart-enail-dab-kit-d-electric/388560366.html

The glass symphony is a vape on here being made by fc'er @jojo monkey that I'm looking forward to. They said I just need 5 pin xlr pid.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-symphony-xlr.24261/

Thanks for the warning about nv coils, I actually do need to buy a barrel coil, mine is flat. The flowerpot also looks great... I kind of think I'll end up getting greedy and buying both.

Also thanks for the help, I'm still super new to the e-nail stuff.

StormyPinkness,

grokit

well-worn member
@StormyPinkness that looks exactly the same as my pid controller/heating coil. Xlr is just a universal standard normally used for audio and lighting gear connections. I know the difference between full-size & mini xlr, and our boxes use full-size xlr. There was a post recently from @NewVape710 (in the flowerpot thread) where he showed how he wires his xlr; it's different than the dhgate/d-nail 'standard' from what I can tell. 5-pin is what's used for pid/heaters, l/r stereo is 3-pin, full-size xlr goes up to 7 connectors per plug/socket. I remember the symphony but haven't followed along, looks very interesting but they don't really seem comparable, in that the symphony is a flower vape while the flowerpot is an e-nail that also has a lower compartment for vaping flowers. But it's basically a dabbing rig. I hope I've been helpful.

Good luck with which ever way you go, the symphony looks awesome. I have to catch up with it.

:science:

MGG

Hey, I guess this thread isn't so active but I thought i'd post some stuff.

I ended up buying 2 chinese nails on ebay, what do you guys think? Did I get scammed :p?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/16-20mm...var=572668050901&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3PCS-10...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Also bought a Menovo E-Nail off dhgate. Thought i'd comment on it properly since there's not that much info on the web about it :

POSITIVES
+ Remote control (kind of neat)
+ Fairly small size
+ Comes with carrying case
+ Comes with universal ti nail (assuming its legit grade 2 ti, which who knows for sure) regardless it seems legit and holds heat fairly well though is a little thin.
+ Shipping was fast from seller Menovotech (5 days) + seller good communication, fast response.

NEGATIVES
- The temperature number lies to you. Once it reaches temp it never moves. However if you try to move the dial forwards or backwards (or double press the 'set' button) it reveals the actual temperature. THIS UNIT DOES NOT HOLD STABLE TEMPS, DRIFTS UP TO 40C OFF.
- 100w max power draw and xlr pinouts it has limits you from upgrading to new coils.
- the coil doesn't fit very tightly around the nail
- the carb cap doesn't fit on the nail flush, can fall off.
- the dial is bad, if you spin it too fast it will flick to a random number sometimes or just not move at all, it feels fairly tactile but has poor response.
- the remote distance is okay but not that strong
- back power cord is very short.

Overall for a china e-nail it has some unique features, but it also has some trickery that I really don't like, specifically it 'faking' holding temperature and if it's willing to do that it makes me sceptical about everything else. To me it's a cheap trick. Overall it does work though at for $95usd it has a lot of features to offer. I think if I was to do it again i'd just get a proper e-nail though. This works fine though, definitely far better than a blow torch hahah, but the lack of temperature accuracy and other factors are a concern.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I have a Gimodo enail unit with an Omron PID and the thing runs at least 16/7 for the last 4yrs or so and is rock solid and stable. They sent me both a flat and barrel coil, for some unknown but fortunate reason lol, and both have been used extensively and both still working beautifully.

canj00digit?,

Dejavu

are any of the enail pids on aliexpress any good? they basically look exactly like other popular enail kits for other products.

seen its been a while since this thread has been bumped so no idea if buying chinese enails are worth it now? $57 for a pid+coil is a pretty nice deal.

Dejavu,
Reactions: Oil420FL
Top Bottom