CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

@toros23 I am definitely concerned about the efficiency of heat transfer while my dish is floating and/or spinning. So much so now I am investigating where I can get a shim out of a material that I don't have to worry about being hazardous. Did you experience the floating insert before moving to the bubble cap?

BTW: after more "experimenting" I can make the insert float and/or spin everytime I dab.

Did you open a support ticket? Sounds like you have a faulty part. My inserts don't spin with any of the caps I use. I'd contact them and let them know.

Danksta,

toros23

@toros23 I am definitely concerned about the efficiency of heat transfer while my dish is floating and/or spinning. So much so now I am investigating where I can get a shim out of a material that I don't have to worry about being hazardous. Did you experience the floating insert before moving to the bubble cap?

No, I don't think so. I have a storm cell, terp turner, terp trunk and a couple other standard glass caps but don't think i have made the insert float. On the other hand, I really have no way to know because I cannot see inside. It definitely spins when I qtip. What cap are you using?

toros23,

damm

BTW: after more "experimenting" I can make the insert float and/or spin everytime I dab.

The good news is if you can get some carbon buildup on the dish eventually it won't spin anymore ;)

You want a good fit; but not too tight of a fit that it is hard to remove the insert. So short of tapering the bucket (which would be interesting tbh) start small grow large for more airflow...

So my dishes always spin; I believe that's why it's mentioned on the FAQ on his website to use 2 q-tips. 1 to hold the dish in place

damm,

Mig710

If you can splurge $80 for the PB 20mm bubble cap, I promise you would not regret it. I know it seems like a ton of money for a tiny little quartz cap, but it makes the 20mm so enjoyable to use and increases efficiency over any other cap I have tried.

The air intake at the bottom of the bubble cap extends down to the inner top edge of the insert and forces air across every part of the dish surface. Because of the length of the stem on the bottom of the cap, the incoming air does not go directly under the bucket, it is forced to hit the top of the dish first. My other caps with shorter stems are less effective and I think it is because the air is being forced to the sides of the titanium bucket and then under the dish instead of directly onto the dish surface. I think someone at one point mentioned their insert was hovering and spinning using some other cap and I think this is probably not ideal.

Another added benefit is not having to think about cap placement. With the bubble cap, it sits down inside the bucket and makes a perfect seal without ever having to think about it. Just drop it in and spin...
I have not tried the PB cap but have tried a similar bubble cap that works great on my 30 mm liger. It is a little more on the flimsier side but for $16.99 im loving it. It is producing milker and longer rips than my storm cell ever did. https://dankstop.com/collections/dabbers-and-carb-caps/products/dankstop-ball-style-quartz-carb-cap

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Texan Dabbed,

n473isme

@Danksta Yes sir, as soon as I got it in February I emailed with Josh and he said that it "was normal" for it to have a gap around it and to spin. At that time I had not noticed the lifting, most likely because of the cap I was using at the time. It is a random fumed one from a local shop that was a bit less restrictive than a @chadbro terp trunk.

@toros23 The terp trunk is the one that can make it float. I only just noticed it this past week when I've been trying to see if I want a bubble cap sooner than later and trying to look through the terp trunk every time. Again I have the 20 so it's not a lot of viewing room but It's still very noticeable.

@damm I have had not problems q-tipping it clean so I have actually had very little build up even though it seems to produce quite a bit of reclaim.

Right now I am thinking grade 2 titanium wire would be the best shim but 28 gauge is the lowest I've seen yet, and it may even be better to get a larger diameter and hammer it flat for more heat transfer surface but I am not done searching yet.

n473isme,

toros23

I have not tried the PB cap but have tried a similar bubble cap that works great on my 30 mm liger. It is a little more on the flimsier side but for $16.99 im loving it. It is producing milker and longer rips than my storm cell ever did. https://dankstop.com/collections/dabbers-and-carb-caps/products/dankstop-ball-style-quartz-carb-cap

Great find, that one looks perfect for 30mm and you can't beat the price. PB cap also feels pretty flimsy, so doubt your missing anything. I only tried the PB because the place near me got a big drop (50mm for $1K+, insane price IMO) and had bunch of 20mm caps leftover.

toros23,

Mig710

I looked about 30 minutes ago and could have ordered one. Just got home and looked again and it's sold out. Damnit!
Maybe it was too good to be true. My quartz insert I recieved not too long ago cracked on me before I was able to test it with the cap. Unfortunately I've been stuck with titanium since I've recieved my cap. Just for shits and giggles I placed my cracked insert in to see if the cap would clear and it does not seal with an insert in:bang:. Without an insert it works wonderfully. Sorry for the false alarm.
Although it may still work for the 20 mm...having the smaller diameter will raise it significantly not allowing it to touch the insert.

Last edited:
Mig710,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Maybe it was too good to be true. My quartz insert I recieved not too long ago cracked on me before I was able to test it with the cap. Unfortunately I've been stuck with titanium since I've recieved my cap. Just for shits and giggles I placed my cracked insert in to see if the cap would clear and it does not seal with an insert in:bang:. Without an insert it works wonderfully. Sorry for the false alarm.
What causes it to not seal? Does it sit so low in the bucket that the cap actually sits on the insert?

Texan Dabbed,

damm

This is the Hurricane cap or Storm? Hurricane cap doesn't sit with some of the attachments... i'm sure if i retracted the dish a bit (dunno?) maybe it wouldn't

the scoop looked really nice but I never bothered making it work

damm,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
This is the Hurricane cap or Storm? Hurricane cap doesn't sit with some of the attachments... i'm sure if i retracted the dish a bit (dunno?) maybe it wouldn't

the scoop looked really nice but I never bothered making it work
Neither. The quartz bubble cap he posted the link to a few posts up.

Texan Dabbed,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Finally got a tracking number for my supposed quartz dish swap. Hoping I'll get both quartz and SiC despite having not yet received the quartz.

Marihuana,

Gn0sis

Been a while since I got my first Terp Trunk. Finally ready to give the verdict that they are pretty awesome. In fact, I liked it so much, I got a couple one of a kind millies with the prototype directional dot directly from Chad.

They definitely blow the Storm Cell out of the water. The seal is way better and I can lower the temps by up to 20F on the controller while getting just as milky, but noticeably tastier hits with the Terp Trunk.

Unfortunately, one of the millies is just a bit too small to get a good seal on the 30mm, so I'm putting it up in the classifieds at cost + dabber in case anyone with a 20mm wants a one of a kind ChadBro cap.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Does this guy chad have an online store?
I'm not on Instagram, is there any other way to buy one?

The one you posted in the classifieds looks slicker than goose shit, but I kinda prefer clear caps to better see what is going on.

FlyingLow,

Gn0sis

Does this guy chad have an online store?
I'm not on Instagram, is there any other way to buy one?

The one you posted in the classifieds looks slicker than goose shit, but I kinda prefer clear caps to better see what is going on.

you can pick up the regular ones from several retailers like Marihuana pointed out, but the directional dots won't be available until 7/10. you can only get those directly from Chad once in a while whenever he feels like selling one or two.

Gn0sis,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I know the carb cap makes a huge difference. I love my CCA caps and they cloud up nicely. I just find I like some other designs to play with too. I have A LOT, like over 20 caps that work with the Liger. The chad bro is great but I have others I like better (I feel the air hits the sidewall instead of the bucket bottom this lifts the bucket on a hard pull) And the Redtail glass ( non directional so it blasts the air straight down to the surface, works very well). Plus another 20 that work quite well with the Ligers, especially the 20mm.
Well I just got the $5 directional cap from DH Gate and it works VERY WELL with the 20mm and the 16mm! No shit lol It may work better that all of my $50-$100 caps :rofl: I mean I wish it was thicker, it's paper thin but it's angled just enough to hit the edge of the bucket and the restriction is nice. I'm sure they aren't that consistent and they all might not be this great but for $3 this thing is the TITS !

http://www.dhgate.com/product/universal-colored-glass-ufo-carb-cap-hat/397172937.html

JMM7MXn.jpg

Zx4fo3o.jpg

o1LBupC.jpg

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Good find. Dab Lab has some terp trunks in stock if anyone is looking.

I got a shipping notice from CCA and the tracking has delivery scheduled for Saturday. I originally ordered SiC for my 30. Got the nail without the insert. Switched to quartz. Got the refund for the $10 switching fee, but no word since until the shipping. Fascinated to see what actually arrives and will keep folks posted.

Texan Dabbed,

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
Right now I am thinking grade 2 titanium wire would be the best shim but 28 gauge is the lowest I've seen yet, and it may even be better to get a larger diameter and hammer it flat for more heat transfer surface but I am not done searching yet.

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/p...ls/fixed-gage-standards/Thickness-Gages/667-4

these are quality tempered steel, should be no health issues at e-nail temps. I've never noticed anything as far as affecting taste.
0.004" thick works for me. it's not real tight, the springiness of the tempered steel helps to hold it in place.
it improves the heat transfer to the dish and makes q-tipping real easy. :)

Brown

So I've been using the liger for a couple days now, I can't seem to get the performance I want out of it. I have a high5 20mm enail and before the liger I was using it with a quartz banger. I'm finding the liger significantly less milky than the quartz. I was running the quartz at 615, the liger is at 670 and still not getting the same results.

I did search back through this thread, spread the coil which helped a little bit.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I could do to make this work a little better?

Brown,

Shatterdad

Since it seems that I'm one of the few who went the 16mm bucket route would the 20mm bubble caps suggested fit on the 16mm bucket?? I've had really bad luck buying properly fitting caps so first hand experience would be amazing ! Thanks for the help!!

Shatterdad,

Danksta

Looks like everyone got forced the 16mm route.

My updated ticket now says they are out of stock of everything but the 16mm.

I paid for a 20mm and was sent a 16mm bucket and SiC insert. I have NO coil for this. I am NOT spending more money to use it.

They should have clarified the good SiC that came in was 16mm.

Oh and now the 20mm quartz I had switched to is OOS so I can't switch back.

Total shit show.

Stop getting my hopes up, only to shatter them. I'm about done with this company.

Danksta,
Top Bottom