CCA Liger banger V3.0

toros23

So I've been using the liger for a couple days now, I can't seem to get the performance I want out of it. I have a high5 20mm enail and before the liger I was using it with a quartz banger. I'm finding the liger significantly less milky than the quartz. I was running the quartz at 615, the liger is at 670 and still not getting the same results.

I did search back through this thread, spread the coil which helped a little bit.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I could do to make this work a little better?

Sounds like an issue with the carb cap. What kind of cap are you using?

toros23,

Brown

Sounds like an issue with the carb cap. What kind of cap are you using?
Hurricane cap!
I was looking at videos and noticed some people run there coils flipped the opposite way, I did this and it made a huge difference, I'm much happier now.

Brown,
Reactions: toros23

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Looks like everyone got forced the 16mm route.

Total shit show.

Sorry to hear that. I feel how frustrating it is to have dealt with this for so long, but I'm sure you'll get squared away if you bring the confusion to Josh's attention. I just received my flat coil SiC dish and am currently reassembling my nail. Didn't come with quartz though (not like I wanted it in the first place).

Any of y'all using a HighFive controller with a 30mm and SiC? Haven't quite found my personal sweet spot and would like to know what (controller) temps you guys are running.

Last edited:
Marihuana,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Sorry to hear that. I feel how frustrating it is to have dealt with this for so long, but I'm sure you'll get squared away if you bring the confusion to Josh's attention. I just received my flat coil SiC dish and am currently reassembling my nail. Didn't come with quartz though (not like I wanted it in the first place).

Any of y'all using a HighFive controller with a 30mm and SiC? Haven't quite found my personal sweet spot and would like to know what (controller) temps you guys are running.

I'm using a High5 basic and a 30 bucket. Received my SiC insert today. No quartz, oh well. Just fired it up to 650 using a quartz bubble cap and was pretty damn impressed. Not sure where the sweet spot is but I can't be far.

Texan Dabbed,
Reactions: Marihuana

damm

I'm using a High5 basic and a 30 bucket. Received my SiC insert today. No quartz, oh well. Just fired it up to 650 using a quartz bubble cap and was pretty damn impressed. Not sure where the sweet spot is but I can't be far.

Should be able to aim a bit lower with SiC as it transfers the heat better to your concentrate. You don't loose a lot of heat going from Titanium into SiC; where you loose a bit with Quartz.

Not exactly perfect as this is different equipment but you can get a basic idea of the temp with this calc.. http://www.d-nail.com/info/calculator/ or get your own K Type Thermocouples and figure it out

damm,

TheGlobfather

So does anybody know if this so called "Josh" is still alive? It's starting to seem like the "he always replies, always" theory isn't the case anymore. Have been waiting more than 2 months for just a quartz insert? Cmon. Emailed him a couple times 3 weeks ago and still no reply. Love the liger and everything but man..... miss the customer service that I once received in January.

TheGlobfather,

damm

So does anybody know if this so called "Josh" is still alive? It's starting to seem like the "he always replies, always" theory isn't the case anymore. Have been waiting more than 2 months for just a quartz insert? Cmon. Emailed him a couple times 3 weeks ago and still no reply. Love the liger and everything but man..... miss the customer service that I once received in January.

You need to pm @mrbonsai420 at this point I suspect. Something fell through the cracks and now someone has to pickup the mess and make it right for you.

Good luck

damm,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Should be able to aim a bit lower with SiC as it transfers the heat better to your concentrate. You don't loose a lot of heat going from Titanium into SiC; where you loose a bit with Quartz.

Not exactly perfect as this is different equipment but you can get a basic idea of the temp with this calc.. http://www.d-nail.com/info/calculator/ or get your own K Type Thermocouples and figure it out
I've got to say, I was pretty skeptical of the benefit of SiC relative to Ti, but I'm a believer. Definitely a better taste, easier to keep clean, and I feel that the potency is higher. The wait is pretty damn annoying, I have to admit.

Texan Dabbed,
Reactions: Marihuana

damm

I've got to say, I was pretty skeptical of the benefit of SiC relative to Ti, but I'm a believer. Definitely a better taste, easier to keep clean, and I feel that the potency is higher. The wait is pretty damn annoying, I have to admit.
How long do you wait?

damm,

carini

Still no tracking updates or messages from Mr. Bonsai or Josh. Pretty lame. Ruined any good vibe I had for this company. Empty promises.

carini,

damm

My bad. I usually heat it to 620 on my High5 and let it sit for a few minutes, but still playing around with it.

Damn that's pretty high (to me) I haven't used a SiC insert on my flat coil banger but that seems extremely high. But maybe that's required to get the SiC heated up enough to transfer the heat properly

Your dabs vaporize almost immediately I assume and the SiC just wiks it in?

damm,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
You're probably right. I'm only on day 2 so will keep creeping it down. I get pretty complete vaporization and I'm using some fairly low quality bho. I don't pay too much attention to the number on the screen because of all the other variables at play. I never more than hand tighten the retaining nut and never modified the shape of my coil. Either way, it's pretty bad ass.

For cleaning, I second the enail at 250 with just enough water to fill the bottom of the bucket. After it boils off you'll be almost new with a couple qtips if you keep up with it.

Texan Dabbed,

Danksta

What's the purpose of a ticket support system if the company doesn't use it?

I'm following the new protocol and using the ticket system and getting the same results.

Here's the support ticket that was updated after the unit shipped

Insert Update as of 4/10/17:

Sapphire: both Flat Coil & 20mm are IN STOCK

SiC: Most recent batch received had to be rejected due to not meeting specs. Supplier is confident that they found the issue and a solution. More are already on the way and hopefully they will be here next week. Praying that this batch is up to your & my standard of high quality!

16mm – IN STOCK

20mm – OUT OF STOCK

Flat Coil – OUT OF STOCK

Quartz: Most recent batch received had to be rejected due to not meeting specs. A small number were shipped out before the problem was seen (if you received one of these defective Quartz you will be receiving a replacement guaranteed) Still in an active investigation, in partnership with the supplier; updates will be given as soon as possible.

16mm – IN STOCK

20mm – OUT OF STOCK

Flat Coil – OUT OF STOCK

The way I read this everything but the 16mm is out of stock and that must be why he sent me a 16mm instead of my 20mm. Still waiting for a reply to get to the bottom of this.

I feel the support ticket system is already being manipulated. This update was not done on the 10th like it says but closer to 4/13.

Very strange way of doing business.

Last edited:
Danksta,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
What's the purpose of a ticket support system if the company doesn't use it?

I'm following the new protocol and using the ticket system and getting the same results.

Here's the support ticket that was updated after the unit shipped

The way I read this everything but the 16mm is out of stock and that must be why he sent me a 16mm instead of my 20mm. Still waiting for a reply to get to the bottom of this.

I feel the support ticket system is already being manipulated. This update was not done on the 10th like it says but closer to 4/13.

Very strange way of doing business.

Oh nooo....I'm hoping this is not a regular thing with Liger and that your issue is resolved happily. :huh:

I've been researching e-nails for about a year now and finally decided to go with them based on the many reasons most of us appreciate. Those I found to be, quality, performance, options, taste, usability and healthful materials.

Why so much research? Well I'm a true fan of reaping the full potential of my herbs/concentrates. This for me consists of the following: Efficiency/extraction/ uptake, flavor, non-toxic materials, quality of construction and lastly customer service. :rockon:

I've yet to read the entire v2.0 thread completely and this one but I'm currently working on it. Sorry, but I was Waaay off the grid for awhile but now I'm back with a vengeance. So, that being said this is for me the first oddity or concern I've noticed someone brought up about potential tomfoolery. I'm hoping this is just one of those rare occasions when things just got mixed up and nothing more. In which case is totally understandable. Would anyone care to sound off about this all in the name of helping a GREENHORN E-NAIL NOOBER?!:razz:

I'm no slouch or stranger when it comes to dabbing but I've always been with friends who've owned there own rigs/skillets/nails. However they all do that torch thing. I can see the novelty behind it and understand it's much faster from start to dab face slap.

However I've found it's not cutting it for me, because many of the different concentrates respond better to different temps. Just knowing that I realize I'm missing out on the overall all experience, effects, aromas and good googly-moogly that yummy yummy flavor! :mmmm: Things not so much controlled by blasting a nail until it's white hot, waiting a few and scorching off your dab hits. Honestly I could also do without the torch noise because it drowns out my mood music and I just can't have that. :freak:

Thanks for reading and I'm excited to join this round table of dabbing knights!
Oh, and I plan on using the Liger with the Hex-Nail and their coils for what I believe to be the perfect combination for a Top-Shelf setup. Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

ReggieHaze

So I just got my 20mm set up in and I must say I am quite satisfied. it was supposed to come with quartz because of the sic situation but because I was waiting so long for my 30mm and the quartz is out of stock he sent me a sic dish for BOTH! I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least. the only problem is now it's that much more apparent how lackluster my current carb caps performance is. I've been thinking of getting a nice bubble cap but I'm not sure where to get it from or how much to spend or if I should even get a bubble cap as opposed to a flat disk. I know this has already been talked about alot recently but I'm super indecisive so I would love suggestions.

Danksta

Oh nooo....I'm hoping this is not a regular thing with Liger and that your issue is resolved happily. :huh:

I've been researching e-nails for about a year now and finally decided to go with them based on the many reasons most of us appreciate. Those I found to be, quality, performance, options, taste, usability and healthful materials.

Why so much research? Well I'm a true fan of reaping the full potential of my herbs/concentrates. This for me consists of the following: Efficiency/extraction/ uptake, flavor, non-toxic materials, quality of construction and lastly customer service. :rockon:

I've yet to read the entire v2.0 thread completely and this one but I'm currently working on it. Sorry, but I was Waaay off the grid for awhile but now I'm back with a vengeance. So, that being said this is for me the first oddity or concern I've noticed someone brought up about potential tomfoolery. I'm hoping this is just one of those rare occasions when things just got mixed up and nothing more. In which case is totally understandable. Would anyone care to sound off about this all in the name of helping a GREENHORN E-NAIL NOOBER?!:razz:

I'm no slouch or stranger when it comes to dabbing but I've always been with friends who've owned there own rigs/skillets/nails. However they all do that torch thing. I can see the novelty behind it and understand it's much faster from start to dab face slap.

However I've found it's not cutting it for me, because many of the different concentrates respond better to different temps. Just knowing that I realize I'm missing out on the overall all experience, effects, aromas and good googly-moogly that yummy yummy flavor! :mmmm: Things not so much controlled by blasting a nail until it's white hot, waiting a few and scorching off your dab hits. Honestly I could also do without the torch noise because it drowns out my mood music and I just can't have that. :freak:

Thanks for reading and I'm excited to join this round table of dabbing knights!
Oh, and I plan on using the Liger with the Hex-Nail and their coils for what I believe to be the perfect combination for a Top-Shelf setup. Cheers! :cheers:

Just to clarify it's just my opinion that some half truths along the way and now these ticket updates haven't been truly honest. Not all of his excuses add up, he gives different ones to other people, etc. I'm a recovering addict and can spot dishonesty a mile away.

Call it lying, call it PR, it's just getting maddening.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I've been thinking of getting a nice bubble cap but I'm not sure where to get it from or how much to spend or if I should even get a bubble cap as opposed to a flat disk.

I'm not aware of many 30mm bubble caps (Chad Bro has made some but you'd have to dig through instagram to find someone selling one) but if you want your cap to work on both your 30mm and 20mm I'd suggest the terp trunk. Just got mine today and it's giving me much fuller and more robust vaporization at lower temperatures than CCA's Hurricane. It's a shame CCA's caps don't quite deliver, because the entire purpose of SiC is to see how low on the temperature dial you can go.

damm

I'm not aware of many 30mm bubble caps (Chad Bro has made some but you'd have to dig through instagram to find someone selling one) but if you want your cap to work on both your 30mm and 20mm I'd suggest the terp trunk. Just got mine today and it's giving me much fuller and more robust vaporization at lower temperatures than CCA's Hurricane. It's a shame CCA's caps don't quite deliver, because the entire purpose of SiC is to see how low on the temperature dial you can go.
I thought it was the flavor; the way it transfers heat beautifully and so on and so on..

damm,

damm

This post has gotten a bit quiet (no posts since Monday) so I figured i'd ask a horrible question.

I've used iso and hot iso bath and cold iso and scrubbed the best I could without breaking it; but my gosh it's so gnarly I think it's starting to get a life of it's own.

Best to put it out to pasture right? bury it 500 feet deep at least to ensure no animals find it.

Lh40oQu.jpg

r4bFUKx.jpg

damm,

damm

...how long you had that man?

I stopped using it earlier this month so I guess that makes it about 60-days? To be honest I had some rosin that was using bad parchment paper and the product had gotten pressed into the parchment... so that's where it started and from there I know the rest... not high enough temps and it would puddle and if I sucked too hard it would get stuck around the insert and burn

damm,
Top Bottom