CCA Liger banger V3.0

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thank you very much, Sir! Thought I would never get an answer ;)
What's the diameter of your custom cap (bubble cap?) for the 30mm?

Hogni,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Thank you very much, Sir! Thought I would never get an answer ;)
What's the diameter of your custom cap (bubble cap?) for the 30mm?
I don't have calipers so can't say for sure, but I'd guess somewhere around 35. There is a picture somewhere much earlier in the thread with a tentacle-themed cap just like mine. I like mine and have been using it, but also planning to try a Chad Bros terp turner one of these days...

Texan Dabbed,
Reactions: Hogni

toros23

Most of the PB-style caps I've seen are 23-27mm in diameter, which means they sit fine on the 20mm bucket but are too small for the 30. I have a 30 and got @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make me a custom cap for mine. It's all about the size. As long as you're dealing with a sphere it doesn't have to be the "perfect size", just big enough to cover the bucket.

Can't speak for other sizes, but the PB 20mm fits the Liger 20mm bucket perfectly. After several days with the bubble cap, no way I am going back to any of the other caps. It's perfect.

n473isme

With everyone talking about what cap works best and no one having mentioned it yet... does anyone's insert come off the bottom surface of the bucket and hover and spin around inside the bucket while capped?

I have a 20mm bucket with SiC insert and I am using a @chadbro terp trunk and although it does not happen every time it definitely happens frequently.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
FYI, Top quality SIC just landed. If you are waiting for an insert it will be going out this week. Sorry for all of the back and forth. Now all of you that had to switch to a quartz, had a broken quartz, or were waiting on SiC should all be taken care of. I'll keep you posted and tie up any loose ends after he fulfills the rest of the orders.

Rabbi

Liger came in yesterday. We're still getting acquainted...

MD1LWWZ.jpg

The old Ti dish (source orb) vs 16mm SIC. All a matter of perspective I guess, but the new dish seems massive to me. :)

UrA0cRk.jpg

Last edited:

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
FYI, Top quality SIC just landed. If you are waiting for an insert it will be going out this week. Sorry for all of the back and forth. Now all of you that had to switch to a quartz, had a broken quartz, or were waiting on SiC should all be taken care of. I'll keep you posted and tie up any loose ends after he fulfills the rest of the orders.
So help me here. SiC was back ordered for months so I get an offer for a reduced quartz insert, which I didn't really want but whatever. Can I now get the SiC I originally ordered instead since now the quartz is jacked?

Texan Dabbed,
Reactions: Marihuana

carini

So help me here. SiC was back ordered for months so I get an offer for a reduced quartz insert, which I didn't really want but whatever. Can I now get the SiC I originally ordered instead since now the quartz is jacked?

This, my quartz cracked in one second under a flame. It wasn't quartz...

carini,

damm

Ah well there isn't going to be any SiC in stock last I read with the exception of 16mm. If you need a 30mm SiC insert maybe you can find someone willing to part with theirs. It will be a few months until he has things situated.

This, my quartz cracked in one second under a flame. It wasn't quartz...

What kind of flame are we talking about here? lighter or butane torch? single flame or a larger torch for a rig normally?

Last edited:
damm,

Danksta

Does this mean I will be getting the SiC I had originally ordered? I have no interest in the quartz. I only made the switch so my stuff would ship. Please clarify the situation. I'm sure there are others who switched to quartz and really wanted SiC originally.

BTW Thanks for implementing the ticket system. :clap:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Does this mean I will be getting the SiC I had originally ordered? I have no interest in the quartz. I only made the switch so my stuff would ship. Please clarify the situation. I'm sure there are others who switched to quartz and really wanted SiC originally.

BTW Thanks for implementing the ticket system. :clap:

Yes, you get a Sic, everyone waiting on a SIC will whether you upgraded to sapphire, or switched to quartz. you will be getting a SIC in good faith even if you already got your other insert. That's the plan anyway just to say we are sorry for all of the confusion. It's tough when you rely upon other people and companies to follow through.

Danksta

Yes, you get a Sic, everyone waiting on a SIC will whether you upgraded to sapphire, or switched to quartz. you will be getting a SIC in good faith even if you already got your other insert. That's the plan anyway just to say we are sorry for all of the confusion. It's tough when you rely upon other people and companies to follow through.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very excited!!! :rockon:

Danksta,

mtnbike420

Is there any additional/leftover 30mm sic going to be available? I cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago when I was told it was going to be a 6 month wait.

mtnbike420,

toros23

I placed my order for a 30mm bucket and sic dish on 11/25. If I would have been quoted 2 more weeks instead of 6 months I would have been more patient.

Wow, that is quite a wait. That really sucks, hopefully they move you back to the front of the line. Definitely understandable you would want to cancel after so long and I would not really call that impatient (no offense @Hogni ).

toros23,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
No offense by mine too, just a kind of black humour ;)

6 months...unbelievable!

Let's hope all issues will soon be cleared and everything is going the right way again.

Hogni,
Reactions: toros23

MinnBobber

Hello.
In case anyone's interested or wondering,...the new mobius carb caps work exceptionally well w/ the 20mm buckets...and they're not too expensive.
....................................................................................
I looked for these and the one site was sold out so didn't even list the price :(
How much are they please?
Mobius_-_Directional_Crucible_Cap_-_8_1024x1024.JPG

MinnBobber,

toros23

....................................................................................
I looked for these and the one site was sold out so didn't even list the price :(
How much are they please?

If you can splurge $80 for the PB 20mm bubble cap, I promise you would not regret it. I know it seems like a ton of money for a tiny little quartz cap, but it makes the 20mm so enjoyable to use and increases efficiency over any other cap I have tried.

The air intake at the bottom of the bubble cap extends down to the inner top edge of the insert and forces air across every part of the dish surface. Because of the length of the stem on the bottom of the cap, the incoming air does not go directly under the bucket, it is forced to hit the top of the dish first. My other caps with shorter stems are less effective and I think it is because the air is being forced to the sides of the titanium bucket and then under the dish instead of directly onto the dish surface. I think someone at one point mentioned their insert was hovering and spinning using some other cap and I think this is probably not ideal.

Another added benefit is not having to think about cap placement. With the bubble cap, it sits down inside the bucket and makes a perfect seal without ever having to think about it. Just drop it in and spin...

MinnBobber

@toros23 ,
Thanks.

Can anyone draw/post a diagram of what the PB vs other caps do? The airflow routes etc.
I think I get your post but pics would help.

MinnBobber,

n473isme

@toros23 I am definitely concerned about the efficiency of heat transfer while my dish is floating and/or spinning. So much so now I am investigating where I can get a shim out of a material that I don't have to worry about being hazardous. Did you experience the floating insert before moving to the bubble cap?

BTW: after more "experimenting" I can make the insert float and/or spin everytime I dab.

n473isme,
Top Bottom