CCA Liger banger V3.0

Brown

I got a response last night from "CCA710 Team". Same ambiguous "it will ship soon" response, with no information they didn't already give me, they said I'd hear from them next week so hopefully I'm actually contacted and I don't have to chase them.

Brown,

Danksta

I got a response last night from "CCA710 Team". Same ambiguous "it will ship soon" response, with no information they didn't already give me, they said I'd hear from them next week so hopefully I'm actually contacted and I don't have to chase them.

Is that cryptic msg their way of saying nothing is getting shipped this week? :bang:

Danksta,

Brown

What they said was I'd hear from them end of this week or beginning of next with an update. So fingers crossed it's this week!

Brown,

Seanstuffy

Looked at my ig just now an josh has informed me the 20mm buckets Came in yesterday everyone! So lets hope they get out soon an aint a hold up like @Rabbi has been having for no reason!

Last edited:

ItWasaGoodDre

I still regularly use my d-nail SiC and Sapphire halos. I use my Liger Sapphire too as can obviously be seen here lol, but it will never replace my halos overall for the above reasons :2c: I especially would never bring my liger/bubble cap combo out of the house. I would not let anybody else handle the bubble cap at all due to breakage risk.

The Liger remains a great nail, one of the best! IMO it just doesn't quite dethrone the halos, which have held that throne for a long time now.

Thankfully no, I have been very conscious of this danger though, so I make sure to move my carb airflow so that it does not blow any material over the sides of the inserts.

Nope, I had something much more custom done to match something special. Those Chadbro caps look great too! If I had a 20mm liger, I'd buy one of the OG pukinbeagle caps to show some love to the originator of the design. I think that PB doesn't get enough cred sometimes

Chad regularly gives credit to Pukinbeagle for the design. Pretty sure they contract out to him for some of their bubble caps as well. I would highly recommend picking up one of his bubble caps if you are at all worried about breakage, maybe as your travel cap. I have dropped mine on my tile floor more than a few times with no scratches. For $30 bucks its seriously unbeatable.

ItWasaGoodDre,

herbivore21

Chad regularly gives credit to Pukinbeagle for the design. Pretty sure they contract out to him for some of their bubble caps as well. I would highly recommend picking up one of his bubble caps if you are at all worried about breakage, maybe as your travel cap. I have dropped mine on my tile floor more than a few times with no scratches. For $30 bucks its seriously unbeatable.
I appreciate the suggestion bro, but my d-nail halos are better for travel purposes than my liger for other reasons (the Liger is huge and effects centre of gravity on small travel rigs which can cause it to tip, the liger is also a PITA to assemble/disassemble for travel vs the halos as it has more parts and requires additional tools for proper assembly). :peace:

As I said above though and as you also suggest, the Chadbro caps will be great idea for folks in most other situations who have a Liger and would like to improve function :D

It is also wonderful to hear that Chad gives that credit. I am very much about giving props to the innovators in our industry and it is nice to see folks in the industry recognizing each other's contributions like that. Kudos to Chad for doing so. :tup:

Mig710

Which website are you guys seeing the the bubble caps for $30?

Mig710,

carini

I have not gotten a response to 2-3 emails now regarding replacement for a quartz insert that was cracked on the first day of use. Mr. bonsai said i will be getting one soon but have no emails from josh to support that or any confirmation really. Great product, absolutely shit customer service. I don't care if it's a one man band, don't take orders until you can fix the ones you already have.

DatFire

Wut happened to dat skunk?
I'm truly sorry that other folks had a similar experience to myself. Had I not got so GD mad earlier maybe people would have taken my words more seriously.

That being said, I ain't here to burn the guy down. I mean fix yer s@#$ bra, but... but...

The 20 with a good cap is hands down the most efficient nail out there. The SiC has something to do with it for sure. But the SiC Halo don't even come close to the Liger IMO though. I don't do sappire (i drop shit). And no melt. (I hate it; tastes like a roach; no offense). I mean for solvent stuff or the high end rosin.

The SiC Halo is awesome, but the sic 20 Liger is on another level. I have a sic 30 but don't have anything good to say about it. The taste off the 20 isn't the only thing that makes the Liger DAF. My heater is 100-150 degs lower than the Halo. Run it 555-585. That makes a MASSIVE difference in how many active ingredients get degraded by heat. Yeah it takes longer to finish the d but it takes way less gas to getcha where your going. I just use way way way less.

The Liger also holds a lot of heat, so the d finishes completely. I find that some concentrates, especially sativs, need more heat, indies and rosin less, hence my temperature range above.

My setup: Auber RDK 20mm stretched and tightened, Rawlins banger hanger, dropdown, stinger with finger saver screwed on for dabber (works DAF), chad bro terp trunk (what up Dre) cap.

Im good with this setup and won't be looking to upgrade or buy anymore caps or inserts and shit for a long minute (I hope). All the people waiting for stuff, I'm still that boat too. fuvk it im out peace

Last edited:

damm

I'm truly sorry that other folks had a similar experience to myself. Had I not got so GD mad earlier maybe people would have taken my words more seriously.

That being said, I ain't here to burn the guy down. I mean fix yer s@#$ bra, but... but...

The 20 with a good cap is hands down the most efficient nail out there. The SiC has something to do with it for sure. But the SiC Halo don't even come close to the Liger IMO though. I don't do sappire (i drop shit). And no melt. (I hate it; tastes like a roach; no offense). I mean for solvent stuff or the high end rosin.

The SiC Halo is awesome, but the sic 20 Liger is on another level. I have a sic 30 but don't have anything good to say it. The taste off the 20 isn't the only thing that makes the Liger DAF. My heater is 100-150 degs lower than the Halo. Run it 555-585. That makes a MASSIVE difference in how many active ingredients get degraded by heat. Yeah it takes longer to finish the d but it takes way less gas to getcha where your going. I just use way way way less.

The Liger also holds a lot of heat, so the d finishes completely. I find that some concentrates, especially sativs, need more heat, indies and rosin less, hence my temperature range above.

My setup: Auber RDK 20mm stretched and tightened, Rawlins banger hanger, dropdown, stinger with finger saver screwed on for dabber (works DAF), chad bro terp trunk (what up Dre) cap.

Im good with this setup and won't be looking to upgrade or buy anymore caps or inserts and shit for a long minute (I hope). All the people waiting for stuff, I'm still that boat too. fuvk it im out peace

You really cannot compare the Halo Flat coil to the Liger Banger flat coil. You attach the flat coil underneath the SiC and have the washers in the appropriate places. There's no Titanium inbetween

Titanium transfers heat better than SiC but I suspect with it inbetween you may have to crank it up a little hotter to compensate for having to transfer the heat from titanium to the sic.

530 on SiC is 475-477 where as with the Quartz (same setup) would be at 392-420. Titanium according to should be a little hotter around 484-490'ish

That's using http://www.d-nail.com/info/calculator/

damm,
Reactions: Rabbi

DatFire

You really cannot compare the Halo Flat coil to the Liger Banger flat coil./QUOTE]
When I first got on this train, I was looking for an upgrade from a Sic Halo. The 30 wasn't it. The 20 is the real ticket ONLY with a proper cap. Not that 5 lb space needle bs or that 2 lb piston nonsense. Glass is better anyway bc of the view.

BTW the idab terp turner is more restrictive than bro's trunk. It still works but not like the trunk. I can't use the bubble caps bc the threads on my bucket or intake or both are all wacky doodle and I had to screw it atw into the bucket. I actually think it catches vapor better that way when using the trunk. IDK really bc I can't go back. Try wack and you can't go back.

But thats the 20, the light from DAbove, the god of the dab blue sea, like a dab after Noah's flood, the annunaki hit this last night with me and thats why they haven't turned us all into slaves, etc, etc, etc NOT those other junkers

Last edited:

toros23

I believe you may find the stem going down into the bucket to be perhaps a bit too long?

I just got my 20mm PB bubble cap and it fits perfectly on the 20mm liger bucket. The only issue is that you have to make sure the air intake threads do not stick out inside the bucket or the bubble will not make a seal. The stem at the bottom of the bubble cap is actually perfect length and can move around in a circular motion freely. Will be testing extensively later....

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@DatFire

I'm really sorry man, but I have a real hard time wrapping my head around/believing the idea that you are/were running the SiC halo 150 hotter than the Liger with a SiC insert? The halo is direct SiC to coil contact.

The liger is through the titanium bucket and into the SiC insert.

Any way you look at it, running the liger at a lower temp than the halo doesn't make a lot of logical sense.

Elaborate?

seaofgreens,

OC513

Dabaholic
Gentleman with all this talk of different caps that work great I must say that either I got VERY lucky or maybe your tolerances are off a bit but the Storm Cell cap is the most restrictive cap I have ever used. My 20mm seals up like a vault when I cap it. I have 2 different bubble caps from old quartz bangers and they work well just not as well as the storm cell. This has me scratching my head as there are so many complaints about the CCA caps and my experience has been the exact opposite. My dabber stays in the cap securely, I can spin the cap with the dabber and it NEVER comes loose. I never see any wisps of vapor leaving my bucket when the cap is on. I wish everyone could come hit my Liger once and let me know if they feel the same or think I am nuts. I couldnt be happier with mine (except I do wish the dabber was longer). Hopefully Josh will get it all sorted where everyone has the same experience as I am having with his caps. just my $.02.

Danksta

Gentleman with all this talk of different caps that work great I must say that either I got VERY lucky or maybe your tolerances are off a bit but the Storm Cell cap is the most restrictive cap I have ever used. My 20mm seals up like a vault when I cap it. I have 2 different bubble caps from old quartz bangers and they work well just not as well as the storm cell. This has me scratching my head as there are so many complaints about the CCA caps and my experience has been the exact opposite. My dabber stays in the cap securely, I can spin the cap with the dabber and it NEVER comes loose. I never see any wisps of vapor leaving my bucket when the cap is on. I wish everyone could come hit my Liger once and let me know if they feel the same or think I am nuts. I couldnt be happier with mine (except I do wish the dabber was longer). Hopefully Josh will get it all sorted where everyone has the same experience as I am having with his caps. just my $.02.

The Storm cell CAN be really nice if Josh tests the cap with the bucket before he ships it. The bucket and cap have to be perfectly machined in order to get a proper seal.

Glass caps just work best. The Ti has to be machined just right for the Storm to work. Mine works really nice but still doesn't hold a candle to the Terp Trunk or The Riptide caps.

Personally, I'd scrape the R&D money on these caps and focus on the bucket/inserts.

DatFire

@DatFire

Any way you look at it, running the liger at a lower temp than the halo doesn't make a lot of logical sense.

Elaborate?

I'm not the first person to make that claim. Nor am I an engineer or a scientist, so I can't give a technical gobbldy goo explaination. The Liger 20 retains more heat bc of all the extra Ti. That heat gets released during a D. The Halo only has the dish and coil to retain heat. Once the dish cools from a D the coil must heat the dish back up, which enail coils ain't too fast at. Liger 10-15 degs drop; Halo 15-30. 2LOT-heat spreads.

DatFire,

DatFire

Well, the cap issues seem to be with the 30mm folks. The 20mm seems to be great as is.
No, there are defective 20 buckets that prevent the storm from sealing. At least that's the latest story I was told.

Oops double post

DatFire,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, while my limited experience with the halo so far has been quite different, I appreciate you sharing your experience, and will think on the idea. Maybe the bucket enclosing the insert insulates the heat more efficiently during the dab, resisting temp. drop to a better degree?

You sure you have your halo set right though? Seems weird is all. I only get about 9-11 degrees drop, bb sized dabs on average for size, and I am also set to 589 on my controller mostly, which is much lower than how you say you are using yours?

Ah, good ups man, guess there were defective 20's after all.

seaofgreens,
Reactions: shredder

DatFire

Well, while my limited experience with the halo so far has been quite different, I appreciate you sharing your experience, and will think on the idea. Maybe the bucket enclosing the insert insulates the heat more efficiently during the dab, resisting temp. drop to a better degree?

You sure you have your halo set right though? Seems weird is all. I only get about 9-11 degrees drop, bb sized dabs on average for size, and I am also set to 589 on my controller mostly, which is much lower than how you say you are using yours?

Ah, good ups man, guess there were defective 20's after all.
Huh, yeah that's interesting. At 590 the halo worked but with too much oil left over (for me). I can go into the upper 400s on the Liger with similar results. Do you wipe up much oil? I know some folks differ on the acceptable amount of oil left over. I'm only happy if there's nothing on the qtip.

Top Bottom