CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

Can you post a picture of your shroud/bucket?

Z5k37U8.jpg

Danksta,

vapewithape

:bang: I really hope I wasn't sold a beta product. I thought the delay was for the public release. Just emailed Josh for clarification.

I have a High5 coil.

I have readjusted it and spent all day fighting with it. Last night I finally got down to around 700-725 and am happier, but still not thrilled.

I do get some of the anger. This was presented differently here and on social media than what I'm getting. My experience is still not great for having spent $500+. I get this is a modable custom device, but I probably went through a half g or more yesterday trying to dial this in. While I got stoned, I was pissed off the whole day. I was honestly in a shitty mood all night. I was not expecting to have to fight so hard to get this tuned in.

Still today I feel my rig should be milking more. I don't think the dish gets hot enough to vaporize the oil as well as my cheap newvape hybrid. I've been thinking of giving up and going back to what works...which isn't the liger sadly.

I noticed it takes forever for the dab to melt off my dabber and start to bubble. The insert just can't keep a stable temp. As soon as a dab touches the sapphire I can tell it cools.

I'm willing to work with Josh and the Liger, but I gotta say I'm already eyeing a Halo...

I am already eying a different product as well

Dont understand why it's ok to send a defective product then provide no support

I sent the following email to Josh:

Hey Josh,

Here is my reply from FuckCombustion, i tried to get some help there before bugging you since I know you are busy with preorders

But i can not seems to get my Liger + High5 20 mm coil + box working properly

Please see attached description and pictures of my issue

I'm running my V3 20mm w/ SiC insert @ 660*.[/QUOTE]

Ok I am beyond frustrated

There was no manual or directions on how to install the coil or insure a tight fit

The threads on all pieces are not smooth either they need to line up just right to thread properly

Even the top portion doesnt seem to be completely threading and there seems to be a gap

Worst part about it is i am getting a burning smell coming from the middle of the bowl part and the tip of the coil portion seems to have singed black some how

Should there be a burning metal smell or some burning smell coming out of the Liger? I cleaned it and rinsed it well with ISO and hot water and let it air dry

http://i.imgur.com/ZvXuD3Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Keo9Eti.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cKOTUW8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cKOTUW8.jpg

The only response i received was that my carb cap was on the way and that was NOVEMBER 1, it is November 26 still no carb cap and still no suggestions to make the coil sit properly.

Here are so more pictures I sent to a member that shows the nail deconstructed

http://i.imgur.com/HeyQ460.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WgnPOdT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7cK23qn.jpg

Another person on this forum says that I shouldnt have ordered a replacement High5 nail without checking if my LIger was working first. Well i have been fucking checking since November 1 and nothing has been resolved or suggested.

Is Josh a member of these forums or are his employees? If so who can i contact?

Did i get the beta shroud? Bc if i did get a defective version why wasnt that recognized in the pictures i sent to Josh on November 1 which clearly showed my set up

Man it sounds like you got the beta too. Especially when we consider that you received the item before most of us. The final version shroud only just arrived with the latest titanium delivery IIRC.

I do not know. I do not work for CCA and am not a shill for them to the point that in fact, people have accused me of being a shill for their main competitor. I fucking loathe that shit. Don't call people shills just because they had a different experience to you! It breaks the rules around here (name-calling and being nice are completely opposite behaviors), the precedent has been set long before your post above. Plenty of fanboys here I'm sure (as in every single thread on this board!), but no shills.

To reiterate, the only people that had Ligers before you IIRC were beta testers who had the beta shroud which didn't sit snug with people's flat coils. The reason I asked @Danksta which coil he had and not you is because you had already mentioned the coil you have. I don't know what the cause of the problem was, but actually, with feedback from @Danksta and Josh, we can get to the bottom of it. Lack of communication is annoying, but par for the course with a small company releasing a very popular vaporizer product!

Sorry for calling people shills it just seems a little suspicious when everyone is LOVING their Liger V3 and when there are people like me and others who are hitting at 750 and barely getting any milk

Would it hurt to have a PDF file or video describing proper installation of the Liger?

Hell even some kind of message on here from Josh or his members would be great in itself

Even when there were posts about how the vendors received their Liger V3 before we did nothing was addressed in that regard either

I am going to give this a shot for one more week then sell it to my friend and let it become his problem.

Smoking wax is expensive as fuck at over $40-45 a GRAM, adding the anxiety and stupidty of getting this shit to work is making vaping wax a fucking chore and that was the whole point of losing the torch and nail to make things easier not fucking more difficult.

Now I have to make an extra trip to the post office and send BACK my original High5 Box! Pretty cool shit!

I had the same issue and it wasn't the coil, it was a lack of contact between the coil and the bucket. I had to put the temps at 900+ to get a good hit. Once I used a washer I'm back to <700.

The tilting shouldn't be a problem since you can adjust the degree of tilt anyway. One mistake I made was assuming the "bridge" of the banger had to be locked tight. It simply doesn't have to be, it can be screwed on just tight enough so that you can manipulate the tilt by hand without having to loosen the locking mechanism. It will still keep it sealed but will remain adjustable. Sometimes it's the bong not having a perfectly level area to set the nail.

Your enail is fine. It's simply not coming in full contact with your bucket. Again, mine needed to be set at 900+ at one point just to get a decent hit. If you want to cover your bases first, make sure to consult with us first before contacting enail company for full refunds.

So far it seems the issues that are occurring for you have more to do with improper contact on the bucket. Yes, a design flaw but it just shouldn't make you feel like this is the worst experience ever. I'm sorry you feel that way, I wish I were there from the beginning to help you out.

Now, you have every right to be pissed off. Why not? But don't insinuate people here are shills.... I mean seriously.

Consult with you first? Are you the owner of High5 or CCA?

I tried asking Josh no results. I tried posting on here, same thing, MAKE SURE THE COIL IS SITTING ON THE BUCKET

Well how am i supposed to do that? Shouldnt the Liger V3 WORK with the coil of a vendor that sells the fucking product themselves (confirmed by High5 as well)?

It's not like im using some odd coil and box from the middle of nowhere, this is a common brand and should work

Last edited by a moderator:
vapewithape,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

I'm back to my hybrid until this is sorted. Wasting too much oil for half the milk. This feels like an unfinished project not ready for public consumption. This goes beyond a learning curve imo. It doesn't work as claimed.

Danksta,

dizaster096

Yea this is why i waited before ordering the v3 so i get no beta parts(getting 20mm so it don't matter it seems) My v2 coil is so tight i can pick it up from coil and the banger won't even move when swinging it around lol. I am around 520F, 505F for bubble.

For people with v3 do they still have direct injection into piece and how is the air restriction compared to v2. I am more of a fan of barrel coils so much more contact on the ti vs a flat coil. :)

I never had any problems with liger and ti threading can get stuck on any brand i've had plenty of HE nails need pliers to unthread. Have had no problems contacting him through instagram.

Last edited:
dizaster096,

vapewithape

I'm back to my hybrid until this is sorted. Wasting too much oil for half the milk. This feels like an unfinished project not ready for public consumption. This goes beyond a learning curve imo. It doesn't work as claimed.

This is completely an unfinished product with no directions of how to use it and with no support what so ever.

I thought i learned my lesson before with new products but after reading about how awesome the Liger V2 was and having everyone convince me to get a V3 instead of a V2 i plunked down $217 for the Liger V3, the master skeleton cap, and the SiC insert.

I have yet to receive the master skeleton dabber set yet i processed the payment of $217 ON OCTOBER 16TH

I posted numerous times on here, emailed Josh, took pictures and loaded it to Instagram

What am i the fucking paid beta testers for this device?

You know how much fucking wax ive blown through at least $150-200 worth that didnt dab properly and i gave the fucking Hoyes nail to a friend so i literally am stuck with the Liger or nothing

Even the threading of the pieces are absolute junk. Today I had to use pliers with towels underneath to untighten each piece. The bottom disk that closes off the shroud refused to come off and I barely even tightened it down when i assembled it before, there is even a gap on the top of the shroud that I have seen is not present in other pics

The only response ive gotten from Josh is "Use a shot glass not a silicon container lid to carb it and you should be good"

The only response ive gotten here is "are you sure the coil is making connection with the Liger V3"??

I used to review vape products I had a youtube channel VapeWithApe and I received so many beta products, so many tanks and batteries that wouldnt hit the market for MONTHS. And each time the vendor worked with me to show me how it worked and made sure it was working correctly. THIS IS FOR SHIT I DIDNT PAY FOR!

Im done wasting TIME and most importantly MONEY

I remember reading about the GrassHopper issues people had, how is this different? Late shipping product, major issues in the first batch, no support. Seems like the same shit to me.

But i better shut up bc im not begin a good community member and leading to hostile discussions

This is America where you pay to play, you pay for a product with the idea that it works esp if its a specialty luxury item over $200. The Highly Educated nails can be had on sale for $125-150 all day and night and there were tons of Black Friday sales I should have just got one but like the dumb fuck i am I stayed with the Liger in hopes of not blowing another $200 on a fucking nail.

vapewithape,
:popcorn:
I have so much to add to this topic, just too stoned to type it. Short version, I'm beta, 30mm V3Sapphire user. Dnail1.3,DNAIL EXTENDED LIFE FLAT COIL, 600F DABS. SHEER SATISFACTION! Took lots of tweaking too reach these temps,but I'm Beta! Everyone is entitled to their feelings.Mine works as intended:popcorn::science:

Last edited:

vapewithape

Yea this is why i waited before ordering the v3 so i get no beta parts(getting 20mm so it don't matter it seems) My v2 coil is so tight i can pick it up from coil and the banger won't even move when swinging it around lol. I am around 520F, 505F for bubble.

For people with v3 do they still have direct injection into piece and how is the air restriction compared to v2. I am more of a fan of barrel coils so much more contact on the ti vs a flat coil. :)

520-550?

And i cant get milk at 690-750F but it's my fault, must be the coil not sitting correctly

LMFAO the jokes keep rolling in

vapewithape,

dizaster096

520-550?

And i cant get milk at 690-750F but it's my fault, must be the coil not sitting correctly

LMFAO the jokes keep rolling in

I am 20mm v2 completely different banger and coils. I never said it's your fault either. My enail is accurate and shows room temp when heater is off.

dizaster096,

vapewithape

I am 20mm v2 completely different banger and coils. I never said it's your fault either. My enail is accurate and shows room temp when heater is off.

I have a 20mm coil and a 20mm V3 banger

How much difference should it be?

If anything MY liger should work BETTER than YOURS since it is the updated NEWER and BETTER product

At this point im ready to ask Josh for a V2 bc this is straight up bullshit

vapewithape,

Monsoon

Have you guys with issues tried going higher on the temps like 800-900F? I remember when there were heat transfer issues before those temps were what people were using. In the end the temperature of the dabbing surface should be similar to that of those people getting successful 600F dabs, you're just using a higher temp to correct for the inefficiency.

My tracking updated, I should get it by Thursday at the latest.

Monsoon,
Reactions: killick

vapewithape

Have you guys with issues tried going higher on the temps like 800-900F? I remember when there were heat transfer issues before those temps were what people were using. In the end the temperature of the dabbing surface should be similar to that of those people getting successful 600F dabs, you're just using a higher temp to correct for the inefficiency.

My tracking updated, I should get it by Thursday at the latest.

the whole point of buying a Liger is to take low temp dabs

even at 750 it was burning my throat

Hey good news guys i just received my Master Skeleton Carb cap set in the mail!

Look at how beautiful it looks

http://i.imgur.com/Jv0mry7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UK38eth.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ntuUZBg.jpg

OH WAIT! :lol: :clap:

Look at those fucking scratches is this a joke? This is how a new $77 carb cap is supposed to look

I waited 26 days for this guys. :rofl::lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
vapewithape,

Danksta

the whole point of buying a Liger is to take low temp dabs

even at 750 it was burning my throat

Exactly. Same experience. 750 burned. 725 was ok, but not anything to rave about. 700 was the closet to a great tasting hit, but it wasn't fully vaporized.

That seems to be the issue. That insert will not get hot enough and maintain a temp to take a dab fast enough to finish it at a low temp.

My hybrid is way more effective atm...saddens me

Danksta,

dizaster096

I have a 20mm coil and a 20mm V3 banger

How much difference should it be?

If anything MY liger should work BETTER than YOURS since it is the updated NEWER and BETTER product

At this point im ready to ask Josh for a V2 bc this is straight up bullshit
I don't own a high5 the heating algorithm on pids are barely ever the same. On v3 20mm what temps are you using vs 30mm and how many holes are open on the carb cap?

Edit* Seems like you didn't have the cap that's gonna make a huge difference like any banger.

Last edited:
dizaster096,

vapewithape

I don't own a high5 the heating algorithm on pids are barely ever the same. On v3 20mm what temps are you using vs 30mm and how many holes are open on the carb cap?

Edit* Seems like you didn't have the cap that's gonna make a huge difference like any banger.

Josh said any cap with a hole should work esp my glass carb cap

So no that isnt the issue why i am wasting 80% of my wax

Did you see the carb cap that was sent to me?

Would you or anyone else be satisfied with the workmanship and scuff marks?

vapewithape,

dizaster096

Josh said any cap with a hole should work esp my glass carb cap

So no that isnt the issue why i am wasting 80% of my wax

Did you see the carb cap that was sent to me?

Would you or anyone else be satisfied with the workmanship and scuff marks?
Dude i am just trying to help, the carb cap does make a huge difference, Along with the piece you are using and its air restriction, Especially for low temps. Even the way at which you pull on the piece can cool the insert and cap, Try 2 holes open on the cap. Contact him through instagram.

I noticed that in this PIC your coil is quite close together get 2 pliers and spread it so it has more coverage, end of coil should be spread as much possible. Not just tight to the banger, which helps.

On the V3 looks like you have to have the coil facing down so try to get that end of coil as far down in the bucket as you can for the 20mm.

Have to ask though why buy a 20mm and 30mm v3?

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@vapewithape you have made your dissatisfaction clear and along the way you've earned a warning point for company bashing. You are free to criticize, but only to a point. Revisiting previously aired grievances is not allowed here on FC and continuing your complaints here will bring further warning points.

:peace:

GSR

FINALLY GOT HER :D:rockon:

I was so excited to start using her as i opened the box, but when i found the pieces my 1st impression was... god damn, how do i get this thing assembled?!? :lol: I have around 20 parts!

I got over it and, after spending a lil time looking it up, grew to appreciate how versatile this thing is. A lil inconvenient to not have instructions though. I mean at least gimme a drawing! After hitting up the website though, I realized why the locking nuts are awesome. The adjustable airflow on the carb cap can really change the experience. Honestly, the fact that the liger's got so many ways to customize how you use it is dope.

What makes it dope kinda makes it hard to deal with though. Helluva learning curve. Honestly im not sure I even have it locked in yet. Im at 650 and im starting to get weak-average clouds that i got with my auber universal Ti domeless enail @ 610. I will admit my coil hasnt been stretched out yet though so Im expecting to need higher temps than what's reported on this site. The comparison is still relevant though because the coil fits LOOSER on the auber uni enail. Maybe the temp diff between the nail and the insert dish is significant though? I gotta keep experimenting to find out.

TL;DR I dont regret my purchase (so far). Shes super versatile and sexy af! Nevertheless, im gonna feel like she's overpriced a lil bit if I dont figure out the right temp/airflow/technique for some nice sized, flavorful hits. At least as nice and flavorful as the hype got me to believe.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

My stuff came today as well. Pretty sure I got several wrong parts. Ive managed to piece it together with the V2 stuff I had. Hopefully it works as well.

PoopMachine,

herbivore21

Just in case anyone hasn't seen these videos, I thought I'd share them here.

These show the assembly of the flat coil and dish and the assembly of the side air intake section and base adapter.

Between these, this should cover the full assembly of the Liger V3 flat coil 30mm nails:

This might help people work out whether they have been sent the right parts too!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

That does not look like my beta shroud.
Looks like a production version shroud to me, although I don't have one myself.
This is a production shroud: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMpn20khSjU/?taken-by=cca710
And your joint is slightly different from my beta joint.

I noticed that in this PIC your coil is quite close together get 2 pliers and spread it so it has more coverage, end of coil should be spread as much possible. Not just tight to the banger, which helps.

That's a good idea, that coil looks like spreading it out would help with more even heat transfer.

On the V3 looks like you have to have the coil facing down so try to get that end of coil as far down in the bucket as you can for the 20mm.

On the 20mm you can face the outer shroud with the hole facing up or down.

Last edited:

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
there is simply no reason you should have to run your coil above 650-680 for the flat coil, and 590 for the 20mm barrel (even lower for SiC inserts)

fingertight won't work FYI for keeping the head in place. i use a pair of pliers at my desk to tighten the locking nut in place & loosen it for changing between heads. i don't grip the nut hard enough to damage it or apply enough force to break a joint if i'm tightening it in place on the piece. i'll go over this in the v3 review once i get everything in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNTXov9jDqI

this is what a dab melting away should look like at the proper temp, i linked this vid and not my own because it actually shows the temp on the hexnail screen. if you're someone who was a beta tester or early adopter of the v3 and you're from these forums i will personally google hangout or video call you and show you exactly how to get the maximum performance from this device. it's really not rocket science. the only issues i've had with it so far are completely beta issues that have been fixed with the final release. so, hit me up!

don't message me on here though i've been having issues with PM notifications. email me at ccchase420@gmail.com or DM my instagram (i check unread messages) at ccchase420

vapewithape

You have been warned to stop posting about your grievances but now have decided to continue while publicly discussing a moderator decision; another rule breaker. Warning point issued.
@vapewithape you have made your dissatisfaction clear and along the way you've earned a warning point for company bashing. You are free to criticize, but only to a point. Revisiting previously aired grievances is not allowed here on FC and continuing your complaints here will bring further warning points.

:peace:

I never attacked the company

I provided facts

I said I waited 26 days for a scuffed up carb cap

Would you buy a carb cap for $77 and accept it scuffed and scratched out of the box after waiting nearly a month?

I complained that the device was hard to use, I had problems with it and no one from the company attempted to rectify my situation despite me emailing the Old FC post I made with picture

Then I waited 14 days for a response as to when my carb cap would even be sent out. 14 days that's acceptable? Should I praise the company for that kind of customer support? Stating that the support is bad or nonexistent for whatever the reason is unfortunately is not bashing a company it's stating facts.

I've tried reaching out to the guy THE owns the company and he won't respond but I can't raise my grievances here and instead you ban my post or give me a warning

If I saw the condition of that carb cap you best bet I wouldn't spend $20 let alone $77 and that's with a 10% discount give me a break.

This is a forum where people learn about how to use products and talk about the pros and cons. I spent money and was upset and have the right to vent no one trashed the company I just said proper customer service is expected esp with a purchase over $100 sorry that's just how the world works.

Luckily one member took the time to talk with me over skype and helped me with the majority of my issues. I only spent $220 guess I better seek out help from random strangers on the internet instead of the vendor.

But I'll shut the fuck up and not post here again. Thanks for all those that helped me really appreciate it but for the people that provided snide remarks.

What the fuck are your guys problems?

I just want to get blazed without hassle and enjoy my concentrates which I work hard to pay for. Fuck me for wanting to get the most out of supposedly the best nail in the market.

Am I satisfied with the nail after video chatting with the Fc member for the most part. Some of the threading requires pliers esp the carb cap and middle piece of the liger itself which can be a bitch for cleaning. The scuffed up carb cap was fucked up and honstly it's way too big for the 20 mm liger I can barely fit the top in my silicon container to get a dab on the underside of the carb cap. The learning curve, terrible support, and subpar threading that gets stuck requiring pliers which is fucking ridiculous, couple that with the high price I'd rate this at a 6/10 and wouldn't purchase it again unless these kinks can be worked out esp the threading.

The frustration of waiting and no instruction on how to use it reduces my ENJOY ability of the device not to mention wastes at least 7-10 g or more of my own wax and god knows how much of my friends all barely milking at 750

I won't post here again instead I'll seek out the FC member that went far and above beyond what a stranger would do to help me.

Sorry for "bashing" the company and you can ban me but I'm stating facts so future customers that want to purchase know what to expect.

Shit happens I don't know what is going down in Josh life I like the idea of his product just the execution and support could be better.

If anything I think josh would love to see this kind of review so he knows how to deal with issues and deal with a customer that demands great support and service even if I'm buying a weee smoking device

Take care guys!

Top Bottom