CCA Liger banger V3.0

herbivore21

Finally made it to 650. I had to spread my coil much more than @mutten840 did.

Much happier than I was earlier, but still not as impressed as others seem to be. I'm curious what halo owners think.

You guys are gonna hate me, but I'm not impressed with the sapphire yet. I swear my hybrid tasted better this morning. Maybe I need to give the taste buds a break.
Nothing to hate you for there man: You haven't got your temp/assembly dialled in if you are not impressed with sapphire yet over other nails (I've owned all of the d-nail halos which are very easy to set up and change around for A/B testing - from this experience it is clear that there is absolutely no comparison between sapphire and other materials for dabbing in an all things being equal scenario). I am starting to think that the v3 flat coil ligers have a very steep learning curve given the reports here - this is perhaps not so surprising given that it is the first time CCA have worked with this kind of coil, which is different to the old barrel coils.

One final thing we haven't yet mentioned is that the liger allows for adjustable airflow. If you have set your airflow to be very open and unrestricted, you will get less clouds than you will if you tighten up the airflow with a bit more restriction. Ditto to the carb caps. If you have all 4 holes open, you're gonna get a very airy hit with less clouds! As a golden rule, the air hole/s on the top of your carb cap should be SMALLER than the air intake hole from the top side of the banger dish going into the GonG joint. If the airflow through the top of the carb cap is more open than the airflow from the banger dish into the rig, then the vapor is going to want to float back up out of the carb cap even when you are inhaling unless you draw very hard!

I do wonder if the airflow could be a contributing problem for some folks not getting adequate hits?

Danksta

@Danksta For the sapphire I prefer around 610 to 620. I found 650 was too hot and made it taste bad. Also the moment it gets dirty. The flavor train will not come around. It is all ass till you clean it. Then it is flavor train time =)

Also make sure to tighten the shit out of the bottom. The snugger the coil was. The better my results were with lower temps

Finally getting a good experience. 620 was very nice. Going to see how much lower I can go.

After 3 days I'm finally pretty happy with V3 now. I still think I could be getting better heat coverage. I think someone should make coils just for the V3. I can tell it's a really nice design but inconsistent results from coil to coil is frustrating. If he or one of his distributors like high5 made a coil I think they would sell. I'd buy one. If this bucket got better coverage I bet I'd be doing really low temp dabs.

Nothing to hate you for there man: You haven't got your temp/assembly dialled in if you are not impressed with sapphire yet over other nails (I've owned all of the d-nail halos which are very easy to set up and change around for A/B testing - from this experience it is clear that there is absolutely no comparison between sapphire and other materials for dabbing in an all things being equal scenario). I am starting to think that the v3 flat coil ligers have a very steep learning curve given the reports here - this is perhaps not so surprising given that it is the first time CCA have worked with this kind of coil, which is different to the old barrel coils.

One final thing we haven't yet mentioned is that the liger allows for adjustable airflow. If you have set your airflow to be very open and unrestricted, you will get less clouds than you will if you tighten up the airflow with a bit more restriction. Ditto to the carb caps. If you have all 4 holes open, you're gonna get a very airy hit with less clouds! As a golden rule, the air hole/s on the top of your carb cap should be SMALLER than the air intake hole from the top side of the banger dish going into the GonG joint. If the airflow through the top of the carb cap is more open than the airflow from the banger dish into the rig, then the vapor is going to want to float back up out of the carb cap even when you are inhaling unless you draw very hard!

I do wonder if the airflow could be a contributing problem for some folks not getting adequate hits?
MAN! Very good observation! I keep my Carb Cap Completely Closed! Opening it lessons a hit to me but allows certain rigs to function better,but Fuck That!!

herbivore21

MAN! Very good observation! I keep my Carb Cap Completely Closed! Opening it lessons a hit to me but allows certain rigs to function better,but Fuck That!!
Yup I'll be doing the same, only one hole open at the most! Is it possible to set the airflow on the caps so that you can have one single hole only half open? I'd probably prefer this!

herbivore21,
Yup I'll be doing the same, only one hole open at the most! Is it possible to set the airflow on the caps so that you can have one single hole only half open? I'd probably prefer this!
I honestly don't know How many holes are open i just know turning the carb hole disc to farthest left setting on it for the most restricted, fullest milkiest hits!

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: Danksta

mtnbike420

I ordered a v3 for a flat coil a few days ago. I still haven't decided on a controller yet. Would it be wise to change to a 16mm coil? Thanks for any info.

mtnbike420,

herbivore21

I ordered a v3 for a flat coil a few days ago. I still haven't decided on a controller yet. Would it be wise to change to a 16mm coil? Thanks for any info.
IME, 16mm nails are a PITA. The dishes are just too small. Not too small for the size of dabs I do, but too small to have enough surface area to spread the dab across evenly and get efficient vaporization!

20mm might be worthwhile and some enjoy it more, but tbh there's just as many folks here who've had to stretch out their 20mm barrel coils to get efficient heat transfer to those Liger models too. It seems that these issues are learning curve related, not deal-breaking, impossible to resolve issues.

herbivore21,

dizaster096

@mutten840

Not sure what you mean by just a screwdriver using the head to spread it? I suggest 2 pliers and paper towel between them. Stretching will tighten it so pull a little on both sides check tightness and continue till you get no jiggle. Everyone's coil is different so the spread will be different on each coil but it should be a few mm at least.

herbivore21

@mutten840

Not sure what you mean by just a screwdriver using the head to spread it? I suggest 2 pliers and paper towel between them. Stretching will tighten it so pull a little on both sides check tightness and continue till you get no jiggle. Everyone's coil is different so the spread will be different on each coil but it should be a few mm at least.
lol bro I keep confusing our posts because you're the only other person with full melt in your avatar! :lol:

I really hope I don't have to fuck with my coils too much since I have other nails and stretching out the coil too much is not ideal for my other nails lol.

First world problems without a doubt!

dizaster096

lol bro I keep confusing our posts because you're the only other dude with full melt in your avatar! :lol:

I really hope I don't have to fuck with my coils too much since I have other nails and stretching out the coil too much is not ideal for my other nails lol.

First world problems without a doubt!
Lol. I'm going to stop telling people to do it, people are gonna end up ruining coils, If your not going over 710F ish on your unit you shouldn't even need to touch it. I don't like the coil moving around on the liger. (v3 fixes this). Its heating up and cooling which degrades the coils.

dizaster096,

herbivore21

Lol. I'm going to stop telling people to do it, people are gonna end up ruining coils, If your not going over 710F ish on your unit you shouldn't even need to touch it. I don't like the coil moving around on the liger.
Definitely understand where you're coming from man, I wouldn't want the coil rattling around in there either and if I have to, I'll sacrifice one coil to be 'Liger only' ;)

I've never gone over 600f with my sapphire halo, of course, that is used with much more direct contact to the flat coil than in the liger or any insert based design. I have used nails with various kinds of sapphire inserts before the liger and find that when you are heating metal that conducts onto the insert it always requires a fair amount of extra heat beyond directly heating a dish made of the same material as the insert ;)

herbivore21,

dizaster096

@Danksta

Waste it to taste it you will never have it all vaporized for low temps left overs are lipids and waxes they will taste bad. Thats where the q tips come in unlike a banger+torch you have constant heat with enails so you get vapor trails till it's cleaned, that's normal. Distillates if made proper will have very little but still some residue. You are prob just used to taking hotter dabs. If its tasting bad right away it's too much heat or extract related. 575F(depending on extract) for me on v2 is about the max on SiC till it burns my throat and tastes bad.

I change temps depending on extract,

V2 20mm SiC dish, Adjusted coil

bho around -545F / -550F

live resins, rosin -5F / -8F

bubble -25F / -10F

(Around +20F on everything with quartz - These are my temps and will never match yours, all enails have different heating algorithms and coils.)

@herbivore21

I find the liger the best at conserving oil. A lot of the dish style nails the oils attracts to the cold side walls and onto the carb cap. I never seen oils get beyond the insert, easy to clean and never noticed diminished taste from the ti which was a concern. Getting v3 for better dabber tips and less restriction.

Last edited:

GSR

:rockon:

Which size did you get?

I have the 20 MM. Figured this was the size to get from what yall beta testers were reporting, and I can see why you guys liked it. The hurricane cap works with this size very nicely.

Oh, and shoutout to @mutten840 for making me feel dumb lmao! I didn't think about using a screwdriver on my coil. I just figured I'd need pliers, but now my coil is spread out evenly and fits VERY snugly on the enail (It actually scraped the color off the nail from how tight it is! Thankfully the heat shroud covers that part up ;) )

FINALLY DID IT THO! :science: 600 degrees milked up my piece on the first try now that the coil has been adjusted. That shows ya how crucial spreading the coil out is (I dropped 110 degrees on my controller... and I can probably still keep playing around to find a better temp. This is off the first try )

Good shit liger crew! I think the only improvement that can be made for this product is to have a tutorial vid or a manual or something. This learning curve would have been a lot more vicious if I wasn't active on this forum. Definitely worth the $$$ now that I'm 90% towards the optimal hit for me.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just to chime in on our love affair with the v3 so far...

I've been really loving the Quartz insert around 680 for my 'everything hurts and I need my meds' dabs in the morning. Plus I have to say...it's beautiful in the Liger itself.

zGCGAUk.png

SiC tends to be my choice so far for my heavyweights (.3g+) @ ~700-720. The thermal properties of this insert are pretty incredible. Sapphire is a flavor monster. 'Try everything on it first' tends to be it's job lately. :lol: I can't wait to dial in a temp I really love on this one (it keeps getting lower). Further down the rabbit hole, as they say.

We have a 16mm on our mini rig at the moment. The SiC insert performs really well, and the small chamber keeps everything nice and hot even when you rip the crap out of it. Flavor is nuts.

Oh, and the Hurricane caps are pretty stunning. In the video I posted a few posts back one of the angles captures the 'swirl' they create in the air perfectly upon exhale. Reaching for any other carb for these would just make me sad at this point.

I think someone should make coils just for the V3.

So...we've had a few thoughts on that lately... Heh.

herbivore21

@herbivore21

I find the liger the best at conserving oil. A lot of the dish style nails the oils attracts to the cold side walls and onto the carb cap. I never seen oils get beyond the insert, easy to clean and never noticed diminished taste from the ti which was a concern. Getting v3 for better dabber tips and less restriction.
I don't have the problem you describe on the sapphire or silicone carbide halos, but you are definitely right on the cold outer walls for the quartz halo (which I haven't used for a year or more now, nor any other quartz). Still, I never dab on the outer walls of my halos and never did, the wicking surface is the floor of the dish, the flat coil heats from the bottom of the dish, so I'm applying my dabs to the bottom of the dish lol

People used to using bangers will go for the outer sides first of course, so with quartz this becomes a major issue when banger folks use flat coils.

I'll have my views on the Liger in comparison to the sapphire halo soon enough to share though, can't say yet since I haven't tried out my liger!

herbivore21,

Danksta

Just to chime in on our love affair with the v3 so far...

I've been really loving the Quartz insert around 680 for my 'everything hurts and I need my meds' dabs in the morning. Plus I have to say...it's beautiful in the Liger itself.

zGCGAUk.png

SiC tends to be my choice so far for my heavyweights (.3g+) @ ~700-720. The thermal properties of this insert are pretty incredible. Sapphire is a flavor monster. 'Try everything on it first' tends to be it's job lately. :lol: I can't wait to dial in a temp I really love on this one (it keeps getting lower). Further down the rabbit hole, as they say.

We have a 16mm on our mini rig at the moment. The SiC insert performs really well, and the small chamber keeps everything nice and hot even when you rip the crap out of it. Flavor is nuts.

Oh, and the Hurricane caps are pretty stunning. In the video I posted a few posts back one of the angles captures the 'swirl' they create in the air perfectly upon exhale. Reaching for any other carb for these would just make me sad at this point.

So...we've had a few thoughts on that lately... Heh.

So the thermal properties of SiC are better than sapphire? I have noticed the sapphire has a hard time with large dabs at low temps. At 610 there is no point in attempting one as you can't finish it in one inhale. Anything higher doesn't taste as good. Is SiC better suited for larger dabs? Videos seem to make it look that way.

Have you used the Storm Cell 3.0? I have the hurricane and am not sure if I like it. I want to buy a Storm Cell to compare as I think the hurricane leaks too much air no matter what air hole setting I use.

Hope you have more thoughts on the V3 coil :brow:

Danksta,

brucee10

So... I was able to get on a face time call with @vapewithape. He is now dabbing as expected. I am offering my help to the others that are frustrated and need a little help @Danksta , @PoopMachine . I would prefer you to direct message me and we can figure a time to sync up. It took about 15 mins to get him sorted and I feel I can help the others, if they have not completely lost hope. I have both the 30mm and 20mm and they both took fiddling with to get the right seat with the coil. But once it was right, it worked like a champ =)

Hit me up and lets turn those frowns upside down =)
If this site had something like Reddit Gold I'd send some your way.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
So the thermal properties of SiC are better than sapphire? I have noticed the sapphire has a hard time with large dabs at low temps. At 610 there is no point in attempting one as you can't finish it in one inhale. Anything higher doesn't taste as good. Is SiC better suited for larger dabs? Videos seem to make it look that way.

Have you used the Storm Cell 3.0? I have the hurricane and am not sure if I like it. I want to buy a Storm Cell to compare as I think the hurricane leaks too much air no matter what air hole setting I use.

Hope you have more thoughts on the V3 coil :brow:

We aren't making any calls yet (we have only had them about...48 hours at this point), but each insert reacts differently to being 'forced' into our Ceramic tuning algorithms (which are our most polished so far). The step up in efficiency is OBVIOUS between the Liger and your typical domeless nail though. We're mainly just trying to find a good starting point for full on Liger tunings atm.

We currently have 2 Hurricane carbs in-house. I'd love to try the Storm Cell too (considering how much we like the Hurricanes). The fidgety dork in me loves playing with the Hurricane carb's rounded edges, but the 'fire and forget' nature of the Storm Cell is super appealing, too. I generally like tight, hot vapes. Whatever gets me there works for me. My lungs are pretty beefy so the hotter the better (because that usually translates to better flavor, too) unless you burn it. :lol:

mutten840

@Hogni vapewithape got banned. We synced up after and he is not able to post now. But he is very happy with how it is working now. The only complaint he had left wa around the hurricane carb cap being big and awkward. He was dabbing small dabs at 630 and was getting full hits. On his and others situations. It purely comes down to having the coil seated against the body. Once this happens. It will start to work as expected =)

He was also taking too big of dabs and I told him to shrink them down. Since the liger is efficient in not needing to feed it a ton of product to get a good dab.

ReeferChiefer

Just want to give an update after reading all these posts about spreading the coil.

I own the 20mm v2 Liger with which I used a regular cylinder shaped coil. Even with that I never felt the need to spread the coil since it worked just fine. I did have to make it fit tighter, however.

Now with my 30mm v3 Liger, the only problem I had was with the coil not making contact with the bucket. Using a washer fixed that. But then I thought, what if I spread out the flat coil anyway? Maybe it would help out. It turned out it does help even with the flat coil design. Make sure the coil is spread open as far as it can fit and tighten the locking nut as much as you can.

I am now getting milky (before it was more like a mist) hits at 660.

Danksta

@Hogni vapewithape got banned. We synced up after and he is not able to post now. But he is very happy with how it is working now. The only complaint he had left wa around the hurricane carb cap being big and awkward. He was dabbing small dabs at 630 and was getting full hits. On his and others situations. It purely comes down to having the coil seated against the body. Once this happens. It will start to work as expected =)

He was also taking too big of dabs and I told him to shrink them down. Since the liger is efficient in not needing to feed it a ton of product to get a good dab.

I have to comment on the efficiency. Are we right saying it's efficient? Or is that it simply can't handle large dabs at such low temps so we end up doing small ones that it can handle?

I can't help but think I should be able to finish my dabs in one inhale with the liger even at low temps.

Danksta,

mutten840

For me using much less concentrate while doing low temp dabs. Still gives me really good hits. When I try to add more than I can inhale, I will also have more than expected leftover after I have taken a full toke. when I do my low temp dabs. I like to leave the carb cap on for a few before toking. It seems to help with giving me larger dabs at lower temps.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks a lot for your reply, @mutten420 !
In a few weeks I will get my 20 mm Liger too - thank you so much, Santa! Hope it will work w/o any problems. If not, hope I can contact you for help!'? ;-)

Top Bottom