CCA Liger banger V3.0

herbivore21

Only room for one insert or it covers the air intake.
That's just the Sapphire Halo in the 30mm V3 Liger.

... But now that I take a look at it from another perspective, the DNail Halo is slightly smaller in diameter than the Liger V3 insert.
If I turn the sapphire Halo upside-down, placed on top of the Liger V3 sapphire insert it creates a fully encased Sapphire Dabbing Oven! with a handy opening in the top through which to drop meds.
However, I'm not sure how the airflow will work, but it the idea has merit and is worth exploring.

Pics soon.

PS No shit, don't drop it.

:D
lol man that is one expensive dab oven! Here's to hoping they ship soon, I fear that these 120u pink jewel-like shards of full melt may not survive to see my Liger :(

Last edited:

PoopMachine

1egpgw.jpg

Monsoon

I've been playing the pre-order game with a bunch of different products lately and every single time it's shipped later than the ETA despite the best of intentions. One was even super adamant they would ship on time but it got delayed a month supposedly due to new regulations on their product. I also have a pair of earphones which will be arriving tomorrow 5 months after ordering and roughly 4 months late but early reviews show the wait was worth it so that's worth it for me. I think it's best to see pre-orders/crowdsourcing as a way of getting into the first/next batch of a product which means you'll get it at the earliest time possible and maybe save some cash as the case may be. Waiting sucks but it's pretty much a "it'll get there when it gets there" situation and vendors are usually trying to get things out as fast as possible on their end. If it's ever an issue of needing the money back because it's taking too long, you can always ask and it probably won't be an issue if it's a high demand product.

No shipping notification yet on my end, hopefully he can ship it out before your Turkey Day so I can get it Thursday or Friday (3-day shipping to Canada). I kinda went a bit nuts at the selection of branded shatters from the online dispensaries here and now have around 20 different strains of BHO shatter to dab with once it gets here. I have a pretty good idea how most of them taste with the Sapphire Halo so I should be more easily able to do a comparison with the Liger 30mm Sapphire.

herbivore21

I've been playing the pre-order game with a bunch of different products lately and every single time it's shipped later than the ETA despite the best of intentions. One was even super adamant they would ship on time but it got delayed a month supposedly due to new regulations on their product. I also have a pair of earphones which will be arriving tomorrow 5 months after ordering and roughly 4 months late but early reviews show the wait was worth it so that's worth it for me. I think it's best to see pre-orders/crowdsourcing as a way of getting into the first/next batch of a product which means you'll get it at the earliest time possible and maybe save some cash as the case may be. Waiting sucks but it's pretty much a "it'll get there when it gets there" situation and vendors are usually trying to get things out as fast as possible on their end. If it's ever an issue of needing the money back because it's taking too long, you can always ask and it probably won't be an issue if it's a high demand product.

No shipping notification yet on my end, hopefully he can ship it out before your Turkey Day so I can get it Thursday or Friday (3-day shipping to Canada). I kinda went a bit nuts at the selection of branded shatters from the online dispensaries here and now have around 20 different strains of BHO shatter to dab with once it gets here. I have a pretty good idea how most of them taste with the Sapphire Halo so I should be more easily able to do a comparison with the Liger 30mm Sapphire.
Man I've noticed that pre-orders have a nasty habit of being delayed especially in the vape industry and your way of thinking, whilst not ideal (in that ideally we should not have to expect delays like the current reality necessitates), is definitely the best way to manage one's expectations and avoid disappointment/negativity!

I sure do hope these get shipped soon though! I am sitting on a very small collection of some absolutely fire ultra-headstash full melt that I am saving to test when I pit my sapphire halo against my 30mm sapphire liger - I really hate to see it getting no love right now while I patiently save it lol.

ReeferChiefer

I've been shopping online for almost a decade so I understand people's frustration. However it is your turn to understand that this is a small gig. Josh literally cannot keep up with demand. I mean this is a reality and having an attitude that says those problems have nothing to do with your preorder is quite rude.

This community is helping small businesses grow. We are the core support group during a time people like Josh are trying to get their products up and running until they can further expand as a company.

What I'm saying is have patience.

I preordered a grinder, it was a project started on kickstarter. The shipment date was 4/20 this year. I have yet to receive anything other than monthly updates on the reasons they are delayed. Is it frustrating? Yes. But then I go on about my business and wait.

I can sense a growth in tension in this thread rather than celebrating the fact this product is becoming a success. Not getting your product in time because the company is overflowing with unexpected demand is a good problem to have.

TL ; DR

Let's be supportive.

Baron23

I've been shopping online for almost a decade so I understand people's frustration. However it is your turn to understand that this is a small gig. Josh literally cannot keep up with demand. I mean this is a reality and having an attitude that says those problems have nothing to do with your preorder is quite rude.

This community is helping small businesses grow. We are the core support group during a time people like Josh are trying to get their products up and running until they can further expand as a company.

What I'm saying is have patience.

I preordered a grinder, it was a project started on kickstarter. The shipment date was 4/20 this year. I have yet to receive anything other than monthly updates on the reasons they are delayed. Is it frustrating? Yes. But then I go on about my business and wait.

I can sense a growth in tension in this thread rather than celebrating the fact this product is becoming a success. Not getting your product in time because the company is overflowing with unexpected demand is a good problem to have.

TL ; DR

Let's be supportive.
I agree that if you chose to do business with a small start up or just in a pre-order situation, then you need to accept the wait and uncertainty. You have chosen to participate in a pre-generally available product sale and uncertainty and risk come with the territory.

Now, given that...some recent pre-order initiatives have just seemed abusive to many vapers. Hopper Labs probably put a worse taste in people's mouths about pre-order delay and schedule slips than everybody else combined. While what you state is true, I personally think that lack of patience with continuing delays shows the maturation of the vape market place. People are now more then ever expecting regular business like performance from their vape vendors as vaping goes more mainstream. Small start-ups that don't recognize and manage to these growing expectations will find themselves facing stiffer headwind in the future, IMO.

Cheers

ReeferChiefer

I agree you shouldn't put up with just about anything. Being reasonable is key here. I'm only speaking about Josh and the current situation with his product. He has an amazing reputation and is known for doing what he can to make his customers happy. I think he deserves to be given a break, that's all.

GSR

4705.jpg

Finally got the shipping confirmation. Thank you josh for shutting me up finally :lol:

And with all due respect to those that took issue with my impatience, Im sorry that i disagree with you all on this matter. However, theres no reality I live in where it is ok to give me an accepted deadline and then be off by 3 weeks. It has happened to me before ordering off massdrop, and I have taken issue with it before too. The cause of your tardiness has nothing to do with the agreement we made.

I spent $300 on 10/14 to have this shipped out 10/28 - 10/31. I don't know how you can state I'm being "Rude" when the other party didn't come thru with their side of the agreement :huh: . DONT MISTAKE MY FRUSTRATION FOR HATRED THOUGH! I dont hate josh or cca. Just annoyed at their timing.

Moving on though: IM SO EXCITED :D:D:D . I will definitely be posting pics and an overall review to help any others that may be on the fence with this decision. Hopefully the v3 will live up to its hype!

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
4705.jpg

Finally got the shipping confirmation. Thank you josh for shutting me up finally :lol:

And with all due respect to those that took issue with my impatience, Im sorry that i disagree with you all on this matter. However, theres no reality I live in where it is ok to give me an accepted deadline and then be off by 3 weeks. It has happened to me before ordering off massdrop, and I have taken issue with it before too. The cause of your tardiness has nothing to do with the agreement we made.

I spent $300 on 10/14 to have this shipped out 10/28 - 10/31. I don't know how you can state I'm being "Rude" when the other party didn't come thru with their side of the agreement :huh: . DONT MISTAKE MY FRUSTRATION FOR HATRED THOUGH! I dont hate josh or cca. Just annoyed at their timing.

Moving on though: IM SO EXCITED :D:D:D . I will definitely be posting pics and an overall review to help any others that may be on the fence with this decision. Hopefully the v3 will live up to its hype!
I just got my shipping notice. I should get it next Monday.

PS. Can anyone send a link to where they got their flat coil from. I'm paranoid that the one I have won't fit.

Shipping confirmation just arrived. For those curious I preordered around the 20th of October.

Got my confirmation too. First class though. I emailed asking him to upgrade it to priority.

Nice to hear that they are shipping!
I'm excited to hear your reactions regarding performance, ergonomics and what not.
What did you guys get?

@LazyIdol I haven't used the finalized 30mm bucket/shroud, but I don't think that your flat coil type will make any difference with the finalized design that has a more robust heat enclosure.

Can't wait to hear your comparison between the sapphire dishes.
And the different nail designs in general.

I like the 20mm Liger V3 Sapphire the best.
Then the DNail Sapphire Halo.
Then the 30mm Liger V3 Sapphire.

They are all dreamy.
And as noted, I still need my finalized V3 30mm heat shroud.

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Man I've noticed that pre-orders have a nasty habit of being delayed especially in the vape industry and your way of thinking, whilst not ideal (in that ideally we should not have to expect delays like the current reality necessitates), is definitely the best way to manage one's expectations and avoid disappointment/negativity!

I sure do hope these get shipped soon though! I am sitting on a very small collection of some absolutely fire ultra-headstash full melt that I am saving to test when I pit my sapphire halo against my 30mm sapphire liger - I really hate to see it getting no love right now while I patiently save it lol.

You turned me on to SiC and then Sapphire last year.
I remember when you said that "It's a good time to get into the dabbin' business" and you were right.

I'm excited to hear your impressions of the V3 Liger in general and the two Sapphire surfaces specifically.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: herbivore21

herbivore21

You turned me on to SiC and then Sapphire last year.
I remember when you said that "It's a good time to get into the dabbin' business" and you were right.

I'm excited to hear your impressions of the V3 Liger in general and the two Sapphire surfaces specifically.

Cheers man, glad to see that you've had the chance to enjoy the finer nails now too! I remember not so long ago that nobody wanted to believe me about the flavor benefits of sapphire over the alternatives lol - it is much less lonely having some other folks around who have experience with sapphire!

I haven't had my shipping notice yet so hopefully I get mine soon so I can contribute my thoughts. I am quite interested to see if there are any benefits to the 30mm over the sapphire halo. One thing I'm looking forward to is a much larger sapphire surface area to put my dab into though! I am interested to see how the heat gets around it!

alittledabwilldoya'

Cheers man, glad to see that you've had the chance to enjoy the finer nails now too! I remember not so long ago that nobody wanted to believe me about the flavor benefits of sapphire over the alternatives lol - it is much less lonely having some other folks around who have experience with sapphire!

Oh yeah, I am a total snob now.

:lol:

killick

But I like it!
I still haven't placed my pre-order ...

20mm? or 30mm?

Gadz, I'm usually much more decisive than this....

On the plus side the press is here! Tomorrow the front comes off to see if the gear mechanism can get rotated a few notches. ..

nodrog

So, this isn't about the 3.0, but I'm still hoping for some feedback. Currently using the SIC dish in a 16-mm Liger 2.0. I recently bought an IR thermometer, which has been enormously useful with my Flower Pot vaporizer.

For the Liger, if I put the red dot in the middle of the hot SIC dish, what temperature range is ideal for low-temp dabbing? Seems like about 350 shows on the IR thermometer when the enail is set to 625. Sound about right?

nodrog,

PoopMachine

So, this isn't about the 3.0, but I'm still hoping for some feedback. Currently using the SIC dish in a 16-mm Liger 2.0. I recently bought an IR thermometer, which has been enormously useful with my Flower Pot vaporizer.

For the Liger, if I put the red dot in the middle of the hot SIC dish, what temperature range is ideal for low-temp dabbing? Seems like about 350 shows on the IR thermometer when the enail is set to 625. Sound about right?

Seems really low... have you calibrated your thermometer for the surface youre shooting at?

PoopMachine,

nodrog

Seems really low... have you calibrated your thermometer for the surface youre shooting at?

Hadn't even considered doing so. Thanks for the tip. I have a $25 IR thermometer gun, I don't think it's calibratable, probably need something a little more high end.

nodrog,

alittledabwilldoya'

Hadn't even considered doing so. Thanks for the tip. I have a $25 IR thermometer gun, I don't think it's calibratable, probably need something a little more high end.

From what I've heard, IR thermometers give unreliable readings on nails at dabbing temperatures.
You want a thermometer with a K-Type thermocouple (rated for the appropriate temp range).

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: GSR

ReeferChiefer

If I were you I would worry more about finding the "sweetspot" of your enail than what the actual temp is on the nail.

I have two separate enails that both give me the same "sweetspot" low temp hits but their temp readings are off by at least 25°. Once you get to know your equipment a little better you won't need the thermometer.

I can see this being useful for dabbing with a torch.

Top Bottom