CCA Liger banger V3.0

toros23

Well it seems we have more than one thing in common. I am a HUGE fan of Belgian beers especially dubbels and tripels. Have you ever tried Piraat? Chimay was my favorite beer for years until I tried a Piraat.....sooooooo good.

Nice! I know there are some other Chimay fans around here as well.. I only keep the red on hand, but have tried the other two and they are also very tasty.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check out the Piraat. Also looks very strong, like Chimay. Ugh.. Sure wish I could find a Chimay 'Light'.....

toros23,
Reactions: Silat

OC513

Dabaholic
Nice! I know there are some other Chimay fans around here as well.. I only keep the red on hand, but have tried the other two and they are also very tasty.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check out the Piraat. Also looks very strong, like Chimay. Ugh.. Sure wish I could find a Chimay 'Light'.....
Theres a reason they come in 4 packs instead of 6 packs!

OC513,
Reactions: toros23

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So obviously larger liger dishes will do better with larger dabs, but does the relationship work similarly with small dishes? Does the smaller 16mm handle small dabs better than the bigger counterparts?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: mixchu69

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
So obviously larger liger dishes will do better with larger dabs, but does the relationship work similarly with small dishes? Does the smaller 16mm handle small dabs better than the bigger counterparts?

The 20mm is the German Shepherds bark.
Get that or the 30mm.
That is my opinion.

Silat,

OC513

Dabaholic
I posed this exact question to Josh and he reccomended the 20mm, saying it was the most "efficient". I went with his rec and glad I did. Its a nice surface area and does both small and bigger dabs very, very well.

Last edited:
OC513,
Reactions: mixchu69

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Wanted a liger so bad... read the whole thread and decided on a SiC halo.... :(

God damn you all.... Or thanks? I can't decide.

Honestly, it was all the stories of wrenching on the retaining nut and stretching the coils, the carb cap issues, the inserts swirling around while you try and clean them, the lack of a wicking surface pushing dabs to the sides... I blame @herbivore21... Direct all complaints his way.

Anyways, thanks for the good read. Maybe Christmas!

ItWasaGoodDre

Wanted a liger so bad... read the whole thread and decided on a SiC halo.... :(

God damn you all.... Or thanks? I can't decide.

Honestly, it was all the stories of wrenching on the retaining nut and stretching the coils, the carb cap issues, the inserts swirling around while you try and clean them, the lack of a wicking surface pushing dabs to the sides... I blame @herbivore21... Direct all complaints his way.

I don't know. I absolutely love my 20mm Liger!. Obviously it takes some getting used to find it's sweet spot, but for me, spreading the coils made all the world of difference. Believe me, I can completely sympathize with how spreading coils seems like too much work (because I felt the same), but it literally takes 5 minutes or less and will make an amazing difference on any enail. Its so worth it! Now I can go down to 570/575 with zero issues. Tasting flavors like never before.

Also, a good carb cap will make a huge impact as well. As much as I love my storm cell, it just doesn't work as well as some other very reasonably priced options. I posted a couple weeks ago about the Chad Bro Terp Trunk directional, which at $50/60 is an absolute steal! They fit literally every liger and nail period too.

Chad Bro just came out with his own boro verson of the Pukinbeagle bubble cap. At $29.99, it's 25mm and works like an absolute dream with my 20mm liger! Unbeatable function. I literally get 100% of my extract every time. Check out his IG for details, but I can't imagine there is a better deal for American glass in the cap world right now.

I prob sound like a Chad Bro rep, but I swear I'm just a huge fan. LOL

Armerad

Dabbin'
I don't know. I absolutely love my 20mm Liger!. Obviously it takes some getting used to find it's sweet spot, but for me, spreading the coils made all the world of difference. Believe me, I can completely sympathize with how spreading coils seems like too much work (because I felt the same), but it literally takes 5 minutes or less and will make an amazing difference on any enail. Its so worth it! Now I can go down to 570/575 with zero issues. Tasting flavors like never before.

Also, a good carb cap will make a huge impact as well. As much as I love my storm cell, it just doesn't work as well as some other very reasonably priced options. I posted a couple weeks ago about the Chad Bro Terp Trunk directional, which at $50/60 is an absolute steal! They fit literally every liger and nail period too.

Chad Bro just came out with his own boro verson of the Pukinbeagle bubble cap. At $29.99, it's 25mm and works like an absolute dream with my 20mm liger! Unbeatable function. I literally get 100% of my extract every time. Check out his IG for details, but I can't imagine there is a better deal for American glass in the cap world right now.

I prob sound like a Chad Bro rep, but I swear I'm just a huge fan. LOL
How would you compare his bubble cap to the terp trunk in terms of restriction? Sometimes I feel that my Terp Trunk is too restrictive.

Armerad,

ItWasaGoodDre

I don't know about overall restriction, I do know that I am clearing the entire dab off of my Liger in a maximum of 2 hits every time. I'm talking like if I looked down at my rig while taking my hit there's no more vapor coming up through the water. I've personally never had a carb cap work that effectively on my Liger.

Props to Pukinbeagle for coming up with an amazingly simply, yet effective new tech and Chad Bro for providing great function at an unbelievable price.

ItWasaGoodDre,
Reactions: Armerad

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@ItWasaGoodDre
Well... it was a really tough call, not going to lie.... But ultimately... for the same price as a liger with just a SiC insert and a carb cap, I was able to get a SiC Halo/slim base, a sapphire insert, and their d-nail carb cap that is proven to work great with their stuff.... and it is all supposed to be much less painful to setup...

So I trade off the Ti bucket which I really had no interest in anyways, and get to try the two materials I was actually interested in... So... definitely happy enough! For now...

I feel the liger (especially a 30mm surface,) is always going to have that "it" factor though, and hopefully I am lucky enough to find myself in a situation this year where I can afford to get it :)

Much love for team liger!

seaofgreens,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My objective is to find the best low temp experience, do any others operate at lower temps than the Liger?

FlyingLow,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is awesome to be able to get good vaping at those temps! I imagine the flavors must be fantastic!

FlyingLow,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
Does anyone ever get a whistling noise? I thought it was my cap but I get it uncapped sometimes too. Any suggestions? I've got a 30 sitting on a male/male adapter on a Custom Creations.

Texan Dabbed,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Good point Caelar, it's all the same in he dish isn't it?

I guess in my mind, and coming from a hobby of working with engines and other mechanics, heat is always the enemy and can shorten he lifespan and longevity of all equipment and parts.... That may not translate to enail rigs though.

FlyingLow,

herbivore21

Good point Caelar, it's all the same in he dish isn't it?

I guess in my mind, and coming from a hobby of working with engines and other mechanics, heat is always the enemy and can shorten he lifespan and longevity of all equipment and parts.... That may not translate to enail rigs though.
Typically, sapphire and SiC can handle as high a temp as we could ever want to use for enail purposes. Sapphire requires care to be taken to avoid thermal shock (ie: do not subject it to rapid heating/high temps when it is cold). Otherwise, both can be kept at temps higher than the heater coil is capable of maintaining without damage :) Both of the above materials should last forever like new, whereas quartz is much more difficult to keep in as-new condition (especially if you torch it).

Your coils will burn out long before you get to temps that can do damage to sapphire or SiC so long as you avoid thermal shock with the former. :)

herbivore21

Awesome, I've grown tired of replacing fogged out bangers. Ive been following for ages, gonna make the jump in the next payday.
Oh man, you are preaching to the choir on the fogged up quartz lol. Doesn't Bret Maverick call it 'chazzing' the nail? :lol:

I'm sure you'll love having a nail that doesn't fog up no matter how much you're torching it :D

herbivore21,

biohacker

I was just joking, the Sublimator is incredible and still on the top of my list, but the Herborizer Ti is right up there too, Twax flowerpot, dnail lotus, errlectric herb nail, and ofcourse this one! Really liking dual purpose vapes but I still have yet to hit something better than a Sublimator or Supreme for my needs. I like rapid strong extraction.

brian.ngo7170

Hello forum. New to the team but super excited. I placed my order middle of feb and still waiting. Please can someone tell me it's normal not to get response emails back. I am worried I paid and might not even get an email answer update. I also been following the back up orders and paid extra for two inserts SiC and Quartz so I can get one quicker than the other. Please I am in emergency need of help. Broke my Galen banger and waiting for liger 3.0. I have my order number ready please someone help not sure what to do. I apologize for anyone else waiting for their stuff. I am just a fan of the liger and follow for a while now. Jump the gun when I had the money and have been super excited for it. Please any update would be appreciate or eta soon.
Thank you.

Top Bottom