CCA Liger banger V3.0

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I traded emails with CCA710 customer service gentleman and was told my replacement buckets should be sent out today. I asked if he can confirm if the order includes both the 20mm and 30mm Liger buckets and he replied they are shipping both as they were damaged but he will check.

If all goes as expected and i get two shinny replacement Ligers in 20 and 30mm.

I also noticed the bundle sales are gone.

Gotta be honest, I have the nib, haven't shaved it off, and get powerful clouds out of my 30mm at 630 (on the box, showing 450 at the surface but not sure if that is accurate as I use an IR temp gun) using a standard high 5 flat coil that I stretched out to cover the bottom well. It might take longer to heat up after a hit, as the clouds seem smaller if I dab many in a row, but that is just a guess.

I have an idea. I have an engineering degree, and could do a thermal analysis of the closed system including the coil, heat shield, bottom bucket layers, and the insert/atmospheric boundry. We would then know if the nib and resulting thin air layer under the insert impact the thermodynamics in a meaningful way.

Let us know the results if you decide to put your engineering degree to use!

buckhakeesah

After checking on this dimple issue, I found out my 30mm (early beta version I believe) I picked up from a fellow FC'r has the dimple but its goes downward and not up like others I've seen here.

buckhakeesah,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
goodnewseveryone.png

CCA just replied to me with the following regarding the protruding nub in the 30mm buckets some of us have been experiencing. Just going to quote to reply exactly for sake of transparency, besides, I really can't see any reason this need be kept private anyhow.

Sooooo I feel like that ends the debate as to whether it's intentional or not. Hopefully everyone sees the same outcome with their respective issues.

Amped to have a proper bucket en route alongside my Hex-Nail. February can't come sooner :clap::nod:

While I'm stoked they are owning up to it, and doing so seemingly across the board, this in NO WAY WHATSOEVER shows this as unintentional, they simply were called out on it with a lot of posted evidence and had to, short of pissing a lot of people off, fix it.

Im in no way trying to promote fear, uncertainty or doubt, but if you have a nipple protruding up....you DEFINITLY have a less performing product then one that has a dimple, more surface contact = more even heat = more accurate controller heating = better dabs.....period, its physics......now, as to how much less, I cant say.....but i will say this, Id bet ANYTHING, dudes at CCA do NOT run theirs with nipples in them.....

Saying BYE FELICIA to those junker bundles, bring us a quality 4.0 at a reasonable, stable price.....and we will buy in droves

please and thank you

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
While I'm stoked they are owning up to it, and doing so seemingly across the board, this in NO WAY WHATSOEVER shows this as unintentional, they simply were called out on it with a lot of posted evidence and had to, short of pissing a lot of people off, fix it.

Yeah I thought the response, while good to see they're owning up to it, still was like "of yeah, we've taken note of the problem and um yeah, there are definitely dimples and nipples going on and um, yeah". Not very reassuring lol.

My Liger is kicking major ass though and I'm still very much happy with the product I had received. In my case I still maintain that I would've thought nothing to be wrong had I not come across all the posts here and seen some other examples that were very much indeed damaged goods from the manufacturer. I did bump the nipple off with a dremel deburring bit, but it was nerve wracking trying to hit just that and nothing else around it so as to not take any of the heat treatment away. I noticed another member took a dremel to theirs and the result looked worse off given their Dremel walked all over the Liger. Steady hands amigos!

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I do have a question to anyone who is receiving a replacement bucket. Has anyone received their replacement. Or have you even received a tracking?

Shooby,

buckhakeesah

Hey guys, I'm trying restore an old 20mm V2 banger and Sic dish that I picked up few months ago. Previous owner said they ran all sorts of stuff through it. It's developed a ton of buildup. This crust formed on both the sic dish and the inner walls of the banger and doesn't come off easily.

It really needs some deep cleaning and I want to ask for help and wisdom. I first tried several hot/warm iso washes and scrubs with qtips but that didn't help. Next, I tried the distilled water soak and that wasn't much help either. Last, I went and torched both banger and the dish separately. This seems to have worked and allows me to scrap off the crust and turn it into a dust/powder using the end of a paperclip against the SiC. Is this ok to continue scraping the SiC?

Thoughts anyone? PM me if you prefer.

sarkunit

OK, I sent pics of my nip to CCA, they said they'd get back to me and take care of it. I am not a patient man, and I got plenty of nip pics to send them, so I decided to remove the sucker.

I used 800 wet/dry sandpaper to get rid of the nipple, and then polished with 2000, which left a circular polish for those who want any modifications to be cosmetically neutral. I immediately dropped my box temp to 580 ( as opposed to 630), and got two very large hits ( as opposed to one that starts wispy but gets dense, followed by a very thick cloud that tastes a wee bit burnt). The flavor was superior for both hits, and my IR showed 448 min at the dish (which probably isn't accurate due to reflectivity, but was about the same as my old reading with the high 5 at 630).

A qualitative thermodynamic analysis points to the nipple being a very detrimental machining oversight. The air cushion forces heating through capillary convection, which is not efficient compared to a Ti/Obsidian boundary interaction due to the gas involved. It transfers heat much more slowly and has a mixed delta T between it and it's sandwiching media. This ends up almost resembling a cooling system at this point, in microcosm and not taken as a whole of course. Having these conditions would lead to a cooling after applying your dab, and a period of wispy smoke when the dish looses thermal energy. It then would pick up some energy as the hit progresses and the carb cap works it's magic. There would also be a large delta T between your box and insert. This is exactly what I experienced.

Long story short, sand your nipple off. The nipple is the greatest enemy of your Liger short of a un-spread coil or a bad seal on your carb cap. If CCA wants to use me as a consultant I will get their THERMY-D in order, so that we can cloud search with our brothers as the magical beasts we were meant to be:rockon:

( as a little aside, I have tried a couple custom caps and I keep going back to the Tsunami. Did I just get a good one? It seals so tight, and I can twist it for some spreading action with the twine mod I saw on this forum. Has anyone else had good luck with their Tsunami and 30mm?)

MY.....LIGER....IS.....SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz::razz::razz:

High 5 box
Cheap Chinese Single PERC Flavor Saver
Liger 30mm in gold
Turp Trunk and Tsunami Caps

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Hey guys, I'm trying restore an old 20mm V2 banger and Sic dish that I picked up few months ago. Previous owner said they ran all sorts of stuff through it. It's developed a ton of buildup. This crust formed on both the sic dish and the inner walls of the banger and doesn't come off easily.

It really needs some deep cleaning and I want to ask for help and wisdom. I first tried several hot/warm iso washes and scrubs with qtips but that didn't help. Next, I tried the distilled water soak and that wasn't much help either. Last, I went and torched both banger and the dish separately. This seems to have worked and allows me to scrap off the crust and turn it into a dust/powder using the end of a paperclip against the SiC. Is this ok to continue scraping the SiC?

Thoughts anyone? PM me if you prefer.

Id torch the SIC until it looks like molten lava....it can take it, then no scraping needed, but, Ive scraped the hell out of my friends dish he got all nasty and it looks fine still.

OK, I sent pics of my nip to CCA, they said they'd get back to me and take care of it. I am not a patient man, and I got plenty of nip pics to send them, so I decided to remove the sucker.

I used 800 wet/dry sandpaper to get rid of the nipple, and then polished with 2000, which left a circular polish for those who want any modifications to be cosmetically neutral. I immediately dropped my box temp to 580 ( as opposed to 630), and got two very large hits ( as opposed to one that starts wispy but gets dense, followed by a very thick cloud that tastes a wee bit burnt). The flavor was superior for both hits, and my IR showed 448 min at the dish (which probably isn't accurate due to reflectivity, but was about the same as my old reading with the high 5 at 630).

A qualitative thermodynamic analysis points to the nipple being a very detrimental machining oversight. The air cushion forces heating through capillary convection, which is not efficient compared to a Ti/Obsidian boundary interaction due to the gas involved. It transfers heat much more slowly and has a mixed delta T between it and it's sandwiching media. This ends up almost resembling a cooling system at this point, in microcosm and not taken as a whole of course. Having these conditions would lead to a cooling after applying your dab, and a period of wispy smoke when the dish looses thermal energy. It then would pick up some energy as the hit progresses and the carb cap works it's magic. There would also be a large delta T between your box and insert. This is exactly what I experienced.

Long story short, sand your nipple off. The nipple is the greatest enemy of your Liger short of a un-spread coil or a bad seal on your carb cap. If CCA wants to use me as a consultant I will get their THERMY-D in order, so that we can cloud search with our brothers as the magical beasts we were meant to be:rockon:

( as a little aside, I have tried a couple custom caps and I keep going back to the Tsunami. Did I just get a good one? It seals so tight, and I can twist it for some spreading action with the twine mod I saw on this forum. Has anyone else had good luck with their Tsunami and 30mm?)

MY.....LIGER....IS.....SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz::razz::razz:

High 5 box
Cheap Chinese Single PERC Flavor Saver
Liger 30mm in gold
Turp Trunk and Tsunami Caps

Personally i feel the Tsunami is by far the best cap in CCAs stable, my unit is very well machined and fits very well, like a paint can lid, the fact it was designed to also correctly fit dnail Halos is a definite plus also.
I have still had better results with some bubble caps but the Tsunami is solid.

sarkunit

Id torch the SIC until it looks like molten lava....it can take it, then no scraping needed, but, Ive scraped the hell out of my friends dish he got all nasty and it looks fine still.

Personally i feel the Tsunami is by far the best cap in CCAs stable, my unit is very well machined and fits very well, like a paint can lid, the fact it was designed to also correctly fit dnail Halos is a definite plus also.
I have still had better results with some bubble caps but the Tsunami is solid.
Which bubble cap do you use for the 30, and where can I buy it? Sorry if I missed it in the forrums:doh:

sarkunit,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Which bubble cap do you use for the 30, and where can I buy it? Sorry if I missed it in the forrums:doh:

Personally, the best cap...by far..... I've tried has been the Weirdeer titty/mushroom cap, Ive used multiple examples and they all perform very very well on the 30 and the 20, as far as i know they are only available straight from his instagram and i had thought he stopped making them as they are custom for the Liger but people have recently said they have purchased caps from him so he may be back to producing the one offs.

ensabbahnur,

sarkunit

Personally, the best cap...by far..... I've tried has been the Weirdeer titty/mushroom cap, Ive used multiple examples and they all perform very very well on the 30 and the 20, as far as i know they are only available straight from his instagram and i had thought he stopped making them as they are custom for the Liger but people have recently said they have purchased caps from him so he may be back to producing the one offs.

The last time Weirdeer posted caps, back in December, I saw them saying to check DMS. I posted there that I was interested and they never replied in the forum. I don't buy things through small online retailers often, and have no idea how to go about contacting them on this :shrug:

sarkunit,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
The last time Weirdeer posted caps, back in December, I saw them saying to check DMS. I posted there that I was interested and they never replied in the forum. I don't buy things through small online retailers often, and have no idea how to go about contacting them on this :shrug:

Contact him via Instagram @wierdeerglass https://www.instagram.com/p/BcxsnocH2No/?taken-by=wierdeerglass

I've had a cap from him that worked, but I prefer the caps from @coojoglass https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaTnRgFVUA/?taken-by=coojoglass

I have two from coojo, one quite restricted the other with a more open airflow.

Pics forthcoming.

:leaf:

alittledabwilldoya',

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Hopefully next week, this nipplegate will be over and we all have nice new ligers with dimples. I am gonna be so pissed if one of the two ligers i get have a nipple. I only mentioned the nipple in my email briefly as the chips and scratches in the bucket was bad enough damage to warrant a replacement.

@sarkunit I just got a cap from Dave last month. $75 shipped. Email him, if you dont have it, its wierdeer@gmail.com

He has a bunch of clear titty caps already made ready for sale. I emailed him and he accepts paypal. He is not the quickest to ship tho but packaged well. Peanuts and bubble wrap and took 12 days to arrive.

I too agree with @ensabbahnur as its the best cap for the 30mm i tried that is readily available. I also have the Chadbro Terp Trunk V2 directional that seals perfectly, 100% but carb hole is tiny and too small and restricts air and taste. Plus the direction is basically pointing towards the wall. It gives great clouds but not as tasty as the weirdeer cap. Its like a glass version of the tsunami cap. I am always looking for a good glass cap for the Ligers.

How about the 20mm Liger, Is the Gordo Riptipe bubble cap the best available cap for the 20mm Liger?

I've had a cap from him that worked, but I prefer the caps from @coojoglass https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaTnRgFVUA/?taken-by=coojoglass

I have two from coojo, one quite restricted the other with a more open airflow.

Pics forthcoming.

:leaf:

How much are their caps? I would love to try.

sarkunit

sarkunit,

sarkunit

OH DANG. I got a reply from David on the Wierdeer titty cap! 75 and I am ready to rock! I am gonna just say it now, this forum helped me reach a new level of dabbing experience. This banger, when set up properly, is the best thing I have ever hit off. I couldn't go back to a quartz hybrid nail, let alone a torch and banger set up. I will get a D nail Halo because of this forums recommendation, but I find it hard to believe any device would give a larger cloud than the liger 30mm with a properly spread out dab and a strong vacuum. I tried it at 630 and it is too much to handle ( snot spilling out, eyes crying, couldn't breath right for about 15 minutes, continuous coughing starting about two minutes AFTER hit) with a decent dab (~.05).

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
OH DANG. I got a reply from David on the Wierdeer titty cap! 75 and I am ready to rock! I am gonna just say it now, this forum helped me reach a new level of dabbing experience. This banger, when set up properly, is the best thing I have ever hit off. I couldn't go back to a quartz hybrid nail, let alone a torch and banger set up. I will get a D nail Halo because of this forums recommendation, but I find it hard to believe any device would give a larger cloud than the liger 30mm with a properly spread out dab and a strong vacuum. I tried it at 630 and it is too much to handle ( snot spilling out, eyes crying, couldn't breath right for about 15 minutes, continuous coughing starting about two minutes AFTER hit) with a decent dab (~.05).

In all of my experiences the Halo crushes the Liger in cloud volume and overall quality lungfuls for the amount of material dabbed, the Liger for sure has a better flavor profile...especially the 20mm, but Ive never even came close...with the ~20 or so caps Ive used on the 20 and 30, to pulling the volume I can out of the Halo with a V2 cap. Not saying the Liger doesn't chug, because it CAN, but the Halo is a beast.

Thats why you get both =D

sarkunit

In all of my experiences the Halo crushes the Liger in cloud volume and overall quality lungfuls for the amount of material dabbed, the Liger for sure has a better flavor profile...especially the 20mm, but Ive never even came close...with the ~20 or so caps Ive used on the 20 and 30, to pulling the volume I can out of the Halo with a V2 cap. Not saying the Liger doesn't chug, because it CAN, but the Halo is a beast.

Thats why you get both =D
On the halo site I only see the universal cap for sale now. If I am not wrong, the old V 2 had three holes and a different design. Is this one the carb cap that you use?

I gotta be honest, I have never been a social smoker, so I don't really know what a "good" dab is. Does the 30mm, with a good Tsunami, give a high quality dab in your opinion? It feels much better than what I have gotten off of a HE hybrid nail, both in volume and flavor, and blows any TI setup out of the water. I guess what I am asking is how much better is the Halo? 10%, 20%, game changer go buy it now don't pass go....etc.....

sarkunit,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
On the halo site I only see the universal cap for sale now. If I am not wrong, the old V 2 had three holes and a different design. Is this one the carb cap that you use?

I gotta be honest, I have never been a social smoker, so I don't really know what a "good" dab is. Does the 30mm, with a good Tsunami, give a high quality dab in your opinion? It feels much better than what I have gotten off of a HE hybrid nail, both in volume and flavor, and blows any TI setup out of the water. I guess what I am asking is how much better is the Halo? 10%, 20%, game changer go buy it now don't pass go....etc.....

Thats the one, Im not sure why they just don't name it something better but Ive always know it as the V2.

I think the 30mm with the Tsunami is a very solid performer, but personally, Ive never been able to get the Tsunami to the level of the Wierdeer cap, the caps on the Liger is its weakest point and 1 of the Halos strongest.

The Halo isn't "better", each nail has its pros and cons and even those lists will be pretty subjective.
IMO the Halos are a better daily driver if for no other reason then they have less caveats to reaching killer performance levels, the cap that was designed for it is nearly flawless, has less parts, less to clean, less screw machining to wear, less risk of spill over from someone not already familiar with the Ligers draw rate, the Halo holds more and is IMO more forgiving with different types of materials like rosins, distillates and sauces. Any of my friends who want to get into dabbing, Ill try to steer towards the Halo as the product and company are more consistent and seem to have less likelihood of future issues.

But, the Liger will find flavors the Halos, in my extensive experience, just don't... or can't?. Also IMO the Liger just looks much more impressive, especially the 30mm with the AH coil.

Its a hard value to quantify, but I will say, I dab my best materials on my 30mm sapphire Liger and not the sapphire Halo, when mine wasn't broken, and if I had a 20mm sapphire insert in my collection that would be the true bees knees of whats currently in the wild. But again, personal preference goes a long way.

TLDR:

you pretty much NEED both and will be glad when you do.

sarkunit

Thats the one, Im not sure why they just don't name it something better but Ive always know it as the V2.

I think the 30mm with the Tsunami is a very solid performer, but personally, Ive never been able to get the Tsunami to the level of the Wierdeer cap, the caps on the Liger is its weakest point and 1 of the Halos strongest.

The Halo isn't "better", each nail has its pros and cons and even those lists will be pretty subjective.
IMO the Halos are a better daily driver if for no other reason then they have less caveats to reaching killer performance levels, the cap that was designed for it is nearly flawless, has less parts, less to clean, less screw machining to wear, less risk of spill over from someone not already familiar with the Ligers draw rate, the Halo holds more and is IMO more forgiving with different types of materials like rosins, distillates and sauces. Any of my friends who want to get into dabbing, Ill try to steer towards the Halo as the product and company are more consistent and seem to have less likelihood of future issues.

But, the Liger will find flavors the Halos, in my extensive experience, just don't... or can't?. Also IMO the Liger just looks much more impressive, especially the 30mm with the AH coil.

Its a hard value to quantify, but I will say, I dab my best materials on my 30mm sapphire Liger and not the sapphire Halo, when mine wasn't broken, and if I had a 20mm sapphire insert in my collection that would be the true bees knees of whats currently in the wild. But again, personal preference goes a long way.

TLDR:

you pretty much NEED both and will be glad when you do.
OK, getting both and what you said rings true compared to everything "enlightened" dabbers profess. I also have a Wierdeer cap on the way thanks to you and the others on this killer forum:clap: I had a hard time imagining anything tasting better than the liger, now that I have it tuned in. I took a hit where the turps were so strong it made my nose sting and I coughed it out:o Every concentrate is distinct and I can finally tell strains apart just from the concentrate, which I couldn't do before at all. Even with nipple gate, it is one of those products that just makes me happy when I look at it. Thanks again for all the help, Dab Shangri La can be can be found here with you all:rockon:

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I agree with basically everything @ensabbahnur said above. I started with the 30mm Liger and Sapphire and then got the Dnail Sapphire halo a month later and a month after that, got the 20mm Liger Sapphire.

Having all three sapphires, i mainly always still use the 30mm Sapphire the most with the 20mm Sapphire becoming a close second. I had a fun 2 week honeymoon with the sapphire halo but i havent used it in two weeks or more since i got my 20mm Liger and sapphire. I use the 30 for full melt hash mainly and the 20mm for sauce and rosin.

I chase taste followed by clouds. And the sapphire halo has a different taste and its mainly due to the non polished and porous surface of the sapphire halo compared to the polished sapphire inserts. The best way to describe the taste different is that the halo is a flat non terpy taste. The Liger just has terps coming thru the air intake into your lungs. My Halo is currently sitting on top of my Flowerpot WA which i havent used in 2 weeks.

Once i get a nano 4-5 inch rig, i will probably pull out the slim base and throw the sapphire halo on that. THe Ligers are just too big for these small rigs.

I also heard that they being CCA will not be making anymore sapphire 20mm inserts and i guess the V4.0 will be 30mm flat inserts only. I guess i will have to grab 1 or 2 of the obsidian 20mm as back up.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Started playing around with the Liger last night. I keep going down with the temps in order to hit the sweet spot. Think I found that point last night at 550 on the readout (still don't have an IR gun but am working on that). It's where I find that shatter will dab some of itself back up on the dabber like a dew drop and then hardens back to shatter again once it cools - yet no darker in color, same as it originally went in the Liger - this is the key right here I feel. I refer to this as "peak efficiency" with my dabs. I can dab seemingly all night like this, conserving and getting the most out of it in the process.

Point of the matter is that I got reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyy stoned last night. I mean colors were distorting and I sort of blacked out/passed out and slept a whole eight hours with like ten separate, very confusing dreams.

That was the highest I've been in a VERY long time. The Liger experience is truly something else. Riptide bubble cap is just.. oh my.... beyond words!!

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
(still don't have an IR gun but am working on that).

Dont get a IR gun as it wont give you accurate readings. You need a K-type thermocouple thermometer and make sure the probe can with stand up to 800F Most online are the cheap ktype probes that go up to 250C which is under 500F. I use a DM6801 with a SS probe online for like $70

I have a IR gun i use for my grill and it sucks on the inserts. The temp jumps around like crazy and you dont know what is the real temp. With the probe, i just leave it inside the bucket until it stops reading.

Shooby,
Reactions: JJ420

Prospector

Dont get a IR gun as it wont give you accurate readings. You need a K-type thermocouple thermometer and make sure the probe can with stand up to 800F Most online are the cheap ktype probes that go up to 250C which is under 500F. I use a DM6801 with a SS probe online for like $70

I have a IR gun i use for my grill and it sucks on the inserts. The temp jumps around like crazy and you dont know what is the real temp. With the probe, i just leave it inside the bucket until it stops reading.

Good tip. I have an IR gun that I just started to use and noticed the temps. did jump around and the readout on my enail compared to my thermometer was a big difference (which I expected).

Prospector,

sarkunit

Ok, My Wierdeer cap is going to ship on Monday. David was very quick to reply to email at wierdeer@gmail.com if anyone else in the forum wants the Nip/Shroom o' Boom:rockon:. As others have said it is 75 through PayPal and you are ready to rock. After applying love and time to my Liger I have had two people say it provided, by far, the best dab they have experienced. I know that a D nail SiC halo will soon sit next to it in defiant challenge, but my mythical beast roars so sweet. Problems or not, it was worth the money and sand paper, because it is unique:tup:.

Top Bottom