1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

CBD Thread, all things CBD discussion and experience and tips

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by MinnBobber, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Thick Vape

CBD definitely has its uses as medicament. I use (vape, dab or ingest) pure CBD and CBD (THC mostly under 0.8%) strains for added entourage effect. A variety of CBD strains is needed.
    For me it seems to affect inflammatory pain long term. It also affects anxiety and mental imbalances, can be a bit sedative depending on the strain.
    Some THC strains work even better against anxiety (and pain anyway).
    I heard from reputable sources that it helps for or against benzodiazepine withdrawal. It works against psychosis according to studies.

It is a welcome addition to the cannabis menu and should be available to everyone, everywhere.

I think I will watch further into CBD creams (and tinctures, because of my lung) after reading some of the statements above.
    Hope I can find cheap small volume tester creams.

MinnBobber likes this.
  2. Sick Vape

Sick Vape Thick Vape

What are the typical effective dosages you see? I normally tried to inhale near pure CBD or ate small amounts with mixed small effects. Now I ate a bigger amount, maybe 100mg and the effects were significant for a while.
    Is there something like a threshold value?
    I know 1 experiment is no experiment.

Jill NYC likes this.
  3. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

Dosage is wildly variable from individual to individual.
    Everyone's biochemistry is different enough, we react differently.
    #1 form of medicine
    #2 ingestion method
    #3 BMI (your size is a variable)
    #4 how well you absorb and process the drugs (dependent upon digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid levels, or your ability to inhale large amounts of vape, or if you can handle hi potency tinctures sublingually

Depending on the form, I've seen people respond to as little as 30mg of CBD incredibly well.
    Some use the edible oils that they are loosely calling tinctures (they are not technically), these are infused oils that contain CBD in a MCT coconut base oil. My 92 y.o. father takes 210mg at night and it helps his BPH immensely. Instead of 75 min of sleep in between getting up to pee, it's now 4 hours. That's a win!

So you're going to have to experiment with what form you'll use and how you'll use it.
    Crystalline CBD isolate has never worked for me orally/sublingually, but vaped, it's fine.

I'd play around with it a bit start wit 20mg, just for example say a capsule orally, wait a couple hours see how that made you feel, try 40 mg, see how that feels, but give it plenty of time each time so you know you've sensed a difference at some point. I've done doses as high as 500-600mg (which can actually be helpful for someone who's done WAY too much THC).

Good luck.

4. hans solo

hans solo Left coast Canada

I combine 1.5 grams of CBD Isolate with 13.5ml of mct oil,this gives a dosage of 5mg per drop.
    Subliminally 4-6 drops work for me!

5. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

While "below the threshold of consciousness" works well in the sentence, I suspect he means under the tongue. (Sublingually) The cool part is, my browser's spell check suggests the word used even when I spell my word correctly.

hibeam, macbill, Sick Vape and 2 others like this.
  6. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Sublingually! lol

Although, seeing someone do that Subliminally would be...something :tinfoil:

C No Ego, hans solo and Sick Vape like this.
  7. hans solo

hans solo Left coast Canada

Damm speelllcheeeck!,,,,!,,,

Jill NYC, Ramahs and Sick Vape like this.
  8. looney2nz

looney2nz Research Geek, Mad Scientist

I was just gonna let it lay there ;)

9. Ramahs

Meh...a little fun in the thread is nice :)

looney2nz likes this.
  10. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

awesome new info on how we transfer anandamide to others via consciousness... when we peacefully Vibe another person with our honest intent their endocannabinoid system instantly kicks in and produces more anandamide for the vibed person to feel more calm and peaceful. we are subliminally activating their endocannabinoid tone like a tuning fork LOL

Ramahs, looney2nz and hibeam like this.
  11. hibeam

hibeam alpha +

You know how canines greet each other and calm themselves with a nice big sleepy yawn? Is that self-triggering serotonin?

Back to OT, CBD isolate, no matter the delivery, at the effective dose makes me hella cranky when it wears off until I dose more THC. At first it even triggered headaches. Come downs from THC flower or concentrates do not. So I tried vaping a 1:1 strain of flower and same prob. So I must time things. But my tolerance to THC has stabilized as LOW with the daily addition of CBD in some form. Over a year of 3 per day doses 10mg THC and no real tolerance increase. It got up there for awhile when I went through a cart of distillate, but within days of adding CBD to make the day 1:2, I noticed increased effectiveness of my combined use as an anti-inflammatory and psychoactive. Dose timing is key because I need the bit of mental raciness from the Sativas.

C No Ego likes this.
  12. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

CBD products are legal here in MN but what about CBD flowers? And in other states?
    Would CBD flowers in a tamperproof container, certified to have less than the 0.3% THC threshold be legal?

Law enforcement is used to the CBD oils/tinctures/gummies/creams, but would CBD flowers be legal?

13. Ramahs

I think that the answer to that would be "technically, yes, but at your own risk".

14. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

it is their way of centering after the full out joy of greeting another... instead of fizzling that joy away they tuck it deep inside with a well placed yawn. wise beings those dogs are

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors