Carta by Focus V

Glass Pound

Just got my production Carta V and it isn't working.... Anyone else have issues with theirs?

I turn it on, heat it up, heats for half a second then all white flashing lights.

Back to dabbing on my beta I go.

Try un threading the coil a few turns. One of my coils does this if its screwed in tightly

Glass Pound,

Gakiya309

Are you Q tipping the insert clean after every load?
I was, it was leaving a charred ring at the bottom. Atomizer definitely burned out. Super low heat on lvl 4 and the oil doesn’t even melt. I thought last night it was getting super hot bc I’ve never seen the ceramic glow as bright orange as it did last night.

Gakiya309,

Dabarosa

Update on mine: it works but I decided to use my older batteries on my new unit since they were already charged and it didn’t work with those.

Threw in the new batteries and it worked no problem with all three of my V2 atomizers.

Also anyone have any luck with the iOS app? I just pulled out my old android and will try to use that app shortly

Dabarosa,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
So been working with the carta for a few days...I feel as if my atomizer isn’t burning properly. A lot of my product is rising to the top of the bucket along with a burnt taste....and that was on temp lvl 1! Like the very first taste will taste ok but after that tastes like a burnt coil from old pen days ha. I swapped out quartz dishes... did a iso swab and that’s where I feel the taste went downhill. The first two days this thing was amazing, tasted great all the way thru and was able to burn one dab at like 2-3 heat cycles even on lvl 3. Now I burn on lvl 1 and I get one good hit of good flavor and one heat cycle run....

I feel like my Carta arrived in a similar state.

I didnt try my early v2 atomizer that was shipped out before the production Carta, I'll try that today after work.

I noticed that that my early v2 atomizer is different than the atomizer that came with the production Carta.

Did we get an updated Android app yet? I can't get mine to connect.

Last edited:
jimsmith90210,

mmafighterthe25

Was that with free shipping?

Well gang, my Carta just landed.... charging now! :D
I'm gonna go take my first Carta dab on the balcony any minute! What a beautiful day today! :smug:

Nah I had a 10% off coupon so shipping over night was 25 so basically free. It has pass through charging right haha I Wana use in when home right away

mmafighterthe25,
Reactions: elykpeace

freddiegibbs

Between the lawsuit and this, Puffco should be worried. On top of an overpriced base, it took expensive 3rd party glass and cups for my Peak to even feel like a good device. Yet right out of the box, the Carta is already better than my modded Peak. And I haven't even installed the app yet. As long as it holds up to long term use (and with the warranty, I'm not too worried) this thing is going to be a home run.

Tried a .12g dab just to start testing how much the atomizer can take, and the answer is apparently....not .12g, lol. I got 3 full cycles at level 2 of nice tasty vapor without much loss in flavor by the 3rd one. At first glance cleanup didn't seem too bad. There was still a lot left in the cup to wipe, but only a little oil in the well of the cap. But I pulled the cup out and found a lot of material on the heating element, which was pristine before this dab:

33lgfn6.jpg

So just be careful with larger quantities. I also hot loaded that one, so maybe a cold load would have had a cleaner result.

Last edited:

dabdaddy420tv

Seeing all these is getting me excited. Hopefully my shipping notification comes soon from focus v. Just hoping it’s here before 4/20

dabdaddy420tv,

Regiion

Seeing all these is getting me excited. Hopefully my shipping notification comes soon from focus v. Just hoping it’s here before 4/20
yea same i wanna take my first toke out of the carta so much hype! they said today the rest of the preorders we should have tracking by tonight and if not the rest will go out tmo so hopefully!! im from canada so its gonna take a bit longer for me

Regiion,

dabdaddy420tv

yea same i wanna take my first toke out of the carta so much hype! they said today the rest of the preorders we should have tracking by tonight and if not the rest will go out tmo so hopefully!! im from canada so its gonna take a bit longer for me
I just hope it gets to me before 4/20 I got some plans for my channel I’ve been waiting on for a month lol

dabdaddy420tv,

Fkn0wned

Got my V2 in today, I tried to get it to connect to the Android app but I am not having any success I turn the unit on and nothing comes up on the drop down list to connect to.

Also why does the App require so many unnecessary permissions?

Has anybody had success and if so what were the steps you took to get yourself there?

Fkn0wned,
Reactions: LTBOOKEM

Glass Pound

33lgfn6.jpg

So just be careful with larger quantities. I also hot loaded that one, so maybe a cold load would have had a cleaner result.

Quartz or ti bucket? I seem to get spill over with quartz but not ti

Last edited by a moderator:
Glass Pound,
Reactions: Summer

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
Got my production unit today. Been using it for the past 5 hours at a friend's house, just passing it around. Love the quartz bucket, it has so much flavor at level 1, and kick it up to level 2 about 20 seconds in for thicker clouds. The preset temps are perfect where they are and so far the quartz bucket is working well.

The ceramic disk on V2 atomizer is starting to darken up around the edges, I clean with a qtip after every dab, but I'll do a iso swab when I get back home. It's still hitting good, no complaints there.

Also still no success with the Android app. Even tried to delete the app and download the (newer) version of the app on the website. Idk if it's updated or not. But no luck with the app yet. On a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Android 8.0.

I do have a software update due for Android 9.0 but I've been holding off on that for the Carta to come in. Now I'm thinking about going ahead and updating lol

Glass Pound

Got my production unit today. Been using it for the past 5 hours at a friend's house, just passing it around. Love the quartz bucket, it has so much flavor at level 1, and kick it up to level 2 about 20 seconds in for thicker clouds. The preset temps are perfect where they are and so far the quartz bucket is working well.

The ceramic disk on V2 atomizer is starting to darken up around the edges, I clean with a qtip after every dab, but I'll do a iso swab when I get back home. It's still hitting good, no complaints there.

Also still no success with the Android app. Even tried to delete the app and download the (newer) version of the app on the website. Idk if it's updated or not. But no luck with the app yet. On a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 running Android 8.0.

I do have a software update due for Android 9.0 but I've been holding off on that for the Carta to come in. Now I'm thinking about going ahead and updating lol

I'm on android 9 and it dosent work/connect. My gf is on 7 something and it works. I also re installed the updated version today and still not connecting.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Guys! sorry no the new updated one is not on the site yet! i got bombarded with emails and calls tonight so I didn't get a chance! I will for sure make it my priority first thing in the morning to get it up on the site!

LTBOOKEM

Got my V2 in today, I tried to get it to connect to the Android app but I am not having any success I turn the unit on and nothing comes up on the drop down list to connect to.

Also why does the App require so many unnecessary permissions?

Has anybody had success and if so what were the steps you took to get yourself there?
I recieved mine today too. I'm having the exact same issues with the android app. Hopefully Focus V can get that solved tonight.

Also did anybody else notice the hole is bigger in the center tube of the glass attachment? It's way better than the beta glass. The hole on the beta is way too small and clogged on me twice.

Last edited:
LTBOOKEM,

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
I'm on android 9 and it dosent work/connect. My gf is on 7 something and it works. I also re installed the updated version today and still not connecting.
I ended up digging up my old Galaxy S6 and the bluetooth app worked flawlessly. Auto-connected right away. We'll see if the update tomorrow fixes the connectivity with the newer models.

Aggi,

Gakiya309

Why is this still not working for me? Man honestly, where’s some iOS love? I don’t have the option of using an android. I have multiple iphones. I’d really love to see this app working, as I still want to dial the device down on temp.
Still no luck for me as well.

Gakiya309,
Top Bottom