Carta by Focus V

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
So is there a version 1 and 2. I'm buying it off vapeactive.com there selling a v2 atomizer. There a v2 unit?

I should have been more clear

v1 device and antomizer are the beta units

the device I called "v2" is the production unit.

As far as I know resellers should only have "v2" production units.

jimsmith90210,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Think I’m about to pull the trigger on the CartaV. Recently sold the Liger 30mm sic setup. Had been looking at the peak for many months.

What’s the biggest dab it can handle without spilling?

Been Vapin,

jimsmith90210

Who Is Nate?
My production Carta arrived today. I cannot seem to get the Android app to connect.

I swapped out the Ti bucket for the quartz, loaded about a tic-tac worth of sugar. Tried a few hits at level 1, not much going on. Bump up to level 2, little bit more vapor but nothing to be excited about.

I used my phone flashlight to inspect the bucket. Lot's of dark brown oil but only along the edge, the middle of the bucket was clean, I could clearly see the white of the heating element through the bottom of the quartz butcket.

I mopped up the oil and removed the bucket and the quartz has an odd char ring

Photo:

https://ibb.co/C8s7k6t

I've used a few q-tips and 91% ISO to no avail, that makes me think it's scorched?

Most of this behavior is very similar to when I use my cheap Chinese aftermarket quartz insert with my Peak. On my Peak, when the quartz seats well, it's great, but when it doesn't you get lackluster wispy hits and only a fraction of the oil gets vaporized.

With the quartz bucket installed and everything screwed back together, should there be any rattle from the quartz (similar to the rattle of a peak atomizer with the stock insert) or should be it 100% solid with no rattle?

edit: just tried the production Ti bucket, not much better

Last edited:
jimsmith90210,
Reactions: biohacker

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys! I think I have a updated version of the app for iOS and android (should work with all) but I am still in the registration process for apple which is why some people have had issues installing.

Gonna do a stream with nadia from the epic team tonight on IG will give more updates then!

elykpeace

exVASted
Hey guys! I think I have a updated version of the app for iOS and android (should work with all) but I am still in the registration process for apple which is why some people have had issues installing.

Gonna do a stream with nadia from the epic team tonight on IG will give more updates then!
Tried to get in the stream.

Anyone know how Instagram live works?

elykpeace,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Hey what’s up with my beta replace,my I can’t van access the form cause I live in Canada.
This isn’t cool I need some help to be in time fold since I’m a beta buyer who needs the new unit with v2 atty plus a herb chamber would be nice as well it’s been a while since I inquired but I hope all is available by now?
But it doesn’t help I can’t access the forms.

Help, medicalmark

medicalmark,

dabdaddy420tv

Hey what’s up with my beta replace,my I can’t van access the form cause I live in Canada.
This isn’t cool I need some help to be in time fold since I’m a beta buyer who needs the new unit with v2 atty plus a herb chamber would be nice as well it’s been a while since I inquired but I hope all is available by now?
But it doesn’t help I can’t access the forms.

Help, medicalmark
Hit them up on Instagram. I’m sure they will be able to help you out

Waiting4carta

Carta is amazing. Loving the device but it's time for a clean.. how is everyone cleaning the titanium bowls? Quartz can be torched to clean.. same story with titanium? And what bout the passage /atomizer thread?

Waiting4carta,

freddiegibbs

Mine was delivered just now. Really nice to have the extra atomizer, thanks @FocusV! Additionally, as a beta customer, it's great to have a backup glass piece, carb cap, and set of batteries.

Took 4 quick dabs just to capture some early impressions.

#1: Titanium cup, level 1, hot load - This was interesting. Very wispy, but I tasted some subtle flavors in my rosin that I had never tasted before, even in blue on the Peak. There was quite a bit left in the cup, but it did not produce any more vapor when I fired level 1 again.

#2: Titanium cup, level 2, cold load - Nice thick vapor, but too hot for me. The taste started to go bad before the green light went out. Sweet spot with titanium for me is definitely going to be somewhere between levels 1 and 2. Also no immediate spillage like there was with the first atomizer. Here's what the cup looks like after some vigorous swabbing:

156cvwo.jpg

#3: Quartz cup, level 1, cold load - Wispy like the first dab, but tastier. I liked this.

#4: Quartz cup, level 2, hot load - Best one by far. Medium vapor, but A+ flavor. Better than anything I've been able to produce with this rosin on the Peak. This will probably be my go-to until I can dial it in with the app. Quartz cup also wipes totally clean, which is nice. And no spillage that I can detect.

Last edited:

Gakiya309

So been working with the carta for a few days...I feel as if my atomizer isn’t burning properly. A lot of my product is rising to the top of the bucket along with a burnt taste....and that was on temp lvl 1! Like the very first taste will taste ok but after that tastes like a burnt coil from old pen days ha. I swapped out quartz dishes... did a iso swab and that’s where I feel the taste went downhill. The first two days this thing was amazing, tasted great all the way thru and was able to burn one dab at like 2-3 heat cycles even on lvl 3. Now I burn on lvl 1 and I get one good hit of good flavor and one heat cycle run. Any advice?

Edit: yea so....pretty sure my atty is burned out. Done couple runs on lvl 4 and oil is just sitting there, I guess time to try out that warranty

Last edited:

Dabarosa

Just got my production Carta V and it isn't working.... Anyone else have issues with theirs?

I turn it on, heat it up, heats for half a second then all white flashing lights.

Back to dabbing on my beta I go.

Dabarosa,

Gakiya309

Just got my production Carta V and it isn't working.... Anyone else have issues with theirs?

I turn it on, heat it up, heats for half a second then all white flashing lights.

Back to dabbing on my beta I go.
Make sure it’s on a full charge. If the battery is too low and you try and heat on a lvl 3-4 it won’t let you

Gakiya309,

freddiegibbs

I threw a few more strains of rosin at quartz level 2 and ohhh my goodness! I can barely get my stuff to taste this good on my e-nail. Game changer, no doubt. Can't wait to get the updated Helix. There is definitely room for improvement on the carb cap though. I would be interested to hear what others have found.

Hoosier

I threw a few more strains of rosin at quartz level 2 and ohhh my goodness! I can barely get my stuff to taste this good on my e-nail. Game changer, no doubt. Can't wait to get the updated Helix. There is definitely room for improvement on the carb cap though. I would be interested to hear what others have found.

Sounds like you are having the same experience that I am! Carta FTW

Top Bottom