Cannabis Infused...Bacon Grease?

SD_haze

While cooking 2lbs of bacon in the oven today, I got a thought.

Bacon grease is about the fat content of butter, but has even more saturated fats.
I've read a number of places that fat substances with higher saturated %'s bind more readily with THC and other cannabinoids than, say, most vegetable oils (except coconut).

Despite this, I've never heard of anyone infusing bacon grease with cannabis. Not even in any medical dispensary, and i've seen many 100s of menus over the years (i like window shopping :p)

I'd imagine it might make for a tasty all-purpose "savory sauce" type edible that would be handy for sandwiches and whatnot.

I'm saving this batches grease for sure!

SD_haze,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
We have a long history over in this part of the world of eating dripping to spread onto bread (I'm not into it though). Beef is meant to be the tastiest, followed by pork. My grandmother also enjoys turkey dripping on her toast. Yuck.

Would the dissolved load of salt in bacon juice reduce the saturation level for the THC?

WatTyler,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im sure it would work and work handily :D

I would just see an issue with the post infusion straining (unless you dont strain at all)

Hells yeah! I think this would be an awesome idea! Fuck, in fact it makes me want to try it as I have my favoritest food in the world that requires a little bacon grease.

Mmmmmm, infused refried beans... *Drools*

AGBeer,

treecityrnd

Coming from the Midwest (meat & potatoes), this may be the best idea I've ever heard. SD, you are a genius!

treecityrnd,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Everything is better with bacon my friends! Just look at Wat's avatar . . its awesome! :bowdown:

That is a pig . . . right??? :huh:

Awesome idea SD.

t-dub,

SD_haze

AGBeer said:
Im sure it would work and work handily :D

I would just see an issue with the post infusion straining (unless you dont strain at all)

Hells yeah! I think this would be an awesome idea! Fuck, in fact it makes me want to try it as I have my favoritest food in the world that requires a little bacon grease.

Mmmmmm, infused refried beans... *Drools*

Yeah if you were making it with kief or hash oil, well any concentrate, there wouldn't be much need to strain.

It'd also probably better to do a short infusion, definitely not a mega 12-hour one, for the purposes of making a really tasty canna-bacon oil.

When I make oven bacon I always add some kind of seasoning to the bacon and press it in beforehand, savory herbs & pepper and such. The bacon itself is also applewood smoked (from costco, I buy 4 lbs at once and honestly it goes quickly haha) so the final final end product should taste delicious just spread on some freshly baked bread.

I'm storing the bacon grease in a big ceramic mug, so I might even be able to heat the cup and do the infusion within there, so there'd be absolutely no oil lost from pouring/transferring it to other containers.

SD_haze,

madnezz344

live free and live elevated :}
So did you make some of this SD_haze???

Throw it in some hummus :p

madnezz344,

SD_haze

Still have a big batch of white chocolate maple cookies but its definitely going to be my next edibles project. Rarely have time for edibles now that college has started up so might be awhile.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom