Cannabis in a compounding base

Daniel

I'm new here, and after perusing this seems like the right place....

How and would it be possible to suspend a THC tincture in a compounding base as used for some pharms? I'm have in my possession a (large) bottle of Acid Mantle.

Acid_Mantle_Skin_Restore_Cream_16_oz_Jar.jpg

and some tincture. The base has cetearyl alcohol and some lipids in its composition, which THC is known to be soluble in.

The questions are; how to combine the base with the tincture (if possible), and if using a liposomal encapsulation (i.e. soy lecithin) would make transdermal administration viable.

There's a paper at (www.votehemp.com/PDF/Transdermal_THC_final.PDF) that states that transdermal uptake of THC from 100% pure hemp oil ranges from 5-16%, but i'm wondering if a lipisodial-THC concentrate would boost that number, in order for smaller doses to be effective.

Daniel,

weedemon

enthusiast
you have an interesting idea here, also would certain areas of the body be better places to apply? i'm thinking in areas that you sweat more naturally. but maybe it doesn't matter? I don't really know about skin absorption of thc, but you have my interest! :)

weedemon,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Sorry, but that's not where "I" was thinking when I read that :lol:

smokum,

Daniel

browsing a few days ago i saw a BadKittySmiles post on another forum that said something along the lines of whenever she makes canna oil and rubs it into her hands it has analgesic effects. after some more research, i've found that lipid-soulble substances can reach the epidermis.

i need to make more tincture also, can someone link a recipe where yield is stressed?

Daniel,

quentin123

The only really effective transdermal means of drug application I've every seen are dissolving said compound in DMSO, which really isn't very good for your skin. . . All those compounds were being administered behind the ears and on the wrists (like where you would put aftershave).
This is a really interesting idea though. . .

quentin123,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have used DMSO since I was a kid. We had horses and used it out at the barn all of the time. I have been experimenting with making a targeted trans-dermal for muscle spasms that will have little psychoactive effect. Since DMSO is both a polar and non-polar solvent I thought dissolving actives in it would be easy but so far its a no go. Human grade DMSO can be found here (I use the 90% gel) although most of my life I used the bottle with the horse on it :)

t-dub,

quentin123

t-dub, thanks for the link, that really is interesting. I don't think I would use it (I have bad dermatitis and I know some people get rash's from DMSO) but that really does sound like it might have potential. . .

quentin123,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If the DMSO irritates your skin its because its to high a % (too strong). If you try the 60% with the aloe and skin stuff in it it won't do that. After you get used to it you can progress up to the stronger stuff.

t-dub,
Top Bottom