Cannabis hydrosol

Khantagious

I was fortunate enough to become acquainted with a master at botanical extraction; he has been distilling herbal essences his entire life, and makes his living selling his products to botanical perfumeries.

He recently gave me a sample of a cannabis hydrosol that he had made, and wow, I have never tasted anything quite as amazingly delicious as a single drop of this liquid on my tongue.

I don't know too much about herbal extraction myself, but he was explaining to me that the hydrosol is basically a more pure and delicate form of an essential oil, and that it is made the same way as essential oils but at lower temperatures, and you can only get the hydrosol out at the very beginning of the process (after that, you wind up with the essential oil, which is somehow different).

This guy isn't the most scientifically inclined person (he considers himself an "alchemist"), so I am not sure I can count on him for the scientifically correct answers about all this stuff. Anybody else have any experience with hydrosols?

Khantagious,

weedemon

enthusiast
never heard of this before but it sound s really interesting. can you please tell us more about the method? what solvents does he use?

weedemon,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
weedemon said:
never heard of this before but it sound s really interesting. can you please tell us more about the method? what solvents does he use?
Since he's an alchemist, I would guess lead. :lol:

Stu,
Reactions: killick

SD_haze

"Hydrosols are the condensate water coproduced during the steam- or hydro-distillation of plant material. It contains the whole plant, stem, root and flowers in every drop of the tincture."

sounds intriguing

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ok! Did you get high or it was just tasty.. cause i got some cannabis sativa essential oil which tastes just like bud.. but has no THC in it..

Abysmal Vapor,

Khantagious

He doesn't use any solvents at all, he use an alembic still, so the extract is pure plant essence with no additives.

Here's where it gets interesting, and where I wish the guy was a little more of a chemist than an alchemist so that I can get more of a straight answer from him: apparently there is TCH in the hydrosol, but it is in some more "primitive" form that is not detected when hemp-derived products are tested for psychoactivity. So he believes he will be able to sell this stuff as easily as the people who make hemp lip balm and culinary oils that you can buy in health food stores. But, he told me that it is definitely a psychedelic experience if you ingest the right amount.

I was already somewhat vaked by the time I tried it, and I kind of have way too high of a tolerance lately, so I did not notice any specific psychoactive effects from this. The main thing for me that makes me want to go back and get more was the taste. It was this amazing taste that I can only describe as all of the deliciousness of cannabis concentrated into a single drop, and I could taste it in my mouth for the rest of the day.

Hopefully I will see him some time later this week to find out more, and hopefully get a bottle for myself to take home :cool:

Khantagious,
Top Bottom