Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

tb42091

Finally reunited with my flowerpot after 6 months of staying with family for the pandemic and it feels so good!

The first hit is a cold bowl, I let the bowl warm up a bit more before taking the second hit. Edit: apparently the second hit got cut off :o

Edit2: let's try vimeo instead of imgur

Edit3: much better, deleted imgur link

Lol my first stand was a metal pipe flange as a foot with a piece of metal tubing screwed into it. That heat shield does look pretty good, though it is kinda expensive. Unfortunately it seems like all building materials have gone up in price recently here in the US so maybe that is part of it. In my head I was picturing a cage like that that screws into the metal enail handle so the heat shield travels with the head, but I think this method probably looks better.

Last edited:
Quick question about the sapphire dish: on CH’s website under the thermal shock disclaimer it says something along the lines of “do not use any metal without pre warming them”. What does this mean? Am I supposed to pre-warm the metal dabber and carb cap before it makes contact with the hot dish?

BV Brothchild,
Reactions: Manity

snackmaster

@thevapist 🤷‍♂️ dunno I've got a WE head but got really curious about the VROD and wanted to try it out, and then it seemed like lots of folks like the old showerhead because of its mass so I wanted to simulate that. I'm liking ~600 at the moment.

@Vape Soda working well but I didn't use it with the dish much at all so I gotta switch back at some point to really get a feel for if it makes a difference.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've never pulled my bowl to clear the glass chamber. I only remove the Vrod from the bowl and then pick up my pull speed to clear the glass.

It's wide open enough that I don't feel the need to pull the bowl at all.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Still honeymooning with my VRod and really enjoying it! Really liking the low temp hits with the carb cap but I I don't think I like capping my weedeater? I'm getting uneven extraction on the top of the bowl, only half is dark. I don't spin my cap, 1 to avoid the dark powder that has been reported and 2 the universal cap doesn't lend itself to spinning. So I've gone back to a uncapped weedeater.

delta hotel

I've never pulled my bowl to clear the glass chamber. I only remove the Vrod from the bowl and then pick up my pull speed to clear the glass.

It's wide open enough that I don't feel the need to pull the bowl at all.
I use one of the little 14mm basket screens in my shovelhead bowl to reduce the depth of the bowl. It microdoses more efficiently and it raises the flower closet to the heat. I haven't gone back from using it this way since I did. The downside though is that since it reduces the bowl depth, is that it's very close to the rim and not pulling the bowl can cause ABV to blow everywhere from the back pressure.

delta hotel,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vapoz

So I'm back with more testing and the fault was at the user, not the VROD :)

I still believe my VROD does run a little bit lower, for a dark brown ABV I need to go to 700F
Right now I like the 680F uncapped.
I also don't got clouds as big as I see BUT they are intense and I get way higher then my E-Nano., finally satisfying clouds!
For me the E-Nano still wins on taste, but that does not matter, they can compliment each other. Also the DTV4 with SIC crucible tastes way bether then the SIC-dish (running different temps). So I will spend the next weekend trying out how to take proper dabs of the VROD :)

I know understand why people call this endgame.

vaping herbs

Hi,
Has anyone ordered the Flowerpot directly from the manufacturer to Germany?
I would be interested in what still comes for extra costs from customs?

vaping herbs,
Reactions: BigJr48

stonewatcher

So I'm back with more testing and the fault was at the user, not the VROD :)

I still believe my VROD does run a little bit lower, for a dark brown ABV I need to go to 700F
Right now I like the 680F uncapped.
I also don't got clouds as big as I see BUT they are intense and I get way higher then my E-Nano., finally satisfying clouds!
For me the E-Nano still wins on taste, but that does not matter, they can compliment each other. Also the DTV4 with SIC crucible tastes way bether then the SIC-dish (running different temps). So I will spend the next weekend trying out how to take proper dabs of the VROD :)

I know understand why people call this endgame.

I would highly recommend a couple of 5mm Terp Pearls! I’ve had great success with them and they brought the dabbing experience from 3/10 to 9/10. I was really having trouble.

I use Sapphire Pearls but others have had success with Ruby and SiC as well. I got a 10 pack for $10 + shipping from “Greek Glass Shop” online.

Last edited:
stonewatcher,
Reactions: Ramahs

Circa1999

My unit has been turning its self off without me pushing the button?

Is this some sort of a glitch or something, does anyone know what caused it?

Do I need to warranty/replace anything?

stonewatcher

Do you have the Auber? It has an “auto off” feature.
You can disable this or change the time it takes to shut off. The instructions can be found in the manual.

I have no experience with Cannabis Hardware Controller.

Vaporware

Yeah, the Auber has an adjustable auto off feature, but the other controller they sell should stay on as long as your outlet does.

If you have that controller and it’s plugged straight into the wall I’d look for problems with the outlet or the power to your whole place. Maybe try plugging it in somewhere else?

If you have an Auber though, just adjust that setting and you’ll be good. :)

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I use one of the little 14mm basket screens in my shovelhead bowl to reduce the depth of the bowl. It microdoses more efficiently and it raises the flower closet to the heat. I haven't gone back from using it this way since I did. The downside though is that since it reduces the bowl depth, is that it's very close to the rim and not pulling the bowl can cause ABV to blow everywhere from the back pressure.
Have you tried removing the screen at all, and just use the Arizer basket screen??
It fits perfectly inside the post, but depending on your rig joint, you might need to up the temperature, since most of female joints are deeper than male jointed rigs, thus the Shovelhead bowl post sits deeper at the joint, lowering the basket inside.
I have old bowls, but I believe the bowl post changed ID through years of versions.
Before, the posts were different ID, 14mm/18mm posts ID were different, those Arizer basket screens only fit the 18mm bowl posts.
For the 14mm bowl post, I use the EVO ELBs top lid. Of course they’re cost prohibited, at $20 plus for 2x ELB basket, it’s a robbery.
Those Arizer baskets that fit both new versions of the bowl posts are at Amazon 20x $6.
Now that’s a deal.
Prefill them as you will do for a portable, and you’ll enjoy back to back to back hits, and not even need to clean them, just left them aside and clean them all later.
Or a friends reunion, all will get the same dose, that is around 0.05g per screen. YMMV.
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente.

I try to sit the bowl post just on the bottom rim line, where the default screen will sit, so no fresh weed or ABV drops from the basket and get under the basket and not vape, or make it harder to clean and dump.
1F733B4F-45EE-46A3-B645-25585F5C4D16.jpeg
Then you just drop and fit the Arizer basket screen inside the bowl post, and no need to bother with an extra screen on top.
This way, prevents some of the blowback that many very open flow rigs do because of not pulling the bowl for cleaning the hit.
The Matrix I own does that annoying blowback thing because it’s so open airflow that’s inevitable of its physics action.
Notice how ELB EVO (right of the photo and right bowl) lids are thinner ID and load less than the Arizer baskets.
Nowadays Arizer baskets fit both 14/18mm bowl posts versions.
0D0BCFE4-3DD8-4B32-B0CA-672B80E83029.jpeg

I think I read both PIDs have an internal SHUT-OFF Mode.
Auber (assembled at the states, but made from all the same standard Chinese chips and motherboards and resistors and technology, all come from CHINA, not united states, 99% of PID controllers sold in the states, all come from China) is set by default to 60-90 minutes to shut-off I believe.
And Vapecode (NV FP PID Legacy brand chip controller PID) controllers have it set to infinite hours or 999 hours. If you read a generic or Auber PDF Manual for any PID, most of their settings are exactly the same, just using different manual interfaces to connect, Auber switched to a more expensive knob, citing “user friendly”, while encasing the whole system in a cheap ass looking case. While generic Vapecode controllers went with a nicer external case, but using the regular buttons interface, that many complain that it jumps big numbers while changing with the buttons, minor hurdle since many people don’t change their temperature at any of their NV FP heads.
I keep mines at 666F tops, and I can easily combust with any of them.
Crossing fingers it isn’t a broken PID and it’s just the auto shut-off.
Good luck. Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente.

Last edited:

snackmaster

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it would be effective (its almost identical to a design I had, I call the "turbulent turn")
But if you're not using the vrod dish, and you want more heated surface area, you could also just get a Weedeater top.

delta hotel

Have you tried removing the screen at all, and just use the Arizer basket screen??
It fits perfectly inside the post, but depending on your rig joint, you might need to up the temperature, since most of female joints are deeper than male jointed rigs, thus the Shovelhead bowl post sits deeper at the joint, lowering the basket inside.
I have old bowls, but I believe the bowl post changed ID through years of versions.
Before, the posts were different ID, 14mm/18mm posts ID were different, those Arizer basket screens only fit the 18mm bowl posts.
For the 14mm bowl post, I use the EVO ELBs top lid. Of course they’re cost prohibited, at $20 plus for 2x ELB basket, it’s a robbery.
Those Arizer baskets that fit both new versions of the bowl posts are at Amazon 20x $6.
Now that’s a deal.
Prefill them as you will do for a portable, and you’ll enjoy back to back to back hits, and not even need to clean them, just left them aside and clean them all later.
Or a friends reunion, all will get the same dose, that is around 0.05g per screen. YMMV.
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente.

I try to sit the bowl post just on the bottom rim line, where the default screen will sit, so no fresh weed or ABV drops from the basket and get under the basket and not vape, or make it harder to clean and dump.
View attachment 8561
Then you just drop and fit the Arizer basket screen inside the bowl post, and no need to bother with an extra screen on top.
This way, prevents some of the blowback that many very open flow rigs do because of not pulling the bowl for cleaning the hit.
The Matrix I own does that annoying blowback thing because it’s so open airflow that’s inevitable of its physics action.
Notice how ELB EVO (right of the photo and right bowl) lids are thinner ID and load less than the Arizer baskets.
Nowadays Arizer baskets fit both 14/18mm bowl posts versions.
View attachment 8562

I think I read both PIDs have an internal SHUT-OFF Mode.
Auber (assembled at the states, but made from all the same standard Chinese chips and motherboards and resistors and technology, all come from CHINA, not united states, 99% of PID controllers sold in the states, all come from China) is set by default to 60-90 minutes to shut-off I believe.
And Vapecode (NV FP PID Legacy brand chip controller PID) controllers have it set to infinite hours or 999 hours. If you read a generic or Auber PDF Manual for any PID, most of their settings are exactly the same, just using different manual interfaces to connect, Auber switched to a more expensive knob, citing “user friendly”, while encasing the whole system in a cheap ass looking case. While generic Vapecode controllers went with a nicer external case, but using the regular buttons interface, that many complain that it jumps big numbers while changing with the buttons, minor hurdle since many people don’t change their temperature at any of their NV FP heads.
I keep mines at 666F tops, and I can easily combust with any of them.
Crossing fingers it isn’t a broken PID and it’s just the auto shut-off.
Good luck. Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente.
I have the basket screen flipped over the other way sitting on top of the post. It does fit both my 14/18mm posts well. I have it flipped over so the rim sits on the top of the post, then I fit the screen to that. That's how I've reduced the depth of the bowl.

I'm curious as to how this method works though.

delta hotel,
Top Bottom