Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This was super helpful. Should I discontinue using it? Nothing noticeable I put it back on and it works fine.

I say keep using it! With the location of the chip I wouldn't expect it to cause any further issues.

I've got a ruby insert with a huge crack in the bottom that still works fine for a few years now. It's a crystal lattice so it shouldnt further fracture, like broken glass might.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
As I always cough after a hit, I make sure my head is turned away from my dish, human spit is probably 300f cooler then the dish. That’s not how mine cracked, but I NEVER want to experience a $150.00 COUGH! :)
And miss an opportunity to feature in 'Most Expensivest' show....

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vapoz

Be cautious capped at that temp you could combust if you take a long hit or at least I can. I've flirted with combustion a couple times tuning in my weedeater to be capped. I've seldom felt the urge to go higher than 666 and my avb is plenty dark there with a slow hit.
I've tried this and still unsatisfying hits. I do get stoned but the clouds are not on par with all my other vapes.
One nv pax scoop in my VROD gives 3 whispy hits, the same amount in my ENano gives me 2 strong hits and one whispy hits, the avb from the E-Nano is even kinda lighter then the one in from my VROD.

Are there more people with the VROD and an E-Nano? Am I doing something wrong?

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Something's not right.
Don't think you are doing anything wrong as such.
At those temps, capped you should be getting big clouds.
I skirt with combustion above 670f and have my NV PID set at 625f for great flavour and satisfying clouds..... I sometimes go lower to 600f.
Gutted to hear your experience is not what it should be......and sorry I can't be of more help. Hoping someone else can help else contact CH..... Good luck . .

Gigsabits53

I've tried this and still unsatisfying hits. I do get stoned but the clouds are not on par with all my other vapes.
One nv pax scoop in my VROD gives 3 whispy hits, the same amount in my ENano gives me 2 strong hits and one whispy hits, the avb from the E-Nano is even kinda lighter then the one in from my VROD.

Are there more people with the VROD and an E-Nano? Am I doing something wrong?
Something is not right here. You should be getting clouds at those temps without a problem. I run my V-Rod at 635, cap my hits, and the result is a heavy hit of cannabis. I think something may be wrong with your coil or PID. I know some people run temps in the 500's and still get clouds.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Vapoz

Something's not right.
Don't think you are doing anything wrong as such.
At those temps, capped you should be getting big clouds.
I skirt with combustion above 670f and have my NV PID set at 625f for great flavour and satisfying clouds..... I sometimes go lower to 600f.
Gutted to hear your experience is not what it should be......and sorry I can't be of more help. Hoping someone else can help else contact CH..... Good luck . .
Even at 680 I aint combusting. The flavor and clouds are mediocre.
@Vapoz are you heat soaking your unit for 10 minutes before using?
Yes, heated soaked for one hour.

I'v tried the 14mm piece with another bubbler, I can control the airflow perfectly and I'm getting kinda more clouds, but still not on par with any other vape. As attachment there's a picture of my AVB..
Something is not right here. You should be getting clouds at those temps without a problem. I run my V-Rod at 635, cap my hits, and the result is a heavy hit of cannabis. I think something may be wrong with your coil or PID. I know some people run temps in the 500's and still get clouds.
Since it's convection I've got the same idea, is the "led" with "out" also blinking the whole time?

Gigsabits53

Even at 680 I aint combusting. The flavor and clouds are mediocre.

Yes, heated soaked for one hour.

I'v tried the 14mm piece with another bubbler, I can control the airflow perfectly and I'm getting kinda more clouds, but still not on par with any other vape. As attachment there's a picture of my AVB..

Since it's convection I've got the same idea, is the "led" with "out" also blinking the whole time?
Yes mine blinks like that.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: BigJr48

goatgobaahh

So I bought the sapphire dish when it went on sale. I must say while I enjoy it I am disappointed that I dropped it once on a tile floor from knee height (2 ft) and it left a mark on it perhaps a crack. I can feel the separation with my fingertip. Additionally, the carb cap left a line in the middle of the dish. This leads to me seriously consider wtf I spent all that money on. This is within the first week of use. Is this real sapphire does lab sapphire mark so easily? Here are pics for proof. Kinda butt hurt as I still have the SIC; I was expecting more durability from a precious stone? Even if it's lab made

link1 top left
link2 top left
link3 dish is flat side down you can see the line the carbcap made crack/mark is on the bottom right.
@RustyOldNail
I had a larger piece crack off the top rim of my 1st sapphire dish, kept using it even though I had bought one of the NV SIC dishes as backup. Ordered a new sapphire, keep the cracked one as a backup. The problem with continuing to use the cracked one, was mine being a bit deeper, I had repeated oil going up and over, and into the titanium DCup dish holder, and that adds too much cleanup time. I believe knowing the sapphire is a clean surface makes it worth it to me, especially after I read about it, and it’s main fault of being susceptible to temperature SHOCK.

As I always cough after a hit, I make sure my head is turned away from my dish, human spit is probably 300f cooler then the dish. That’s not how mine cracked, but I NEVER want to experience a $150.00 COUGH! :)

Honestly, I think Cannabis hardware is losing me. After reading about some of their business practices and the way they take basic parts and rewire them to keep you in their eco system.

I am mostly pissed off they didn't mention how brittle this substance is for $120 fucking dollars I want a disclaimer. Thermal shock is different that's someone being an idiot. Dropping this on the ground shouldn't break it. Grateful thank I'm lucky with this tiny crack but kinda upset I have to worry about it breaking at any time with my pets and kids around the house. (shards of glass for my kids hands and feet?)

Nowhere in the email or anything did it say that sapphire can crack or chip easily. My wife has a fucking sapphire ring for years has dropped it countless times and it doesn't have any scratches on it (we get it cleaned monthly). That's what I was expecting from this I am completely disappointed. It was in perfect condition for about 1 hr. smh

Last edited:

vapingtortoise

Tortoise
Been really considering a PuffCo lately but this seems to be a better deal for the price. I have lately been trying to cut down on my tools and sets as I have a relatively new family member(Corgi) and his hair goes everywhere...the less tools and accessories out the better lol.

Does anyone find that this vape is too much of a 'chore'? When I was younger(I'm not that old but still) it wasn't such a big deal that things took time or that there was a 'ritual' to partaking but now sometimes with all the tools needed it feels like it's too much table real estate or whatever, do any of you feel that problem with the FlowerPot? Do any of you guys have a PuffCo also or previously owned one or could give comparison?

Thanks!

vapingtortoise,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Dropping this on the ground shouldn't break it.

Honestly, I would have expected it to probably be worse. I think you got lucky.

You can't drop these materials on something like a hard tile floor and expect no damage. That's just physics.

It's a trade-off. When you move away from metals like titanium, and go to glass and stone materials, you are improving flavor, but at the cost of increasing the fragility of the item. It's a trade-off, but it is what it is.

goatgobaahh

Honestly, I would have expected it to probably be worse. I think you got lucky.

You can't drop these materials on something like a hard tile floor and expect no damage. That's just physics.

It's a trade-off. When you move away from metals like titanium, and go to glass and stone materials, you are improving flavor, but at the cost of increasing the fragility of the item. It's a trade-off, but it is what it is.
After thinking about this I think this wherein lies the issue. I hear the world "sapphire" and I thought of my personal experience (my wife dropping her ring hundreds of times on various surfaces with no damage to the stone or so says the jeweler on a monthly basis). I assumed this would be able to withstand a drop from 2 ft but you know what they say about assumptions!

Thank you for educating me and letting me know I got lucky...I guess it simply doesn't FEEL like I'm lucky right now:lol: .

Time to vape away the bad memories :mmmm:

EDIT: Regarding cleaning, I turn off the vape come back an hr later when it's room temp and remove it. From there I'll soak simple green crystal. Trying to avoid exploding glass, might even just put the SiC back on just for my own peace of mind. Is this a good cleaning routine?

slozukimc

After thinking about this I think this wherein lies the issue. I hear the world "sapphire" and I thought of my personal experience (my wife dropping her ring hundreds of times on various surfaces with no damage to the stone or so says the jeweler on a monthly basis). I assumed this would be able to withstand a drop from 2 ft but you know what they say about assumptions!

Thank you for educating me and letting me know I got lucky...I guess it simply doesn't FEEL like I'm lucky right now:lol: .

EDIT: Regarding cleaning, I turn off the vape come back an hr later when it's room temp and remove it. From there I'll soak simple green crystal. Trying to avoid exploding glass, might even just put the SiC back on just for my own peace of mind. Is this a good cleaning routine?
I love my SiC dish. Take a dry Q tip and swab it out and then a wet Q tip to steam clean it and it stays pretty much like new.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, and the ring has a wire-metal frame that covers most of it, I bet. And the face that is exposed doesn't have any edges as thin and sharp as what is created prom two planes meeting at a 90degree angle, like the edge where you suffered the tiny damage.

Either way, it would appear that you got lucky, because I doubt that the damage will affect the function at all. You're good still.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
For those considering buying the Sapphire dish:

“Sapphire dishes are considered the pinnacle of the modern day dab surface. The hardness and durability of sapphire is what prevents the surface from being impregnated and degrading flavors. This sapphire is lab grown from the same supplier that makes bezels for rolex watches.

THERMAL SHOCK WARNING: Do not expose your HOT Sapphire dish to cold water. It will crack!

Sapphire dishes are susceptible to thermal shock. Do not add water or cleaning solutions while hot or use any metal without pre warming them. This is a specialty product, not for everyone. The main cause of breakage is not knowing how to handle it correctly.

Please understand that all sales are final and there are no returns or warranty claims on these sapphire dishes.”

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Shrike

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I got my dark crystal but it didn't fix my problem :( At least not yet?!? I'm still experimenting with cleaning approaches. It did help quite a bit after a couple trys, enough to where I felt like I could use it again so I just had a big fat dab, hit it twice then mopped up and shut it down and took a bunch of dry hits to cool it quickly. I'm hoping doing a dab might soften the residue that was left on the dish then I'm going to put it in a mason jar and just cover with the dark crystal and microwave a bit then place the jar in a pot of boiling water and let it soak till just warm then scrub with a qtip like crazy. Is there any other steps I should add? It there something else I could scrub it with?

I've given it a couple going overs with two qtips while it's submerged in the hot liquid...... Can't say I'm making any progress it's too hot to handle but I'm going to keep scrubbing while it cools.

I also got to say that dab was fantastic! 570 pid 420 dish temp done through my dry stereo matrix 😋 spent the day cleaning up a lot of my glass so I figured I'd go dry and not need to clean again tonight but I might do a little more experimenting dry 🤔

slozukimc

I got my dark crystal but it didn't fix my problem :( At least not yet?!? I'm still experimenting with cleaning approaches. It did help quite a bit after a couple trys, enough to where I felt like I could use it again so I just had a big fat dab, hit it twice then mopped up and shut it down and took a bunch of dry hits to cool it quickly. I'm hoping doing a dab might soften the residue that was left on the dish then I'm going to put it in a mason jar and just cover with the dark crystal and microwave a bit then place the jar in a pot of boiling water and let it soak till just warm then scrub with a qtip like crazy. Is there any other steps I should add? It there something else I could scrub it with?

I've given it a couple going overs with two qtips while it's submerged in the hot liquid...... Can't say I'm making any progress it's too hot to handle but I'm going to keep scrubbing while it cools.

I also got to say that dab was fantastic! 570 pid 420 dish temp done through my dry stereo matrix 😋 spent the day cleaning up a lot of my glass so I figured I'd go dry and not need to clean again tonight but I might do a little more experimenting dry 🤔
I haven’t been watching……what are you cleaning? Quartz? Saphire? Have you tried PBW?

About the one poster who is having trouble getting clouds……could the PID just need to be calibrated?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Have you tried bicarb?
Do you just mean baking soda? Do you make a paste with it with water?

Check a local brewers supply for Powdered Brewery Wash. It will make anything glass crystal clear again and is food safe.
I found it available local so I'll give it a go but that's what they said about dark crystal 😂

thevapist

@RustyOldNail

Honestly, I think Cannabis hardware is losing me. After reading about some of their business practices and the way they take basic parts and rewire them to keep you in their eco system.

I am mostly pissed off they didn't mention how brittle this substance is for $120 fucking dollars I want a disclaimer. Thermal shock is different that's someone being an idiot. Dropping this on the ground shouldn't break it. Grateful thank I'm lucky with this tiny crack but kinda upset I have to worry about it breaking at any time with my pets and kids around the house. (shards of glass for my kids hands and feet?)

Nowhere in the email or anything did it say that sapphire can crack or chip easily. My wife has a fucking sapphire ring for years has dropped it countless times and it doesn't have any scratches on it (we get it cleaned monthly). That's what I was expecting from this I am completely disappointed. It was in perfect condition for about 1 hr. smh

I have been pretty rough on them in the past in regards to choices they've made, but that post reads like a crazy person's blog. It's well worth the money, and blows every other vape out of the water from what I can tell. To try and downplay the craftsmanship of their products is just absurd.

That guy needs a hobby!

Top Bottom