Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

WelshBrok

I have been pretty rough on them in the past in regards to choices they've made, but that post reads like a crazy person's blog. It's well worth the money, and blows every other vape out of the water from what I can tell. To try and downplay the craftsmanship of their products is just absurd.

That guy needs a hobby!

Sat here reading it, using a standard pin coil and an auber that I got back in 2019, trying to work out what the ops definition of efficient was :rofl:. Almost spat my tea out when he compared newvape and apple :lol:

caliganja420

Just got the Flowerpot VROD and I think I'm doing something wrong.

With 2 NV Pax scoop loads I get less clouds then 1 scoop in my E-Nano. If I can vape more with one hit, I expect to have intenser clouds. Since everyone is recommending this vape I think the not-so great experience is the fault of the user not the device.

I use my SC-grinder upside down to get a finer grind, running the VROD at 670fahrenheit, capped off. When I used some rosin on the SIC-dish I again got way less hits and effect compared to my DTV4 with SIC-crucible.

Did anyone had the same experiencel, changed something and got the hits everyone is talking about?

I was in the same boat as you when I received my vrod a few weeks ago. go up to 685-695 and you will get he abv your looking for. carb cap is a must and i have noticed with a faster draw it’s less harsh on my throat and not as strong as before. I have owned flowerpots for years, and my older vrod with the same NV PID Was running at 640. Now i have to run at about 690 to get nice dark abv

Zementos

Mine is @640F(very first vrod that came out). With a long (~20s..maybe)slow draw I kill one loading tool scoop with one hit with ease without capping..abv is dark dark.
Same with the sh. I don't even bother changing temps.

Whoever had problems getting satisfying clouds, I still suspect you draw too fast. Try start drawing as slow as possible. You can pick up the pace when you see thick vapor.
If I'm ripping as hard as I can I guess there wouldnt be any visible vapor at all...not saying you do but you get the point..my slow is probably different than your slow.

Edit: @Vapoz

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

I haven't used the FP in a long time. I know I have an older model that was at the top of it's game back in 2017/2018.

What do I need to buy now to upgrade? Thanks.

shaolinmilk,

stonedmallone

Mine is @640F(very first vrod that came out). With a long (~20s..maybe)slow draw I kill one loading tool scoop with one hit with ease without capping..abv is dark dark.
Same with the sh. I don't even bother changing temps.

Whoever had problems getting satisfying clouds, I still suspect you draw too fast. Try start drawing as slow as possible. You can pick up the pace when you see thick vapor.
If I'm ripping as hard as I can I guess there wouldnt be any visible vapor at all...not saying you do but you get the point..my slow is probably different than your slow.

Edit: @Vapoz
670 for me, but this is basically the same technique I use frequently. I mean the FP is in my opinion, extremely versatile. There's a bunch of different ways you can hit it just by changing your airflow.

tb42091

Just FYI the person who posted that on reddit has an agenda, he posted the exact same post one year prior from a different account - word for word. A comment further down in the thread points it out and links to the former post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/mtm13j/_/gv4k0x6
Also their complaint about the proprietary wiring wasn't even true the second time they posted. CH listened to the community and switched to the popular 5 pin style that works with auber and more. Take that post with multiple grains of salt.
Edited quote for clarity

Honestly, I think Cannabis hardware is losing me. After reading about some of their business practices and the way they take basic parts and rewire them to keep you in their eco system.

I am mostly pissed off they didn't mention how brittle this substance is for $120 fucking dollars I want a disclaimer. Thermal shock is different that's someone being an idiot. Dropping this on the ground shouldn't break it. Grateful thank I'm lucky with this tiny crack but kinda upset I have to worry about it breaking at any time with my pets and kids around the house. (shards of glass for my kids hands and feet?)

Nowhere in the email or anything did it say that sapphire can crack or chip easily. My wife has a fucking sapphire ring for years has dropped it countless times and it doesn't have any scratches on it (we get it cleaned monthly). That's what I was expecting from this I am completely disappointed. It was in perfect condition for about 1 hr. smh

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
To all, REMEMBER the shortened quote included in a bunch of previous messages has a “@“ with my member name, I DID NOT post the text after that. I was being included from a separate multi-quote message.

I did however read the linked post and immediately recognized someone IMMATURE with an agenda. Not sure why someone would even repeat such juvenile crap....

west-elec

I haven't used the FP in a long time. I know I have an older model that was at the top of it's game back in 2017/2018.

What do I need to buy now to upgrade? Thanks.
Flower or concentrate or both? Do you have Vrod or showerhead? If you still have the full setup and want it for flower only, then what you've got is as good as it gets. The showerhead is considered by some superior to weedeater for flower. If you have a vrod and want concentrates you can upgrade to sapphire (pricey) or sic dish for best flavour. They fit older vrod. Otherwise no real advantages to a new head or controller unless you want an upgraded pid.
P.s. the new pids will have different wiring to old ones, so you will probably need to upgrade coil as well.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Keep in mind that you'll never get as good of flavor with a VROD as you will from a Dcup / Tbucket. I've explained the physics of that plenty of times in this thread already so I won't go into it but it's in here if one is bored / curious. If they still sell their flat coil base for VROD dishes that would be better than the VROD too. (For concentrates)

Also you'll need to remove a sapphire dish for deep cleaning whereas the SiC can be cleaned without removing it ever which is nice in the VROD since the dish is secured with a retaining nut. Compared to the D cup / T bucket where the dish is easily removed as its not mechanically fastened, making it a better candidate for sapphire.

Last edited:

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
I hear ya. I have a Vrod, and I love it, but I like it so much that I want a second Flowerpot setup in case something happens to my main kit. I've been thinking of making that second setup a Weedeater.
I did this exactly. Started with VROD and Auber, then added a Weedeater and NV PID last summer. I had a d-cup in my cart this 420 but i realized I can wait until a better/cheaper source of concentrates becomes available to me.

Oxidization resistance should be adequate on titanium in the temperature ranges that people vape with on these, so we won't see oxide scale growth or possible accelerated corrosion and depletion of the heat source like you might with metal alloy heaters and coils that are run at higher temperatures.
The inside on mine and others ive seen is green, the subsequent colour following blue. I think thats from the coil ramping up as jts touching the diffuser walls.

Tuck

Since I already have a Showerhead, I've been thinking about VROD vs the TBucket for a while now. I thought I could tide myself over with the Quartz Essential Oil Kit for my Da Buddha. It's great flavor. But it has only made me want a Tbucket or a VROD even more. Right now, I'm leaning toward the VROD because I love those twax hits.

thevapist

VROD 4 lyfe! I might finally grab a Dcup though as I'll have more space soon. VROD served me very well and you can take some big dabs contrary to popular belief. Look at the videos on the CH website, they do some globbers. I'm sure the Dcup is slightly more efficient and has slightly better taste, but the VROD has the twax factor and hybrid device saving money and space while still getting the job done.

If you already have a SH though it's a tough call. Twax hits are definitely the tits, though. Love doing flower/concentrate from the same harvest together. And it works perfect.

SquirrelMaster

Since I already have a Showerhead, I've been thinking about VROD vs the TBucket for a while now. I thought I could tide myself over with the Quartz Essential Oil Kit for my Da Buddha. It's great flavor. But it has only made me want a Tbucket or a VROD even more. Right now, I'm leaning toward the VROD because I love those twax hits.
I hadn't enjoyed concentrates in a long time but buying the VROD for it's extra heat retaining properties (or so I've read) seemed like a good enough excuse to pick up some live rosin (which I've been wanting to try for a while, so why not get a VROD :lol: ). I like to top my bowls with kief for that extra boost but I definitely prefer the way the VROD does it with concentrates up top (keeps everything cleaner as well). The VROD can be the hardest hitting vape in my collection for this reason or I can dial it back with only flower and a "smaller" amount in the glass bowl. It's a pretty versatile device between the glass and titanium bowls and their heat retaining properties which change extraction and taste. I do prefer titanium to stainless steel, the flavour is cleaner to me at least. The glass bowls seem to have a bit better flavour but I wonder how much of that comes down to less conductive heating. I look forward to comparing this head to head with my other vapes.

Between a Flowerpot, a good portable (Tinymight is my pick) and something butane for the apocalypse (that's a tough one but I really love my Pink Ivory Junior) most people would be set. I'm still honeymooning but it still impresses me everyday when I crush huge bowls in a few hits. From a medical user's stand point this is the device to own if the exposed hot parts aren't a problem. It continues to put me on another planet so I'm trying not to pull it out to early on my days off or I get nothing accomplished :ko::leaf:.

thevapist

At least we aren't spending $600 on silly "desktop" vapes that are really just 510 mods :rofl:

I really question what's wrong with these folks.

thevapist,
  • Haha
Reactions: Ramahs

SquirrelMaster

At least we aren't spending $600 on silly "desktop" vapes that are really just 510 mods :rofl:

I really question what's wrong with these folks.
Which vapes would you be referring too, I'm too exhausted to think :lol:. A VROD setup is expensive but it's right in line with others of the same extraction capability for the most part. And with that I'm going for a big fat bowl of flower with a dollop of rosin up top in my trust VROD :D before I sit down to binge some more The Sinner.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Ramahs

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I don't know what the performance of the showerhead for flower is like as I have the vrod.
But if you are into concentrates I would lean more to the dcup/tbucket. Whilst I occasionally twax with the vrod the flavour from the dcup is so much better than the vrod imo.

So if the showerhead is on par with the vrod for flower then I would get the dcup. If you want to twax then a y adapter would do that....

I occasionally use my y adapter to hit the vrod twax and dcup at same time. You need 3 hands but it's fun....

thevapist

Which vapes would you be referring too, I'm too exhausted to think :lol:. A VROD setup is expensive but it's right in line with others of the same extraction capability for the most part. And with that I'm going for a big fat bowl of flower with a dollop of rosin up top in my trust VROD :D before I sit down to binge some more The Sinner.

The most ridiculous is the Advanced Vape Supply 'Control Tower' kit. Go look at how fragile these things are. Most people use them with the bubbler and there's some o-ring setup that sucks, and people are constantly breaking parts. Can't even use flower.

Maybe for teenagers it's better than a VROD? Hide that from mommy and daddy real easy.

stonewatcher

I’m about a month into my VROD ownership and I have some thoughts.

Overall, this thing is a beast. I have no complaints after adding terp pearls (more in a moment). The only cleanup is a few dirty q-tips. I leave it on most of the day and it eats everything I throw at it with grace and swagger. Flower, concentrate, or a mix of both.

For one week I’ve had two, 5mm, sapphire terp pearls in my vrod and it has made a tremendous difference in the concentrate experience. I went from not enjoying it and being slightly disappointed to typing this post to advocate terp pearls. Before the pearls I had issues with pooling and lack of vaporization which lead to me turning up the temps. Ensue burnt on junk and a dirty dish. These issues have all been resolved.

I use the Auber PID and extremely happy with it. After digging into the configuration it’s customized to my needs with pre-set temps for all my needs.

For anyone on the fence about purchasing this device; get off the fence and buy one. Seriously.

Last edited:

thevapist

Yea, I think the thing is most people who are coming from heating a banger with a torch maybe were used to much hotter dabs. You don't need pearls in that case to get good vapor because it's so hot usually it will definitely vape it all up nicely. Pearls are great for these more finely tuned e-nail temp ranges, though. I remember using my VROD without pearls for a few weeks and never went back. It does work without pearls, especially with like a 2 direction carb cap and pulling real hard, but no where near as tasty, cloudy or efficient.

There was interesting discussion a long time ago about terp pearls with flower. Some noticed that the dark ring issue would be solved by using carb cap/tearp pearls, but there are so many factors it's hard to nail these things down. I think we got onto the turbulence and lower pressure creating a more even heat, but people weren't really buying it at the time. I still think there is something to it as I use cap/pearls with every hit no matter if flower, concentrate or twax. I haven't seen a ring in forever.

I think we need an official Cannabis Hardware Young Scientists Club to track these variables and come up with a complete FAQ for new comers.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think it would be pretty sick if the Flowerpot family had a mass zoom sesh. Could do cloud competitions lmao
If anyone wants to set up a group Zoom sesh, we have a thread for it here. I would only add that it would be best if you put the meeting url link in your signature instead of posting it publicly so that it's limited to FC members and not those fuckin' Zoombombers. :disgust:

:peace:

Circa1999

I can't remember who recommended buying a mini vac to empty out bowls (bad dog?) but that was a really good idea. You can rapid fire empty and pack bowls really quick this way. It's intense.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I like that a lot!

That's a real nice and tidy setup right there!!

HeatShield-3_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Feels like just yesterday we were rocking the Kickstand, and improvising our own stands - shoutouts to my brother-in-rosin @psychonaut :rockon:

I have a lag bolt in a piece of pinion pine, the wood gets warm, that's about it. It's like a 4" long 1/2" diameter bolt. I even clean my WA head with the halo at 1000F regularly on this stand.

Took me about 5 minutes to make.

RGhwYx1.jpg

Top Bottom