Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Baron23

What is everyone’s opinion on the glass bowls?
I have glass bowls, used them for quite a bit, but returned to my Ti adjust-a-bowl.

I found the Ti extracted better and definitely got less bits and pieces in my rigs.

And yes, I too cranked my temps up about 50 degrees on the set point.

Just my experience...oh, and I didn't find the taste to be all that different....remember, we are still heating it with a BIG chunk of Ti.

fatbiker

Thanks for the feedback. The TI bowl has been working well for me. I was curious to know if the glass provided a better experience. Doesn’t sound like it. I’ll stick with my current setup.

I’m in the process of getting my wish list narrowed down for the upcoming holiday :-)

Chair

Can someone tell me if this suggests there is something wrong with my Coil or PID?

I recently got the Weedeater build-a-bundle. Been using it for a little while but can't seem to get consistent performance. Setting temp to 725 w/10m+ preheat, it stays at 725 solid while on the stand, but once I pick it up, it jumps to 750+ within seconds, and as I set it down on the bowl and start taking a draw, it rapidly drops in increments of 10+ degrees and usually ends up near 650 by the end of the draw. Exhale at that point, which takes a couple secs ofc, but in that time it will jump up near 700. Set it back on the stand and it drops to ~690 instantly and takes ~20 - 30 secs to get back to 725.

It's pretty much the same for each draw going forward, unless I give it a couple mins to get settled back at 725. If I do that, the temps swings aren't as extreme. Still though, it's vastly different from what is seen in their instructions video. I tried the auto tuning but that didn't seem to change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chair,
Reactions: BigJr48

disGRUNTled

Tangie flower + tangie full spectrum CBD double deckers watching WrestleMania.
IMG-2543.jpg

IMG-2550.jpg

IMG-2549.jpg

IMG-2551.jpg

IMG-2558.jpg

Baron23

Can someone tell me if this suggests there is something wrong with my Coil or PID?

I recently got the Weedeater build-a-bundle. Been using it for a little while but can't seem to get consistent performance. Setting temp to 725 w/10m+ preheat, it stays at 725 solid while on the stand, but once I pick it up, it jumps to 750+ within seconds, and as I set it down on the bowl and start taking a draw, it rapidly drops in increments of 10+ degrees and usually ends up near 650 by the end of the draw. Exhale at that point, which takes a couple secs ofc, but in that time it will jump up near 700. Set it back on the stand and it drops to ~690 instantly and takes ~20 - 30 secs to get back to 725.

It's pretty much the same for each draw going forward, unless I give it a couple mins to get settled back at 725. If I do that, the temps swings aren't as extreme. Still though, it's vastly different from what is seen in their instructions video. I tried the auto tuning but that didn't seem to change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
So, have you contacted NV customer service?

If I had to hazard a guess, something is wrong in your controller or even more likely the thermocouple on you coil.

But I’m just guessing.

@NewVape710

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
The new simple stand and post seems to suck more temp than my debowler version
This observation is very interesting indeed, thanks for that! It’s the same Ti post with the insulation disk, correct?
Obviously the disk won’t be completely effective since some heat will transfer through the threaded bit but I find it interesting that the new hockey puck stand seems to suck noticeably more heat than the crop circle stand. And “interesting” isn’t a euphemism for “doubtful”, lol! Not trying to argue my friend :D

Hadn’t thought about that before and it’s easy to see how the mass of the puck would heatsoak more. But then I honestly haven’t touched the interior floor of the cc stand when the post is hot. I have the post in the 3” cutout and my crop circle is never more than warm, but again I haven’t touched the bottom when the post has been hot for hours. I’m definitely going to try this with my tongue first. :haw:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Definitely make sure you email us at support@newvape.com

Any ideas?

Thanks.

thekayo

Hey guys I was wondering if its safe to ground my cable/secure the enail handle in the unit with some electrical tape? Every so often It comes loose and i have to take off all the hemp wick and re put it together and its quite a pain. would electrical tape be safe in there? thanks for your help guys!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
ey guys I was wondering if its safe to ground my cable/secure the enail handle in the unit with some electrical tape? Every so often It comes loose and i have to take off all the hemp wick and re put it together and its quite a pain. would electrical tape be safe in there? thanks for your help guys!

...i dont use the handle but i cant see why not :shrug:...

just_the_flu,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

I don’t see why it would be a problem either, but you might also double check where you’re attaching the handle. If it’s in the right place it seems to stay pretty well for me.

Vaporware,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I made a video of the weedeater head heating up to test for those concerns.
If your weedeater head isn't preforming like the one in the video i'd suggest to send the pid and coil in for service / warranty repair.

MAbud

@NewVape710 that for posting this! By contrast my Auber box took 6:20 to get to 750 degrees. The moment I pulled it away from the stand it jumped to 800 and as soon as I set it back on it dropped to about 720 and slowly climbed back to 750.

What would be causing such a different result than your video?

MAbud,

snamuh

ghost
@NewVape710 that for posting this! By contrast my Auber box took 6:20 to get to 750 degrees. The moment I pulled it away from the stand it jumped to 800 and as soon as I set it back on it dropped to about 720 and slowly climbed back to 750.

My auber can be funky too... Sometimes it has a hard time reaching temp. But I can turn the temp up....

snamuh,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@NewVape710 why would the temp rise to 798 within the first 2min if it's set to 725?
All of these PIDs overshoot set temp on ignition, it takes a few minute for it to settle upon the set temperature. The video is impressive as there is really not much time for heat soak, but apparently there’s plenty of heat soak with the WE at 2 minutes. It does have less mass than either the SH or VRod.

YaMon,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude

I would definitely look at Auber Instruments’ manual and/or call them. They’re based in Georgia and have a rep for being helpful and getting it sorted. But my Auber (NV knob:brow:) doesn’t behave anything like yours, it’s at temp & rock solid in two minutes maybe, I really think something strange is going on with your unit.

Any chance your settings have been adjusted accidentally or whatever? Oh yeah maybe ask Shane @710Coils dude knows lots about the settings on the RDK-300A and I know for a fact that he’s willing to help anyone here with a problem.

Good luck my friend!

thekayo

I don’t see why it would be a problem either, but you might also double check where you’re attaching the handle. If it’s in the right place it seems to stay pretty well for me.
i ended up putting a bit of electrical tape around where the shim meets the braided cable cover cause that was the problem with mine. The shim would fall off the cable housing then it would be all loose. I think it has to do with me constantly packing the enail up and stuff lol.

Jblizz

Hi all. I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Flowerpot. I’m 99% flower so I’m leaning towards the Weedeater. I’m attempting building my package online and I believe I have it all figured out of what I would need. 2 questions:

1. Safety stand seems necessary but are there any work arounds you guys have found. I’d prefer to save 40-55 if possible. I believe someone said a ceramic mug would work, thoughts?

2. The available 10% coupons I’ve found seem to be reduced to 5%. Anyone out there have a good coupon? Discouraging to hear they may not do a 420 sale and the coupons have been reduced.

Jblizz,

MAbud

I would definitely look at Auber Instruments’ manual and/or call them. They’re based in Georgia and have a rep for being helpful and getting it sorted. But my Auber (NV knob:brow:) doesn’t behave anything like yours, it’s at temp & rock solid in two minutes maybe, I really think something strange is going on with your unit.

Any chance your settings have been adjusted accidentally or whatever? Oh yeah maybe ask Shane @710Coils dude knows lots about the settings on the RDK-300A and I know for a fact that he’s willing to help anyone here with a problem.

Good luck my friend!

If that were the case this would be a universal issue. However it’s unique to the weed eater and my shower head doesn’t exhibit any of these fluctuations

Top Bottom