Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

okc0mputer

It’s not about how clean the water is, it’s about the mineral content. I don’t know how that is in BC, but here it’s pretty high. That’s one of the reasons if I rinse with water at all I also put it back in iso so I just have to let that evaporate off cleanly rather than letting the water leave minerals behind.

If it was that though, I’d *probably* expect to see water spot shaped deposits where it collected as the water evaporated.

I actually use filtered water in my glass because the water starts leaving a thin coating thats almost unnoticeable at first, then becomes a mix of resin and calcium etc. I think the fact that the head is heated might make the effects of hard water more prominent, since the liquid is quickly evaporated leaving the minerals in a very fast manner, possibly causing the film instead of a slow buildup that starts with spots.

thekayo

It’s not about how clean the water is, it’s about the mineral content. I don’t know how that is in BC, but here it’s pretty high. That’s one of the reasons if I rinse with water at all I also put it back in iso so I just have to let that evaporate off cleanly rather than letting the water leave minerals behind.

If it was that though, I’d *probably* expect to see water spot shaped deposits where it collected as the water evaporated.

I guess my only question is if its minerals? its not gonna be unsafe or effect anything to much right?

thekayo,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporware

I guess my only question is if its minerals? its not gonna be unsafe or effect anything to much right?

I’ve never researched it, but if you’re using it through water I’d imagine they wouldn’t make it through to your lungs...still I’d do my best to clean it. Dish soap should be fine, and so should scraping it with something soft like your nail (which you said was working) or a tooth pick or something.

If anyone has other ideas about what it might be, how it might have got there, or what else might be an easy way to get it off, please let us know!

@okc0mputer I use RO filtered water in my glass too. I still have to deal with the resin but not hard water at least! :)

Vaporware,

okc0mputer

Its hard to say without being a scientist. Given all the things commonly found in tap water, theres a bunch of stuff that could remain. Calcium, salts and metals, chlorine, fluoride, pH balancing chems...

thekayo

Its hard to say without being a scientist. Given all the things commonly found in tap water, theres a bunch of stuff that could remain. Calcium, salts and metals, chlorine, fluoride, pH balancing chems...

good to know although just so you know there is no fluoride where I am from! There is no build up of anything on the dab surface so I think I should be good. Unit cleaned up pretty good actually. May give it another once over tomo. Again thanks for the help guys.

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Any low temp flavour chasers like me use the newvape with extreme low temperatures.
I load micro doses of 0.1 gram which barely just about covers the screen in the bowl with a thin layer of herb, thereafter i set the controller at 530 and extract one hitter style.

Any other low temp users, what is preferred your setting on the controller ?
Im using 230v not 110V

audiodelic,

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Any low temp flavour chasers like me use the newvape with extreme low temperatures.
I load micro doses of 0.1 gram which barely just about covers the screen in the bowl with a thin layer of herb, thereafter i set the controller at 530 and extract one hitter style.

Im using 230v not 110V

I'm one of those low temp flavor chasers. But with the FP (using SH), I find smaller doses work great with 700 on the PID, uncapped, medium speed draw. Edwyn has an older video that does this and my experience has been similar.

thevapist

Im using 230v not 110V

How exactly are you doing this? You have to be using the cap, right?

Anything below 600 without a cap is way too wispy for me, and I only get a slight head high. I could do a dab at these temps, but the flower just barely gets vaped IMO. Even with a cap it just doesn't seem to be enough heat.

Curious if I am missing something or if some people really like that light vape. To me, it's basically like breathing air and you get slightly high. Sure, flavor is amazing, but I am a fan of the extraction you can get at slightly higher temps.

Speaking for VROD.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Anything below 600 without a cap is way too wispy for me, and I only get a slight head high. I could do a dab at these temps, but the flower just barely gets vaped IMO. Even with a cap it just doesn't seem to be enough heat.

Curious if I am missing something or if some people really like that light vape. To me, it's basically like breathing air and you get slightly high. Sure, flavor is amazing, but I am a fan of the extraction you can get at slightly higher temps.

Speaking for VROD.

Breath control and the carbcap does this for me, full extraction, also depends on glass in my experience. The more water there is, the more it takes to get it going and therefore your base level of minimal draw speed is always gonna be pretty fast.

Variables, man, variables :)

EDIT TO ADD: Tho my lowest temp is usually 550 and 580 is where I would usually be at for flower I think?

Vaporware

Speaking for VROD.

Like @emmdeemo said, other variables are more important at low temps. Using temps like 555 I draw slowly and barely see any vapor at all until several seconds in (faster with a cap), but when it comes it’s good.

Effects and extraction speed are different from 555 to 666 to 777 for sure, but all can work well. I usually stay in the 555-666 range, but 777 with a thin layer of flower covering the screen is the way to go for more of a “one hitter” in my opinion, so I think the guy who’s at 530 just misspoke or isn’t fully extracting*. It would probably take me...many draws to finish it.

I know you know about the higher temps, but that info might help other people reading along. :)

*Or he’s got it at 530c, but at that temp I don’t know how you’d avoid combustion! :lol:

Baron23

I'm one of those low temp flavor chasers. But within the FP (using SH), I find smaller doses work great with 700 on the PID, uncapped, medium speed draw. Edwyn has an older video that does this and my experience has been similar.
I too tend to put smallish loads in. .15 mostly and I too run at 700 as set point. But I do cap. Just like it like that. Draw speed is incredibly important as others here have taught me. FP SH likes slow or at least that’s how I like it.

Cheers

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks, I knew I was missing something so that's why I asked. I'll have to try lower temps again now that I'm a little more used to the device.

I think I lucked out with being eternally broke and too clumsy for expensive glass, so I was stuck with the D020 for a looooong time.

My point being, it takes so little water to cover the perc that there is barely any water in it and itll bubble on a REEEEEEEAAAAAALLY slow draw

No water would probably be best to get the most out of low temps as draw speed can be even slower, but personally I found it too weird not having the feedback from the water, which helped me keep watch of how slow my draw was.

Vaporware

I don’t think I use enough concentrates to justify buying one yet, but it looks interesting and I hope you guys post reviews when you get to try it!

Vaporware,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Will this need a different thread I wonder, as its technically not a flowerpot at all.

EDIT: Heres the other videos that popped up at the same time as Ed's full description video...

MAbud

All the sudden my NC coil and Auber box keep blowing out my outlet. I get to about 700 degrees and it pops. Tried a few different outlets all with the same results. Anyone else ever experience this?

MAbud,

Vaporware

I have a question for those who have more experience with these dishes and balls:

Does all of this extra surface area *really* make concentrate vaporization more efficient and effective, or are we just spreading it out more and stopping vapor production because it’s being held away from the heat on top of the balls or burned onto the dish?

I hope it does what it’s supposed to, but looking at that usage video, once the balls get in on the action they seem like they’re just getting coated and staying coated rather than helping with actual vaporization.

@MAbud I haven’t had the Auber for long, but no problems so far and I’ve had other problems with electrical circuits here.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have a question for those who have more experience with these dishes and balls:

Does all of this extra surface area *really* make concentrate vaporization more efficient and effective, or are we just spreading it out more and stopping vapor production because it’s being held away from the heat on top of the balls or burned onto the dish?

I hope it does what it’s supposed to, but looking at that usage video, once the balls get in on the action they seem like they’re just getting coated and staying coated rather than helping with actual vaporization.

@MAbud I haven’t had the Auber for long, but no problems so far and I’ve had other problems with electrical circuits here.

FWIW...

I was able to lower temps with the terp balls. Also, it seems the VRod has two speeds for dabbing. One speed is an inhale that doesnt get the balls spinning, and when that stops producing vapour, if I speed up, the balls start spinning and I get more vapour.

Yes the balls get coated and need cleaning but I think only as much as the dish itself needs cleaning.

okc0mputer

All the sudden my NC coil and Auber box keep blowing out my outlet. I get to about 700 degrees and it pops. Tried a few different outlets all with the same results. Anyone else ever experience this?

It's tripping the breaker though, right?

okc0mputer,
Top Bottom