Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vaporware

Got my 4/20 order yesterday - the first of my 3 orders to come in. Gotta’ give the stubby bowl/loading tool/etc. a shot tonight. Thanks @NewVape420 and welcome back!

In addition to glass bowls, we’re all anxious to see the project you’ve been working on in the lab, so when you’re ready please post some more info? :)

grobbo

Damn it :( I open the box from new vape and there is nothing in it but a screen and no bowl like I ordered. Well that blows, I ordered one item, can't be that difficult.
Edit: they sent me a tI screen by accident. :(

Lol exact scenario here - ordered a bowl (among other items) but got the screen instead of the stubby bowl...hey it was 420 and the part numbers are only one digit apart. They need more varied part naming :)

edit to mention NV is taking care of it of course, sending out the right part out to me free

530rasta

Love my newvape after a couple weeks of ownership.

I had a question, Do I have to worry about the Ti dabbing tool scratching the SiC? I don't use it on quartz/glass ect for that reason, but im curious about the SiC.

Also how do I clean the Ti and SiC parts? Warm ISO soak?

thanks fc

Last edited:
530rasta,

Zow237

Lol exact scenario here - ordered a bowl (among other items) but got the screen instead of the stubby bowl...hey it was 420 and the part numbers are only one digit apart. They need more varied part naming :)

edit to mention NV is taking care of it of course, sending out the right part out to me free

So funny the part number is so similar so I can see the mix up. Of course they are fast and taking care of us :)

jfrsn

Ughh, I guess this means I won't be getting my new vape for at least another 3 weeks :(.
I just wanted to note even though I've been sour! Newvape has responded to me promptly and been great to deal with. Luckily my order went out today and I will not have to wait.

Thanks so much Newvape I'm excited to try the flowerpot. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between the 14mm shovelhead with the showerhead? I only got the 14mm shovelhead, I'm hoping it isn't a significant change. If it is I'll have to grab the 18mm body, some of their sweet dabbing tools I just noticed they make.

jfrsn,

Alexis

I just wanted to note even though I've been sour! Newvape has responded to me promptly and been great to deal with. Luckily my order went out today and I will not have to wait.

Thanks so much Newvape I'm excited to try the flowerpot. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between the 14mm shovelhead with the showerhead? I only got the 14mm shovelhead, I'm hoping it isn't a significant change. If it is I'll have to grab the 18mm body, some of their sweet dabbing tools I just noticed they make.
I believe you mean "Panhead"? Not showerhead right? AFAIK I am sure the only difference is cosmetic. Edwyn The Great (has a ring to it, and is a very deserving title too- Edwyn deserves a nighthood for his magnifiscent inventions) originally produced 2 versions, then decided to keep and offer both after 2 camps quickly formed, with cosmetic preferences either way.

jfrsn

I believe you mean "Panhead"? Not showerhead right? AFAIK I am sure the only difference is cosmetic. Edwyn The Great (has a ring to it, and is a very deserving title too- Edwyn deserves a nighthood for his magnifiscent inventions) originally produced 2 versions, then decided to keep and offer both after 2 camps quickly formed, with cosmetic preferences either way.
I do mean showerhead as in the two different heads, and how the different base sizes effect them. See the below link.
https://www.newvape.com/vape-essentials/flowerpot-twax-vape

jfrsn,

Alexis

I do mean showerhead as in the two different heads, and how the different base sizes effect them. See the below link.
https://www.newvape.com/vape-essentials/flowerpot-twax-vape
Okay, I can see it both ways now. You mean wrap around head, vs Showerhead in that case?
The "Panhead" and "Shovelhead" are the "adjustabowls", which I refer to above.

The "Showerhead" and "Wrap around head" are the 2 "heads."
So, you WERE tripping after all and I'm STILL not crazy!:lol:

Alexis,
Reactions: Shrike

jfrsn

Okay, I can see it both ways now. You mean wrap around head, vs Showerhead in that case?
The "Panhead" and "Shovelhead" are the "adjustabowls", which I refer to above.

The "Showerhead" and "Wrap around head" are the 2 "heads."
So, you WERE tripping after all and I'm STILL not crazy!:lol:
Lol I'm not trying to be difficult I just meant does the 18mm gong perform better than the 14mm gong when using the showerhead with dry herb?

Edit: I think what im referring to is the post size ?

Last edited:
jfrsn,
Reactions: YaMon

Vaporware

It’s very open with both 14mm and 18mm bowls. It’s not a bad idea to pick up a second bowl (I have a 14 and an 18, 1 Panhead and 1 Shovelhead - oh, and now a 14mm stubby).

You’d notice more of a difference between the Showerhead and Wrap-Around (which is a little less open but still pretty open from what I’ve heard).

For adding restriction, if you ever want to, most people use a carb cap.

Vaporware

Burns are no joke. :o

One from the showerhead and one from the ti stand base thing.

Yeah, that doesn’t come up here too often, but it’s something every new user should know:

The coil/head, the HOT post on the stand (or whatever you put it on), and anything that’s been sitting on the head will be very hot and can seriously burn you if you’re not careful with them.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be used safely, but it does mean that if you get very medicated you should have it in a safe place where you won’t accidentally knock it over or reach over or past it to grab other things. Those and just dropping it are probably the most common ways people get burned.

There are a few pics from other people sporting a FP brand earlier in the thread, but I hope yours aren’t bad enough to join their ranks!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But the magic of the FP also regards to burnings by it. They are not so intense as to be expected. Tried to fix a wobbly post - was high as a kite - just after taking off the SH which rest there for a hour at 600°F. Grasped at it with firm grip and heard a sizzling sound like that of branding iron. But it leaves just two little brandings.
Maybe because of my heat resisting fingers maybe of the magic of the FP - I don't know.

Last edited:
Hogni,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Lol I'm not trying to be difficult I just meant does the 18mm gong perform better than the 14mm gong when using the showerhead with dry herb?

Edit: I think what im referring to is the post size ?
Okay thanks for clarifying. I was pretty high last night and things were a little surreal. I think I get you now, certainly didnt mean to patronize you btw. Trust me you are gonna love your Flowerpot. But sure thing, it is a very customizable (another cool word) and tweakable setup so good thinking to be anticipating this already.

Alexis,

kilo

https://imgur.com/NrJ3p11
NrJ3p11

Why not install a timer inline, directly on your controller cord? I used a heavy duty aftermarket 14AWG computer power cord.

Last edited:
kilo,
Reactions: Baron23

LabPong

I was using the shorter 3rd party glass flower pedal bowl for some time now....but after going back to a "use the showerhead upside down" test yesterday on my 3rd party Elev8r bowl......WHAMO.....we have a perfect fit!

My 14mm to 18mm female adapter with screen in it has a slightly larger 18mm opening than the stock Elev8r bowl I tried to use first. The upside down showerhead would not fit inside the opening of the Elev8r stock bowl. But with this adapter I found at a local head shop, it fits almost too perfect. I can fit the raised top of the showerhead inside the top of the adapter and it is tight enough to pick up and stay on! But also it was not too tight and allowed me to remove the coil after the draw without pulling the bowl out of the joint.

With a perfect tight seal at the top of the bowl......it gets vapor quick....very quick. The screen/load is 30mm from the top of the bowl. This has taught me (after using that short bowl), that the seal of airflow through the head into the load works tons better if there is a good seal and no leaking from the showerhead to bottom of the bowl.

I'm now convinced that I could use the very short bowl without being too hot on the load or too close to the head heat source...because it was leaching so much of the downward air outside the top of the bowl and not directly down through it. This is because the bowl is about 3mm narrower than the coil nut ID.

With the very well sealed adapter bowl, I am doing temps down to 520 to 540 with nice vapor. Now I can experiment with temp to effects with a much tighter tolerance of heat from the bowl/coil. Before I could only sense taste and a small amount of effect differences going from say.....580 to 640. Now I should be able to have a much clearer sense of a 20F degree change in temps.

So if you have some of the 14mm male to 18mm adapters...see how they fit the top of the showerhead entrance....put a screen in there and use as a bowl. The 3/4 inch screens fit well with just a slight bend in them. Some of these adapters have a bubbled out area where a screen would go...you may need a 1 inch screen here with a bend in it.

I4506AH.jpg

Last edited:

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
Oh God oh God. My PID is heating up so slow, it at all, these days. I think the coil is dickered and don't know what to do. Due to an unexpected job loss scenario I'm in survival mode for the next bit. Ugh, don't want to order a new coil :(

On the plus side, my boys this weekend were nuts for the flowerpot.

Slagzord,

subway13029

I just ordered the shovel head I think..maybe the pan head but it was the new one..I have an oh bowl that won’t fit an eq screen..only a tiny one from ddave kit. I just drop the tiny screen in the hole of the bowl and fill the bowl up. Not sure how my seal is but it gets stuck in all my joints and I gotta wait for cool down to get bowl out and dump sometimes..if I wanna do back to back which isn’t very often I’ll just scoop it out with my load tool or ratchet scoop. So new bowl it is.. oh yeah I love this beast.. not a ton to say other than I’ve noticed that for new users my experience is with the WA that using flower,is fine but to get mega clouds I gotta use the lollicap which is fine and with the shower head you can use the shower cap but you can get massive clouds with no cap. I much prefer double deckers with the og or the wraparound because I gotta go real low with the shower head because with my normal temps when I cap the dab part and have my flowers capped also it will char my load. This doesnt happen with the wa because flowers are capped with it. Those are my experience anyways fwiw.

exony

My package has been sitting in Florida for over a week since it said it was shipped.This is the longest it has ever taken anything I have ordered.

exony,

Alexis

My package has been sitting in Florida for over a week since it said it was shipped.This is the longest it has ever taken anything I have ordered.
This seems to be happening to quite a number of customers atm, I see it on various forums. Just hang in there, Im sure all packages will reach their owners. There must be an explanation for the delays and often nonsensical tracking info.
I hope it isnt delayed for much longer and that everybody who has a Flowerpot in no man's land will soon be delighted, I know you all will. Its frustrating as hell but just hang tight it will all be so worth it.

And a warm welcome to @newvape918 , we'll have to work a bit harder to keep you around here for a little while, Thomas got bored quick and moved on.;)

Alexis,
Reactions: graydeh1
Top Bottom