Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
confirmed ez microdosing (.025g lowest i went)with new bowls+rimmed baskets. up your temp by like 10-20 (ymmv) and drop the showercap on. :D bitty shreds into milky clouds!

I am sure this works great with the wraparound head, since the airholes are centered around where the herb sits in the little basket. Will try over the weekend!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm still limping along with semi-burned fingers trying to seal my inadequate rig to work, all that being said, I'm still medicated. The device is working great.

One thing I am finding, because I dont keep it running w/o a proper stand (plan is to build something this weekend), I def need to let my wrap around setup heat up for about 10 mins before I get solid hits.

I also plan to get a showerhead setup at some point, but for now the budget is spent. Gotta have flowers.

biohacker

It's a BEAST!

Mine is already in Detroit! WTF only 2 days from FL to Detroit City? This may be a new record for the fastest shipping from the USA i've ever had...hopefully customs doesn't shit the bed. I thought about a week or so by next friday, but at this rate i'll be showerheading and dabbing by like wednesday!

Do you still have your errlectric herbnail? I haven't heard you mention it since the FP, but curious if it's something to consider? This setup is now really intriguing me and i've noticed that dnail has the lotus as well, probably not even close to as good as the FP, but still curious I am.

As much as I loved trying the FP and looking forward to owning one next week, I am under no delusion that it will quell my VAS. In fact, after so many months in remission (6!) I have a feeling that the FP may even potentially cause a flare up!

I def need to let my wrap around setup heat up for about 10 mins before I get solid hits.

For you SH owners out there would you say the same? 10 mins before solid hits? I was sure the consensus was about 5 mins, but able to get vape in just a few. Perhaps a bowl preheat would help?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I turned my setup off yesterday and only get 30min for a lunch break... and I live like 10min from my job.

I was able to come home on lunch, open up my vapemail, slap together the new bowl, let everything heat up AND vape 2 bowls in the 10min I have at home. I'd say it was up to temp in 2min,I was vaping at 4min. Probably fully soaked after 5 or 10 but it was good enough

biohacker

I was able to come home on lunch, open up my vapemail, slap together the new bowl, let everything heat up AND vape 2 bowls in the 10min I have at home. I'd say it was up to temp in 2min,I was vaping at 4min. Probably fully soaked after 5 or 10 but it was good enough

Thanks! That's perfect! Sounds similar to when I used an enail....pretty much ready at pid temp, but like NV says it's a good idea to wait another minute or so. Appreciate the clarification!

And "vapemail".....LOVE IT!!! :lol:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker
VAS??? What is that again?? LMAO!!
The FP sorted that out without any issues at all. No more desires for any other vape at all!

The Herb Nail was loaned for 2 months and returned due to not being better than the FP. A LOT more money as well.

The FP can handle moist or dry herb better than most vapes out there.
The Herb Nail requires very dry material all the time to function correctly and that did not work well with my supply.

Shipping has always been pretty darn fast from them.

For me the FP covers all bases!!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
IM MAD AS HELL AND I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE!

Actually, just my patience ran out. Couldnt handle sitting here with a non functioning 20mm coil and a non functioning SH but a fully functioning 16mm Auber.

SOLDERING IRON SOLDIERS ON!

Rewired the 20mm coil to use the Aubers connector. Looks like I'm back in business!

If anyone should want to do the same thing, these are the two images I used to cross reference the connections and pins...

newvape_enail_pinout-1_3.jpg
Pin-Wire-01.jpg

What a fucking relief!

EDIT: @Baron23 Obviously, I completely understand you not wanting to be forced into a situation where one HAS to rewire a connector, but if you've done any soldering before, this is a really easy job. I really hate soldering but this was very straightforward. It didnt even require extra solder, or any kind of solder removal (tho it def would be a more professional job if I had).

For the record I much prefer the NewVape/Vapecode 20mm lead and coil to the Auber 16mm. Its longer and feels sturdier.

I still prefer that Auber rotary dial tho :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Niiiccceee! Fuckin' A! Way to capture the exhale. How much was that microdose Inverted ? Is that you in the video ? Looks like you've been letting the facial hair grow since the KISS Gen 3 video.

Pahahaha!

I've spent far too long in the past 10 minutes wondering what the fuck an inverted microdose is, how does one invert any kind of dosing :)

I just figured out what an idiot I was being :D

Showerhead is working fine here, it would appear :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow what a cloud!!! :tup: Looked like smoke!

What was the amount of micro? And what did the ABV look like?

SOMEBODY took my spoon :D so I'm not sure, but probably about 1/4 teaspoon of fine grind. Somewhere between .05 and .1 I would assume. ABV usually comes out pretty even in the showerhead uncarbed, and never very dark at the temps I hover around.

Niiiccceee! Fuckin' A! Way to capture the exhale. How much was that microdose Inverted ? Is that you in the video ? Looks like you've been letting the facial hair grow since the KISS Gen 3 video.

Morty I've lost all track of time since getting the Flowerpot. The vape-time continuum has been shattered.

Flowerpot...FLOWERPOT...

big_1471837228_image.jpg

200.gif

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thanks! That's perfect! Sounds similar to when I used an enail....pretty much ready at pid temp, but like NV says it's a good idea to wait another minute or so. Appreciate the clarification!

And "vapemail".....LOVE IT!!! :lol:

My heat up time is usually 3-4 min
I'm usually impatient and get some very favorable low temp heat up draws.
I do use a 15 min rotary timer in case I get distracted.

Just got some really nice parts in the mail that I have not tried yet : The Shower Cap Carb Cap & New Style Bowl w/ledge for screen & new handle.
V0qLKXP.jpg

What do you think about the screen grove?

Last edited by a moderator:

Justpassedu

My heat up time is usually 3-4 min
I'm usually impatient and get some very favorable low temp heat up draws.
I do use a 15 min rotary timer in case I get distracted.

What do you think about the screen grove?
It’s great, fits the screen perfectly with the ledge and doesn’t fall out at all now . A longer bowl and a few ledges slotted in would pretty much make that party bowl in the future. Thank you though for making this , quality is always the best I have seen. Now I’m going to go use it before bed with the showerhead.

Baron23

EDIT: @Baron23 Obviously, I completely understand you not wanting to be forced into a situation where one HAS to rewire a connector, but if you've done any soldering before, this is a really easy job.

Thanks....yes, I have thought about that but wonder why as compatible coils are easily available. I would like to buy from Edwyn, but just give me what has become the defacto standard for connector and pin outs. I guess I just don't see a reason to budge from this view.

Cheers

Omphilreal

I'd really like to get one of these but I'm trying to spend as little as possible for my first enail setup. I'm thinking about getting a shower head for flower from NewVape and a bundle from dhgate w/domeless quartz dish for concentrates. Here's what I plan on getting:
  • Shower Head for 20mm Coil: $60
  • Shower Head Coil Nut: $20
  • 14mm Male Body with handle: $40
  • Enail bundle with domeless quartz nails from dhgate: $92 (link)
Total comes to about $222 with NewVape shipping charges. Any suggestions to improve this setup/cut costs?

PS: Is a carb cap really necessary for the Shower Head? Is there a dhgate alternative that'll fit?

Alexis

I'd really like to get one of these but I'm trying to spend as little as possible for my first enail setup. I'm thinking about getting a shower head for flower from NewVape and a bundle from dhgate w/domeless quartz dish for concentrates. Here's what I plan on getting:
Total comes to about $222 with NewVape shipping charges. Any suggestions to improve this setup/cut costs?

PS: Is a carb cap really necessary for the Shower Head? Is there a dhgate alternative that'll fit?
You will need also the coil cover for the showerhead. And wait and see what the guys say about the enail bundle you have linked. I know that the vapecode model is recommended, even if the one you have linked will work it may be worth a little extra if the vapecode controller will function better and provides a better experience in the long run.

Opinions on the necessity of the showercap vary. It seems very clear that it is not essential, and it would certainly be possible to get excellent performance from the showerhead without it. There are numerous members currently in this thread who are not using the showercap and are still over the moon content with their showerheads.

And there are others who are insistent that they prefer the experience and performance of the showerhead with the showercap, as it enables faster milking of the bubbler. Some typically use the showercap at the beginning of the hits to get the vapor building faster and then remove it quite shortly into the hit, which opens up the airflow without vapor declining I believe.

And I think there are also some members who use the showercap the whole way through their hit, or add it part way into the hit and keep it on until the end.

However it does matter whether you intend to use mainly flower or concentrates. If you plan to use concentrates regularly with the showerhead and double deckers, I believe the showercap is seen as essential.

@invertedisdead and @Justpassedu thanks guys for your input and thoughts a few days back on my "fantasy" Newvape order. All very interesting and helpful thanks very much.
I could swear I notice this thread being more quiet on the weekend (maybe most threads are?), and it must be because you are all too damn cained from your Flowerpots!:brow:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Why not just get the regular flowerpot and skip that core reactor quartz nail? More versatile as you can run a SiC, Ti, or Quartz dish without having to swap coils when you want to do a dab.

anasrzi

Haven't got a shower head but my flowerpot with 16mm wrap round works perfectly fine for everything, anything I can throw at it has worked just fine especially when it came to the occasional dab @Omphilreal on the SiC dish from dnail at first but I've just upgraded to sapphire, another level now for flavour :o.

I'd go with what @invertedisdead suggested get a OG version with all the bits, use the money off coupon and jump on board. So glad I took my own advice there, great little FP club to be a part of too :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
Haven't got a shower head but my flowerpot with 16mm wrap round works perfectly fine for everything, anything I can throw at it has worked just fine especially when it came to the occasional dab @Omphilreal on the SiC dish from dnail at first but I've just upgraded to sapphire, another level now for flavour :o.

I'd go with what @invertedisdead suggested get a OG version with all the bits, use the money off coupon and jump on board. So glad I took my own advice there, great little FP club to be a part of too :)

Love my OGFP 16mm set up!!
Always threaten to upgrade and then i hit the OG and am blown away!

anasrzi

Love my OGFP 16mm set up!!
Always threaten to upgrade and then i hit the OG and am blown away!

Exactly @lazylathe no need to get a new unit when the OG 16mm knocks your socks off!!! I've not had mine long and I still need to play round with settings but every time I hit it I learn something new, starting temp, draw speed, tapping down the micro load or not etc.

Love learning with the flowerpot. Starting to think about upping the temps a little more with the sapphire attached, needs a extra kick I'd say :).

Top Bottom