Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

grokit

well-worn member
Did you ever end up getting a coil cover or a dish wrap? I'm wondering if it let you start using 1 coil. I've never been able to get double deckers going at a temperature I like. I'm going to try doing a basket screen thing to get the flower farther away. I think that should let me turn the temp up some more. Otherwise I've tried everything else I can think of. Well besides running 2 coils.
No but I remain very satisfied using two coils, and would love to get a 16mm dnail sic dish wrap-around post as well as a 16mm coil cover. But first I would have to convince @NewVape710 to make me a proto or one-off of that 16mm dnail sic dish wrap-around post, with a longer threaded shaft to accommodate both coils.

So I've put it on hold, but not indefinitely. I would love to grab a showerhead for that 20mm coil someday, but it's hard to justify while I still have a working og sublimator for flowers. I'm loving my latest double-decker temps though, I'm up to 770f on top with the flat coil, and 600f down below with the 16mm coil.

:science:

Alexis

With portable hand held vapes i used to get bronchitis often. prehaps it was moldy flower. But since the flowerpot I haven't. I barely even cough anymore. I never considered this to be associated with draw restrictions.
Yeah for sure I didn't mean to suggest that the Flowerpot has ever had any issue with draw restriction. As fas as I'm aware, that was never a problem.

But regardless you have managed to increase the airflow and get even better results it appears, or equal at least. A great advancement. I know the Herborizer Ti has very open airflow, but still produces the giant clouds.

Owners of both said how the Flowerpot milked up their glass more, while the Herbo Ti cloud was denser on exhale. I thought it may be due to a faster airflow with the Ti. From videos and comments above that also fits with the showerhead, less milked but huge volumes exhaled.

I know the Glass Symphony is designed to work with a fast draw, I think it has very open airflow too but can be tinkered.
So I just think it is a worthwhike advancement to further increase the airflow and keep performance. To me that just adds attraction to the vaporizer.

Also I certainly didn't mean to imply that the Flowerpot is harsh or unhealthy in any way. I am sure it is clean and smooth as anything. I don't understand how my allergies work and why different vaporizers are so variable in how they affect me. I wish I did, it's an expensive game learning which ones I can't handle!

I would happily reccommend the Flowerpot to someone who wants to really look after their health (physical that is ;)).

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
ichibaneye,
Where did you get that exquisite long Lolli Cap handle?
Yet ANOTHER NewVape product I'll be forced to buy? :D
My pal, here is the deal, I got ya man.
Hit the NV tab because we know by this point it's just like always hovering there begging you to click on it and buy more of that 'take my damn dollars nice shit'!

Once you're on the website hit the left side column select dab tools. It's the 4" ball tip dabber with an even better and smaller ball than the mini ball dabber. It's pretty legit and feels really good in your hand.

Oh and drool over the stand while you're there. I highly recommend it! :mmmm:

It's even better in person and has already become very useful in so many other ways then I had originally intended.

Any reason for the air hole at the edge? Why not in the centre of the cap, for example? Or lots of small holes around the edge so you don't have to rotate the cap in use (unless you expect the air temp hitting the flower to be uniform regardless of the position of the carb cap air hole)?
It's also intended for dabbing. The Showercap is a duel use carbcap just like the lollicap carbcap.

As in some of the flowerheads like carb capping flowers and open draw sessions too. This same design holds true to pair with the improved Showerhead for optimal flower sessions.

The carb hole is on the outside for the same reasons again like the lollicap. To move the errl around on the dabbing surface for optimal taste and correct extraction of that sweet sweet errl and to also allow for the restricted airflow that's needed for low temperature dabbing.:)

Speaking of the low temp. dabs, those lower temperatures are also pretty close to flavor heaven when it comes to vaporizing flowers I might add.:brow::o:tup:

Last edited:

wibbleplonk

It's also intended for dabbing. The Showercap is a duel use carbcap just like the lollicap carbcap.

As in some of the flowerheads like carb capping flowers and open draw sessions too. This same design holds true to pair with the improved Showerhead for optimal flower sessions.

The carb hole is on the outside for the same reasons again like the lollicap. To move the errl around on the dabbing surface for optimal taste and correct extraction of that sweet sweet errl. And to also allow for the restricted airflow that's needed for low temperature dabbing.:)
Ah, makes sense now! But then wouldn't it be better to have lots of small holes all the way around the edges so that you don't need to rotate the cap?

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Ah, makes sense now! But then wouldn't it be better to have lots of small holes all the way around the edges so that you don't need to rotate the cap?

You shouldn't really need to rotate the showercap, if it's anything like the lolli cap.
just leave it in place... let airflow (and air rotation imparted by the angled hole) do all the work! :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Did you ever end up getting a coil cover or a dish wrap? I'm wondering if it let you start using 1 coil. I've never been able to get double deckers going at a temperature I like. I'm going to try doing a basket screen thing to get the flower farther away. I think that should let me turn the temp up some more. Otherwise I've tried everything else I can think of. Well besides running 2 coils.

Thats why Ive now got a screen half way down the channel under the flower bowl, and I now just put whole 0.2 nugs in there a la the Grasshopper.

Works like a dream at high temps.

@ichibaneye Thanks for the screen report. I think I'll buy two! :) One to fit in the air channel under the bowl, one to put in the bowl itself.

Levels, Jerry, Levels!

Justpassedu

No , the purpose of the Carb Cap is to " make it possible to dab marijuana concentrates at very low temperatures. This leads to a smoother, tastier, more pleasant experience. The purpose of the hole is it restricts air flow and provides a chamber in which to heat the concentrate. The small opening creates suction as it restricts air flow into the nail hole.This suction, in turn, lowers the air pressure inside the chamber to a level below normal atmospheric pressure. And this lowers the boiling temperature of the oil, allowing you to dab at lower temperatures than you would otherwise be able to. As air squeezes through the hole in the carb cap, it creates a vortex that swirls around the chamber’s center column. This fluid motion creates dynamic and hydrostatic pressure, with the dynamic pressure lowest in the core of the chamber. As a result, overall pressure in the chamber drops even further and cools the nail, the concentrate, and its smoke. At the same time, gravity pulls the dab down while the vortex provides centrifugal force that pushes the oil down even further. The process also changes the shape of the dab in a way that increases molecular interactions when the dab hits the nail. Altogether, these forces build an optimum chamber that leads to an ideal oil experience. "

I hope this helps explain a bit better why there is usually one hole and not many in a carb cap, also rotating the carb cap while on changes the direction of the airflow and helps move around the concentrate to the right spots and aids in extraction.

Last edited:

wibbleplonk

No , the purpose of the Carb Cap is to " make it possible to dab marijuana concentrates at very low temperatures. This leads to a smoother, tastier, more pleasant experience. The purpose of the hole is it restricts air flow and provides a chamber in which to heat the concentrate. The small opening creates suction as it restricts air flow into the nail hole.This suction, in turn, lowers the air pressure inside the chamber to a level below normal atmospheric pressure. And this lowers the boiling temperature of the oil, allowing you to dab at lower temperatures than you would otherwise be able to. As air squeezes through the hole in the carb cap, it creates a vortex that swirls around the chamber’s center column. This fluid motion creates dynamic and hydrostatic pressure, with the dynamic pressure lowest in the core of the chamber. As a result, overall pressure in the chamber drops even further and cools the nail, the concentrate, and its smoke. At the same time, gravity pulls the dab down while the vortex provides centrifugal force that pushes the oil down even further. The process also changes the shape of the dab in a way that increases molecular interactions when the dab hits the nail. Altogether, these forces build an optimum chamber that leads to an ideal oil experience. "

I hope this helps explain a bit better why there is usually one hole and not many in a carb cap, also rotating the carb cap while on changes the direction of the airflow and helps move around the concentrate to the right spots and aids in extraction.
Yes, this makes perfect sense, thanks. I was visualising the airflow inside the chamber with the cap in place. I can now 'see' from your explanation how an angled hole would create a 'vortex' of air swirling around in a circular motion around and down into the central exhaust.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'd say no based on a few reasons. First when dabbing it's all about having a few factors working at their best. You want the oil to roll over a fresh surface instantaneously for as long as possible.

Also while it's doing this heat is being exhausted by way of the freshly introduced errl to the dabbing surface. You also want the dabbing surface to maintain that stable heat at the optimal extraction temp. while this is happening.

Having holes all over the place would cause a lot of what I mentioned to not really work so well.

Air inlets from all around will cause a lot of turbulence, you also want to avoid splashes while dabbing. Think waste on that point.

Then again whith small holes a person eventually will want a way to control how many are used or adjustable and what not.

When I've seen that happen with other carbcaps in the past, the carb caps function and utility start to diminish rapidly and finally it becomes obsolete. Only to make way for the simpler and properly functioning designs once again.

Hopefully that made a bit of sense for you. I'm deeply vaped and in between testing the Showerhead. I'm actually getting back to the final half of it right now... Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
coil cover works great. I've never had issues with double deckers. whether it's the coil cover or not idk but it's always been sufficient as I've never had isssues with pooling oil. the really nice vibrant blue seems to have faded a bit from my cover but the color is definitely still nice.

fYLDtBK.jpg

1suuuEg.jpg

wibbleplonk

I'd say no based on a few reasons. First when dabbing it's all about having a few factors working at their best. You want the oil to roll over a fresh surface instantaneously for as long as possible.

Also while it's doing this heat is being exhausted by way of the freshly introduced errl to the dabbing surface. You also want the dabbing surface to maintain that stable heat at the optimal extraction temp. while this is happening.

Having holes all over the place would cause a lot of what I mentioned to not really work so well.

Air inlets from all around will cause a lot of turbulence, you also want to avoid splashes while dabbing. Think waste on that point.

Then again whith small holes a person will want away to control how many are used or adjustable. When I've seen that the carb caps function and utility start to diminish rapidly and finally become obsolete. Only to make way for the simpler functioning designs once again.

Hopefully that made a bit of sense for you. I'm deeply vaped and in between testing the Showerhead. I'm actually getting back to the final half of it right now... Cheers! :cheers:
Yep, although now I'm imagining multiple smaller angled holes around the carb cap. Or does forcing the air through a single hole create a stronger vortex?

coil cover works great. I've never had issues with double deckers. whether it's the coil cover or not idk but it's always been sufficient as I've never had isssues with pooling oil. the really nice vibrant blue seems to have faded a bit from my cover but the color is definitely still nice.
That Ti looks sexy as hell.

dontmindme

multiple holes could work... maybe multiple holes in a series that vary in size to promote movement. but i think you'd want the oil to move around the hot surface.

Multiple holes would work on a flat or concave surface maybe with no center post... forcing it to centralize and climb up hopefully. but i was thinking about this earlier today that the air flow would have to be below the vapor path to force the form. it'd be tricky to design... but it would be cool to alway use hot air instead of room temp air.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Touch the lollicap after it sits on the nail for like 10seconds. I think it gets hot pretty quick and helps with that...

In torch+banger dabbing, this is a technique where you also heat the bubble cap a little bit before taking your dab. This way the nail and cap are closer in temp and it holds it better. You won't see any vapor being produced in the nail when you use this tech, but it starts in the neck (due to temps or something? I forget the reasoning)

wibbleplonk

multiple holes could work... maybe multiple holes in a series that vary in size to promote movement. but i think you'd want the oil to move around the hot surface.

Multiple holes would work on a flat or concave surface maybe... forcing it to centralize and climb up hopefully. but i was thinking about this earlier today that the air flow would have to be below the vapor path to force the form. it'd be tricky to design... but it would be cool to alway use hot air instead of room temp air.
Yeah, I was just thinking that all the air coming in on one side might lead to a temperature differential between the area of the dish where all the cool air is entering and the other side of the bowl once it's warmed a little. The only reason I mentioned a number of smaller holes was to aid temperature uniformity across the entire surface of the dish.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You don't want multiple holes in your carb cap. Feel free to read the Liger V3 thread to see how well that works. The function of a carb cap is to create a convective environment, which compounds the conduction effect of the concentrate directly vaporizing off the hot surface.

dontmindme

Depends on how you do it... a series of multiple holes varying in size that all equal to the size of single hole in a carb cap would simulate you spinning a carb cap. maybe? I don't know...

dontmindme

I mean, I'm just going with is it possible without any loss of performance or maybe an improvement.

This isn't the liger which doesn't have a center hole. You want the oil to spin around touching as much surface and thinning out as possible.

You can imagine it like a line that is wavey that adjusts its size to big and small... or like DNA because those two sides would need to be connected. Only it's small holes leading to a big hole back to small holes... so the air flow angles by the restriction... Maybe it will build up momentum because the bubbles are forced to disperse on an angle rather than just up? I don't know... It's all a little difficult to picture right now.

You could also then just thread down a disc to control it's actual restriction... Too many variables at play to say one size works the best, when there's the size of dab... temp of surface... shape of surface... and each person expects different results with different rates of inhalation.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I think if you're moving the cap (much like you would with a bubblecap), it's eventually going to hit everywhere. The good thing is, with the flowerpot, there's no guesswork and timers and shit like that, or the risk of burning your expensive ass oils. Just set it on a low enough temp where it slightly pools, drop carbcap on and move it around.

I guess I'm saying I think it's fine as is (coming from a thermal+bubblecap setup) but am interested to see what else there could be. What @steama suggest could be neat.
Maybe it wouldn't be ideal for oils but for flowers. Or for necessary airflow when you crank up the temps for huge dabs but also don't want scalding hot death.

idk. just thinking aloud.

dontmindme

Another cool idea is playing with a glass ball, with this multi hole carb cap with fluctuations in sizes, and see if the ball would roll around taking away the physical labor... not even going to mention a mini fidget...

Baron23

Ah...I see our resident, in his head, theorist is with us here.

In almost all cases where I have seen carb caps discussed, whether Liger, D-nail, or anything else....the most common complaint is too much air flow. Too unrestricted. This is why people put q-tips in the hole in their D-nail Halo cap. This why almost everybody sets their Liger caps to one open hole (I dunno if he even makes the adjustable ones anymore...too much complexity for no benefit, IMO).

NO, a series of small holes around the edge will not create circular air movement to move the oil around and if they are small enough that they restrict airflow sufficiently, then chances are they will clog quickly also.

dontmindme

I'm more thinking all the way around... not just part of the carb cap...

Then maybe a helix line type variance would work better. I guess the whole variance of this hole is pretty minuscule.

I don't know how Ligers worked... but isn't that a centralized single air hole that just made the oil go everywhere if it was too big?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
This is why people put q-tips in the hole in their D-nail Halo cap

wait... the cap that costs as much as the sic halo currently...? :rofl:

i'm sorry if that is rude to anyone who just purchased a dnail for their flowerpot but man, what a joke.

I'm quite glad I held off to see how the FP performed before purchasing the dnail as I think the showerhead will be significantly more satisfying. I continue to be impressed with this things flower vaping capabilities every time I use it. Very glad I set my expectations low because I'm getting blown away. The flavor is significantly better than I expected and the hits are hands down the biggest I've gotten from any vaporizer I've tried.

I've had a face-melting session every night since I got this thing, and amazing sleep. :haw:

Last edited:

Likes2vape

wait... the cap that costs as much as the sic halo currently...? :rofl:

i'm sorry if that is rude to anyone who just purchased a dnail for their flowerpot but man, what a joke.

I'm quite glad I held off to see how the FP performed before purchasing the dnail as I think the showerhead will be significantly more satisfying. I continue to be impressed with this things flower vaping capabilities every time I use it. Very glad I set my expectations low because I'm getting blown away. The flavor is significantly better than I expected and the hits are hands down the biggest I've gotten from any vaporizer I've tried.

I've had a face-melting session every night since I got this thing, and amazing sleep. :haw:
Yeah it does cost as much as the halo which is totally ridiculous but the new cap is perfect for the halos. IMO if you have a d-nail halo and you don't have a d-nail carb cap you are missing out!! I just got the carb cap after having my halo for almost 2 years and I feel like I am just now getting the whole experience. Sorry for the rant I just can't believe how well they work together. The showerhead is great but for dabbing SiC rules.

Top Bottom