Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A Carb cap will always decrease airflow when placed on. I feel they are free flowing enough to begin with it does not make a difference. I am getting denser hits Carb capping with 0 air flow issue. I don't find it a bother at all.

Have you noticed any functional advantage with the showerhead over the standard flowerpot? I'm just trying to learn more about the two before I order in the next week or two.

VisiblyVaped

I can not believe how awesome this showerhead is!!! 685 no carb cap and still full extraction. I did turn it back up to 710 though as I like the higher temp hits better. This is the best one hit vape ever!! At 710 the abc comes out a dark brown and the hits are so heavy! I love it. :love::love:

It really is the end game for desktop vapes in my opinion. The shower head is ridiculous. Even without a working carb cap (due to its diameter being so large compared to the og), I can get nice hits effortlessly and it'll be super easy to clean any residue from my double deckers. I have found that it's so free flowing I no longer have to lift the head for a bong type slider clearing, I can simply draw slow to fill the piece with vapor then do one strong ass inhale and it clears it. Pretty fuckin cool.

I'm definitely getting the shower cap when it's released but I'll only be using it with dabs. I love how wide open the airflow is without a carb cap. This is the closest to a bong hit out of any vape I have tried. It has me:mmmm::smug::smug::mmmm:
I would LOVE to use the shower cap or any carb cap on this and then give it a thorough breakdown and comparison to the original/basic Sic Dish set up. I think with both flowers and dabs it would be fantastic.
Have you noticed any functional advantage with the showerhead over the standard flowerpot? I'm just trying to learn more about the two before I order in the next week or two.

The airflow and the fact that you can manipulate the density better with JUST draw speed is a functional advantage.

I do still need to use this with a carb cap but without having the chance yet, I can already tell you without a doubt that if you're most interested in vaping flowers with some double deckers......get the showerhead. It takes the great ingenuity of the original and just builds on it.

My expectation has been exceeded in that regard. It hits HARD already. If I could dense up that cloud a bit more with a cap this will certainly be the hardest hitting set up I've ever tried.

tQb5MQf.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
They said showercap was coming this week. I have the showerhead waiting in my cart til then...

I'm also curious if a scoop w threading for the lolli / shower - caps was looked into, as this is something I'd buy.

Don't need a dabber. The one with the concentrate station is great.

I also don't really find it necessary to stir with this thing.

Thanks to everyone who's posted and continues to post great info

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It really is the end game for desktop vapes in my opinion. The shower head is ridiculous. Even without a working carb cap (due to its diameter being so large compared to the og), I can get nice hits effortlessly and it'll be super easy to clean any residue from my double deckers. I have found that it's so free flowing I no longer have to lift the head for a bong type slider clearing, I can simply draw slow to fill the piece with vapor then do one strong ass inhale and it clears it. Pretty fuckin cool.

I would LOVE to use the shower cap or any carb cap on this and then give it a thorough breakdown and comparison to the original/basic Sic Dish set up. I think with both flowers and dabs it would be fantastic.

The airflow and the fact that you can manipulate the density better with JUST draw speed is a functional advantage.

I do still need to use this with a carb cap but without having the chance yet, I can already tell you without a doubt that if you're most interested in vaping flowers with some double deckers......get the showerhead. It takes the great ingenuity of the original and just builds on it.

My expectation has been exceeded in that regard. It hits HARD already. If I could dense up that cloud a bit more with a cap this will certainly be the hardest hitting set up I've ever tried.

I feel like I'm in a unique situation because I mostly dab currently, but I've never owned a flower vaporizer that was designed to be able to extract a whole bowl in one or two hits either. I'm looking for some of these "flower dab" type hits to get back into more dry herb. I feel like I got away from flowers because of long vaporizer session times, and not due to high tolerance. The SiC flowerpot seems like the obvious choice, but I definitely find the showerhead alluring, plus I think that big slab of Ti looks great.

VisiblyVaped

I feel like I'm in a unique situation because I mostly dab currently, but I've never owned a flower vaporizer that was designed to be able to extract a whole bowl in one or two hits either. I'm looking for some of these "flower dab" type hits to get back into more dry herb. I feel like I got away from flowers because of long vaporizer session times, and not due to high tolerance. The SiC flowerpot seems like the obvious choice, but I definitely find the showerhead alluring, plus I think that big slab of Ti looks great.

This was me. I was all concentrate with a little herb here and there. Then I got this for double deckers, expecting to still be mostly in the shatter and such.
But between this and the vapcaps I'm actually going through more flower and less concentrate, and spending much less money to get equally as blazed

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
This was me. I was all concentrate with a little herb here and there. Then I got this for double deckers, expecting to still be mostly in the shatter and such.
But between this and the vapcaps I'm actually going through more flower and less concentrate, and spending much less money to get equally as blazed

I feel the same way @VisiblyVaped much less concentrates for me to.

Likes2vape

I have been using the showerhead all day and I haven't wanted to take a dab! I switched the heads out and put the wrap around dnail head on and it doesn't extrac flower nearly as good as the showerhead without a carb cap. I have to use a carb cap with the wrap around head at the same temps.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have a tiny mess right now. I want a flowerpot and will use exclusively for microdosing flowers. I want to extract all possible compounds out of my herbs. I had my eye on the showerhead but i have been reading there is no carb cap for it and also that the bowl is going to be redesigned. My problem is that I live in spain so shipping is expensive and I would like to get all the pieces I need in one order. Should I wait for the new bowl and carb cap?

anasrzi

I get where your coming from @jardri shipping to the u.k plus import taxes are going to hit me hard with my order, should be here sometime this week id at least hope, this bank holiday doesn't help matters. The shower head carb is going to be coming soon so I'd be inclined to wait if you can perhaps @NewVape710 can give a more accurate time scale on those?

Another alternative for simply doing herbs only is buy the original or the new wrap round with a Ti head for extra heat retention with the coil cover, that will work very well and gies you peacefully of mind knowing the lolli pop cap fits already.

Micro dosing herb is why I brought the supreme V3, one heat cycle to 160c and one lung buster to finish the glass straw off in one foul swoop, all compounds extracted too.

anasrzi,
Reactions: muunch

Justpassedu

I have a tiny mess right now. I want a flowerpot and will use exclusively for microdosing flowers. I want to extract all possible compounds out of my herbs. I had my eye on the showerhead but i have been reading there is no carb cap for it and also that the bowl is going to be redesigned. My problem is that I live in spain so shipping is expensive and I would like to get all the pieces I need in one order. Should I wait for the new bowl and carb cap?
I'd say don't wait , Showerhead will be your best bet for micro dosing and members with them in there hands already stated they are not really needing a carb cap. Eventually a cap will come out , but no release date as of now on it. You'd be safe grabbing a carb cap designed for a 30mm nail , something like this would fit - http://www.1percent.com/termini-stemware-carb-cap.html , just make sure it is open in the inside like the one linked to accommodate the nut and raised air inlet. As for the new bowl , i'd say don't wait also as all bowls out are compatible & you could do just fine micro dosing with what is out now.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Would an old school push bowl style work with convection or is it too uneven? I remember in my combustion days a nice single hole push bowl with the right taper could be loaded with as little or as much herb as you wanted. Not sure that it would really work with a vaporizer, but just an idea I wanted to throw out since a new bowl is being designed.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I was unable to bring the gear to the fights this past Saturday or even use it yet. I'm actually glad in a way because I didn't really want any distractions while becoming familiar with and testing out the gear.

So, I've arrived in Oregon and I'm staying here for the week so I can really dive into it all.

4 different flowers are on deck and 2 different shatters as well.

Because I'm a fan of the colors Ti changes at higher temperatures I cranked the heat up pretty high while I got everything else ready to go. That way I get the cool colors.

20 minutes later and I've got color! I'm going to do this with all of my pieces.

Okay, so today will be my first go at the lovely and solid FP. I'm just going to start off with flower only at first and then baby step into the double deckers. I don't want to be benched on my first day. ;)

Now the real tough decision for me here is do I go small or big on load size! I have been on a T break for the past 5 days or so.

Because of this the FP for sure will reach out and touch me if not more so smack my ass into oblivion because of my lowered tolerance. I'm actually a bit nervous...haha! This is exciting.

I've got the heat dialed back down to 625F now and I think I'll go with a small dusting to cover the Ti screen that's in the stubby bowl for starters.

The stubby bowls are beautiful and look to hold a lot of material if need be and there is no way my screens will pop out.

The fitment is very tight and just like everything so far with NV products seems like a match made in heaven when it comes to anything they touch.

I hope to maintain consciousness today as best as I can so I'll be able to share my progress and first usage impressions. So....on that note I'm shoving off, wish me luck!

Finally, if I've not checked back in for a few hours it's because the FP sucker punched me and I've got a sign hanging around my neck that says DO NOT RESUSCITATE! :o:zzz: :tup::D

Last edited:

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I agree the screens come out to easy with the round bottom. and blow back is messy. all great feedback. keep them coming. expect to see these items addressed in the next bowl design. I'm thrilled to see the new heads are being accepted well.

Edwyn,
I took my two FlowerPot bowls (most recent version, with rounded bottom) and did a slight modification. Right at the point where the top of the bowl "curve" ends and the straight walls begin, I lathe cut a groove into the inside of the bowl with a boring bar (TPG221 carbide insert), so that the "flat" edge is at the bowl bottom, and the angled slope section is more toward the opening of the pot. Cut in 0.020" depth.

Retains my 3/4" Ti screens perfectly... I haven't had any screens unintentionally come out, rotationally spill, or blowthrough/tilted blowback since I've done this. Normal blowback is still a problem with some glass pieces I use, so I slap a 2nd screen over the load, or use the Lolli Carb Cap carefully for those situations.

Just some info to consider... your own solution might be different.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

So, I was unable to bring the gear to the fights this past Saturday or even use it yet. I'm actually glad in a way because I didn't really want any distractions while becoming familiar with and testing out the gear.

So, I've arrived in Oregon and I'm staying here for the week so I can really dive into it all.

4 different flowers are on deck and 2 different shatters as well.

Because I'm a fan of the colors Ti changes at higher temperatures I cranked the heat up pretty high while I got everything else ready to go. That way I get the cool colors.

20 minutes later and I've got color! I'm going to do this with all of my pieces.

Okay, so today will be my first go at the lovely and solid FP. I'm just going to start off with flower only at first and then baby step into the double deckers. I don't want to be benched on my first day. ;)

Now the real tough decision for me here is do I go small or big on load size! I have been on a T break for the past 5 days or so.

Because of this the FP for sure will reach out and touch me if not more so smack my ass into oblivion because of my lowered tolerance. I'm actually a bit nervous...haha! This is exciting.

I've got the heat dialed back down to 625F now and I think I'll go with a small dusting to cover the Ti screen that's in the stubby bowl for starters.

The stubby bowls are beautiful and look to hold a lot of material if need be and there is no way my screens with pop out.

The fitment is very tight and just like everything so far with NV products seems like a match made in heaven when it comes to anything they touch.

I hope to maintain consciousness today as best as I can so I'll be able to share my progress and first usage impressions. So....on that note I'm shoving off, wish me luck!

Finally, if I've not checked back in for a few hours it's because the FP sucker punched me and I've got a sign hanging around my neck that says DO NOT RESUSCITATE! :o:zzz: :tup::D

Nice Shots & i'm with ya on loving the colors the titanium turns when heated. Good luck my friend and enjoy. @Chicken #420 i never had a problem using my own screen cut a tad larger than the actual bowl size , this seems to solve any problem of the screen falling out instead of having to actually cut the bowl. Although your prayers may be answered when the party bowl comes out -
LUEbEUU.jpg

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Justpassedu,
Yeah... I also tried the slightly oversized screen trick. It works, and would have solved my problem. However, I have a large bunch of 3/4" Titanium screens... so I wanted a different solution that wouldn't force me to abandon that particular investment! :)

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Edwyn,
I took my two FlowerPot bowls (most recent version, with rounded bottom) and did a slight modification. Right at the point where the top of the bowl "curve" ends and the straight walls begin, I lathe cut a groove into the inside of the bowl with a boring bar (TPG221 carbide insert), so that the "flat" edge is at the bowl bottom, and the angled slope section is more toward the opening of the pot. Cut in 0.020" depth.

Retains my 3/4" Ti screens perfectly... I haven't had any screens unintentionally come out, rotationally spill, or blowthrough/tilted blowback since I've done this. Normal blowback is still a problem with some glass pieces I use, so I slap a 2nd screen over the load, or use the Lolli Carb Cap carefully for those situations.

Just some info to consider... your own solution might be different.

and the insert style. that's some fine intel. Can I get a photo?

wibbleplonk

I've been using the (classic) FP for the past few days. My initial thoughts are that it's very well made and highly efficient. An absolute pleasure to use. It also handles small groups admirably. So far, so good!

My temps are currently higher than I'd like, but I think that's because the Vapecode enail coil is a bit loose around the FP. There's about 1mm play between the body of the FP and the coil horizontally, vertically there's even more play. My coil has 4 wraps whereas it looks like the FP could accommodate 5 wraps. I'm not sure whether to attempt tightening the coil wrap around the FP body and / or spread it.

A feature I'd love is adjustable bowl size, so it's great to hear this being discussed. Either notches, ring inserts or some sort of screw adjustment to raise / lower the screen to adjust bowl size would be awesome. The advantage of drop in inserts being that you could adjust both the height and width of the bowl, perhaps?

Top Bottom