Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

VisiblyVaped

I've been using my vapcap so much lately for the quickness but just now had a chance to to a nice 20min FP session........
This is definitely my desktop end game. I just don't see the need for anything else. Ever.

Vapcaps for quickness and portability, Healthy Rips for portability stealth sessions, and flowerpot for relax at home when I got a bit of time.

I think I like my rotation.:nod::nod::nod::science:

Edit: @grokit if I'm seeing and reading your posts correctly......and I believe I am. I see numerous coils and heat temps and I guess I just have one question.....

How have you not blown yourself up yet? Or at least started something on fire.
You frighten me. In a good way sir

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
* Also keep in mind if you are purchasing the Arizer Extreme Q domed screens or even the Ddave that they will not fit all bowls. I believe they only fit the bowls being sold without a handle , the og version NewVape had 1st provided with the Fp release.
I tried the basket screen last night, it fit perfect in my flower bowl with the handle pictured above. I tried it once with just the basket filled, and once with a mega bowl. It's great except it's potentially messy, as it's easy to dislodge when removing and you could get crumbs on the honey below. And it doesn't 'knock out' very easily either. All in all it was worth a try, I remain a basket screen mod fan but not with this.

As long as we're talking about the bowl with the handle, I will say that I noticed a little bending on mine from heat as well. Not a huge issue, but perhaps a different alloy should be tried next time @NewVape710.

I really like my 'current';) setup.
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and did a quick double decker, the milk was unbelievable!
I slept like a baby after that:zzz:

edit:
@grokit if I'm seeing and reading your posts correctly......and I believe I am. I see numerous coils and heat temps and I guess I just have one question.....

How have you not blown yourself up yet? Or at least started something on fire.
You frighten me. In a good way sir
No sir, haven't even blown a circuit (yet)!

What's cool about this is setup is that the individual coils don't have to work so hard, as they are so snug with each other that they support each other's heat. I will probably grab another one of these wood-grain jobs soon so it all matches, then I will have a backup plus a complete hybrid enail dabbing rig to sell.

:science:

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I tried the basket screen last night, it fit perfect in my flower bowl with the handle pictured above. I tried it once with just the basket filled, and once with a mega bowl. It's great except it's potentially messy, as it's easy to dislodge when removing and you could get crumbs on the honey below. And it doesn't 'knock out' very easily either. All in all it was worth a try, I remain a basket screen mod fan but not with this.

As long as we're talking about the bowl with the handle, I will say that I noticed a little bending on mine from heat as well. Not a huge issue, but perhaps a different alloy should be tried next time @NewVape710.

I really like my 'current';) setup.
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and did a double decker, the milk was unbelievable!
I slept like a baby after that:zzz:

I just know i have a few bowls and it did not fit all of them so good info man , ty. I remain basket screen less myself but i do want to try it out again just for the fact i can pack more in it for a little session which is one of my favorite things. What was actually bending ? I am pretty sure all the metal parts are made with Grade 2 Titanium and that it is high quality. If it is the handle it may be the spot it threads in being a weak point. Not to sure though . Those double deckers are amazing to get back to sleep , one of my favorite things to do. Cheers :science:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I just got my new thermocouple and I have to apologize to anyone who read my posts about temperature thinking I knew what I was talking about. The thermocouple that came with my thermometer I was using was at least 50 degrees off. I finally realized it was only rated for 200c and I'm glad I started looking for a new one. It's almost as bad as when I was going by the ir gun temp, that thing was ridiculously far off. I'm actually surprised I was so successfully and happily hitting my sic dish at 550 instead 600 like I though. I turned it up so my dish is around 600, but I might turn it back down. Again sorry for anyone listening to this dummy.

IMG_20170803_192501.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got the new 16mm stuff, and the round knocker thingie online today :tup:

4ateY25.jpg

nedWX9z.jpg

Don't knock it till you try it :brow:

edit:
Only if you just fill to the rim of the basket screen...
If not, the basket screen actually increases the overall size of the bowl by the amount it will hold, because without it the regular screen would cover the part of the flowerpot that the basket screen resides in.

:ko: Hope that made sense!

Does this actually work? I was thinking the coils both heating and touching each other would... I don't know, just be too fucking super hot. I might want to try this actually.

grokit

well-worn member
Does this actually work? I was thinking the coils both heating and touching each other would... I don't know, just be too fucking super hot. I might want to try this actually.
It works great, check my edit. I was originally worried that they would somehow short-circuit, or thermo-dynamically cancel each other out, but this is not the case as they actually seem to support each other.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Here's what's on the R&D drawing board for the flowerpot.
1) dish washer will allow dish to be tighten separate from coil. and perhaps transfer heat differently.
2) 20 and 16mm coil spacer washers. for dealing with shorter (metric) coils.
3) 3" scoop dabber for lolli cap. Instead of the short ball
4) 20mm coil cover (not heat shield) machined from 1.25" grade 2 titanium (expensive). Would eliminate part 1 on this list. Our thoughts are it would catch and retain more of the heat from the coil.
5) Stainless loading tool and stir stick.
I hope you all have a great weekend. I appreciate your suggestions on improving the flowerpot.
flowerpot_additional_parts-2.jpg

subway13029

1) dish washer will allow dish to be tighten separate from coil. and perhaps transfer heat differently.
4) 20mm coil cover (not heat shield) machined from 1.25" grade 2 titanium (expensive). Would eliminate part 1 on this list. Our thoughts are it would catch and retain more of the heat from the coil.
I hope you all have a great weekend. I appreciate your suggestions on improving the flowerpot.
Nice improvements but I come to all in sadness...I finally got my '''''twax dialed in at 680 and I've had maybe 4 or 5 sessions with the quartz head and 1 dab but I turned my setup on and let get to temp and went back to start my sesh a d the quartz head is all spider cracked??my nut is not too tight and it was just sitting there..it looks like well I dunno what it looks like I know that I am sad...

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese

All in one cap and dish for flowers only please @NewVape710! Would buy one of these straight away!

VisiblyVaped

@NewVape710 Slightly longer stem on the standard ball end lollicap would be my vote. It can get a bit hot! :)

And a finer screen as standard.

Other than that, another day, another dial down. I'm still getting huge, lung busting, eye watering clouds at 620f with flower, so I've gone down to 600 :)

I've gone as low as 580 and loved it

subway13029

i have figured my problem after my quartz head cracked for no reason at all and i replied to @NewVape710 plst asking why or how it craced while just sitting while on.but when i switched bac to the titanium head its not a seal with the lollicap.when i put the lollicap on the quartz head it almost feels like its magnetized it goes together so easy. but not the ttanium head.so back to mediocre after really experuencing the fp

VisiblyVaped

@subway13029
Although I don't recommend ever leaving your nail constantly heating a piece of glass, I'm sorry things are shittin' up for ya.

Ever tried the Sic dish?
I haven't used quartz or Ti with the Flowerpot. I bought Sic right away and haven't felt any need for any other dish. I've also had stellar results every single usage without ever going higher than 750 for anything.

It's worth a try. I think it could help

subway13029

i was just heating it up and allowi g for small heatsoak. bummed cuz the tutaniun doesnt have same seal with lollicap..which is why i purchased the quartz

VisiblyVaped

i was just heating it up and allowi g for small heatsoak. bummed cuz the tutaniun doesnt have same seal with lollicap..which is why i purchased the quartz

With Ti it could be the smallest mm in engineering that impacts the seal but likely has something to do with the expansion/contraction of Ti with heat.
That's why I will always say Sic is your best FP bet

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hitting some very powerful White Russain this afternoon!
To change things up a bit i am using my dry Sublimator tube with the whip attachment, normally not a whip type of guy but the Sub one is not bad.

I love watching the vapor billow and swirl around the tube!

@VisiblyVaped My quartz bowl has about 1mm wiggle room on either side when the LolliCap is centered.
There should be no interference with the edges of the quartz dish.

@subway13029 Sorry to hear about all your issues bro!
I finger tighten my nut and then back off ever so slightly, dish is stable and does not move around.
I think i may have a spare quartz dish, let me look and i will PM you if i find it! It's yours for free!

EDIT:
Found a dish and sent a PM!

EDIT #2:
I just noticed a super cool feature on my cheap China controller!
As usual i was spaced out on the forum and did not hit the vape for 10 minutes or so.
When i went to hit it, no vapor and i saw the temp was at 300.
As soon as i hit it the temp started climbing back to normal working temp!
Wait a minute and good to go again!
...may just be my coil dying as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom