Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@ChooChooCharlie
Best effects from this cheap herb i bought for a rainy day with the FP! Temp at 685.
Coughing like a mofo though... Hoping the major improvement in minimun draw restriction helps as noted by lots of you lucky bastards :love: owning this setup already! LOL!

In my lowly experience, around that temp, I have to be specific with the amounts I use to prevent coughing, even with the SH. Unless its the material youve got causing the cough, maybe try lowering the temp a bit at a time to find that point of still getting nice big clouds, but getting rid of the cough (or reduce the load slightly).

Obviously, thats just what I've found and YMMV. Obvious disclaimer for if im being patronising :) :2c:

(For instance, atm, Im up at 710 doing dabs, gonna do a double decker. If I dont go easy on the flower amount, I'll cough. Get the load right and I wont)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
are people finding that different grinds matter? I'm trying to decide if i should go finer or what... I feel like I'm getting everything but you never know... just trying to optimize this thing.

I use a swII which gives a fairly coarse grind. what does everyone else use and how does their abv look/feel?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
are people finding that different grinds matter? I'm trying to decide if i should go finer or what... I feel like I'm getting everything but you never know... just trying to optimize this thing.

I use a swII which gives a fairly coarse grind. what does everyone else use and how does their abv look/feel?

Grinder: Thumb and fingers, dont feel like I'm losing out on anything :) (tho I will eventually be getting the newvape fine grinder).

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Santa Cruz Shredder 3-Piece Large here.
Grinds medium to medium fine, depending on whether or not I invert it to keep herb in the grinding section longer before letting it drop through. ShowerHead doesn't care much about the grind... it mulches with heat! :D
With ShowerHead, I'm completely draining thinner screen covering loads in 2 or 3 draws, stirring after each draw. Heat currently set to 654... I'm wierd with numbers.
ABV is dark chocolate or coffee grounds brown, and still contains some psychoactives. I've never had a load come out black, but I don't like really high temp. vaping either.
One thing I've noticed... all FlowerPot heads I've tried so far tend to create some REALLY fine ABV particles, which typically drop through the screen and end up in the pipe. The more air that goes through the herb, the more of these fine particles seem to be created... especially if you try to milk the herb for all it's worth and maybe take 4 or 5 draws when you should have probably stopped at 3 due to the law of diminishing returns! :)

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I know this isn't a grinder thread but I'm more concerned with maximizing my goodies from the FP.

My concern with the fine grinder is loss of trichs due to having to dump it somewhere. I suppose the SW2 isn't very coarse (just coarse) and I don't need to trick myself into spending un needed dough... but my abv maintains shape well. while it's crunchy, it doesn't disintegrate. turning up the temp is not the solution for this muunch, so I think grinding more it is... if i can be fucked to remove my kief I'll try turning this upside down for a finer grind.

also, if i tap out my "pinch" scoop so it's level, it comes to 50mg or so (.05g, as stated before) pretty reliably on my scale. i load 1 or 2 (sometimes heaping) loads :science:

edit:

this thing disintegrates kief. i did 1 scoop of flower w half scoop of kief 5min ago and still recovering.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I hope my SH loves me regardless, bc I love it.

I was gonna hold off until the new bodies were released to buy the grinder but maybe worth my while now.

In any case, now that I've gotten the proper post, the $50 stand earns the Muunch seal of approval. Good stuff. Don't think it'll tip unless you try. It just glides across my desk. Awesome stuff.

I hope you're ripping along @ChooChooCharlie welcome to the party. This thing is a beast! I wish I had more desktop experience to compare to, but it is a well-crafted beast.

I hope @NewVape710 and @disGRUNTled are staying safe along with anyone else with friends and family in areas affected. Cheers

edit: forgot to mention you influenced me to use these wooden dishes i have as fresh bud and abv holders for when using the ole FP

edit2: collecting kief was never my intent but I'm not complaining... a fine grinder is in my near future

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I tried the wraparound last night, with both the quartz dish and the SiC dish, up at 710, with BHO dabs. The taste increase was noticeable, but mild, to me. I think my nose is a bit fucked up tbh.

However, what was really great was how a fairly big dab for me was gone and done in one inhale. Really smooth inhale and exhale.

Double deckers at that temp was a bit more tricky, as I could only handle a very small pinch of flower with the heat being fairly localised to the centre air channel. If I'd been using the basket method to load flower, this wouldnt have been an issue, as the flower would a little further away from the heat and directly in the path of the air flow.

I then went back to the showerhead to do more dabs to see the difference. At the same temps, the same dabs were taking maybe 2 or 3 hits to finish. So I've taken the temp up to 730 to attempt to emulate the 'down in one' experience of the wraparound. Obviously those temps make double deckers a bit trickier again. The solution would be to use a basket and keep the flower a little further away from the heat source.

Basically, I NEED the new bowl and some EVO baskets for double decker heaven :D

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Alright FPlovers, I have a question. I have skimmed, not scoured, the preceding pages. I am new to vaping in general, so be gentle. @ChooChooCharlie and his post/picture really made me wonder: what all is needed for the FP experience? I see there's an 220-240V e-nail "NV approved" on dgate so that's cool. I have an FC-187, but what else in the photo is one absolutely required? It seems the NEW Showerhead/cap has you dirty, filthy vape-heads queuing up so that seems in the required column. You see, I don't mean "basic" per se, I mean more "NVFP experience" without any extraneous or redundant bits. I understand that other parts may add to the experience, indeed it seems like it's a benefit in FP ownership = ability to upgrade/modularity. Please correct me if wrong there, I'm just trying to get my head round it. I've only poked around here, not watched videos or looked elsewhere. This thread is happening, 100 what?!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Alright FPlovers, I have a question. I have skimmed, not scoured, the preceding pages. I am new to vaping in general, so be gentle. @ChooChooCharlie and his post/picture really made me wonder: what all is needed for the FP experience? I see there's an 220-240V e-nail "NV approved" on dgate so that's cool. I have an FC-187, but what else in the photo is one absolutely required? It seems the NEW Showerhead/cap has you dirty, filthy vape-heads queuing up so that seems in the required column. You see, I don't mean "basic" per se, I mean more "NVFP experience" without any extraneous or redundant bits. I understand that other parts may add to the experience, indeed it seems like it's a benefit in FP ownership = ability to upgrade/modularity. Please correct me if wrong there, I'm just trying to get my head round it. I've only poked around here, not watched videos or looked elsewhere. This thread is happening, 100 what?!

Personally, 'required'... Coil/controller, bowl (optional handle), showerhead, coil cover (cover could be classed as optional, but to me the coil cover comes under required for optimal use), carb cap. You dont need to carb for flower but its essential for dabs.

EDIT: GAH! I've been meaning to declare, and havent, I keep forgetting... I was gifted the Showerhead and wraparound for testing and feedback, by NewVape. I bought and paid full price for my OG FP kit (and the 16mm Auber kit I have), and the same for my Vapecode coil/controller. I will definitely be buying the SH carb cap, NewVape fine grinder, and new bowl. /end declaration.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Thank you @emmdeemo you got me, I was looking for "optimal use" set-up. Much more concise than my rambling mess! I forgot to tell you all my usage, I'm in the UK so no dabs for me. :disgust: *sigh* I'm flower only, but I may press a bit of rosin now that I've learned about it. I don't understand how you all run such crazy high temps with flower and don't combust. That's what initially caught my attention.

You gotta understand, I've been out of US for well over 10 years and until I discovered FC last February, I didn't know that concentrates existed! Just smoking my herb, staying in my rut, never knowing anything about this exciting world of vaporization. If I had not stopped smoking tobacco, it would have never occurred to me to look for an alternative. So stimulating to this old brain with the new knowledge & tech!

@ChooChooCharlie At least you know what you wanted! I tend to be the same way, that's why I asked. I'm so bloody ignorant about this tech and the science behind it, I don't know what is required lol! Nice photo btw, I bet you're having fun getting familiar. :science:

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thank you @emmdeemo you got me, I was looking for "optimal use" set-up. Much more concise than my rambling mess! I forgot to tell you all my usage, I'm in the UK so no dabs for me. :disgust: *sigh* I'm flower only, but I may press a bit of rosin now that I've learned about it. I don't understand how you all run such crazy high temps with flower and don't combust. That's what initially caught my attention.

You gotta understand, I've been out of US for well over 10 years and until I discovered FC last February, I didn't know that concentrates existed! Just smoking my herb, staying in my rut, never knowing anything about this exciting world of vaporization. If I had not stopped smoking tobacco, it would have never occurred to me to look for an alternative. So stimulating to this old brain with the new knowledge & tech!

@ChooChooCharlie At least you know what you wanted! I tend to be the same way, that's why I asked. I'm so bloody ignorant about this tech and the science behind it, I don't know what is required lol! Nice photo btw, I bet you're having fun getting familiar. :science:

Then I'd get the carb cap if I were you, to make sure you get the best experience should you try the rosin route (a route well worth trying ;) ).

Chicken #420

Are there any Canadian sources for the dishes? I am without a dish currently :(

Sssshhhhh... don't tell a soul... here's a secret:

There are some cylinder-type glass slides out there, with little glass rod side handles, which are almost EXACTLY the right diameter to use with the FlowerPot heads.
You will have to search a bit... I found one at a local headshop, and I got 2 from some honeycomb/turbine sidecar waterpipes I bought on Amazon from Glass 100, shipped from China.
You will need to be careful with glass bowls, to avoid breakage with the FlowerPot by side-torqueing on the glass bowl edges if you let it "hang". You will also have to play with the temp and/or screen height, to get optimal results.

Of course, I absolutely without question prefer NewVape's wonderful Titanium bowls... for obvious reasons! :)

EDIT: Re-reading, I'm thinking you might have meant concentrate dishes (Quartz, SiC, Etc.) instead of bowls. If so, sorry... not aware of Canadian sources.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

Id like to talk about some new ideas for the caps. I find the lollicap gets too hot towards the end of a bowl. Since Im using the Dnail dish, I can use their cap as well and it also gets too hot by the end of a bowl. Im thinking maybe a cap with the handle on top and some kind of skeleton piece in between the dabber and the base to dissipate heat.

Anyone got an other ideas? And I do know I could put something on the dabber to help but Im thinking in more broad marketing terms than just taking care of my own issue.

Chicken #420

Id like to talk about some new ideas for the caps. I find the lollicap gets too hot towards the end of a bowl. Since Im using the Dnail dish, I can use their cap as well and it also gets too hot by the end of a bowl. Im thinking maybe a cap with the handle on top and some kind of skeleton piece in between the dabber and the base to dissipate heat.

Anyone got an other ideas? And I do know I could put something on the dabber to help but Im thinking in more broad marketing terms than just taking care of my own issue.

I use a piece of 1/8" I.D. thick walled silicon tubing slipped over the LolliCap handle, it works better than great! :)

Here's a photo of the Silicon handled LolliCap and NV bowl handles:

dBs7Yz5.jpg

Last edited:

PoopMachine

I use a piece of 1/8" I.D. thick walled silicon tubing slipped over the LolliCap handle, it works better than great! :)

You can see a photo of it here:

dBs7Yz5.jpg

Yea.. Im aware of this workaround but you cant expect people that dont post here to figure that kind of stuff out on their own. I was thinking of a more general design that everyman could use. We are a small bunch here in the vast world of vapers.

Chicken #420

Well... you know how it is.

If the manufacturer has not yet improved the product, we all have to do our part to work with what's available, then share the love! :)

Chicken #420,
Top Bottom