Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

morvis

Hey, I've been in the market for a vape to replace my MFLB and also toying with the idea of getting an Enail and stumbled across this and fell in love. Totally awesome. I love the interaction with the customer base here!

Basically waiting for the SiC dishes then pulling the trigger on a setup can't wait!

goodpunk6

Hey, I've been in the market for a vape to replace my MFLB and also toying with the idea of getting an Enail and stumbled across this and fell in love. Totally awesome. I love the interaction with the customer base here!

Basically waiting for the SiC dishes then pulling the trigger on a setup can't wait!

You won't regret it bud. The Flowerpot rips!! I suggest getting their lolly cap. It's a must have for the complete experience. I guess you could have someone make you a custom glass cap but I know you'll love the long lasting titanium cap.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
new_heads-2.jpg
Love the shavings, I can almost smell the fresh metal :tup:

I was looking for a reason to keep my 20mm coil, now I have one. I'm sure I'll be picking up a showerhead, a coil cover and a dish wrap, along with that sapphire insert. I've never been a fan of the insert concept but sapphire's expensive, and for a second rig to compete with my flat/16mm frankencoil combo color me very intrigued. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of packages you list together with all this new stuff.

You're creating some really dope gear here, cheers:science:

:sherlock:

anasrzi

Love that shower head dish (or whatever name it's now dubbed) might have to grab a 20mm coil at some point just for that beauty, feel it's more elegant with its sapphire insert as opposed to a screw down version. Sure both will and do work terrific it's just a visual thing.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
All solutions for revision are looking awesome - eagerly waiting for first reviews about the revisions!
TOP 1 of my VAS.....

Me too

There is absolutely nothing I do not like in this vape (ok, maybe it needs a little additional care/space because of the hot coil)

It made me think of vapcap style of business :

- more than affordable, basic set (without bubbler) coming for 248 usd or 210€ plus shipping (I "hate" greedy manufacturers)
- fast improving
- compatibles parts
- versatile
- open mind manufacturer
And because of all this, successful :)

I think this thread will grow big time.. and for newbies: if you want to buy something that is not likely to improve further (and give you "buyer regrets") the volcano or arizer extreme could be more your bread.. that being said, the hype around this vape is already here and generated by the 16mm basic version, if I was going to buy a unit now it will be this one and I will upgrade eventually (35 new coil and 30 new centerpost, it being a backup solution when coil will eventually fail)

All revisions, included 20mm rev1 center post, are novelty even if there are high expectations

Last edited:

morvis

You won't regret it bud. The Flowerpot rips!! I suggest getting their lolly cap. It's a must have for the complete experience. I guess you could have someone make you a custom glass cap but I know you'll love the long lasting titanium cap.

Yea, already stewing in my cart =). I was excited to see a cap was offered. Looks like a good one, too. I make my own dry sift from seed so I can't wait to step it up from a torch and a quartz banger. If it's worth doing it's worth doing right, eh.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks, Edwyn! 4 wraps? Nice, my chinese one has 4 wraps too!
No other modifictions?

Hogni,
Reactions: grokit

Baron23

@NewVape710 - very nice. Really coming along. I run a Liger 2.0 and just recently purchased a D-nail SiC Halo and the difference between set point temp and dab surface temp is much larger with the Halo than the Liger. Some of this, I feel certain, has to do with the SiC being exposed to cooler ambient air way more than the Liger.

So, I personally really, really like that you are wrapping the SiC/Quartz inserts in the new design.

I do hope you will make a wrapped coil type center post that will accomodate the D-nail SiC Halo. Its not that I'm a snob about D-nail versus TAG, I just like that there is more room between outside wall and center post with the D-nail making it easier to load and clean.

Do you have a planned schedule for testing of the rev 2 and when it may be generally available?

wibbleplonk

@NewVape710, thanks a lot!:tup:

Are there any modifications of shape of the coil for better fitting to the FP compared to "regular" coils?

Is there only the bundle with controller or do they separately sell the coils?

4 wraps instead of 3 wraps. i've conveyed this to the mfg
Awesome, I'm still in two minds about whether to pick up the bundle or get the Auber (I'm a sucker for a rotary dial) with the FP coil and solder a 5 pin XLR on it. Having the option is nice!

wibbleplonk

i'm off to the r&d testing bunker.
Looks super clean. What is the design brief for this new revision? To my untrained eye it looks like you're attempting to:
  1. Increase airflow (more holes)
  2. Improve temperature stability (greater mass)
  3. Reduce temperature difference between hot air flowing over flower and dish (better thermal mating of coil to dish)
  4. Decrease heat up times (coil cover)
Is this about right? Would be interested to hear your thoughts and any test results you feel comfortable sharing!

Last edited:

morvis

All this is doing is making me want to wait a little longer to order O.o. Are coils currently shipped with 4 wraps?

morvis,

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
morvis,
I received my FlowerPot last friday, with 20mm coil.
It has 4 wraps.

P.S. Do NOT delay in buying your FlowerPot - it's quite simply the most satisfying and high quality piece of vape kit I've ever encountered! :D
I think my real life began only after I received mine... and that's only a SLIGHT exaggeration! :)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

@morvis coils coming from NewVape all have 4 wraps . @wibbleplonk you pretty much hit the nail on the head , as for #4 i would think it would increase heat up time as you are adding more metal to the mix but it should in theory help trap the heat in better and aid in a more even heat distribution.

Chicken #420

Cool thanks. Yea I was thinking of just taking quartz for now and just ordering a silicon dish when they come in.

Order the Titanium dish instead, with a quarz dish ($10) if you don't like Ti. The Titanium machining of NewVape is out of this world... never shrink away from the opportunity to get a Ti piece from him! That way, if your Quarz dish ever breaks, you'll have an unbreakable Ti dish to hold you over until a replacement Quarz or SiC dish arrives. That's how I did it, no regrets on spending the extra $10. As for SiC, I found 25mm SiC dishes in stock over at Thick Ass Glass, should be here in a day or two.

P.S. My one and ONLY regret with this purchase is that I bought the 14/18mm female pot, without the handle. If I had it all to do over again, I'd go with the 18mm male pot, with handle. My initial thought was that the handle-less pot would work a bit better for my smaller glass pieces. However, after receiving and using my FlowerPot through the weekend, I realized that all the glass that I really enjoy using with my FP are all larger pipes, most equipped with 18mm female inlet connections. Also, handle-less pots are HOT to touch, I ended up putting a thick silicon rubber "band" around the center of my pot, just so I could empty my ABV. The handled version would have been SO much better. Duh!! :)

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@NewVape710, really nice! But why don't you turn the coil? So you could enlarge the area of the cover if the handle is downside. Or do I have a thoughtless errror?

Hogni,

Chicken #420

@NewVape710, really nice! But why don't you turn the coil? So you could enlarge the area of the cover if the handle is downside. Or do I have a thoughtless errror?

That is a good suggestion... except for one thing.
Some of us prefer the more "balanced" feel of the FP with downward-facing coil turns... and it would ruin it for us if we had to put it on upward-facing.
Maybe 2 versions, with different cutout lengths? ;)

Chicken #420,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom