Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

wibbleplonk

Kinda, its not a hindsight thing, I was just cutting costs any where I could to make up for postage/customs charges taking things out of my budget range. As it turns out, Auber put a very low value on the package without me asking and it sailed through customs without charges.
Good to know! I'll probably spring for the RDK-300A in that case, even though the specifications are identical to the RDK-200A it does look a little nicer, IMO.

I honestly thought they did! But I cant see mention of it any where now. I thought I'd seen mention of making sure it was requested at check out, but maybe I'm getting it mixed up with Auber. First enail purchase, the whole thing was a bit confusing :D
Tell me about it! It's been a bit of a learning curve for me, too.

I did a bit of research and found what I believe to be the Chinese manufacturer / distributor of the controller / coil bundle used by NV:
As you can see, whilst the controller appears to accept 120-240V input the coils are only rated for 120V. Edit: Misidentified.

Unless anyone can recommend another quality controller / coil bundle in the same price range as the Auber I think we may have a winner!

Last edited:
wibbleplonk,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Good to know! I'll probably spring for the RDK-300A in that case, even though the specifications are identical to the RDK-200A it does look a little nicer, IMO.

The built in timer is something it would have been handy to have.

The only other thing I've changed is to a finer screen to keep the drop down in my sig clear of particles. Finer metal screen in the flower part, added whisp of hemp fibre in the air path just below the screen.

wibbleplonk

The built in timer is something it would have been handy to have.

The only other thing I've changed is to a finer screen to keep the drop down in my sig clear of particles. Finer metal screen in the flower part, added whisp of hemp fibre in the air path just below the screen.
Interesting. I saw people recommending Ti screens earlier in the thread which sound great, although I feel a very fine mesh would be required to effectively filtrate fine particulate. I've seen stainless surgical mesh that's measured in the microns, although my metallurgical knowledge is poor and I'm not sure whether 316 SS (which I think contains both molybdenum and nickel) would remain inert at the temperatures we're talking about vaping at. Also, I wonder how much it might affect the draw resistance.

wibbleplonk,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Interesting. I saw people recommending Ti screens earlier in the thread which sound great, although I feel a very fine mesh would be required to effectively filtrate fine particulate. I've seen stainless surgical mesh that's measured in the microns, although my metallurgical knowledge is poor and I'm not sure whether 316 SS (which I think contains both molybdenum and nickel) would remain inert at the temperatures we're talking about vaping at. Also, I wonder how much it might affect the draw resistance.

Minimal draw resistance difference for me. Just the added whisp of hemp fibre was enough but it got clogged too quickly. This way it gets just a few particles and a lot of golden reclaim for emergency vaping ;)

Wow, I've been staying around 550 on my sic dish thinking I was doing low temp dabs. Sounds like I could be going much lower, I'm looking forward to trying.

I'm at 560f right now on the controller, with purely flower, and the vapor is finally starting to lose just a little density. With a nearly full bowl, the taste is quite amazing tho.

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Alexis

Justpassedu

Tell me about it! It's been a bit of a learning curve for me, too.

I did a bit of research and found what I believe to be the Chinese manufacturer / distributor of the controller / coil bundle used by NV:
As you can see, whilst the controller appears to accept 120-240V input the coils are only rated for 120V.

Unless anyone can recommend another quality controller / coil bundle in the same price range as the Auber I think we may have a winner!
I don't believe those are the Controllers Nv is using , i am pretty sure for there basic box like you had listed the stock comes from a company called Vapecode as i had got the gold one and it had a vapecode manual with it. Also the Nv boxes are a bit more fancy than the one you had listed.
eUAAdxj.jpg

goodpunk6

I don't believe those are the Controllers Nv is using , i am pretty sure for there basic box like you had listed the stock comes from a company called Vapecode as i had got the gold one and it had a vapecode manual with it. Also the Nv boxes are a bit more fancy than the one you had listed.
eUAAdxj.jpg

you have the most excellent setup. I'm gonna have to cave and get the case/stand.

wibbleplonk

Ah, right you are. There's so many similar looking controllers on the market it's difficult to tell them all apart. I modified my post so as not to lead anyone astray.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
regarding the 240V coils and controls.
I've been reluctant to sell what I can't test or support. I'm in Florida there's no 240v here only 110v.
The international shipping to replace one bad coil or controller is more than any initial profit.

However I realize the importance of offering our 240v customers a cost effective reliable solution that interfaces correctly with the flowerpot.

Here's what I'm proposing. I've asked my supplier to build a 240v bundle with a 5 wrap 20mm coil and mark the dhgate listing "newVape flowerpot approved". I will post the link as soon as I receive it.

Justpassedu

I've been reluctant to sell what I can't test or support. I'm in Florida there's no 240v here only 110v.
The international shipping to replace one bad coil or controller is more than any initial profit.

However I realize the importance of offering our 240v customers a cost effective reliable solution that interfaces correctly with the flowerpot.

Here's what I'm proposing. I've asked my supplier to build a 240v bundle with a 5 wrap 20mm coil and mark the dhgate listing "newVape flowerpot approved". I will post the link as soon as I receive it.
There ya go , ty NV , problem solved @wibbleplonk .

wibbleplonk

Great solution. Thanks for looking out for us 240Volters!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Thats great!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Andreaerdna the rev2 centerpost will come first (tomorrow). I expect the version that you've posted to be in testing by end of next week and listed on our site by the following week.
the 3 main enhancements of the rev2 centerpost are as follows.
1) centerpost wraps around the same current dishes. this should allow more efficient heat transfer between the coil and dish. Should also eliminate tightening the fragile quartz dish against the coil/spring. "I find my quartz dish comes loose and spins when I'm trying to clean it with a q-tip". I'm hoping to eliminate this problem.
2) centerpost has been modified to compensate for shorter 3-4 wrap 20mm coils.
3) Coil cover will be optional and should keep more heat inside allowing faster heat ups.
4) This upgraded wrap around centerpost, and coil cover will fit existing customers products.
special concessions will be made for customers that have already purchased 20mm center posts.
also expect the rev one 16mm parts to go on sale.
flowerpot_concept.jpg

Likes2vape

@Andreaerdna the rev2 centerpost will come first (tomorrow). I expect the version that you've posted to be in testing by end of next week and listed on our site by the following week.
1) centerpost wraps around the same current dishes. this should allow more efficient heat transfer between the coil and dish. Should also eliminate tightening the fragile quartz dish against the coil/spring. "I find my quartz dish comes loose and spins when I'm trying to clean it with a q-tip". I'm hoping to eliminate this problem.
3) Coil cover will be optional and should keep more heat inside allowing faster heat ups.
4) This upgraded wrap around centerpost, and coil cover will fit existing customers products.
special concessions will be made for customers that have already purchased 20mm center posts.
flowerpot_concept.jpg
Does this mean no more 16mm flowerpot??

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
flowerpot_concept.jpg

Damn! Upgrades already! Woohoo! :D

On it :D

Grifo

if you get the auber jsut keep in mind that it might not fit flush with the FP. I had to add a steel washer, others spread the coils. Im gonna wait for FP to make a TI washer.

anasrzi

Love the new stand @NewVape710 although the water pipe I'm using has a handy piece of glass to hold the flowerpot when not in use, been messing with my enail to see if it can hold it together thankfully it does.

Nice work sorting out the 240v international users think it's a smart move, your going to get more traction with regard orders because of this.

I'm really digging the rev2 concept you have posted up can't wait to see the real deal but will it only be for the 20mm coils? Doing away with the 16mm from this point on? That's a bummer for me as I've just brought a 16mm enail setup specifically for your flowerpot and I much prefer the recessed centre post option. Like the heater cover also should help keep the temps up better.

With regard the rev2 concept I'm assuming these will eventually be offered with a insert of SiC or sapphire (more longer term until you can sort the machining/manufacturing out?)

wibbleplonk

I put in my order last night. Will I get the rev2 centerpost?

TBH, I'm not sure whether to postpone my order entirely to await the new version in the picture. Is it a big upgrade on the current model? Will it still be compatible with the D-Nail SiC Halo dish?

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
flowerpot_concept.jpg

Will this new upper dish wrap around from the center post still fit the D-Nail Sic Halo dish? I'm not a fan of quarts or Ti dabbinz at all.:disgust: Or are these updated items going to be added to your site in addition to the already available parts?

I'm loving all of the new additions. It's so nice to look at! I literally salivate and check your site daily. Shhh don't tell anyone! :o The speed at which you work is impressive. I'm glad that you love your job. It's very helpful for you and me. :haw: A happy man means motivated, motivated means more goodies for us! :tup:

I wanted to commend you on something that I love personally seeing. You take the involvement here in the thread as a manufacturer to another level. You not only are involved in the thread but regularly. Excellent! You post photos and share detailed blue prints and information for all of the geeks and freaks. Stellar! Lastly your direct engagement with other members is highly appreciated. Very respectable! Keep up that lovely, fine detailed work and cheers! :cheers: Now get back to making more of that >I've got buy it now gear<. :brow:

Does this mean no more 16mm flowerpot??

The 16mm Flower Center Post will still be available. So no worries.

Damn! Upgrades already! Woohoo! :D

On it :D

I'm on your tail! Don't look back or I just might catch up! Because I am and I will. :freak::rockon:heheheh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom