Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

LabPong

I see....thanks. No need for a vrod for me then as I am totally set with 2 flowerpots now. I like my showerhead too much cause I can use the top and bottom of the head with diff size glass bowls. But the vrod seems like a pretty cool upgrade for those that want to do flower and dabs.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thought it was too good to be true. Ill be doing one piece at a time once i justify it to myself. My nano and banger do cover the bases just not quite as seriously as a twax would

Yeah, I've had recent access to concentrates (in an illegal state, so that could end at any time), which now justifies me drooling over it.

Putricio

I just picked up a Newvape nail with a SiC dish that they were advertising on clearance. Any idea what temp I should start out at with it? I’m looking for a balance of flavor and density. Thank you in advance.

Putricio,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I just picked up a Newvape nail with a SiC dish that they were advertising on clearance. Any idea what temp I should start out at with it? I’m looking for a balance of flavor and density. Thank you in advance.

Try 580F on your PID with a carb cap, go up or down from there depending on your preference.

Justpassedu

Those are not Flower Pots on the clearance section so temps will most likely be different. I'd say try 700F and work your way down though. Best of luck * or @psychonaut said .

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's been pointed out to me a couple of times that the PID temps vary a bit depending on what controller you're using, so if you have access to a thermocouple you can measure the dish temps. 460-480F are pretty sweet for vapor production and flavor, you can get the more subtle flavors even lower but I wasn't fond of the level of medication.

Justpassedu

It's been pointed out to me a couple of times that the PID temps vary a bit depending on what controller you're using, so if you have access to a thermocouple you can measure the dish temps. 460-480F are pretty sweet for vapor production and flavor, you can get the more subtle flavors even lower but I wasn't fond of the level of medication.
Keep in mind he is not using the Flowerpot so temps will most likely be different. At 460-480F with concentrates though he wont be getting much vapor production at all even using a carb cap wich I feel is a must for concentrates. Most likely will be allot pooling at that temp. That is way to low even using the Sic dish. That's why I like to say start at 700F and work your way down until the user finds a sweet spot , usually below 600F the flavor prevails.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Vitolo

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
480F dish temps are plenty to vaporize concentrates, perhaps you were thinking I was referring to PID temps?

The reason I even mentioned the dish temps is because controllers seem to vary as has been pointed out, but I think the SiC dish, if you have it at 480F, you are golden, go up or down from there. Again dish temp.

Justpassedu

480F dish temps are plenty to vaporize concentrates, perhaps you were thinking I was referring to PID temps?

The reason I even mentioned the dish temps is because controllers seem to vary as has been pointed out, but I think the SiC dish, if you have it at 480F, you are golden, go up or down from there. Again dish temp.
My bad thought you were referring to PID temps , most don't have the equipment to measure dish temps accurately. So it would be better to give the guy a PID temp. I am with you though on controllers varying.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
My bad thought you were referring to PID temps , most don't have the equipment to measure dish temps accurately. So it would be better to give the guy a PID temp. I am with you though on controllers varying.

I did, but really felt it was worth elaborating as dish temps are actually what matters if you want repeatable bliss :2c:

Try 580F on your PID with a carb cap, go up or down from there depending on your preference.

FWIW, you can procure a cheap thermocouple for $7 if you dont already have a javelin type probe thermometer in your pantry.

Likes2vape

After using the Vrod for a few days now, I have a pretty good idea of its performance. It is an awesome vape 100% but if your primary focus is flower the showerhead is still king imo. If you dab even 10% of the time or if you have the wraparound head I think the vrod is a worthy upgrade. The vrod can run at a lower temp then either of the other heads and still get really good clouds from it.

I have noticed with the OG handle bowls that the edges of the bowl gets more roasted than the center does. This does not seem to happen with the glass bowl from Stevenlmz though. I can get them close to the same with some breath control or if I load a small load but generally the middle of the bowl is a little less roasted and requires stirring on the handle bowl. If you drop the temps below 600 and use a little bit of breath control you still get good clouds and it vapes more evenly.

If you use a carb cap for vaping flower you can get down really low. I have been down to 480 and still getting good clouds vaping flower. Pretty impressive!! I haven’t been lower but I’m going to drop it 10 degrees at a time until I’m not getting good vapor production. I don’t think it’ll be to much lower but we shall see. Dabbing at 480 is kinda weak unless you just want to taste it, you still get vapor though. I have found 520 to be about the lowest I want to go for dabs/twaxing.

I can kill a bowl of flower in 1-2 huge hits at 650 with the vrod and with the showerhead it took 3 hits and the abv was still lighter than what it was from the vrod. This was using the same coil and a handle bowl. The vrod is a little harsher/hotter than the showerhead at the same temps.

I like using the glass bowls from Stevenlmz with the vrod. I don’t think they transfer as much heat to the bowl and they just seem to work really well with it. I don’t have a problem with the edges getting more roasted than the center either.

Overall I’m super impressed with the vrod it is different than either one of the other heads and is another top tier vape worthy of being in anyone’s collection.

ParanoidAndroid998

After using the Vrod for a few days now, I have a pretty good idea of its performance. It is an awesome vape 100% but if your primary focus is flower the showerhead is still king imo. If you dab even 10% of the time or if you have the wraparound head I think the vrod is a worthy upgrade. The vrod can run at a lower temp then either of the other heads and still get really good clouds from it.

I have noticed with the OG handle bowls that the edges of the bowl gets more roasted than the center does. This does not seem to happen with the glass bowl from Stevenlmz though. I can get them close to the same with some breath control or if I load a small load but generally the middle of the bowl is a little less roasted and requires stirring on the handle bowl. If you drop the temps below 600 and use a little bit of breath control you still get good clouds and it vapes more evenly.

If you use a carb cap for vaping flower you can get down really low. I have been down to 480 and still getting good clouds vaping flower. Pretty impressive!! I haven’t been lower but I’m going to drop it 10 degrees at a time until I’m not getting good vapor production. I don’t think it’ll be to much lower but we shall see. Dabbing at 480 is kinda weak unless you just want to taste it, you still get vapor though. I have found 520 to be about the lowest I want to go for dabs/twaxing.

I can kill a bowl of flower in 1-2 huge hits at 650 with the vrod and with the showerhead it took 3 hits and the abv was still lighter than what it was from the vrod. This was using the same coil and a handle bowl. The vrod is a little harsher/hotter than the showerhead at the same temps.

I like using the glass bowls from Stevenlmz with the vrod. I don’t think they transfer as much heat to the bowl and they just seem to work really well with it. I don’t have a problem with the edges getting more roasted than the center either.

Overall I’m super impressed with the vrod it is different than either one of the other heads and is another top tier vape worthy of being in anyone’s collection.
Thanks for the detailed review. I don't use concentrates enough to justify upgrading to the VROD (and coil mod) but I wish I did cause it's sexy af.

Dubmonkey

Confirmed that the EZ Bake 20mm fits the VROD perfect and uses standard 5 pin xlr.

U97iu7f.jpg

MAbud

@Likes2vape awesome write up. I’m mainly flower, can you explain a little further why you prefer the SH over VROD for flowers? The lower temps seems to me to indicate a better seal and less air leakage. Thanks!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Confirmed that the EZ Bake 20mm fits the VROD perfect and uses standard 5 pin xlr.

U97iu7f.jpg
When I first saw this, I thought I should then not bother making adapter cables, but then I checked the price ... @ $99 for the EZ Bake coil, it's more than my adapter and the NV coil together ... so the adapter might still be preferable for some, as one can then replace their coil for $35 vs. $99.

xlr8shun

I have also noticed w the vrod, that while the center does get roasted, the edges seem to get roasted a bit more.

A stir fixes it right up, no big deal. I never noticed this w the showerhead though.

I also notice that the vrod has a tendency to want to stick on the heating post (have SS post). The showerhead I only remember it trying to stick once, the vrod I can about guarantee it will stick each time it gets turned on.

That's about my only complaints though, nit-picking really.

Love everything else about it

LabPong

I am wondering about the battery and cage NewVape just came out with.

I do not understand the requirements for it to work. Basically, is the newer PID that NewVape sells different than the one I purchased back in Dec. 2017?

What other controllers will work with this battery? Auber RDK300?

LabPong,
Reactions: graydeh1

Likes2vape

I am wondering about the battery and cage NewVape just came out with.

I do not understand the requirements for it to work. Basically, is the newer PID that NewVape sells different than the one I purchased back in Dec. 2017?

What other controllers will work with this battery? Auber RDK300?
It’s not the pid that is different but the wattage of the coil that is different. The new coils are 100w coils and the old ones were a higher wattage. Basically the battery can handle up to 100w it not anything more than that.

@MAbud i just find no stirring required with the showerhead and a super even roast of the hens. The vrod doesn’t roast the herb as evenly as the showerhead. It still does a damn good job but the showerhead is just a tad better at flower only.

Edit: @xlr8shun I also find the vrod sticks on the post more than the showerhead or wraparound head.

Last edited:

Dubmonkey

Check if one or a few of your 19 holes is blocked. I am getting nice even no light color edges.

VROD worked great last night. My small pet peeve is that the handle is heavy so the VROD will tilt slightly on the bowl about a mm on the opposite side of the handle.

Got the ez bake coil cheaper than the $99 price but that was a special reason (mix up on order so one time discount for mix up). But I can see $99 coil being expensive but it is a buy and use solution. Shipping was free by the way from EZ Bake on the two orders I did. And ordered the 20mm EZB Coil by itself and shipping was free.

Anyway back to VROD.

I love the VROD because it packages everything (WA and SH) into one neat package. Thinking of putting my SH up for sale and it’s 20mm coil. I can see it is nice to have a back up but it is also just going to sit in my box.

I also find the VROD sticks consistently with the SS post.

LabPong

The Showerhead used to leave the very edges of the bowl just a hair lighter than the rest of the load so it sounds like the VROD is pretty spot on.

Got it....

The Auber 20mm coil i got for my RDK-300 should be fine then? Their website lists the specs as:

" 20.0 mm Coil Heater
Power rating: 120V or 220V 100 Watt.
Coil size: 20.0 mm ID, 12.7 mm width.
Cable length: 55 in. with braided Kevlar sleeve.
Temperature range: 200 to 1000°F. "

Last edited:
LabPong,
Reactions: JCat

MAbud

Got it....

The Auber 20mm coil i got for my RDK-300 should be fine then? Their website lists the specs as:

" 20.0 mm Coil Heater
Power rating: 120V or 220V 100 Watt.
Coil size: 20.0 mm ID, 12.7 mm width.
Cable length: 55 in. with braided Kevlar sleeve.
Temperature range: 200 to 1000°F. "

This has already been covered. Auber coil is 12.7mm and VROB need like 17.7. Auber coil won’t work

MAbud,

LabPong

This has already been covered. Auber coil is 12.7mm and VROB need like 17.7. Auber coil won’t work

I currently have an RDK300 with an Auber 20mm coil and showerhead setup. I would like to use that with the battery pack. No vrods needed for me.

LabPong,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom