Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

disGRUNTled

Jet Fuel live resin , drinking a Wooden Robot Brewery Generously Hopped V 2 IPA.Watching WWE Great Balls Of Fire.
lcF8WXn.jpg

GmYlcvq.jpg

YBZioG5.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Why use the newVape FlowerPot?
  1. For Flower the Flowerpot = Bong Rip Without Combustion for Amazing Flavor
  2. For Dabs the Flowerpot = Hits like any other Enail with a similar dish and coil size
  3. For Dabs & Flower @ the Same Time the Flowerpot = "Get Twaxed" a new level of highness
  4. No Flame
  5. Fun to Own by utilizing the industry standard 14 or 18mm glass joints the Flowerpot allows endless possibilities within the world of blown glass.
  6. One setup on your bench for vaping and dabing

subway13029

I'm so ready I just can't figure out these coils as I have the 5 pin but dhgate says there are separate layouts for same one..don't wanna buy both just to see..

subway13029,
Reactions: grokit

dnice2532

too medicated :science:and don't really want to read or write right now but i would like to thank newvape and edwyin pyron. wow this thing hits so hard with the lolicap, i thought it was combusting and man it taste soooo good. love the unbiased honest opinions on vapes in this forum, especially info i received from visiblvaped and jusspassedu...still tinkering with the temps(700 and up better for me)...loved the evo thought i had the best thing but this forum kept catching my attention. any evo users on the fence and I'm not bashing the evo but this beats it easily in Flavor, Potency and Efficiency.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I notice some like and some don't like using the LolliCap.
For me it is an absolute necessary tool for the FP.
I set my controller at 696F and using the EQ basket that is 1/3rd full, i cap from the start.
Timing of your inhale is important because you can do this in one inhale, a very full set of lungs!

I can also do this sans LolliCap at much higher temps but found the taste was not nearly as good.
At this temp i can also do small dabs and flower together for amazing vapor!

My favorite so far is to dab 96% flavorless distillate with some high THC Watermelon!
Flavor is intense, effects are immediate and a good, restful sleep is ensured!

I am really happy with my FP! :love:

PS - thank you whoever invented spell check!

VisiblyVaped

Why use the newVape FlowerPot?
  1. For Flower the Flowerpot = Bong Rip Without Combustion for Amazing Flavor
  2. For Dabs the Flowerpot = Hits like any other Enail with a similar dish and coil size
  3. For Dabs & Flower @ the Same Time the Flowerpot = "Get Twaxed" a new level of highness
  4. No Flame
  5. Fun to Own by utilizing the industry standard 14 or 18mm glass joints the Flowerpot allows endless possibilities within the world of blown glass.
  6. One setup on your bench for vaping and dabing

Ya know, generally I don't like "why use this product" bylines as most of them are a bit exaggerated if not completely full of sh*t......

But this is honest. The flowerpot does do exactly that. Kudos sir.

too medicated :science:and don't really want to read or write right now but i would like to thank newvape and edwyin pyron. wow this thing hits so hard with the lolicap, i thought it was combusting and man it taste soooo good. love the unbiased honest opinions on vapes in this forum, especially info i received from visiblvaped and jusspassedu...still tinkering with the temps(700 and up better for me)...loved the evo thought i had the best thing but this forum kept catching my attention. any evo users on the fence and I'm not bashing the evo but this beats it easily in Flavor, Potency and Efficiency.

Glad to help man. This is my go-to desktop and I don't see the need for another device. The evo looks awesome, yea, but double deckers for the win.

I set my controller at 696F and using the EQ basket that is 1/3rd full, i cap from the start.
Timing of your inhale is important because you can do this in one inhale, a very full set of lungs!

I can also do this sans LolliCap at much higher temps but found the taste was not nearly as good.

My favorite so far is to dab 96% flavorless distillate with some high THC Watermelon!

I'm with you. Love the FP but much of my adoration is due to my use of the lollicap consistently.

Zow237

When I use the cap I use it at 610 and everything comes out brown as fuck! On one pull too. It has to be my draw and wt that makes it much different than your results ;) love the fp. It def extracts faster than my herborizer does even at lower temps

Likes2vape

I love my flowerpot. I busted out the EVO the other night just because but after using the flowerpot for a few weeks the EVO seemed pretty tame in comparison. I put it away after a couple Elbs and loaded up a double decker in the flowerpot. After the dd I was good. I agree the carb cap is a must for me as well but some of my buddies enjoy it without the carb cap.

Justpassedu

I'm so ready I just can't figure out these coils as I have the 5 pin but dhgate says there are separate layouts for same one..don't wanna buy both just to see..
Not sure what enail you have but most with a 5 pin layout will require these specs : The 5 pin connection needs to be wired to the 'D-Nail Standard' (Pins 1 & 2 = AC Power, Pin 3 = TC +, Pin 4 = TC -, Pin 5 = Ground). , those are the specs of my 16mm and 20mm coil , both worked with my Chinese enail and hex nail setup .

Joaon

It seems that my coil/controler I bought on Ebay from Germany (chinese company..) is buggy :hmm:
First, it had made my main electricity breaker to go down :ninja:
Then all was miraculously going pretty good, honey moon with FlowerPot ! :luv:
Yesterday, the controler went crazy, jumping temperatures, sometimes dont seeing the coil..

I think a wire broke on the coil/cable junction

Did that already happened to anybody of you??

FlowerPot is now down, until I receive a new coil (07/24 - 08/23.. ) :\

Kindda regret to have jumped on the chinese Enail train, as Auber/Dnail/whatever should be better quality..

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well, I guess I'm gonna start taking this seriously as a purchase. Heres the first of hopefully very few questions... :)

There is such a minimal price difference between the cheaper Auber controller and the one that New Vape sell for use with the FP.

Is there any benefit to choosing one controller over the other?

Baron23

Kindda regret to have jumped on the chinese Enail train, as Auber/Dnail/whatever should be better quality..

I went the cheap Chinese controller route at first also. Greenlight G9 from DHGate. It was an utter POS. I mean, it wasn't BUILT right from the start. It has the correct Omron PID controller but had NO external solid state relay....none, and this model of Omron is specifically built for that and one reason I bought the unit.

The Omron wasn't wired correctly (I mean, wrong wire to wrong pins) and I can't hardly understand how it worked at all (it did work, just with huge temp excursions). The Omron PID has screw terminals...these idiots soldered the wire to the freaking screws.

A good friend of mine and a champ of a human being, @mutten840 , helped me out and rebuilt it correctly for me. I have it as a stand by and I bought an Auger 300.

Is there any benefit to choosing one controller over the other?

I REALLY like New Vape and Edwyn....but he owns a machine shop, not an electronics design firm. Auber, on the other hand, is an industrial instrument company located in Georgia. I liked that they were a true commercial instrument company and I liked that I could call them for engineering support on the unit.

But probably the biggest for me was this from New Vape site:
This coil only works with NewVape Digital Enail Controllers. There are many different connectors, and pin configurations used throughout the industry.

This is one area where I disagree with Edwyn's approach. Specifically, he should just publish the pin outs of his controller/coils and let people decide. What he is doing now looks too much like trying to lock people in to buying his coils and controller. Chances are good that its the industry standard pin out of 1 & 2 = AC power, 3 & 4 = thermocouple +/-, 5 = ground. This is used by D-nail and just about every Hot Runner Chines coil out there. But he isn't saying that....he isn't saying what his pin-outs actually are.

Auber, on the other hand, publish actual tech data like an actual tech company including the pin outs of their controller/coils and they do indeed match the defacto standard I showed above.

Just my view, I'm sure you will be fine either way.

Justpassedu

It seems that my coil/controler that I bought on Ebay from Germany (chinese company..) is buggy :hmm:
Yesterday, the controler went crazy, jumping temperatures, sometimes dont seeing the coil..

That is why it is always best to invest in something that would make it easy to get any warranty work done. Sorry you have to go through this. I personally never had a problem like that. I started with a China Enail though and while i did not have any problems if i had to do it over again i'd take my own advice. Hope you get it sorted quickly. Oh wait i did do it over again and went with a Hex-Nail , probably overkill but its cool.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
What he is doing now looks too much like trying to lock people in to buying his coils and controller.

Thanks for the info. That definitely holds sway with me. If one part breaks, I like to have options, not being locked into only being able to use so and so's leads/controllers etc. Thats a shame as there are definite shipping benefits to buying all from one source.

Anyway, thats the kinda info I need. Thanks!

So, controller and coil from Auber, everything else from NewVape it is!

Zow237

It seems that my coil/controler I bought on Ebay from Germany (chinese company..) is buggy :hmm:

I have an auber and it's held up great!

Justpassedu

I went the cheap Chinese controller route at first also. Greenlight G9 from DHGate. It was an utter POS. I mean, it wasn't BUILT right from the start. It has the correct Omron PID controller but had NO external solid state relay....none, and this model of Omron is specifically built for that and one reason I bought the unit.

The Omron wasn't wired correctly (I mean, wrong wire to wrong pins) and I can't hardly understand how it worked at all (it did work, just with huge temp excursions). The Omron PID has screw terminals...these idiots soldered the wire to the freaking screws.

A good friend of mine and a champ of a human being, @mutten840 , helped me out and rebuilt it correctly for me. I have it as a stand by and I bought an Auger 300.

I REALLY like New Vape and Edwyn....but he owns a machine shop, not an electronics design firm. Auber, on the other hand, is an industrial instrument company located in Georgia. I liked that they were a true commercial instrument company and I liked that I could call them for engineering support on the unit.

But probably the biggest for me was this from New Vape site:

This is one area where I disagree with Edwyn's approach. Specifically, he should just publish the pin outs of his controller/coils and let people decide. What he is doing now looks too much like trying to lock people in to buying his coils and controller. Chances are good that its the industry standard pin out of 1 & 2 = AC power, 3 & 4 = thermocouple +/-, 5 = ground. This is used by D-nail and just about every Hot Runner Chines coil out there. But he isn't saying that....he isn't saying what his pin-outs actually are.

Auber, on the other hand, publish actual tech data like an actual tech company including the pin outs of their controller/coils and they do indeed match the defacto standard I showed above.

Just my view, I'm sure you will be fine either way.
I don't think NewVape is trying to lock people in to buying there controller and Nail. More so like you said its more of a machine shop rather than a electronics firm. They make there money mostly on what they design and machine. I think he is just trying to give the option for people to grab a Enail all at once and make it easy since they offer nails and goods they machine that will work with it. Plus i also think the price on the Enails being offered is more than fair. I am sure if we asked the pin layout it would be provided. Please take no offense , just my thoughts . I think you meant the Auber 300 & i also think that is a great Enail.

grokit

well-worn member
I've got two dhgate controller/coil setups and they are interchangeable. I tried to match the one I ordered a couple of years ago but I received a box with different color led, and a different colored metal & kevlar coil than the one I had. No matter, it works fine with the older stuff. I think newvape's options are worth looking at because they aren't marked up much and they offer a warranty. My next move might be to grab a double controller box, and try my frankenflowerpot setup with a 16mm barrel coil. But it'll probably be a while.

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Baron23

I don't think NewVape is trying to lock people in to buying there controller and Nail. More so like you said its more of a machine shop rather than a electronics firm. They make there money mostly on what they design and machine. I think he is just trying to give the option for people to grab a Enail all at once and make it easy since they offer nails and goods they machine that will work with it. Plus i also think the price on the Enails being offered is more than fair. I am sure if we asked the pin layout it would be provided. Please take no offense , just my thoughts . I think you meant the Auber 300 & i also think that is a great Enail.
HI - I did indeed mean the Auber...why, did I misspell it somewhere.

So, all we have speculation, but if Edwyn wanted to post the pin outs of his controller and coils (and he has been asked about this) then I feel that he would have done so instead of providing the vaguely threatening statement that would drive most ordinary folks to buy from him as an exclusive source rather than either taking the risk to their equipment of wrong pin outs or the hassle of getting a multimeter and ringing it out.

I'm sure he sells a decent controller and coil and it is indeed a good price. That's not my point....either publish your interface data or I buy elsewhere. End of story for me personally.

By the by, HighFive pulls this same shit off with the below comment and no pin out data:

"Our coils are solely meant to be used with HIGH5 Enails. NEVER use HIGH5 coils with enails from other brands doing so can cause a potentially dangerous situation due to different wiring and will void the warranty, NEVER use coils from other brands with HIGH5 enails either."

Which is EXACTLY why I don't buy anything from them.

There is absolutely no excuse for not publishing pin outs except to try to capture your customers as an exclusive market. Publishing the interface spec would in absolutely no way undermine their ability to continue to offer a full package as a convenience to their customers, which you alluded to.

Just my opinion but we all have the right to spend our own money as we wish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom