Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

disGRUNTled

My thoughts on the Flowerpot , it's efficiency and flavor...
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Also so glad I found this thread, was mostly on the portable vape side.Honestly though I was like 1 of 3 or 4 people that owned one, until I saw this thread at the top of the plug ins page clicked on it and was like oh damn ....

Zow237

My thoughts on the Flowerpot , it's efficiency and flavor...
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Also so glad I found this thread, was mostly on the portable vape side.Honestly though I was like 1 of 3 or 4 people that owned one, until I saw this thread at the top of the plug ins page clicked on it and was like oh damn ....

What's your favorite temp with herbs bud?

VisiblyVaped

NEWVAPE TWAX FLOWERPOT FULL REVIEW -

All opinions are solely mine, and not to be taken as fact. The review is based on my experience with the FP over the last 4.5 days. I'm in no way affiliated with this or any other company, and I paid full price for this, the same as the lot of you.

My tools:
bxdbBc9.jpg

YhAN2NC.jpg

My set up-
0qVl0rO.jpg

I'm basing this review off cost, ease of use, effectiveness, and my overall feelings on it.

Background - Smoker for the last 15 years, was using it recreationally while preaching the flowers medical powers before there was any legality or real research (early 00's in HS).
I have access to a variety of strains and concentrates as I did get a card for my states medical program about 4 months ago.

I'm not new to vaporization but I'm a recent returnee. I've owned a Volcano, Arizer Extreme Q, Da Buddah, MFLB, Arizer Solo, Arizer Air, Pinnacle Pro, and various Chinese rebrands.

The only unit I was happy with was the EQ a few years ago, but for some reason I always returned to smoking. It was my recent concentrate comsumption and the soon-coming birth of my first child to make me want to get back into vaporizing and really quit smoking.
That being said, I was weary of EVERYTHING because besides dabs and vape cartridges, I could never really achieve the clouds I wanted to, and I'm a cloud chaser. I grew up in the era of bong rips and glass galore, cross joints and half oz Philly Titans, so I like my sh*t to rip. Excuse the language, but I don't f*ck with that "just cause you can't see the vapor doesn't mean it's not effective and cool" mentality. To each their own, but like I said......rips.

That was a huge factor and HUGE (misguided) concern and worry I had going into this.

Now, without further adeu, review time!

Cost - 8/10
I was originally going to go 7, but then I realized that the most I'll ever have to pay to replace anything and keep it going strong is $100. That's for the Enail and coil. I opted to go with Auberins, It's a little cheaper and they have a good name. Not to mention, when looking at pics of the ones sold by NV, they're manufactured by Vapecode and I already have the exact same one minus their logo.
Most enails come with a year warranty but will last much longer. So you figure every few years you'll have to drop the money on one of those and maybe a replacement dish for ten bucks (if you got SiC or Quartz like I did) but everything else is titanium. Straight up. You would have to put in legit effort to break this vape.

The ONLY essential accessory you need is the lollicap. You could try to use a carb cap you have lying around, or a silicone dab lid, etc..... but this is engineered ingeniously for the flowerpot and is only 25 bucks.
I do recommend getting a stand of some sort. I would have loved to get theirs but couldn't afford it with the baby coming, so I went to Home Depot and got a soldering iron stand for 5.39 that works perfectly! Still, if someone has an extra one they wanna send me as a present I'll take it graciously :lol::lol::cool::brow:

Ease of Use - 9/10
If you buy everything seperately like I did, in order to use a 20mm coil, it's a slight inconvenience putting everything together the right way without over tightening, yada yada. I'm not super talented at that sh*t, and it still only took me a min and a reminder picture to figure it out.

Within minutes of having my rig set up and my enail heated, I was getting massive clouds. Literally on the first hit. I started at 650, went up, went back down, and I'm currently at 680. I normally do a bowl of flower with one or two dabs, for the "double decker hits".
That was honest to god one of the main reasons I bought this, and it did not disappoint.
The only reasons I did not rate it a full 10 are because the Lollicap gets a little too hot and it takes some playing around to get a comfortable timing/temperature technique down. Also, anything that has a few parts and pieces to pull out/set up, and a wait time, is going to be more of a MINOR hassle. I'm writing this as honest as I can be and I have to cater to my lazy stoner audience, but it's truly not a big deal.

Effectiveness - 11/10
Off the charts. I've never been more impressed with a desktop vape before. The ingenuity of it all amazes me, and the clouds. Oh the clouds. It's so lovely how fast you can get it to feel like an old school bong rip from a 3 footer.
You can play with temps too, for denser clouds, which also then determines whether your bowl lasts 7-8 hits (half to 3/4 packed) or it's cashed out in 2.
Some of you may be wondering about combustion if it's giving clouds like that........
Well, take a look
quuLkUt.jpg

That's a bad pic, but it's still clear that it's pretty evenly browned. That's the same lime green bud from an earlier picture. No combustion, truly great vapor. True convection (unless you're like me and sometimes leave the head on too long). There's nothing more you can ask for.

Overall - 9.5/10

Some may complain about the cost, or the need for an enail, or the fact that you need a large base rig for stability, or the weather, or the recent NBA draft, or politics.
Frankly, there's always some people who will ALWAYS b*tch about something. You provide an almost perfect design, they'll ridicule you for not being 100000% perfect.
Those are the people who will have complaints.

I nitpicked, I was honest about my cloud chasing ways and what I was after, and I tried to find and address every complaint within reason that could be made about the Flowerpot. I tried to review it in a way that was not impacted by my discovery of a device that can make me say, in my everyday life, F*ck Combustion.

I think I did ok with not being too over enthusiastic.....but really, if there is anyone on the fence, isn't the fact that this device is powerful enough to convert a combuster evidence enough?

Huge thanks to @Zow237 and @Justpassedu and @vaporist4LIFE and @disGRUNTled and whoever else posted convincing sh*t in word or picture form, and @NewVape710 for designing this f*ckin beast.

VisiblyVaped out (mic drop):sherlock::sherlock::science::rockon::leaf:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Effectiveness - 11/10
Off the charts.
This is what I'm after lol. I can't fucking wait to do cbd dabs over some heavy indica flower. Mine's departed florida but I also have to wait for my 20mm coil/backup pid to arrive from china. They have departed as well. I have to say that if I was buying a setup for the first time that newvape's electronics are priced well. The only reason I got mine from dhgate is to try and ensure compatibility with what I already have.

:whip:
Hurryup!

:popcorn:

VisiblyVaped

This is what I'm after lol. I can't fucking wait to do cbd dabs over some heavy indica flower. Mine's departed florida but I also have to wait for my 20mm coil/backup pid to arrive from china. They have departed as well. I have to say that if I was buying a setup for the first time that newvape's electronics are priced well. The only reason I got mine from dhgate is to try and ensure compatibility with what I already have.

:whip:
Hurryup!

:popcorn:

Their electronics are fine. I have the exact one, I just personally feel that Auberins has a slight edge in that one department. Either way you'll be happy

Joaon

Okay buddies, so it was planned today to receive the FlowerPot from NewVape, and the Enail from another part.
The Enail showed up alone, thanks to Customs I believe ..

Anyway, I ended up playing with the controller and then I looked at the 10/14/18 adapter portion of the Enail, and directly throwed a screen on :brow:

5uuEQdy.jpg

Coil set to 420°C :cool:(788°F), a pinch of my daily common herb
Carb on top, Instant Milk :ninja: :science::rockon:
giphy.gif

Golden and even ABV ->
MLeRjmZ.jpg

SBZLrgK.jpg

Can't wait to receive the FlowerPot (Tomorrow, with hope !) :luv:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Lamb's bread, Swamp Head Big Nose IPA.
I am a low temp guy and always use glass, all my portables are used at 335-345. On the FP I am happy with anywhere from 550-680
1970's we surfed the east side of Da Islands during KONA winds.
Military (MP's) gave us double salutes because we had a Admiral sticker on the bumper of our pick-up truck.

The waves were perfect and SHARKY.
We called it GRUNT TRAINING (sand was soft)
F19's or some kine air craft flying over us on the way to go surfing. We only smoked 3 joints before so we were light weight's! Smoke HONEY OIL on TIN FOIL and a stick match from a box.

FLOWER POT sounds very MODERNIZED.
We did have ZIG ZAGS at the time.
BonG's were not in fashion!

We were HIPPIE's that were lucky!

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
This vape looks great for people who are single. Looks very cool and powerful, but I don't think the miss would let me have it in the living room. lol Dab coils freak me out! I've burned myself accidentally touching the inside of a log vape, I can't imagine the damage I could do dropping a coil on my lap. (Dropped a hot vapcap on the couch recently and even that could not compare to the damage I could do with this vape)

grokit

well-worn member
This vape looks great for people who are single. Looks very cool and powerful, but I don't think the miss would let me have it in the living room. lol Dab coils freak me out! I've burned myself accidentally touching the inside of a log vape, I can't imagine the damage I could do dropping a coil on my lap. (Dropped a hot vapcap on the couch recently and even that could not compare to the damage I could do with this vape)
Let her see you firing up a plumber's torch first, as you 'learn how to dab authentically'.

After that an electric coil looks pretty tame :tup:

:science:

Justpassedu

Oh it is very cool and powerful , i'm guessing your not quite the handy man around the house , some of my tools make this look like a child's toy. Heck even my soldering station is more dangerous than this. It's really not all that dangerous but with anything some care has to be taken into account. Newvape takes some of the danger away with a stand to hold your coil and a arm to attach near the coil .

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh it is very cool and powerful , i'm guessing your not quite the handy man around the house , some of my tools make this look like a child's toy. Heck even my soldering station is more dangerous than this. It's really not all that dangerous but with anything some care has to be taken into account. Newvape takes some of the danger away with a stand to hold your coil and a arm to attach near the coil .
You use the word "TAME" is that like "CIVILIZED"?

I might order one today according to your list.

Does it have FLAVOR with FLOWERS?
ROSIN is not as hard to achieve.

Justpassedu

You use the word "TAME" is that like "CIVILIZED"?

I might order one today according to your list.

Does it have FLAVOR with FLOWERS?
ROSIN is not as hard to achieve.
Only when i Tame Lions is it Civilized . It has lot's of flavor with flowers , you can go low temp and get all the flavor , same for concentrates as well , low temp and you taste it the way it was meant to be tasted. I have made some Rosin using my ladies straightening iron , to much work , now i just purchase when i can. I have no room for a serious press plus i have no funds at the moment. You will be very happy , pm me if you need any assistance my friend.

dnice2532

thanks to @Justpassedu i just ordered.......(helix beaker bong on the way)

Items Ordered
Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
FlowerPot Quartz 16mm Combo (3010) 3010 $65.00
  • Ordered1
$65.00
FlowerPot 14mm Male Body with Handle (3038) 3038 $40.00
  • Ordered1
$40.00
Single Enail Controller (9089) 9089 $85.00
  • Ordered1
$85.00
16mm Enail Coil (9102) 9102 $35.00
  • Ordered1
$35.00
FlowerPot Enail Handle (2943) 2943 $45.00
  • Ordered1
$45.00
FlowerPot Tray Base & Lid (2934) 2934 $85.00
  • Ordered1
$85.00
LolliCap Carb Cap (2854) 2854 $25.00

Justpassedu

thanks to @Justpassedu i just ordered.......(helix beaker bong on the way)

Items Ordered
Product Name SKU Price Qty Subtotal
FlowerPot Quartz 16mm Combo (3010) 3010 $65.00
  • Ordered1
$65.00
FlowerPot 14mm Male Body with Handle (3038) 3038 $40.00
  • Ordered1
$40.00
Single Enail Controller (9089) 9089 $85.00
  • Ordered1
$85.00
16mm Enail Coil (9102) 9102 $35.00
  • Ordered1
$35.00
FlowerPot Enail Handle (2943) 2943 $45.00
  • Ordered1
$45.00
FlowerPot Tray Base & Lid (2934) 2934 $85.00
  • Ordered1
$85.00
LolliCap Carb Cap (2854) 2854 $25.00
You should be all set now buddy , glad i can help and please come back with any questions , pic's & thoughts you may have . I am excited for you to try this beast out. Best of luck.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Taste alone, how does this compare with the evo for flowers.....???

I think I will buy this, but not until someone in UK stocks it....
Tax, duty, and shipping make this unavailable for me right now...

I don't mind paying for shit...
But I'm not just giving it to them bastatds for nothing.....

Justpassedu

Taste alone, how does this compare with the evo for flowers.....???

I think I will buy this, but not until someone in UK stocks it....
Tax, duty, and shipping make this unavailable for me right now...

I don't mind paying for shit...
But I'm not just giving it to them bastatds for nothing.....
It has the edge on taste compared to the Evo , being able to dial in a exact temp helps allot. Low temp flavor is so pure when using a water piece with not a ton of diffusion. I am unsure if they will be stocked in the UK but i do know they can be shipped with a very fair shipping price. When it comes to duty fee's that cannot be helped. Really sucks , i'm sorry.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
You're right, I'm not the handy man. I'm the artist. Lol I do have a wood burning tool but I rarely use it. If I had this puppy I would want to run it all the time. Maybe in a couple years when I relocate to Cali and can actually get concentrates. Double decker is what it's all about.

Yeah I'm not ever buying a plumber torch.

Top Bottom