Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Square4Life

I don't heat my ISO at all (for a reason) and my method is pretty much effortless for me, plus I get goodies!

I fill the piece with ISO completely full and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Pour half of the alcohol back into bottle and shake and agitate for about 15 seconds and pour the remaining alcohol back into the bottle for next time. Rinse about three times with distilled and fill with distilled water.

Save this piece cleaning ISO and when it is nice and brown this will make some great QWISO. Simply add a cap of distilled water to the alcohol containing the goodies and pour mixture into a large casserole pan and find a place where you can forget about it for a few days until everything has evaporated and you have some delicious concentrate for your Flower Pot.

Heating your QWISO solution will impart an alcohol taste to your final QWISO results so keep heat away for a completely alcohol free taste.

Flower reclaim ready and waiting! Yum!

flower_reclaim.jpg

:p
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the evaporated concentrate, would you? Just curious how it looks/compares to the golden globs floating around in the piece. I assume this is good to keep as well?

Square4Life,

btka

Currently nothing from glass piece reclaim (it's still in the ISO jar) but the final product is a dark amber.

What I have now is a little QWISO from some shakey scruff which is very dark and similar to the consistency of shatter. A 30 second ISO shake (maybe 20 seconds would have been fine - don't be greedy) with everything frozen is all it takes to make some pretty nice QWISO. It took me some time messing around when I was complaining to this fellow stoner hippie that every time I tried to make QWISO it always had a slight alcohol taste. He asked me if I used heat to help evaporation and I was using a heating pad. Since I took away the heat it has been very good nice floral flavor that I would not be ashamed to share with a friend. QWISO can make some fine concentrate. Of course I really am not worried about percentage of extraction I am getting. All I am completely concerned about is the end product, so in ways to some 'extraction experts' this may be a wasteful method weight wise, but for those that just want a little sticky stuff...

If you are like me, a person who only likes concentrates for an occasional treat then QWISO is a easy and effective way. If my main game were concentrates I would buy a rosin press from Edwyn.

:2c:

I scrape it from my glass no iso needed...

btka,
Reactions: steama

Ech0_

Currently nothing from glass piece reclaim (it's still in the ISO jar) but the final product is a dark amber.

What I have now is a little QWISO from some shakey scruff which is very dark and similar to the consistency of shatter. A 30 second ISO shake (maybe 20 seconds would have been fine - don't be greedy) with everything frozen is all it takes to make some pretty nice QWISO. It took me some time messing around when I was complaining to this fellow stoner hippie that every time I tried to make QWISO it always had a slight alcohol taste. He asked me if I used heat to help evaporation and I was using a heating pad. Since I took away the heat it has been very good nice floral flavor that I would not be ashamed to share with a friend. QWISO can make some fine concentrate. Of course I really am not worried about percentage of extraction I am getting. All I am completely concerned about is the end product, so in ways to some 'extraction experts' this may be a wasteful method weight wise, but for those that just want a little sticky stuff...

If you are like me, a person who only likes concentrates for an occasional treat then QWISO is a easy and effective way. If my main game were concentrates I would buy a rosin press from Edwyn.

:2c:

I was actually looking into using a method like this (QWISO) as I just picked up a FP w/ SH and wanted to explore trying out the occasional (3x a month ish) doubled up flower+dab hit at the end of the last night shift of my shift pattern to try and help keep my insomnia / sleeping pattern issues due to shift work in check.

However while browsing I came across this http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/slug-33-rosin-forge.25519/ if you haven't seen it yet? Seems like the perfect companion to a Flowerpot if your looking to occasionally do flower+dab doubled up hits but can't really get dabs yourself and can't afford a press.

Atleast, it may be a more cost effective way to improve yield / quality without spending a ton? I'm eagerly / regularly checking the thread to see if any of FC members who have a couple on way have offered their opinions on it yet, well, in between checking the tracking updates for when this FP will arrive :D

Danksta

It was another night without any dabs. A good FP session just does the trick so well it's hard to get the energy to fire up my banger or Liger. The last dab I did was on top of flower and was pretty nice.

The FP is allowing me to build a collection of extracts over time and I find I appreciate the dabs more.

The FP has been so beneficial to my life. :D

Doktor Dub

you are all selling the FP pretty good i have to say - guess it will be unpossible to resist :ninja:

So i have a funny question for you: Let s say i want / NEED a FP in my life and let s also assume the better half doesn t love paraphernalia too much on the table...

What would you think is the FP setup / waterpiece with the highest WAF (women acceptance factor)?
:science::lol:

Have a great day!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So i have a funny question for you: Let s say i want / NEED a FP in my life and let s also assume the better half doesn t love paraphernalia too much on the table...

What would you think is the FP setup / waterpiece with the highest WAF (women acceptance factor)?
:science::lol:

Have a great day!

I keep my FP controller and showerhead on the table, and my water pieces in the cabinet below to prevent too much stuff ending up on the table. The Flowerpot setup is really small for a desktop vape. I've also considered recessing the controller into my nightstand shelf for a real low profile vape station.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have my bowl with the screens it came with(brass I think). Never torched never had to clean in +- 1 month of heavy daily use. When I empty the bowl I blow the debris and it has never clogged. Maybe torching the screen increases the build-up?

jardri,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED

Keep in mind not only appearance but function. Does she have a normal draw rate, slow breather, etc. Is she a swimmer with huge lung capacity or overweight and doesn't exercise? Accommodating for these factors is hard I know, but is vital to the overall user experience!

Vapetologist,
Reactions: Danksta

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Doktor Dub Just some clarification please: Are we talking about making the FP more palatable for your lady's vaporization requirements as Vapologist surmised? Cause I interpreted your question as more to do with its presentation: FP & water piece's visual appeal and whether or not the required bits mess with her interior design/feng shui plan for the living room/common area/lounge. But I've been married too long and maybe my perception is skewed?!

For my wife, she doesn't partake and wouldn't be keen with any paraphernalia having a permanent place out for everyone to see. Even if it was legal here, I can't see her digging the NVFP messing up her room. :lol: I find it sexy, all that precision and clean lines. She would see it as a scientific device trespassing on her lounge! My point is: you know your partner & what she'll accept. Which is why:

I think the best solution to your predicament is a set-up like @Alexis has. I was stunned at the simplicity & utter brilliance of his idea. Everything tidy on a wooden tea tray, portable and easily stashed. Never would have occurred to me. He posted a picture of it when his kit arrived not long ago.

I'm going to make a small station in my small art studio, that can stay organised & can be closed or covered if needed. I'm ironing out the design requirements while saving for the NVFPSH. If you're handy and have tools, then modifying an existing end table as @invertedisdead says might be the ticket for you.

buckhakeesah

I'd like to get some consensus here. How many of you continually burn yourselves using this? Do you get better over time? Sounds like its inevitable with this style of extraction and equipment used. Feedback from early adopters would be great. Even with the coil cover, I'd imagine it still gets hot if you continually keep it on yes?

Easywider

Simple is the way
Mines on from the time I get up until I call it a day. I use it about 10 times a day on week days and maybe double on the weekends, burnt myself on time, about 3 days in reaching over the SH to grab a dab tool. Been smooth sailing since but i've only had it 6-7 weeks.

DrRishi

I'd like to get some consensus here. How many of you continually burn yourselves using this? Do you get better over time? Sounds like its inevitable with this style of extraction and equipment used. Feedback from early adopters would be great. Even with the coil cover, I'd imagine it still gets hot if you continually keep it on yes?
I had to laugh when I read this. I was just thinking yesterday how many time I burnt myself over the first few days (well weeks) using an ENail. It does get better, I haven't burnt myself in months!

The coil cover is very hot.

Danksta

Knock on wood I have not burned myself once with the FP or even my coil with no cover.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I'm a clumsy bastard and I think I've only ever had one small, slight burn in about 5 months of use, but I have a very literally OCD repetitious way of using the FP. Its always on the stand unless I'm inhaling.

Like others, its always on if I'm at home and awake. Surprised at how I havent burnt myself yet tbh.

Coil cover is not for your protection btw, its just to help keep the whole unit hot.

Danksta

I'm a clumsy bastard and I think I've only ever had one small, slight burn in about 5 months of use, but I have a very literally OCD repetitious way of using the FP. Its always on the stand unless I'm inhaling.

Like others, its always on if I'm at home and awake. Surprised at how I havent burnt myself yet tbh.

Coil cover is not for your protection btw, its just to help keep the whole unit hot.

Sheeeeeettt....you just sold me on the cover....:lol::D

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Haha. I burn my hand/fingers about 2-3 times a week touching the HOT stand post which clearly says HOT on top of it. SMH.. It hurts for a day or two and its gone. At first, its a white mark but these lil burn marks leave a nice scar.

This happens only when my Liger is hot and i can't use my normal enail nail stand for the FP as its holding the Liger. Tomorrow my newvape Naked Base arrives which will be the permanent home to the FP family.

buddingglasshead

Sheeeeeettt....you just sold me on the cover....:lol::D

Yeah it's main purpose is to make sure the outside of the coil isn't just wasted heat. According to NV's website it also helps decrease heat up times. Not that matters to most of us since it's on all day. :lol:

I'd buy it again even if was just aesthetic. Looks so damn good having the coil covered.

I've burnt myself a few times but nothing terrible and it's always me being an idiot. Actually did it this morning setting up my new stand touching the big shiny metal thing that has HOT engraved on it. @Shooby knows that feel....

Got all my new goodies today. Fine grinder is amazing but huge oversight of not having anywhere to store the now grounded material except in my previous grinder... Gotta figure out a solution I like to store.

New bowl is really nice! Although I was hoping for a little tighter fit without the threaded handle included I'd much rather just remove the top portion. Would also be great for seshing on the same piece to just have adjustabowl tops at the ready packed and plop them on.

Filled it to the brim and was amazed how little actually came through the double weave. I still have the degummed hemp in my dropdown and noticed on the top threads how oil was actually forming. The filter looked fairly clogged so I kept on puffing through it and continued getting fairly decent hits and also noticed that I no longer saw the oil at the top of the hemp

I really like the new stand. It'd nice having a spot for everything and I see another Ti cap in my future.

Danksta

Anyone have the bowl stick to the SH when you clear it? I've had that happen a couple times. The bowl falls on my lap. Thankfully not hot enough to burn. I think I made a mistake torching the FP bowl. It expanded. I now appreciate the fact my bowl sticks most of the time.

Danksta,
Reactions: Shooby

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Got all my new goodies today. Fine grinder is amazing but huge oversight of not having anywhere to store the now grounded material except in my previous grinder... Gotta figure out a solution I like to store.

I really like the new stand. It'd nice having a spot for everything and I see another Ti cap in my future.

I have the new stand coming and i use https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-tray-base-lid-2934 the tray base & lid for my flowers for the day. One side for sativa/hybrids and the other for indicas. Its not air tight but i never leave the fine grinds overnight.

A second Ti showercap? any reason or just to have?

**Edit**
Anyone have the bowl stick to the SH when you clear it? I've had that happen a couple times. The bowl falls on my lap. Thankfully not hot enough to burn. I think I made a mistake torching the FP bowl. It expanded. I now appreciate the fact my bowl sticks most of the time.

This happened to me last night for the first time but it fell off an inch away from the drop down and made a huge mess. It was stuck for only a second but enough to pull it out of the drop down. This is using the SH with the 14MM stubby bowl. What sucked was that it was only the second hit of many in that bowl which contained PR flowers and bowl topping hash.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Once or twice, thankfully no more. Both times I havent noticed until the bowl fell on the floor and got crap stuck all over it :)

Interesting that its got worse with a torching, is that what youre saying?

Top Bottom